Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

ASSHOLE

Trails Kiseki GIF - Trails Kiseki Cold Steel - Discover & Share GIFs

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Love how all of these have their icons and then there's Banner Saga 2.

For some reason the icon is bugged. Also, CrossCode good

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ah, so you get nothing out of the sidequesting, is that it? Yeah, I can see how that'd be an issue, though I haven't ran into such a game.

The problem is that enemy's levels scale with you

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

Deirdre Grass/Psychic confirmed.

I thought she was a water type. She got wet too fast

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It was the right call to trust you after all. Who woulda thunk it. Still shocked you didn't secretly try to make me play a hentai game...

I would never do it. I know you wouldn't like.

I take it the 4th group is gonna fight the final boss? This is why you should use Kevin and Ries, I get to bring my main party to the final boss.

I don’t know if I made it obvious yet, but Ries grew on me a lot. Ries good, actually. The food thing was kinda weird in the beginning, but then they just dropped it, which is weirder but also good.

Edited by Sooks

40 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

I would never do it. I know you wouldn't like.

Hmmm... I will trust you 1% more from here on. I will remain wary, however. Anime lurks around every corner.

Got back to wrapping up Mitsuhide's fourth chapter in Samurai Warriors 5, melancholy and "this is going to be almost identical to the Nobunaga version of the fight" kept me from doing so.

Next up was Nobunaga's fifth chapter which starts with Nagashino. Even though the gameplay benefits that came from it were marginal at best, I do like a good mid/lategame visual power up for a hero. Matured Nobunaga and Mitsuhide look good. But, the choice to the first character Nobunaga meets after laying eyes on him Ieyasu was strange. Ieyasu didn't get a redesign, so here was the aged Nobunaga being called "Brother" by the still very youthful Ieyasu, Koei Tecmo's limited budgets bit it. It's only a minor niggle though. Demon Oda is still awesome.

Nagashino is one of the later battles given the endpoint here has to be Honno-ji, so things are definitely getting more chaotic. Although the subsequent battle at Shigisan actually saw me lose an objective, as is usually the case, the worst mid-battle missions are "Stop X People from reaching Y Destination!". The one thing that I found disappointing about Nagashino, was that Koei kept Shingen Takeda alive for the battle, when historically he was gone by this point, I thought they had stopped with lifespan anachronisms. Although Motonari Mori is still alive despite being long deceased, as has always been the case with him, and...

Spoiler

Nobunaga discovered after Nagashino that Shingen was actually a kagemusha- a ninja masquerading as Shingen. The real one, as had been hinted at after Mikatagahara, had died of his historical illness. I gotta say I like this twist, not that I would want it used more than this one time for someone who is "alive" when they were historically deceased. The way the game presented the truth that Shingen had been dead was done well. I can't exactly explain it, but the ghost, the mere facade of Shingen, was enough to keep Tokugawa's and Oda's great armies at bay for two years. There is something impressive in that and an army that would succeed in maintaining that powerful illusion.

Lastly, Kanbei has shown up, finally. Hanbei's best bud and fellow tactician has missed out on most of this game. I've been wondering when he would arrive. The lateness of it feels like it unbalances the relationship between the two strategists somewhat, given one has the head start on fights in the Oda-Hashiba army. Although that's fine, since Kanbei greatly outlived Hanbei, if Koei wants to integrate an element of "mentor & successor" into their friendship, I'm all for it.

5 hours ago, Dayni said:

(Maybe I'm the only one who just feels weird about 60 FPS)

As long as it there isn't serious lag or frame skips, I don't care. 30 or 60, it doesn't matter. You might as well turn the extra frames into large picture frames and let me chuck them at enemies.

5 hours ago, Dayni said:

Them some priorities here.

Video game music can require context true, although it depends on the individual listener as to how much if any context they want.

And I know of cases where the developers threw out the final battle theme well in advance of a game's actual release or the final battle itself. Although, you wouldn't realize what the final battle's music would be until you got to it, so were you really spoiled?

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

Well even terrible villains can still have banger boss themes

I forget if this played for Ryyz, who was indeed terrible. Though I would come to the defense of Goetia, she was by no means a fantastic villain, but between her, Ryyz, and Luxaar, she was the best of the Ganglion lot by a long shot. Elma had some alright animosity chemistry with her as well. Ryyz shouldn't have replaced her.

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

Namco could've collabed with something they actually own or you know, another video game

They do have a loooong list of IPs. And they've done such costumes before with Tales.:

Du6D_4gUwAIXQob.png

I know you'll recognize at least one of these.

Does the main guy of Arise look like he could pull off Reiji to you? It's the first thing that came to mind when when I read what you suggested.

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Yeah, a game all about stopping the madman from bringing dragons from the other side of the gate. Totally no build-up to fight... a dragon coming from the other side of the gate.

*surprised Pikachu face*

Fix it next time by having Nergal copy Bayonetta, he summons the monstrosity but it stays under his control. While wearing clothes. Last breath actions of incredible consequence are soooo cliche.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

14 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

They do have a loooong list of IPs. And they've done such costumes before with Tales.:

Du6D_4gUwAIXQob.png

Does the main guy of Arise look like he could pull off Reiji to you? It's the first thing that came to mind when when I read what you suggested.

I like that I can recognize almost all of them. If not by name, then at least from where the costumes come from.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

> First birthday spent with family in more than a decade

> One of the most negative ones...

oh well...

51 minutes ago, Sooks said:
  Hide contents

80b0dQp.jpg

All right, I think I’m ready.

Good Luck 😄

Now you are making me want to install Sky3rd and do a random party final dungeon run...

Edited by Shrimperor

46 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Du6D_4gUwAIXQob.png

I recognize Klonoa...

Wait, fade to black in front of the boss and the the game makes me select a different route?? Don’t tell me I’m gonna have to fight all the bosses at once…

Well, that shouldn’t be too much of a problem as long as the game doesn’t pull the tournament “if you lose one you have to start at the beginning” shenanigans, but the game probably won’t let me adjust my equipment unless I load a save from before that party began the boss, which will be painful if that boss loves to spam a certain status. I guess that’s what what earth wall is for, though.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Good Luck 😄

Thanks!

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Now you are making me want to install Sky3rd and do a random party final dungeon run...

I take it you’re a fan of the final dungeon.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

I take it you’re a fan of the final dungeon.

LOVE IT

My fav. Final dungeon in the series.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

“if you lose one you have to start at the beginning”

nah it doesn't, dw. You will have only to retry the one you lose at. However you can't save between them. Although i think the game auto saves. Not sure tho

23 minutes ago, Robert Stewart said:

@Saint Rubenio

If you're mainly interested in seeing where Matthis does Stuff ™️ in my playthrough, I created three highlights that would probably be useful to you. (1, 2, 3)

Y E S

Matthis the dragonslayer. I approve. Also, Matthis out there saving a hero almost on his level: Tomas, he of the funny hairdo. It's less funny in this game, unfortunately.

(Also can I just say I love how goofy the dismounted cavalier animations are? I dunno, the way they hug their swords while they run is funny to me)

Edited by Saint Rubenio

1 minute ago, WraithReborn said:

Armagon stated that we reach a S-Support rank earlier today Shrimp-kun…so what the hell does that mean for us?

Armagon is wrong tho, i think we both agree on that.

Not to mention i can't replace your gf

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

You don’t have to crash my hopes and dreams in such a cruel manner!

*Wraith runs out the door sobbing with tears freely following down his face*

Hahahahahaha

Okay, completely random, but this is what the Good Wiki has to say about Tomas.

"Tomas is a very impressive unit, not because of his usefulness, but because of the fact that he joins fairly late into the game he smoehow comes with a worse bow rank and worse bases than Jeorge who joined far earlier."

It looks like something I would write lol. And the typo just adds to the magic.

24 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

> First birthday spent with family in more than a decade

> One of the most negative ones...

oh well...

Ouch... Hang in there, man.

12 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Unrelated but I just realized Richard looks a bit like one of the main characters of Code Lyoko and now I cannot unsee it.

That Rean in the center right? Why's he even in that position? Do I even dare to ask...?

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Armagon is wrong tho, i think we both agree on that.

Hello, I am here to say that I agree. Armagon is always wrong.

...Maybe I should've asked for some context before I stated that Armagon is wrong, but... Armagon is almost always wrong, so I think it's a pretty safe bet still.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ouch... Hang in there, man

o7

thx thx

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That Rean in the center right?

No lmao

that's Gilbert, the joke character of the series

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...Maybe I should've asked for some context before I stated that Armagon is wrong, but... Armagon is almost always wrong, so I think it's a pretty safe bet still.

Armagon said Wraith and me reached S-support

No lmao

that's Gilbert, the joke character of the series

Ahhhhh.

So he's like, bad, but good bad.

Like Garon.

Armagon said Wraith and me reached S-support

You played catch with Wraith?

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hahahahahaha

Okay, completely random, but this is what the Good Wiki has to say about Tomas.

"Tomas is a very impressive unit, not because of his usefulness, but because of the fact that he joins fairly late into the game he smoehow comes with a worse bow rank and worse bases than Jeorge who joined far earlier."

It looks like something I would write lol. And the typo just adds to the magic.

Doesn't he join like 3 chapters earlier in FE1/11? That's not that much earlier.

And in FE3 he joins only 1 chapter after Jeorge.

2 minutes ago, Robert Stewart said:

Doesn't he join like 3 chapters earlier in FE1/11? That's not that much earlier.

And in FE3 he joins only 1 chapter after Jeorge.

They're talking about his New Mystery self there. Tomas arrives in Sheema's map, in a house near Marth's starting location, and he has worse stats than Jeorge who joined way back in map 8. It's fucking hilarious, I love him. Though to his credit, he is... ever so slightly better than Sheema. If only because he's there the entire map, and the map is full of fliers, so he can shoot a couple of things with his silver bow. It's more than a lot of latejoiners in New Mystery can claim.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

They're talking about his New Mystery self there. Tomas arrives in Sheema's map, in a house near Marth's starting location, and he has worse stats than Jeorge who joined way back in map 8. It's fucking hilarious, I love him. Though to his credit, he is... ever so slightly better than Sheema. If only because he's there the entire map, and the map is full of fliers, so he can shoot a couple of things with his silver bow. It's more than a lot of latejoiners in New Mystery can claim.

New Mystery is non-canon, so I didn't consider it.

😛