• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...Then again, I did spend years refusing to give it a fair shot for exactly that reason, didn't I... In fact, wasn't it like the second-to-last FE I played? Talk about leaving the best for last.

Well, the last last was Awakening, but... Eh, that was "the best" in it's own way, too. I don't think I've ever played a game that I considered so thoroughly awful in every conceivable way that somehow managed to make me have so much fun anyway. I almost feel bad putting it below RD, the latter half of RD was torture while I barely registered the latter half of Awakening lol.

The last last was Revelation, Fates should be counted as three separate games.

Hmmmmmmmmmm.

We'll see. Knowing you, you're trying to manipulate me into going through the hentai route.

Dwarves are usually depicted with beards across media.

Edited by Sooks

Just now, Shrimperor said:

not a shota?

No, the game's shota is someone else, and human.

This is RF's closest has got to the stereotypical dwarf:

Guía de regalos de Rune Factory 4: qué regalos dar a cada aldeano

Beard. Check. Blacksmith. Check.

Only thing not checking is that he's tall, but then, RF dwarves are more human-sized instad of being short.

12 minutes ago, Sooks said:

The last last was Revelation, Fates should be counted as three separate games.

Right, of course.

12 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Dwarves are usually depicted with beards across media.

Come now, that's not the only factor...

23 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

We'll see. Knowing you, you're trying to manipulate me into going through the hentai route.

There's no hentai route.

35 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yes, but S stands for "shit", which according to that one RPG I played once, is the same as @lightcosmo. Lightcosmo is as we know pretty rad, therefore S is a good thing to be. R is the first letter of my name, and I am as we know bad and ugly, therefore R is not a good thing and it means you hate Arise. Arise, more like Erase this game from existence plz.

Am I forgiven for that thing yet Cosmo

Hmm, forgiven? Lesee... You're getting there? Once you admit that Xeno is amazing, then all will be forgiven.

4 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Hmm, forgiven? Lesee... You're getting there?

Woo!

4 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Once you admit that Xeno is amazing, then all will be forgiven.

...crap.

So uh... If I say Xeno from TearRing Saga is amazing, that totally counts, right? I'm willing to do that!

Played a board game with family. Laughs of the heartwarming kind whenever someone roasts your drawing skills.😄

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Honestly, that's exactly how i've been playing Atelier Firis this whole time. Soma Bringer is on the list of course but like, i started Atelier Firis like the first week of June and 

Gotcha. I know that feeling well, it's very annoying. And I noticed Firis has been kinda there for a long while now, it's unusual for you from what I've seen. You're still inestimably better than me on completion.

1 hour ago, Ghost_06_ said:

Imagine caring about opinions from randos

I do! Cyberpunk was ruined when they patched out the accidental groin exposure glitches. (Not surprising if they let you go so far as to customize that anatomy, there must be too many polygons in the game to keep all acting as they should.)

If I'm in the mood for a schadenfreude, I ought to look up the supposed fiasco behind that game.

18 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

So uh... If I say Xeno from TearRing Saga is amazing, that totally counts, right? I'm willing to do that!

Hell no! Xd sides' you cant judge the Xenosaga series, you havent seen anything on it!

12 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Played a board game with family. Laughs of the heartwarming kind whenever someone roasts your drawing skills

Awwww thats really cute!

2 hours ago, Ghost_06_ said:

Don't worry, there's no bad ending! Unless you want to see it as a bad ending, of course

I-I thought my choices mattered!

Looks like my gullibilty and gutter-mind won't end me this time, though!

35 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Didn't he get your warper killed in your TRS ironman?

3 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Mc-kun is honestly a standard shounen MC, just older.

Will say, i do think if you asked me to look at them individually, yeah Alphen is kinda weaker while Shionne would hard carry. 

Heh, it really is Xenoblade 2 lol, what with a standard-ish hero and a really good heroine. But that's fine.

3 hours ago, Shrimperor said:
Spoiler

I was much more annoyed by the shounen speech tbh.

If it would've lead to Shionne's Death i would've been super pissed off actually. But then the deus ex machina thing happened.

Still super annoyed at the ''Save Rena'' thing tho

Spoiler

The whole forgiveness speech especially doesn't work considering Alphen killed Volhran several hours before (idc, that man is dead, he did not survive being impaled through the chest with a fire sword, the one with see later is an imposter).

But it comes down to a bigger fundamental issue: the villains are boring and lame and we know nothing about them. I'm about to mention Xenoblade 2 twice in the same post but the forgiveness speech really was done way better in Xenoblade 2.

Like there's nothing wrong with forgiving or at the very least saving even the worst (morally) villains but when at least when it comes to video game stories, most of them are pretty bad at getting it right.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And I noticed Firis has been kinda there for a long while now, it's unusual for you from what I've seen. You're still inestimably better than me on completion.

It's because of how the game is structured. The "main story" is really just a glorified prologue and the real meat of the game is the post-game which unlocks if you get your alchemy license in the allotted time-limit (not a hard thing to do but it's kinda easy to get lost so i can see some people failing). However, it is still mechanically treated as a post-game which means after you complete one character's events (will always be Firis' sister Lianne, other characters' events won't continue until her's are done), the game opens up the "end the game spot" where you can choose which ending to get based on whose' events you have completed.

Basically the entire structure of the game has completely changed my mindset towards how i usually play RPGs so i've just been playing it on and off. I could actually end the game now if i wanted to but i'm still missing a few of the character endings and this is one of the few Ateliers where you can get all of them in one playthrough.

As for being better at completion, it really depends. Most games i don't 100%, the ones i do are usually achieved a while after i beat them. Case in point, it is super easy to get 100% on 13 Sentinels but i actually haven't done it yet.

22 minutes ago, Armagon said:
Spoiler

The whole forgiveness speech especially doesn't work considering Alphen killed Volhran several hours before (idc, that man is dead, he did not survive being impaled through the chest with a fire sword, the one with see later is an imposter).

But it comes down to a bigger fundamental issue: the villains are boring and lame and we know nothing about them. I'm about to mention Xenoblade 2 twice in the same post but the forgiveness speech really was done way better in Xenoblade 2.

Like there's nothing wrong with forgiving or at the very least saving even the worst (morally) villains but when at least when it comes to video game stories, most of them are pretty bad at getting it right.

Spoiler

Also in XBC2 it wasn't a fucking spirit of doom behind everything. Amalthus and Malos were ''people'' and not Astral energy

Say can I unequip everything from this party so Ries’ party can use it or will the game throw this party into a battle immediately when they reunite or something and I will have just soft locked myself?

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

As for being better at completion, it really depends. Most games i don't 100%, the ones i do are usually achieved a while after i beat them. Case in point, it is super easy to get 100% on 13 Sentinels but i actually haven't done it yet.

I gave up on 100%ing games a few years ago. I meant just finishing games. I haven't fought many superbosses in RPGs of late (XCX is strange in retrospect that I completed the survey- if never fighting Pharsis). The likely cause is because of some time consuming grinding to be strong enough to stand a chance, others because they're too difficult or weighed down with "rules" I must obey or I die. I'll say I won after watching somebody else defeat a superboss.:

Oh wait, wrong vid. The first result for this NG+ only superboss, can take 40 minutes looking at the first result on YouTube. Once regarded the hardest in JRPGs.

Now this is much better! As the saying goes "I came, I saw, I conquered". So I've defeated the Ur-Devil on Expert!

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:
  Hide contents

Also in XBC2 it wasn't a fucking spirit of doom behind everything. Amalthus and Malos were ''people'' and not Astral energy

Spoiler

Oh i thought you were talking about Alphen forgiving Volhran.

The Great Spirit was really more of a force of nature so i don't really consider it like, a villain.