Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

38 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Well i was more referring to how i'm one of two people here who finds LMBS to be fundamentally very awkward and not fun but nobody else here seems to have an issue.

I cant say, im the person that finds games with shit cameras nigh unplayable. Im the last to judge on a core mechanic being awkward, lmao

• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

I cant say, im the person that finds games with shit cameras nigh unplayable. Im the last to judge on a core mechanic being awkward, lmao

seriously though, a bad camera will make or break a game, I'd agree

And done it. Rigged it so Dave wouldn't win. Feel a little bad for him, but well, he was basically running the place like a cult. Dictatorship more than Democracy, pft. Anyway, the miniquest truly lives to its name. It's not very... dynamic, from what it first sounds like. So, in the case Dave loses, he takes it oh so well by demanding a recount saying he'll stablish a new republic at Old Olney. Well, I'm heading in that direction next since that's where Vault 92 is, so... off I go following him then.

These days in 2277 Olney is now overrun with Deathclaws. Yeah... Dave ain't gonna win trying to establish his second republic. Well, I cleared the place before his arrival, least I could do for that rig. lol Though I suspect the Deathclaws respawn eventally anyway. Well, I only have the sewer to visit before heading to Vault 92.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

While the soundtrack didn't overwhelm me or anything, I can't say it isn't at least competent. Why does the thought of using this for a Mario Kart track suddenly enter my mind?

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Some cute lil' Lea gifs

LeaCool2.gif?width=432&height=432

LeaJump.gif?width=432&height=432

I think I'll agree with that assessment. And I'll get back Xcode soon, BDII is done and I don't want to start NEO TWEWY yet. But first, Nobunaga has to force his brother-in-law to commit seppuku.

1 hour ago, twilitfalchion said:

I think each FE game has parts that are good, some that don't appeal to me, and others that do.

I take a similar dissection approach to individual characters, or aspects of the story, or gameplay. Partly as an act of basic critical analysis and partly to salvage some wreckage out of the less-liked. Although, doing this sometimes leads to a clinical sterilization of the experience after the initial enjoyment, which may diminish my ability to experience future feelings of joy as strong from the object of analysis.

2 hours ago, Ghost_06_ said:

Cleopatra: It’s not true, it’s bullshit. I did not hit him. I did not.

Mark Anthony:

Cleopatra: Oh hi Mark.

Octavian: Is that an excuse to take over Egypt I smell? Or is that the sweat you two are working up? Actually, they're one and the same.

I see Dave reached the place after finishing with the sewers. He sits down in a small alleyway. Talking to him too many times and he'll become hostile. I'll just leave him there as I finally venture into Vault 92 to get that Soil Stradivarius.

Oh yeah, the sewers did had something of note. The Prototype Medical Power Armor. Not that I can use it yet, or need it specifically over other models. The curious thing about this is that according to other stuff in the game, this was originally meant to be elsewhere. As a quest reward. But then they decided to change the reward, and move this Power Armor to... here. Just unceremoniously to be picked up from a BoS corpse. Oh well...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

FAQintIVUAYvqU6?format=jpg&name=large

I beat it again.

E42n1JjVkAQkygX?format=jpg&name=large

My last run for comparison. I shaved off 44 minutes but got <50% in item completion. Probably because i skipped like the entire Western portion of Ridley's Lair since i took the route that avoid the flying beetle boss entirely.

Anyways i replayed the best Metroid game so it's fresher on my mind for when Dread comes out and i'll be able to more easily find out whether or not Dread will top this or not.

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

I cant say, im the person that finds games with shit cameras nigh unplayable.

I mean yeah, cameras are pretty important.

Though i can't say i've had a game ruined by the camera so far. Like i've played games with bad cameras but not game-breaking bad, you know?

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Why does the thought of using this for a Mario Kart track suddenly enter my mind?

BD characters are now in that Chocobo Kart game.

19 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Though i can't say i've had a game ruined by the camera so far. Like i've played games with bad cameras but not game-breaking bad, you know?

If you don't mind emulation or happen to own a Wii/Xbox 360, I can highly recommend Brave: A Warrior's Tale. It's one of my favorite terrible games, and the camera is a big reason for that.

Vault 92's experiment is quite interesting I'd say. Still, even if it did brought results trying to make super soldiers through white noise conditioning, musicians wouldn't make for the best test subjects... perhaps. The experiment was a bust anyway.

Okay, got the Soil Stradivarius. I could head back to Agatha's, but I'll still explore a couple locations nearby, and I can say I'm done with the northeast quadrant of the map. For now anyway. That will be some other day, though.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Finally got around to watching the finale of Dragon Maid S2.

Very based, i think imma read the manga now.

35 minutes ago, Benice said:

If you don't mind emulation or happen to own a Wii/Xbox 360, I can highly recommend Brave: A Warrior's Tale. It's one of my favorite terrible games, and the camera is a big reason for that.

*Looks up screenshots* oh my.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

*Looks up screenshots* oh my.

It's a great game: There are tons of walls and floors you can just go through, the camera gets stuck in walls, if you hold the "lock camera" button, the protagonist occasionally turns into spaghetti, the OST is...Nonexistant, the controls are extremely weird and the camera and textures provides no depth perception! Also, the death animations are hilarious. Generally speaking, any time you think, "Hm, I bet I could clip through this if I..." then you probably can. There are so many hilarious things to do.

...And for some reason, some of the voice acting is really good.

It is one of my very favorite games ever, precisely for how broken it is. I've played it a few times with my friends, and it's one of our very favorite things. I was considering learning how to speedrun it, since I've already found a few skips and the like.

Plus, you can really see a lot of ambition behind the development of the game! It just lacked the resources to get there.

Alright, took a little hurdle or two, but I'm set and ready to buy SRW 30... and I'm willing to pre-purchase the Ultimate Edition. It's not something I do lightly... in fact, this would be the first time I'd do something like it. Wait, I think I actually pre-purchased Awakening as well. Anyway, it's SRW, so to me its worth it to show my devotion to the series instead of buying this on a sale. So for SRW I'd do this, more or less. I still have a month, so I won't do it tonight... just in case something doesn't show up suddenly and the money has to be spent first on that and have to wait for it to be repaid... well anyway...

9 hours ago, Spara said:

What is this? Looks really cool!

https://www.freem.ne.jp/win/game/25715

Standard FE with some Thracia vibes is how i would describe it so far

9 hours ago, Armagon said:

I think it's like the German equivalent of "what's up" or something

Jo is more of a ''Yes''. Although i do use ''Jo what's up'' alot.

What i meant to say however is the greeting ''Yo'' which i always write as Jo xD

Edited by Shrimperor

11 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Also it has save points ala DSFE

And the option to turn on every turn save, which i do because language surprises lol

And sometimes the game likes to use ambush spawns... 

That's pretty nice, at least. The saves part, not the ambush spawns.

11 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

ylhIFh4.png

Gives me super Thracia vibes

Oh God, inaccessible siege sages...

10 hours ago, Dayni said:

For me it could be because on balance I accept most of the games for/despite their flaws I suppose, which if the game doesn't bother me so much makes it easier for me to just get into it. That and the higher tedium threshold I seem to have. Though I'm kinda out of FE in terms of games I'm playing for the last while anyway and that's fine, because I have other things to get on with and at least I have those while we wait for Trigon Scenario.

SDatBoL is a very high bar even for me though, hence why I can't face it as opposed to most others (I probably wouldn't replay Gaiden either in fairness).

10 hours ago, Ghost_06_ said:

I always focus on the good each game has to offer. I think the only one that disappointed me was PoR.

9 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

For me, it's not that I love each game, per se (and this goes for any game, not just FE), it's more that I don't have the energy to actually hate any game.

Even my least favorite FEs (FE4 and FE6) don't make me angry. They just have aspects I dislike, which lead me to not want to play them.

Same goes for other games I don't enjoy.

I think each FE game has parts that are good, some that don't appeal to me, and others that do.

I also just tend to have either unpopular opinions or opinions so neutral it makes people mad, so take what I say with a grain of salt. :shrug:

I see. To be honest, I can't say I make the effort. If I play a game and don't enjoy it for too long, I drop it, simple as that. Which is also why I'm reluctant to try out games if I don't get a good impression from playthroughs and reviews. It'd be a waste of time and/or money if my initial impressions turned out to be correct, and I find you can form a decently educated opinion from watching some gameplay and knowing yourself and your tastes. Not 100% infallible, but it's better than constantly wasting time on games I'm not going to enjoy.

9 hours ago, Armagon said:

I simply choose to not talk about the games i don't like as much.

I think that's the main point here, yeah. I don't even get as angry at games as I seem to, but I'm vocal about games I don't like and it puts me at odds with folks who don't want to hear some dude ranting about a game. Oh well...

9 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It's all about balance. I hate enough things about my life there's just nothing left to direct to stuff like video games. Or it feels like there's no point in hating them.

That's... depressing.

8 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Dave

Can I just say I find it hilarious that this apparently all-important figure that you keep bringing up is just called Dave? It's great.

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh God, inaccessible siege sages

Thankfully Fliers can reach them phew

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

If I play a game and don't enjoy it for too long, I drop it, simple as that.

Yeah mostly same

Exception is if it's from a series i know and love then i stick with it longer until i come to love/like/tolerate it or absolutely hate it's guts

*Cough*ModernTrails*Cough*

Also i find nothing wrong with ''hating'' a game. Especially from a series you love you want the next game to be better and not just give up on it and all the time and money you ''wasted'' on it

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

If I play a game and don't enjoy it for too long, I drop it, simple as that

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Which is also why I'm reluctant to try out games if I don't get a good impression from playthroughs and reviews.

This is still true for me, I'm very wary to pick something up in a series I'm unfamiliar with. I can tend to lower my guard a bunch if I have familiarity to go off of though (Pokemon alone has that for me going way back.)

I'm also kinda wary of learning too much from playthroughs, especially if, say, I'm definitely looking at it for story reasons (e.g.: skipping most all of the 3H talk for 6 months after it came out).

It still doesn't mean that how I feel on matters is how others feel. If we end up enjoying things in different ways (or not for that matter) that complicate matters as well.

Apologies for SoV by the way.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It'd be a waste of time and/or money if my initial impressions turned out to be correct, and I find you can form a decently educated opinion from watching some gameplay and knowing yourself and your tastes.

For me, even if a game looks like it'll be fine on paper, sometimes something about the game won't work and it just crushes the whole thing. I find Gen 7's moment to moment gameplay to be such a slog for how I played it that it undercut much of the enjoyment I could have with them.

Funny how ways to resolve that were added in later gens and at the same time other actions taken which put me over the line for done.

Ohhh, for fuck's sake... Can everyone please stop automatically walking into traps and triggering explosions that kill half the team whenever I take my eyes off them for five seconds? I had that fucking fight until someone decided we really needed to start over again! Who was it?! Was it you, Zevran?! You better not screw up again! I've got a chastity cage with your name on it!

42 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Thankfully Fliers can reach them phew

Oh, that's nice at least.

Yeah mostly same

Exception is if it's from a series i know and love then i stick with it longer until i come to love/like/tolerate it or absolutely hate it's guts

I can relate. I don't think I've ever given a game I didn't enjoy as many chances as I did Three Houses...

Also i find nothing wrong with ''hating'' a game. Especially from a series you love you want the next game to be better and not just give up on it and all the time and money you ''wasted'' on it

Thank you for your understanding.

9 minutes ago, Dayni said:

This is still true for me, I'm very wary to pick something up in a series I'm unfamiliar with. I can tend to lower my guard a bunch if I have familiarity to go off of though (Pokemon alone has that for me going way back.)

I used to be like that too, but then Three Houses happened, and the next four FEs I played after that were all ones I disliked, and since then I've decided I really need to be more careful with the brand names.

10 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I'm also kinda wary of learning too much from playthroughs, especially if, say, I'm definitely looking at it for story reasons (e.g.: skipping most all of the 3H talk for 6 months after it came out).

Oh yeah, I don't really watch playthroughs to decide. I usually try to find snippets of gameplay, see how it plays and stuff.

10 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Apologies for SoV by the way.

Hey, don't apologize. It was worth a shot.

11 minutes ago, Dayni said:

For me, even if a game looks like it'll be fine on paper, sometimes something about the game won't work and it just crushes the whole thing.

Yeah, that happens sometimes. It's annoying.

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

I mean yeah, cameras are pretty important.

Tales of Zestiria comes to mind every time. Why do they zoom the battle camera into a wall where you can't see anything?! It annoys the hell out of me since the combat has alot of potential, but is ruined by the fact that the player can almost NEVER see what's going on.

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

Something in your throat? XD

All right, Jarvia's dead. That was a difficult fight, until I realized ganging up on one person at a time meant my team melted them in five seconds, so I did that. My girl fell over near the end of the fight, but the other three were able to finish off the stragglers just fine. Next time I play, I gotta go to the depths and finally fight some darkspawn again.

Play Gunvolt

Play Blaster Master Zero

2 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Jo is more of a ''Yes''. Although i do use ''Jo what's up'' alot.

What i meant to say however is the greeting ''Yo'' which i always write as Jo xD

I see. That probably was the context in CrossCode and i just couldn't remember but TIL.