Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It's almost time. In a few minutes, I'll be called in and my wisdom teeth will go bye bye.

...some of them, anyway. I believe they won't take them all out at once.

So yeah. That's all.

I’ve heard that’s… not fun. F.

See if anything's... Different, at all.

Why, that’s not at all ominous or foreboding.

So I should I do that at the start of every white space time or at a specific moment?

Seems like the balance is still positive, even despite the... Xenoblade situation.

Ruben will find himself “””ironically””” playing Xenoblade and then enjoying it.

Edited by Sooks

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I’ve heard that’s… not fun. F.

More fun than having screwed up teeth the rest of my life.

Why, that’s not at all ominous or foreboding.

So I should I do that at the start of every white space time or at a specific moment?

I did it a couple times, no particular moment. Saw a couple of nice things. Pretty sure it's random.

Ruben will find himself “””ironically””” playing Xenoblade and then enjoying it.

I find that to be rather unlikely, given what I have seen of the games.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

I find that to be rather unlikely, given what I have seen of the games.

Remember when you thought that about Fates?

Good times, good times.

Pah! That was the whole tooth extraction thing? 'Twas nothing at all! Only weaklings are afraid of such trifles. I'd have them do it again!

...honestly tho, that wasn't painful. The anaesthesia was very effective, I hardly felt more than some pressure.

That being said, it was terrifying. Like, I was sweating so much that my shirt is straight up sticking to my body and my palms were wrinkly. Jesus. Maybe I'm just a chicken, cheep cheep cheep cheep, because that seriously wasn't too bad.

Now I have to wait half an hour while biting a thingamajig go stop the bleeding and I believe I'm set. Y'know, sleeping mouth notwithstanding.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Remember when you thought that about Fates?

Good times, good times.

I mean, yeah, but Fates is not an RPG. I'd take the worst FE over the average JRPG.

8 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I can say thats a win for sure!

Most certainly!

So @Saint Rubenio I followed your advice and… “exited the white space”, we’ll call it. And nothing happened.

Spoiler

I got to walk around the house, that black thing with the tentacles that appears on the ground sometimes was in Sunny’s room, when I checked the mirror the thing I saw when opening the door the first time was there this time and that black thing with the eye that keeps popping around was downstairs and then disappeared when I walked toward it. That was it. I saw the game let me do it again, so I did it again, and that time actually nothing out of the ordinary happened. After that I loaded a save of before I ever stabbed for fear of something bad happening because I did that in the first place, and now I’m continuing with that save.

Also I have train tickets in my inventory, how did I get those? I strolled into the train station and the line was gone, so I walked past the guy selling lemonade and the guy in front of the entrance to presumably the train station was like “wait! No! You don’t have tickets! …wha? Actually you do? Come right on in!” and they are there but I don’t remember ever getting them. Is that a thing I just missed? Because I am seriously drawing a blank.

33 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I mean, yeah, but Fates is not an RPG. I'd take the worst FE over the average JRPG.

Afaik Xenoblade isn’t turn based.

Edited by Sooks

11 minutes ago, Sooks said:

So @Saint Rubenio I followed your advice and… “exited the white space”, we’ll call it. And nothing happened.

Hide contents

I got to walk around the house, that black thing with the tentacles that appears on the ground sometimes was in Sunny’s room, when I checked the mirror the thing I saw when opening the door the first time was there this time and that black thing with the eye that keeps popping around was downstairs and then disappeared when I walked toward it. That was it. I saw the game let me do it again, so I did it again, and that time actually nothing out of the ordinary happened.

You're luckier than me. I had something a lot spookier happen.

Afaik Xenoblade isn’t turn based.

No, but it nonetheless does not look like my sort of thing.

How can you even say if you would or not without actually trying it out...

Anyway... hahaha, I did it! I beat Chaos! Once again the Tales characters pulled through! Though I needed to train up a second Slash Zone Setter to counter Chaos' own Zone. Finally! Finished Chapter 84 and Part 2 of the storyline! Now I can go somewhat back to do the side content I've missed, at least until the next main stuff arrives. I think there's a second Mythos saga, plus they already confirmed a Part 3.

Oh, Another Eden is such a great game. Wish I could have actual convincing ability...

34 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

How can you even say if you would or not without actually trying it out...

Frankly, I find the notion that you absolutely cannot tell if you would like a game or not if you don't play it to be overexaggerating a bit. Watching a gameplay video and reading some impressions allows you to make a decision with a reasonable amount of certainty. It's not always right, but trying out every single game I come across based on the tiny chance that it'll be better than it looks isn't feasible. Money and time aren't infinite, I can't waste them on every game in existence willy-nilly. Especially if they belong in a genre that I generally don't enjoy.

Xenoblade looks like the kind of game I'd enjoy for 10 hours more or less, then I'd grow bored of exploring and doing fetch quests, drop it and never touch it again. Given I'd have to download and set up an entirely new emulator / fork over 60 bucks to play any games in the series.... Well, I just don't think it's worth the investment. If I wanted that sort of experience I'd replay Elder Scrolls: Oblivion.

19 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Unless I missed some super obvious hint, the rain town side quest is kinda dumb.

You're there already? Took me till near the end of the game to find that area.

And yes, it's dumb. The whole thing is a big joke, don't overthink it.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You're there already? Took me till near the end of the game to find that area.

I just strolled into the train station and got here.

Although that makes since some of the enemies in Dino dig straight up one shot everyone in my party.

Btw, I found Hector. It makes sense that you didn’t know what happens with him, because it looks like he was a completely random dig up in the Dino dig minigame. Let me know if you want to know what happens or that triggers any memories.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

And yes, it's dumb. The whole thing is a big joke, don't overthink it.

I got it wrong and then loaded a prior save.

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I just strolled into the train station and got here.

Although that makes since some of the enemies in Dino dig straight up one shot everyone in my party.

Oof.

Btw, I found Hector. It makes sense that you didn’t know what happens with him, because it looks like he was a completely random dig up in the Dino dig minigame.

I found Hector too, actually. That was the side area I spoke about the other day where I spent a couple of hours. I never said I didn't know what happens with him, I just said it was unrelated to the hidden ending scene.

I got it wrong and then loaded a prior save.

I did the same haha.

19 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Xenoblade looks like the kind of game I'd enjoy for 10 hours more or less, then I'd grow bored of exploring and doing fetch quests, drop it and never touch it again. Given I'd have to download and set up an entirely new emulator / fork over 60 bucks to play any games in the series.... Well, I just don't think it's worth the investment.

Then try Xenosaga instead. Xd

You thought Trails had a slow beginning? XS EP I is infamous for how slow the starting is!

I did it. I used all my good items, but I did it.

…and my reward for that was a hangman key? Well that was not worth it at all, since I can’t get Sooks% with those on this route and it didn’t contribute to the solution.

aaaand I made a permanent mistake and have to reload the fight. Pain.

Edited by Sooks

21 minutes ago, Sooks said:

This was a bad idea.

But I can’t stop now, I will beat this boss while severely underleveled.

Wait, what? What boss fight?

I did it. I used all my good items, but I did it.

…and my reward for that was a hangman key? Well that was not worth it at all, since I can’t get Sooks% with those on this route and it didn’t contribute to the solution.

aaaand I made a permanent mistake and have to reload the fight. Pain.

O

O

F