Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

24 is just tasting a game in that genre

That's because Omori actually knows how to get to the point.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

BAD RUBEN

Sorry, I can't stand RPGs, okay? Even my favorite one is not entirely safe from their flaws.

Just mostly.

Wha— No! You were supposed to focus on how cute that was!

You should know better, Sooks. I am a grumpy person.

The thing you’re referring to has been acknowledged since the beginning.

You’re also overestimating my playtime in FC by a substantial amount.

Even by normal standards, that's still 60 hours. I still hate him.

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

This reminds me my current SoV playthrough is clocked at over 100 hours and still counting.

I'm still at only just started Act 3. Eeyup.

How?

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

31 hours

most people would be at the final chapter...

If I ever play Like a Dragon, it'll take me 1000 hours to get to endgame...

Speaking of, is level 15 too high for this part of the game? (For reference, I just met Agate briefly)

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Sorry, I can't stand RPGs, okay? Even my favorite one is not entirely safe from their flaws.

I was more so talking about disliking the side quests, which goes against the code of Sooks.

I actually don’t like RPGs if they don’t change the core gameplay at least a little bit.

Oh wow, I'd never seen that happen before. For some reason, one of the thieves in 3-Main hid in the temple, so Agvan was unable to sit on the seize point.

Nothing too remarkable happened afterwards, however. The thief moved the following turn and Agvan assumed his usual position.

Also, this image is bringing me some awful memories.

9 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Let's just say, Lady Luck can be mean.

O O F

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I was more so talking about disliking the side quests, which goes against the code of Sooks.

Well, the Code of Sooks is more like the Code of Sucks, then, because the Code of Ruben says get to the point in 30 hours or less.

Berwick Saga is once again an exception, much like when it comes to anime.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:
O O F

What can I say. My obsession to see green across the board combined with SoV's almost non-existant Res growths means hours trying to proc a Res stat-up WITH the stats I also want to see rise.

But well, it's kinda of a relaxing comfort routine.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:
Well, the Code of Sooks is more like the Code of Sucks, then, because the Code of Ruben says get to the point in 30 hours or less.

Always do the side quests.

Edited by Sooks

19 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

What can I say. My obsession to see green across the board combined with SoV's almost non-existant Res growths means hours trying to proc a Res stat-up WITH the stats I also want to see rise.

But well, it's kinda of a relaxing comfort routine.

Eh, I can't complain. I believe I've mentioned it before, but way back when I was still relatively new to the franchise, I poured enough hours into the FE8 postgame to max out almost every playable character. Still have the file, in fact. Lemme check...

...OH MY GOD 124 HOURS

Gcauxzcx o

But hey. Worth it.

17 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Never do the side quests.

Thanks for your support.

Alrighty, just played Chapters 11 and 12 of New Mystery.

11 was basically just "haha desert map," but all the wyverns have 1 range. Despite having an actual speed stat this time, them hitting on Defense combined with 1 range lock made them piss-easy to fight in comparison to FE3.

12 was still pretty good, but I think FE12 as a whole and its design philosophy made the map less unique. In 3, while you can mount on the part past the first room, you don't have the Boots yet, and the Pisces shard is in a chest under the top-right dragon. Also, the only reinforcements were from the bottom 3 forts, but they never stopped coming, so the map felt a lot more urgent and dangerous there despite the FE12 version spawning Wyverns on top of you. This time 'round, I felt like I was just doing the usual block-the-forts-to-win strategy, while in 3, I couldn't do that since literally everybody in the party would get 2HKO'd by the 33 attack Brigands with Devil Axes (which didn't backfire on enemies in that game) and the 20 attack Dragons, since having more than 40HP at that point in the game is incredibly hard to have. So, while the FE12 version had a lot more enemies on it, I felt like the FE3 version was way more intense due to the low move at the start, constant stream of pressure from behind, and the loads of 1~2 range defense and res-ignoring Dragons waiting to destroy you.

Man, looking back, I was surprisingly thorough with this file. I didn't max out every stat for everyone, but I did at least cap the offensive stats of everyone except Marisa, Colm, Tana, Vanessa, Ross and Neimi. You can tell it's a really old file because it has shit like druid Ewan, warrior Garcia, great knight Kyle and Forde, sage Artur for some reason and...

...Wait, paladin Amelia? Why? What the fuck, Ruben from the Past?!

Anyway, 3-Main Berwick over. Couple of panics in a few places, but overall, that went pretty damn well.

7 minutes ago, Spara said:

Alrighty, just played Chapters 11 and 12 of New Mystery.

11 was basically just "haha desert map," but all the wyverns have 1 range. Despite having an actual speed stat this time, them hitting on Defense combined with 1 range lock made them piss-easy to fight in comparison to FE3.

Enemy-phasing them with Excalibur consistently trivializes them even in lunatic, it's hilarious.

12 was still pretty good, but I think FE12 as a whole and its design philosophy made the map less unique. In 3, while you can mount on the part past the first room, you don't have the Boots yet, and the Pisces shard is in a chest under the top-right dragon. Also, the only reinforcements were from the bottom 3 forts, but they never stopped coming, so the map felt a lot more urgent and dangerous there despite the FE12 version spawning Wyverns on top of you. This time 'round, I felt like I was just doing the usual block-the-forts-to-win strategy, while in 3, I couldn't do that since literally everybody in the party would get 2HKO'd by the 33 attack Brigands with Devil Axes (which didn't backfire on enemies in that game) and the 20 attack Dragons, since having more than 40HP at that point in the game is incredibly hard to have. So, while the FE12 version had a lot more enemies on it, I felt like the FE3 version was way more intense due to the low move at the start, constant stream of pressure from behind, and the loads of 1~2 range defense and res-ignoring Dragons waiting to destroy you.

...Okay, that does sound wonderful in FE3.

Gotta say, though, the shard being in a chest does not convince me. That just seems like it'd end up like chapter 10 - you beat the map, then you have Marth tediously run a lap around the map collecting the treasure. Except instead of a lap, it's just a little jog to the other end of the map and back. At least in FE12 the shard goes to you.

Plus, I bet FE3 doesn't have the Sable Knights randomly showing up in a volcano with their heavy-ass jackets right after the Avatar and Jagen were done complaining about the heat. That never fails to crack me up.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Gotta say, though, the shard being in a chest does not convince me. That just seems like it'd end up like chapter 10 - you beat the map, then you have Marth tediously run a lap around the map collecting the treasure. Except instead of a lap, it's just a little jog to the other end of the map and back. At least in FE12 the shard goes to you.

I usually just Thief Staff it once the dragon moves off or have Julian or Rickard nab it once the dragon is dead. But still, I couldn't just ORKO the dragon and be done, I had to expend a unit slot or a use of the Thief Staff to keep Marth and co on a good pace to not get mobbed.

It's actually my favorite map in FE3. And honestly, after that, I think I take back what I said about FE3's difficulty. If this is how maps are gonna be (though I know that, like in FE3, 19 and 20 will spike hard in difficulty), FE12 H1 is not as tough. I think it's just stuff like the Chapter 6 throne room being insanely threatening that threw me off. Or 10x. Fuck 10x.

Just now, Spara said:

I usually just Thief Staff it once the dragon moves off or have Julian or Rickard nab it once the dragon is dead. But still, I couldn't just ORKO the dragon and be done, I had to expend a unit slot or a use of the Thief Staff to keep Marth and co on a good pace to not get mobbed.

It's actually my favorite map in FE3. And honestly, after that, I think I take back what I said about FE3's difficulty. If this is how maps are gonna be (though I know that, like in FE3, 19 and 20 will spike hard in difficulty), FE12 H1 is not as tough. I think it's just stuff like the Chapter 6 throne room being insanely threatening that threw me off.

Huh... Well, you have good taste in maps, as proven by your affinity for 12-1. I think I'll take you at your word, and give Book 2 a shot soon-ish. It's going to feel weird, with all of my favorites gone, but... Eh, Matthis is still there.

Just now, Spara said:

Or 10x. Fuck 10x.

...Yeah, I have to agree with you there. In my lunatic run that map was... well, it was unpleasant.

sfJXnCX.png
hmm

ZrCumSb.png

i wonder if i will be able to platinum this game. I didn't finish the game yet so i bet i can get another ~10 or so until i finish it.

Looking at the achievements the only one that seems annoying is max skills with everyone hmm

Edited by Shrimperor

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Really? *Goes check* Huh, interesting. Eh? Ingram and Viletta are not involved with that W numbering.

I know, Balmarian "Barshem clones" or something. With Ingram having what, five "children"? 

I felt like mentioning the W-DBZ thing as an mostly unrelated aside that any Banpresto has done with its originals, is probably to some degree likely a pale shadow of something an anime has done which I an ignoramus know nothing about. And there I should not actually show any fondness for the "creativity" of Banpresto Originals. In other words, I'm an OG fan feeling a little guilty about being so provincial and uncultured. Glancing at the mention of "Androids 16 & 17" for a DBZ fighting game as I was reading some game news made me think Lamia and Echidna almost immediately. I don't know Gundam, but I take it the psychic powers necessary for using weapons among the SRX/Alpha 1 units is based on this Gundam concept of "Newtype" humans I see mentioned on Akurasu? You did say Cybuster, if it was invented b/c they couldn't get a license, was inspired by Dunbine. And I forget what anime mech one commented said the Grungust may have been inspired by.

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Also, no Astranagant since it's one of a kind even in the multiverse and it's in Cobray's hands.

Instead, OG got the pink robot that shoots from the crotch.

I think I understand why people don't like the Rivale.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

11 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I know, Balmarian "Barshem clones" or something. With Ingram having what, five "children" now factoring in Ing?

I felt like mentioning the W-DBZ thing as an mostly unrelated aside that any Banpresto has done with its originals, is probably to some degree likely a pale shadow of something an anime has done which I an ignoramus know nothing about. And there I should not actually show any fondness for the "creativity" of Banpresto Originals. In other words, I'm an OG fan feeling a little guilty about being so provincial and uncultured. Glancing at the mention of "Androids 16 & 17" for a DBZ fighting game as I was reading some game news made me think Lamia and Echidna almost immediately. I don't know Gundam, but I take it the psychic powers necessary for using weapons among the SRX/Alpha 1 units is based on this Gundam concept of "Newtype" humans I see mentioned on Akurasu? You did say Cybuster, if it was invented b/c they couldn't get a license, was inspired by Dunbine. And I forget what anime mech one commented said the Grungust may have been inspired by.

That bit of the Balmarians was certainly interesting. To the point I don't know yet if Shapiro from Dancougar returns in Alpha 3 because he revived (which happens in the Dancougar OVAs), or it's just another of his clones (Alpha 1 shows the Balmarians cloned him and some of the other anime villains like Gundam's Scirocco).

I suppose it's just a way to convey they're clones/artificial/fabrications, when they have designations instead, or alongside, a name.

Yep. The whole psychic thing comes from Newtypes. Games like the Alphaverse had both system coexist, with some extras. Like, Akira from Reideen also has the Psycodriver skill, since he does have psychic-esque powers, making him one of the few non-OG characters with the skill. The opposite is also true, as Axel, Lemon, and Vindel in SRW A are designated Newtypes, with the skill and all. Lamia gets the Enhanced Human skilll that Artificial Newtypes from Gundam get instead. But otherwise it's the same skill. The difference is for story reasons.

Pretty much. The Aura Machines/Battlers into Masou/Masouki/Masoukishin, Aura into Prana, subterranean/otherwordly Byston Well into subterranean/otherwordly La Gias. The concept of people from Earth being summoned to BystonWell/LaGias. It's all there.

It's a combination. Grungusts are based both on Mazinger Z (mostly weaponry like Rocket Punch into Boost Knuckle, Breast Fire into Chest Blaster) and Daitarn 3 (the humanoid, flier, and tank modes of the original Grungust Type-1 is pretty much what Daitarn 3 also has).

Edited by Acacia Sgt

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

At least it's one of the innocuous scenes, and not... y'know, shit like the twister scene.

Tbf, Twister has always been questionable as fuck so like that's not really the show's fault.

2 hours ago, Sooks said:

40 hours of leaving the game on the pause menu

This is somehow worse than the time Benice spent like 30 hours on Ch.1 of FC.

How do you even leave it that long? If the menu had some banger song like Melancholia from Xenoblade X, I'd get it but...

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That's because Omori actually knows how to get to the point.

Ruben when he starts an RPG and it doesn't immediately download the entire plot into his mind

IMG_20200605_141552.jpg

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Also on the subject of RPG hours, I have over 500 hours logged in my main Yakuza 0 file.

What can I say? It's the best game ever made.

Well said, Armagon!

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Good Benice. Only I am not allowed to do the funny "change what the person said" trick.

Couldn't agree more!

Spoiler

Kloe will have a decision about whether to rule or not when she brings back the Arseille?

HYPE

She better say yes though.

The final dungeon theme from the last game?

MORE HYPE