Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

You should've gone with the difficulty you're most comfortable with.

I do want to play nightmare mode, I just need to acknowledge that I’d rather play Conquest first. I am very weak to Fates talk, as it turns out.

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Burning Throb is good.

Get over the Barrier is still best tho.

I can jive with that opinion.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It isn't canon, though. A route where the best waifu is dead ain't canon in my book. I refuse to believe it. And I guess Scarlet dies as well, that sucks too.

Right? Keep an eye on the thread if you wish, I'll be sharing my impressions as I go.

For as dumb as Corrin is in Conquest, that route will always be canon to me. Justice to the game where the final boss is a bow-locked unit.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

I do want to play nightmare mode, I just need to acknowledge that I’d rather play Conquest first. I am very weak to Fates talk, as it turns out.

Fates is a great game. It is only natural that you'd be inspired to play a great game after watching people talk about a great game.

Now, don't forget. You must use Charlotte and Benny, and also get Haitaka and Kumagera. Haitaka at least, though I recommend Kumagera too, he's great too.

Just now, DodgeDusk said:

For as dumb as Corrin is in Conquest, that route will always be canon to me. Justice to the game where the final boss is a bow-locked unit.

Yeah, that was great. While I enjoyed Birthright well enough, the final boss was such a step down. From a sniper to a generic dragon? Seriously?

Edited by Saint Rubenio

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Fates is a great game. It is only natural that you'd be inspired to play a great game after watching people talk about a great game.

Now, don't forget. You must use Charlotte and Benny, and also get Haitaka and Kumagera. Haitaka at least, though I recommend Kumagera too, he's great too.

I’m going to use Charlotte as Xander’s backpack, bench Haitaka after chapter 10 and never touch the other two. Woohoo for the meta!! 🥳

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I’m going to use Charlotte as Xander’s backpack, bench Haitaka after chapter 10 and never touch the other two. Woohoo for the meta!! 🥳

I hope Takumi procs Vengeance and Rend Heaven at the same time.

I hope Takumi procs Vengeance and Rend Heaven at the same time.

I hope all of your generics get horrible levels.

11 minutes ago, DodgeDusk said:

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah, that was great. While I enjoyed Birthright well enough, the final boss was such a step down. From a sniper to a generic dragon? Seriously?

That's because Takumi is the best thing from Fates.

11 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Me looking at a post I wanted to remove an attachment from but can't because the topic's locked.

(Sidenote: Dogma is pretty good and freely available on youtube because the rights are somewhere in heaven I suppose)

How to even remove the attachments from our posts!?

11 minutes ago, Sooks said:

If you're willing to suport grind using DLCs and/or My Castle, I recommend you to A+ Laslow with Xander, so he can access Bow Knight to get the most important skill in the game: Shurikenbreaker. If you're not willing, marry Xander to Selena so he can access it more easily. While the pair up stats will be inferior, Xander will appreciate the speed.

8 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

If you're willing to suport grind using DLCs and/or My Castle, I recommend you to A+ Laslow with Xander, so he can access Bow Knight to get the most important skill in the game: Shurikenbreaker. If you're not willing, marry Xander to Selena so he can access it more easily. While the pair up stats will be inferior, Xander will appreciate the speed.

If it wasn’t obvious, I was joking. I probably will use Charlotte as a backpack, and I’ll at least use Benny to get Ignatius.

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

If it wasn’t obvious, I was joking. I probably will use Charlotte as a backpack, and I’ll at least use Benny to get Ignatius.

Dude, I get it, I was just giving you a hint. Having Shurikenbreaker in Xander will make Ryoma's chapter much more manageable. Marrying Xander to Charlotte and getting A+ support with Laslow means Xander will have access to the best classes and perfect pairup stats. It's the best of both worlds, although you may need to support grind to get it.

55 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Hey, if i can plan on playing Metroid Other M to see if it's truly that bad, then Sooks and Ruben can play Revelation to see if it truly is that bad.

And I'm presently playing through FFXIII, the game where some people started thinking "Maybe this isn't the greatest JRPG franchise of all time". Although I've taken like a day or two off of playing it ATM, happens when I've played long into a game, that, and even weaker enemies are feeling annoying too strong in the game where I'm at.

34 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I'm starting SteamWorld Heist now.

Hope it's enjoyable! Not too complicated, nor too long. I think my run of the game was 20 hrs tops.

44 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

How to even remove the attachments from our posts!?

You go to edit a post, then where you see the icon for an attachment to that post you press the bin icon to delete it.

You can't do this if you can't edit the post.

This is a problem.

22 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Okay, I have now legally obtained Fates and the DLC on my emulator, and they appear to work.

I'm jelly, Nintendo PCs are a bitch to import. :P

30 minutes ago, WraithReborn said:

He betrayed the Emperor!

I was trying to figure out if you were around!

Hey there!

All right, it's time. I will now begin my Rev run.

So, the way this will work is as follows: I will play normally from the Branch of Fate (can't be arsed to start over from the beginning, Fishtail's early leveling kinda sucked but that's life) until I get the prison. Then, logbook Orochi will be used exclusively to capture as many units as she can, as fast as possible, until the real Orochi joins. Hopefully in three or four chapters I'll have a full team of at least provisional generics.

Allowed non-generics will be Corrin, Orochi and Azura. Pretty obvious picks. Also Fuga, because I will get no other opportunity to use him and it's not like he's Ryoma or anything like that. Orochi and Azura will get no supports, so Orochi'll essentially function as a generic, though maybe I'll have Fuga marry Corrin because I don't think anybody has ever done that before. As for unique bosses, there are none in Rev and I will only be able to get Kana's paralogue at best, so I will not be using any, not even Lloyd or Llewelyn.

Here's what my newest Corrin looks like.

Evqxascz o

Tried my best to make her look generic so she could fit in with her army. Talent doesn't matter because I'll leave her as a Nohr princess. Dull was a given for the bane, and I figured lucky boon is about as close as I'll get to a "default growths" Corrin.

It's go time.

38 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I hope all of your generics get horrible levels.

Monster.

35 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I'm starting SteamWorld Heist now.

Eyyy! I hope you enjoy it, it's a great game. Use Bellatrix!

20 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I probably will use Charlotte as a backpack, and I’ll at least use Benny to get Ignatius.

Why, though? Charlotte's great. Give her a goddamned chance.

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Okay, I have now legally obtained Fates and the DLC on my emulator, and they appear to work.

Nice!

27 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And I'm presently playing through FFXIII, the game where some people started thinking "Maybe this isn't the greatest JRPG franchise of all time". Although I've taken like a day or two off of playing it ATM, happens when I've played long into a game, that, and even weaker enemies are feeling annoying too strong in the game where I'm at.

*looks at my FF game rating list, sees XIII at the top* I guess im just cultured!

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:
Evqxascz o

Tried my best to make her look generic so she could fit in with her army. Talent doesn't matter because I'll leave her as a Nohr princess. Dull was a given for the bane, and I figured lucky boon is about as close as I'll get to a "default growths" Corrin.

Considering Dull is Magic, I'd argue Nohr Princess wants that because tomes.

Also, good luck with the difficulty being all about stats.

Just now, lightcosmo said:

*looks at my FF game rating list, sees XIII at the top* I guess im just cultured!

That is certainly an answer.

I'd be mad if you'd said II.

Even her base stats are generic lol. They look more like an early FE lord's bases. Amazing. I can tell this is gonna be great already.

And with the easiest version of chapter 6 done, it's on to the intro! Rev gets a unique opening... well, "unique." It's just both openings combined. But I dig it still.

Just now, Dayni said:

Considering Dull is Magic, I'd argue Nohr Princess wants that because tomes.

Pah. Swords and dragonstones are all she'll ever need. Heck, dragonstones are already too much. She should just be a boring sword lord!

Just now, Dayni said:

Also, good luck with the difficulty being all about stats.

Thanks. I'll definitely need it.

10 minutes ago, Dayni said:

You go to edit a post, then where you see the icon for an attachment to that post you press the bin icon to delete it.

You can't do this if you can't edit the post.

This is a problem.

Still can't do it. Eh, I'm dumb. At least I have some... interesting images in my attachments that I prefer to keep saved.

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I'll have Fuga marry Corrin because I don't think anybody has ever done that before.

Kana will get the second-lowest growths possible.

Just now, lightcosmo said:

To borrow a line from the famed American poet Emily Dickinson- "Much madness is divinest sense". -Her thoughts on the thing we call "majority opinion".

Pah. Swords and dragonstones are all she'll ever need. Heck, dragonstones are already too much. She should just be a boring sword lord!

Dragonstones are magic though.....