Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Finally beat I-No in AC+ arcade mode. Good freaking grief, can't believe it took me so long to consider taking advantage of that silly levitation dash she has by just shoryuken the crap out of her.

Edited by BrightBow

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Time for dinner. Tomorrow I'll finish Bloodstained and maybe I'll try and find the remaining two rooms I've left till 100% map completion, since I'm so close. Maybe find the remaining hairstyles I haven't unlocked, too. Either way, it's definitely ending tomorrow.

Super Missile get! I feel like I should've taken a break after picking up the Wave Beam, but no big deal.

Samus could afford to be lighter on her feet, but the Sheegoth took no more than one tank of life off of me before I slew it. Most of that loss came after it went into a near-death rage. The Sheegoth's vulnerable area is tricky to hit, no clear indicators of where it'll take damage instead of bouncing off the beast. I think I burnt through 20-30 Missiles, I can envision the fight taking more.

Oddly, I've grabbed only two Missile Expansions since Flaaghra, and one (could've been two) Energy Tanks, so few Missiles have been on the beaten path. Nabbing a few more upgrades ought to fix this.

The trip for the Super Missiles marks a turn in Samus's mission to Tallon IV. Up to this point, barring a few turrets in Magmoor, Samus has seen some presence of the Space Pirates, but hasn't actually encountered any since planetfall. Now, she is off, not to eradicate them, just steal their superb technology and whatever Artifacts they stole. The few let's plays of MP1 I've watched snippets of show the player using the Power Beam except when absolutely necessary, what a bore! I mean it does have the highest rate of fire, and the Super Missiles, but I didn't want to be so dull. Ever since I got the Wave Beam, I've been sticking to it as my weapon of choice. I don't want to simply execute the Space Pirates, I want to electrocute them! The purple arcing volts across their bodies as the bastards die of two charged shots are a sight for the eyes.

Next up is pilfering their thermal imaging technology, hand it over or die you cretins!

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Screenshot_4448.png

I've rarely seen that attitude out of Xiaomu before. But I find it equally hard to fathom she is referencing something here.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I've rarely seen that attitude out of Xiaomu before.

Tbf, Sylphie is the true neutral in the sense that she'll help out both friend and foe for the right price (or just going shopping).

This, of course, annoys Xiaomu.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

But I find it equally hard to fathom she is referencing something here.

I think she made one here

Screenshot_4449.png

26 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yeah the way Trails generally works is that the first game in each arc assigns your party and then in following games, you can choose whichever.

Well, I’m lucky that my two non Estelle and Joshua favorites from the last game, Olivier and Kloe, join early.

This changes starting in Crossbell, where party members get EXP regardless of if they are benched or not.

Good.

Does that carry over into Cold Steel?

Screenshot_4477.png

But what T-elos didn't realize was that two of my units right there have their MAs unlocked, which means she has basically just fallen into my trap.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

What is the reference?

Buy the dress. In her game of origin, you could that. It got taken out of the US release since she'd make a remark of wanting to see her naked or something like that.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Xeno fans, which version of Xenoblade Chronicles is best to play for the first time? Is the 3DS version acceptable?

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Buy the dress. In her game of origin, you could that. It got taken out of the US release since she'd make a remark of wanting to see her naked or something like that.

Ah.

That did make it in to PxZ2 tho. In NG+, you can buy her dress as an equip.

2 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

Xeno fans, which version of Xenoblade Chronicles is best to play for the first time? Is the 3DS version acceptable?

There is literally no reason to play the Wii and 3DS versions of Xenoblade 1 outside of historical curiosity.

Definitive Edition on Switch is the one you want to be playing.

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

There is literally no reason to play the Wii and 3DS versions of Xenoblade 1 outside of historical curiosity.

Definitive Edition on Switch is the one you want to be playing.

B-but I don't have a Switch...

I have access to both Wii and 3DS versions. I'm leaning toward the 3DS versions, as using the Wii is a hassle and it's one of 3 reasons to ever consider having a New 3DS.

Just now, Maof06 said:

B-but I don't have a Switch...

I have access to both Wii and 3DS versions. I'm leaning toward the 3DS versions, as using the Wii is a hassle and it's one of 3 reasons to ever consider having a New 3DS.

Well you can play the New 3DS version but keep in mind that it's considered the worst version. Like gameplay-wise it's identical to the Wii version but being played at 240p really does a disservice to Xenoblade.

14 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

If you happen to already have the 3DS version and you don't want to buy the game again, or if you don't have a Switch, then it's fine, otherwise the Switch version is recommended.

28 minutes ago, Armagon said:

But Xiaomu......Sylphie would have your money by then so you lose regardless.

Sylphie's clothes have a price, revenge is priceless.

By the way, do PXZ or PXZ2 have limits on how many units you can deploy? I haven't gotten far enough to find out.