• Replies 176.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

On episode 7 of Singular Point, Godzilla Phase II may not be Varan but he's basically Varan. He even uses Varan's roar! And I like what they did with the name of the whatever-you-call-it thingy that skewered not-Gabara: OD = Oxygen Destroyer. I didn't get the reference until it was spelled out however.

14 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Isn't Shinji considered a well-written character? 

He is, but he's the usual target of jokes about being "whiny" which isn't fully warranted since he's willing to get into action whenever the situation calls for it.

In the second Rebuild movie, he got so angry about his not-girlfriend being eaten by a monster that he accidentally caused the apocalypse to save her... well, maybe.

Just now, lightcosmo said:

As much as i loved Trails in the Sky i'll admit im hesitant to start the next in fear that I may not enjoy it quite as much.

In the wise words of an anonymous redditor

''Trails in the Sky will never happen again''

Aslong as you have that mind, you will be fine

Well, not for Cold Steel, but for Crossbell

and honestly, Crossbell's pacing, especially the 2nd game, is really based

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

In the wise words of an anonymous redditor

''Trails in the Sky will never happen again''

Aslong as you have that mind, you will be fine

Well, not for Cold Steel, but for Crossbell

and honestly, Crossbell's pacing, especially the 2nd game, is really based

I know what your saying in my head, however my heart might disagree you see. I really want to like series that continue, but in my experience the devs make some radical change that ends up not sitting right with me.

Edited by lightcosmo

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

I really want to like series that continue, but in my experience the devs make some radical change that ends up not sitting right with me.

Well, good news, Crossbell doesn't change that much from Sky. Especially Zero can be seen as Trails in the Sky 4

The one negative change Zero brought is the Bonding/Harem Shit

it's where it all started

4 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

What?

Nayuta: Boundless Trails is the weird unconnected Trails spin-off that plays more like Ys than Trails.

4 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

On episode 7 of Singular Point, Godzilla Phase II may not be Varan but he's basically Varan. He even uses Varan's roar! 

And while it may or may not be a reference, the ice breath is similar to that of Baragon, Gamera's first foe.

I say that because I can't think of any Toho Kaiju that has an ice-based attack.

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Wtf i like Lloyd now

I thought the music was good save for like one boss theme.

4 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

As much as i loved Trails in the Sky i'll admit im hesitant to start the next in fear that I may not enjoy it quite as much.

This ain't a good mentality to have honestly.

It'd be like me saying I'm hesitant to play the next new Xenoblade because it may not be the masterpiece that is Xenoblade 2 and X.

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

you played Ys 9?

I played the demo.

And you were posting about how you like the music.

So I assumed.

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

yeah

about that

Black Hole saga 5 might have changed that

I read up on the plot but didn't catch anything about that.

Just now, Armagon said:

I played the demo.

yeah Demo ost was fine except the shitty mid boss theme

and the mod aims to nuke that boss theme and tracks by the same composer

who composed much of CS3/4/5 ost

which, as you know, i despise

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

and the mod aims to nuke that boss theme and tracks by the same composer

Man, I don't wanna sound mean or anything but I do think that making a mod that is made specifically to remove songs by a specific composer is just kinda rude.

Like obviously nobody's being forced to download the mod and maybe I just haven't seen it but I can't think of any other fandom that would do this.

Just my two cents.

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:
  Hide contents

maxresdefault.jpg

AvnR6A8xVLLdac8ebIDGQJy0GY463iU8dd-TeZfz

Ah that. Very similar but not the same.

Spoiler

It's actually a twin sister.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Man, I don't wanna sound mean or anything but I do think that making a mod that is made specifically to remove songs by a specific composer is just kinda rude.

Not when the same composer has proven again and again that his tracks are bad, and him (or to be more exact, Falcom hiring him) being the main reason for Falcom's downfall in music quality

One of his Tracks is the reason why i decided to mod half of CS3 ost away. I really hated his tracks in that game

Also Ys 8 final boss theme is plains theme tier, not Falcom final boss theme. One of the reasons i didn't give the game a straight 10. He composed it

His calm tracks are fine, if average. But any boss/Metal track he composed is absolute shit.

And Ys 9 demo already showed what his Boss track is like.

If that mod wasn't being made i would've modded the game myself to spare myself the musical pain

CS2, as much as i hate that game, still has an S-tier soundtrack. From Ys 8 and after Falcom's music quality kept going down.

He also composed the Chickens in CS5

Edited by Shrimperor

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Not when the same composer has proven again and again that his tracks are bad, and him (or to be more exact, Falcom hiring him) being the main reason for Falcom's downfall in music quality

I mean, music is super subjective (unless it's a certain kazoo theme in a game about a certain green dino) so I won't really argue that point. My point was morso that I don't really see anybody else do this. Like the closest I see is replacing songs in Smash with other songs but the intent behind that has always been out of fun and not because the songs are hated.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

My point was morso that I don't really see anybody else do this.

Maybe not from the community like this, but music mods are nothing strange, and many games have a ''how to mod music'' guide.

Difference being many old Falcom fans (and that includes me) used to absolutely adore their music, and one of the reasons why we know their games in the first place, hence the noticeable decrease in quality is met with a pushback, which lead to this.

If the music was average (like, Tales for example) i wouldn't be mad, but their current tracks are downright offensive

Edited by Shrimperor

Or maybe my standards are too high or something, but it's not like i am asking every Track to be Silver Will/Unfathomed Force Tier

But atleast don't be ''i wanna throw my headphones away'' Tier. Which unironically i almost did while playing CS3. Cheap Trap? More like Cheap Trash.

Tell me

How can any self respecting composer turn

into

H O W???

A Mastarpiece of a track was arranged into absolute shit. If you thought what smash did to Counterattack was bad what happened above is a fucking war crime. 

Yeah no i am saving myself the pain and the ear bleeding.

anyway, good music here 

Edited by Shrimperor

anyway, Sorry for the rant/being aggressive.

I just miss the times when i looked forward to Falcom boss tracks instead of being afraid if my ears gonna bleed or not, and the whole ''this is disrespectfull'' absolutely triggered me, especially since Falcom doesn't respect their fans one bit.

Edited by Shrimperor

14 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Maybe not from the community like this, but music mods are nothing strange, and many games have a ''how to mod music'' guide.

Oh I know, I even gave Smash as an example. But I've never heard of music mods that target a specific composer.

8 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Mastarpiece of a track was arranged into absolute shit. If you thought what smash did to Counterattack was bad what happened above is a fucking war crime. 

Ok it's funny you bring up Counterattack cause I went and compared the two songs and when I got to the Arrange, I was like "oh this is just a Smash remix". But whereas the Smash remix of Counterattack is a downgrade, the Arrange of Cloaca Maxima is basically just a different interpretation of the song. Like I can legitimately see it as a Smash remix, particularly from the Brawl era.

13 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

anyway, good music here 

Hey, this anime was neat. 

.... could've gone without seeing episode 9 tho. Mega cursed.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

anyway, Sorry for the rant/being aggressive.

It's fine. Besides, i did technically start the debate.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Hey, this anime was neat. 

.... could've gone without seeing episode 9 tho. Mega cursed.

I only read the manga...

which is like 4 chapters translated lol

The lovers in flower field chapter was absolutely cursed, and if ep 9 is anything like that, i can imagine.

I should watch the anime sometime. Witch MC means i should watch it

the Arrange of Cloaca Maxima is basically just a different interpretation of the song.

is that how warcrimes are described nowdays? 😛 

Edited by Shrimperor

Shrimpy when listening to OST by a certain composer

626801746554912777.png?v=1

tbf, he does have a couple good tracks in Ys 8 (like Iclucian Dance is really good)...

but those tracks are nullified by the existence of that atrocious final boss theme

And all his Tracks in CS 3 to 5 are pure shit, and don't let me start on his evolution arrangements for Sky tracks. Not even Nostalgia he is leaving alone, but destroying it like everything he touches.

Edited by Shrimperor