Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

38 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Yes.

I had completely forgotten about it until you stirred up a very vague memory in your rant about it.

But... It's so fucking bad! People rail Fates all the time for everything it does but not Awakening? Double standards! Utterly vile!

Gangrel, an obviously evil grey ruler that can frequently be found maniacally laughing but raises no red flags to the people in his country, who’s name starts with Ga.

Sounds familiar.

Ahhahahhah... Hey, c'mon now...

I’m not talking about turning Rugga into a good guy, I just think there’s really no reason for Alette to oppose Rugga more than a little bit, and the game doesn’t let me do anything else. Like while meeting with Meinolf, all I get to say about him is I would have left him in Boersgard if I could, we didn’t agree on much, or that he made things difficult but we had an understanding. Why??

Yeah, you do raise a fair point. Oh well, nothing is perfect.

Can’t I just rest all the time away near the end before the white tower if I overshoot it? I think that’s a thing.

You can't rest in the darkness. Be very careful, man.

35 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

other than the obvious story/writing?

Yeah.

I'd rather not debate about that, tbh.

Okay, no problem.

29 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Wtf

I have a very hard time believing that.

I really should've thought to take some screenshots. But fine. Let's go over some numbers. You can check them here. They are correct, I can assure you.

All right, so. Niles at base with the iron bow he comes with deals 17 damage. With 15 speed he doubles everything, no questions asked. Now, the tankiest enemies in his join map are the +5 HP fighters, with 31 HP and 6 defense. Niles deals 11 damage to them, needing a 9 damage attack stance to finish the job in one round. It's a bit steep, but Effie should be able to provide it easily enough. Keep in mind, this is still better than everyone else except Corrin at this point.

That's the most trouble he has in his join map. He has exactly enough might to one-round the mages without help (22 HP 5 def, 17 - 5 - 1 from WTD = 11), and he only needs a very tiny boost to kill the fighters without +5 HP (26 HP 6 def, he needs a boost of 4). He has a bit more trouble with the lancers (24 HP 8 def, needs a boost of 6), but there's only two of then and they're very whatever enemies because of their gimped movement.

As for his hitrates, they're basically perfect against the fighters and the lancers. He suffers a little bit against the mages due to WTD, but he remains on the 70s at worst, and he also hardly takes any meaningful damage from them, so he can fight them on EP, no sweat.

So yeah. Tl;dr: Say whatever you will about his future performance, but Niles is just objectively, undeniably good in his join map. Unless you want him to frontline fighters, but if you'll knock him for durability you oughta knock Mozu too, who is even worse in that regard.

8 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

Marry them and then reclass Niles to archer.

That's... Not a terrible idea. Thanks, I'll keep it in mind.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

• Replies 177.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You can't rest in the darkness. Be very careful, man.

I thought they let you at the very end. This might not end well…

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Yeah

Conquest lunatic stats are the same as hard tho. Only skills and some map changes, no stat inflation

Yeah, I know since i've seen the data before. Not a fan of the extra skills idea but that doesnt mean its a bad idea either.

13 minutes ago, WraithReborn said:

I just think in terms of its artistic style, music and character designs (minus the fan service) Fates is more distinctive then Awakening.

Yes, this is the biggest reason I've grown fonder of Fates's artstyle myself. The fanservice sucks, but I really dig the whole "dark European vs bright Japanese" aesthetic. Heck, Fates is the only game in the series where the countries have distinctive clothing. Every other is just multicolored robes and armor for eveyone without much rhyme or reason. I don't think it's bad, mind, but I do appreciate what Fates does in that regard.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

I thought they let you at the very end. This might not end well…

I don't think it's too late yet. Just adopt the mindset I used when playing Awakening. Get rid of as many folks as you can, then be recklessly slow with the Ravens.

...or, go back a bit. The game saves often. Return before Gudmundr joins and pick the option that screws you out of him. Shame, but hey, it's an option.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Unless you want him to frontline fighter

> Archer

> frontline

Pls

Still 9 damage from attack stance is not easy, but i will give you the rest

He still sucks ass tho 😛

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Yeah, I know since i've seen the data before. Not a fan of the extra skills idea but that doesnt mean its a bad idea either.

Imo that's exactly how higher difficulties should be like. One of the reasons i consider conquest best gameplay

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Heck, Fates is the only game in the series where the countries have distinctive clothing.

Not just aestheticis, but also playstyles due to different classes and weapons. I really love that.

They just had to make story and characters not suck super ass and easily best and most unique FE.

But they had to go japan good yurop evul

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Still 9 damage from attack stance is not easy, but i will give you the rest

Effie.

He still sucks ass tho 😛

I mean, sure.

...now watch as my Mozu turns out worse because I have all of the luck.

Imo that's exactly how higher difficulties should be like. One of the reasons i consider conquest best gameplay

See, I agree, Conquest's lunatic, at least from these first few maps, is pretty great. Not that much of a step up from hard, but I'm sure that'll change.

But... I also almost died a bit earlier because I forgot Kilma has Vantage. Twice. Looking at the skill list for every enemy is hard when you're a lazy asshole lol.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I don't think it's too late yet. Just adopt the mindset I used when playing Awakening. Get rid of as many folks as you can, then be recklessly slow with the Ravens.

...or, go back a bit. The game saves often. Return before Gudmundr joins and pick the option that screws you out of him. Shame, but hey, it's an option.

There’s no way the timer can go that high… right?

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

But... I also almost died a bit earlier because I forgot Kilma has Vantage. Twice. Looking at the skill list for every enemy is hard when you're a lazy asshole lol.

I actually died because i actually forgot earlier today lol

But that's on me tbh.

The best the game can do is to make the UI better and skills obvious in attack menu

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I can totally understand that. No one enjoys "false" difficulty or "rubber banding".

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

There’s no way the timer can go that high… right?

I've seen people with like 30 days lol.

Not just aestheticis, but also playstyles due to different classes and weapons. I really love that.

For a game with a continent that doesn't even get a name, it has essily some of the best bits of worldbuilding in the series.

They just had to make story and characters not suck super ass and easily best and most unique FE.

But they had to go japan good yurop evul

Yeah, that's truly a shame. I wish they looked back and considered all the great ideas Fates had. Unfortunately, I have my doubts. Money is all that matters, and money most likely says Three Houses 2 is the way to go.

...sorry for getting all negative again. I'm just afraid, damnit! When will the next FE be announced? I need to know if FE is dead to me! Confirm my fears or surprise me, just... Do something, IntSys!

I actually died because i actually forgot earlier today lol

But that's on me tbh.

Hahhahaha... My, my, the Conquest expert!

The best the game can do is to make the UI better and skills obvious in attack menu

It's better than in the older games, where I hardly even check enemy inventories because you have to go in a separate menu for it. But it's still a bit difficult to remember to check the other screen every fight. Your suggestion would make it perfect.

27 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I wonder. PxZ had this detail where the enemies of the final map... or final two? I forgot. Anyway, most if not all of the mooks right at the end were basically copies of every Solo player unit that was an enemy at some point. Even if it was for but a single battle. Never checked if PxZ2 pulled the gimmick again... but well, you might find out soon enough.

Well it would be a bit harder here considering the only two solo units who were enemy units before joining were Segata and Estelle.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Well it would be a bit harder here considering the only two solo units who were enemy units before joining were Segata and Estelle.

Then I guess that confirms they didn't reuse the concept. Then again, I doubt it'd matter. You'd just get a map full of Segatas and Estelles, heh. They're copies, after all, so it won't matter how many they are or how varied.

Alternatively, they "revive" the dead enemies and copy them too.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Money is all that matters, and money most likely says Three Houses 2 is the way to go.

Its also the reason 3H's DLC bombed and they didnt make the next wave like they planned.

7 hours ago, Benice said:

I think it's a gameplay thing. Majula's grown on me quite a bit and the setting seems like there's a lot of interesting stuff going on.  I think what's bothered me the most is that the game sort of constantly feels like it's fighting you, if that makes sense? Dark Souls 1 was hard, but it wasn't hard just to be hard-it was hard in order to forward the game experience, whereas I feel like this game is more hard because it's Dark Souls 2. There's also the hitboxes and whatnot...

I feel like Lost Sinner sort of exemplifies most what I haven't enjoyed about the game. She doesn't have a particularly large health bar, she doesn't have any crazy powerful attacks, and she doesn't move in a terrifying way, but I died to her so many times, which I found frustrating, since it felt more like the mechanics were stacked against me rather than the boss being legitimately hard to read or having a large, hard-to-avoid moveset. I don't know if that makes any sense to anyone else, though.

I think I know part of the issue then, DS2 is a lot more into setting up traps, where you need to pay a LOT more attention to avoid, or carefully arranged aggros, where you can really draw in a lot more enemies than you can easily deal with if you aren't careful, which feels a lot more antagonistic of the game...I guess it was also specifically advertised as difficult, which leads to that perception as well. As for hitboxes, they have always been a little wonky, even in DS1.

I don't remember the Lost Sinner being any trouble at all...Did you light the oil beacons that light up the Lost Sinner's arena before the fight, or did you face her in the dark?

7 hours ago, Benice said:

We shall see! I dunno when I'll do the DLC, though. Is it a lategame thing?

I am fairly certain they scale (with Soul Memory as opposed to level, which is something to be a bit careful about...), so whenever you feel like tackling it is as good a time as any, although there are three DLC levels, that are unlocked with items you find in the game. I will also note that each of the DLC levels has a section designed with co-op in mind, which can be annoying to deal with solo (although I have done all of them solo before...).

4 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

...has Fates just taken this thread over!? 

Modded Fates in particular it seems

59 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Right now she's the worst archer on the team lol. Yeah, sure glad I wasted all that experience on the worst archer on the team when I could've used it to make other units better.

Give her some time, her growths beat out all of Niles (barring Magic and Resistance) so she will pass him eventually, plus the archer line's skills lead towards things more directly related to her combat, whereas the skills of the outlaw line give utility that people massively underappreciated, which helps her image even more...

33 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Wtf

I have a very hard time believing that.

Its comments like these that make me wonder if the Niles haters really use him...

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

How 3H showed skills in the attack menu was a good way imo

3H doing something right? That's not Teehee at all!

1 minute ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Its comments like these that make me wonder if the Niles haters really use him...

I tried multipe times, but everytime he fails me after a few chapters and as a lockpicker Kaze beats him and Shura is a better Adventurer, and i can never reach lvl 15 promoted with Niles to get Shuriken breaker...

I'll finish Ch.41 of PxZ2 tomorrow. Map's just kinda laggy. But i've already reached it's halfway point.

17 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Its also the reason 3H's DLC bombed and they didnt make the next wave like they planned.

I'm gonna need a citation on this. 

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

I'm gonna need a citation on this. 

Look at the data, they had alot of DLC stuff in their that wasnt used. Coincidence? Not likely. The data doesnt lie.