Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, that's it. I'm exhausted. Off to bed early with me. See you guys tomorrow.

Sleep well!

Edited by Sooks

• Replies 176.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Also there's the fact that boss battle in Ys 8 is bitchy hard (atleast on Nightmare) which made alot of sense for the player party to be tired after, while in CS it was "haha s-craft go brrrr" super easy battles, which made losing in the cutscene dumb

8 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Fun fact: Ys 8 has same writer as Trails in the Sky

Explains alot, doesn't it?

Yeah, definitely!
Though so far, Ys 8's writing has been leagues better than Sky's for me (to the point where I played that, anyhow).

I was so happy when this happened, and went full "COLD STEEL, THAT'S HOW YOU DO IT!"

Same, actually! XD I think I actually yelled this out loud, even. XD
The scenes right after this were also really well done!

Best Girl!

Playstyle-wise, I 100% agree! ^^
Character-wise, first impression positive, but I need to see more of her before I can make a final conclusion!

Also, if you were wondering where I'm at currently: I am scaling Mt. Gendarme, and have gotten Ricotta to join up with me!
By the look of it, my final team will be an all-girls one if Dana ever joins Adol's group, because I have a lot more fun playing as the girls compared to their male equivalents (Dana for slashes, Laxia for pierce, Ricotta for bash attacks). xD

Also, the game went full Walking With Dinosaurs on me. XD

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Also there's the fact that boss battle in Ys 8 is bitchy hard (atleast on Nightmare) which made alot of sense for the player party to be tired after, while in CS it was "haha s-craft go brrrr" super easy battles, which made losing in the cutscene dumb

It was tough on normal, too, but I definitely had less trouble with it than the preceeding tree/hippo boss fights.
Or even the refights against what I will now dub as honorary "Draggy the Second". XD

Edited by DragonFlames

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Playstyle-wise, I 100% agree! ^^

Solo sections are kino and based!

I am scaling Mt. Gendarme, and have gotten Ricotta to join up with me!

You will love the boss of Gendarme, and i bet 10 internet points you will use him as pfp (not midway boss)

Also after midway boss there's a little secret. In the same room.

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

By the look of it, my final team will be an all-girls one if Dana ever joins Adol's group, because I have a lot more fun playing as the girls compared to their male equivalents (Dana for slashes, Laxia for pierce, Ricotta for bash attacks). xD

I suggest you switch around btw

Also, the game went full Walking With Dinosaurs on me. XD

You ain't seen nothing yet xD

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Solo sections are kino and based!

I enjoyed hers a lot!
My biggest problem with it is that it should've been longer. XD

Also, I have a hunch that this Olga person (one of Dana's friends) will turn out to be a villain somewhere down the line. I dunno why, but that's what I'm thinking!

Also, you wanna know what else I find based about this game?
ucj1XGK.jpg
The environments!
Like... this stuff looks legit amazing!

I'm enjoying myself a lot, if you can't tell. XD

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

You will love the boss of Gendarme, and i bet 10 internet points you will use him as pfp (not midway boss)

I am EXTREMELY interested in what that boss will be like, haha!

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Also after midway boss there's a little secret. In the same room.

Oooh, nice!
Then I will definitely look for it once I get back there after finding orichalcum (which is what the game wants me to do next)!

Thanks! ^^

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I suggest you switch around btw

Aww
But yeah, for the sake of leveling up the skills, I will have to switch around my party a lot.
Still, I think, if possible, I will tackle the final boss with Dana, Laxia, and Ricotta, since those three have been the most fun for me so far, playstyle-wise!

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

You ain't seen nothing yet xD

Oh? :IntriguedDraggy:

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

My biggest problem with it is that it should've been longer. XD

You will get a mini Ys origin game with the Dana sections. Make sure to explore well the next time you play as her!

The environments!
Like... this stuff looks legit amazing!

Absolutely. The island setting works really well with Falcom's artstyle

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I'm enjoying myself a lot, if you can't tell. XD

😄

Tomorrow i shall start an Ys journey as well!

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I am EXTREMELY interested in what that boss will be like, haha

Please post your reaction xD

Aww

As you said, for skills and stuff, but also sometimes certain characters might be unavailable. So familiarize yourself atleast with everyone

I also like playing with the Gals a bit more, since they are usually (much) faster. Adol is up there with them tho, although Dana is my fav.

7 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Oh? :IntriguedDraggy:

:smilingShrimpy:

*Eats a sandwich for lunch, indoors.*

*Sees a tiny maggot-like worm on the plate.*

🤮

How did it get there? Oh well, my appetite didn't take more than a half-hour to return.

--

Ventured into the basement, it's strange looking over my GameCube collection, the oldest thing left from my childhood. PoR, Sunshine, Melee, PM: TTYD, Tales of Symphonia, Custom Robo, both BKs, good memories. I still have some bonus CDs from a few games, including Luminous Arc 2, but not SRTOGSEF's.

The platinum lunch box still functions, as does the Wavebird. Didn't have the old unfinished save data anymore, not that it bothered me, a fresh Metroid Prime file was in my plans. I still don't like the save file menu, I get it, but it weird, one of the things that didn't endear to me the game as a child.

Controls will take some time to get used to. I've seen people criticize the pointer controls in MP3 and the trilogy collection, but motion controls could've been helpful here. You can't move Samus and the Arm Cannon at the same time. If only the manual aiming had been assigned to the C-Stick for twin-stick FPA, but it gets reserved instead for switching between the four beams -none of which except the Power Beam Samus has for a while. In addition, having to hold L every time I want to lock on to something or scan gets tiresome on my left pointer finger's tip, I could use the midsection of said finger instead, but then the Wavebird is slightly too small for my hands.

Decided to stop after finishing the tutorial area, the GC was tested, and almost 20 years since MP1 released, it still works fine. Frigate Orpheon is still A grade atmosphere, not overly hand-holding for a tutorial, if still very easy, and I almost failed at the end b/c I got confused on where to go, the game was a bit too dark to see everything clearly. Love all the scans in it, particularly those describing the cause of death of your predeceased would've-been enemies.

28 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I am scaling Mt. Gendarme

I'm not quite sure if my memory is right saying this, but I would say completing Mt. Gendarme felt like the halfway point to an extent. Or at least, I felt it begins a pivoting of the narrative in retrospect.

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

Afteer about 20 tries, I got Knight Artorias! I only got to, like, 15% of his health every other time, but I apparently figured out his attacks

Well done!

After fighting off Chester and buying all of his humanity, I'm currently in the Chasm of the Abyss.

Chester really is a jerk, glad he didn't catch you off guard.

Just got the Help Me! carving, then the game crashed.

Uh-oh...hopefully you didn't lose too much progress...

Just now, Eltosian Kadath said:

Chester really is a jerk, glad he didn't catch you off guard.

Well, at least his invader attacked me. Almost got me with an bleed, but I had just enough to survive.

1 minute ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Well done!

Unfortunately, I'm also not a massive fan of this fight, 'cause I feel like he has a few too many really quick attacks that stagger you for a long time. My biggest problem is the cartwheel thing he has. Still, it felt nice to get past him, and I liked Oolacile quite a lot.

3 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Uh-oh...hopefully you didn't lose too much progress...

Headin' out to work soon, so I'll find out tomorrow!

Got my new battery today 🙌. At least now I don't have to near the charger every time.