• Replies 176.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

My greed forced me to reset. Thankfully, for a change I had an actual plan, so the next attempt went just as well and I was able to get back to where I was easily enough. Not only that, now I know exactly what steps I should take to truly secure the area.

...By that, I mean Neimi will bumrush the enemy and be perfectly fine because I just noticed she's the tankiest person on Eirika's team right now. Yeah. I have no idea when or how it happened, but the crybaby outtanks the likes of Innes, Kyle and Forde. And... actually, yeah, them. Ephraim took all the tanks.

Well, actually, I think I know when or how it happened. Sniper promotion in this hack is completely busted, that's how. As it should be, snipers have no EP, but... holy shit, it hadn't dawned on me just how absurd Neimi has become. Girl is a lovecraftian terror in the eyes of the enemies.

So yeah, tl;dr: Neimi good, route fusion hack good.

1 minute ago, Shrimp γ said:

So half the thread?

Not exactly a pariah xD

Okay, maybe that's true, but c'mon, lemme have my pity party here.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Oh God, it's 12C outside...

Pretty low for your area, I'm assuming?

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Pretty low for your area, I'm assuming?

I live in a desert, so... not actually. It's all about extreme temperatures.

---

Looking the video... I've seen people comment the OG battleship has the Grungust palette. I can see it. And others theorizing the battleship could transform, ala Macross. Man, that would be so cool! Also I like that the battleships is effectively an upgradeable "base". Outside the standard stat upgrade, other stuff to upgrade that will grant bonuses in other stuff. That's cool.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Fascinating to think that Darth Jar Jar would have made sense. Imagine if Lucas had followed through.

17 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:
Spvdnd9q o

I shit you not, Neimi killed half the map with her ballista. Colm support + the sniper crit bonus gave her a whopping 54% crit, which she used to nuke every single promoted enemy before they could hurt my units.

And now... Meh. Think I might wait for Pablo. With this area under control, the enemy will have a hard time aganist us.

EDIT: It was a mistake to wait for Pablo.

See, Neimi Good! Innes wouldn't have gotten you that much crit.

(What did Pablo do, give you austerity?)

And that's that. I always love when a map forces me to design an actual plan and it all works out. I got everything, a speedwing from a mage, a blue gem from a priest that I desperately need, the body ring from one of Pablo's pegasi, and I even killed both bosses. Pablo (who has a battle convo with Binks, by the way, it's great) got one-shot by Neimi's ballista, and then Aias took a rapier to the face.

4l2ep2nh o

Yeah, I'd say for once, I've earned it, haha. That was a great map. Could've ended it in turn 5, of course, but still. I like it. Tight, challenging and fun.

I'll point out that, in a rare instance of the hack actually lowering the difficulty, Pablo had a droppable physic to heal his troops with instead of his usual purge tome. Much appreciated! The hacker even modified his dialogue slightly to reflect this fact. Gotta say, for such a relatively unambitious hack (as in, it doesn't implement a billion custom animations, portraits, songs, or the skill system like every other hack), it has a certain attention to detail that I really dig.

11 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Fascinating to think that Darth Jar Jar would have made sense. Imagine if Lucas had followed through.

It sounds like a dumb theory, but when you check out the evidence, it's quite obvious that they absolutely had planned that... But then Star Wars fans were Star Wars fans and Lucas was forced to change course to avoid getting lynched. Too bad. I'm fond of Dooku, but Darth Jar Jar would've been a far better character than Random Christopher Lee.

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

See, Neimi Good! Innes wouldn't have gotten you that much crit.

Oh, Neimi is great in this hack. You should see her growths. And my Neimi isn't even that good, she got a little strength screwed! Probably the best surprise in this hack. Alongside Forde. Forde has gone from shitty cavalier to best cavalier. Though that's mostly because Franz got royally screwed by his 50% growths. Man has gained like 3 points of speed, it's heartbreaking.

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

(What did Pablo do, give you austerity?)

Actually, I didn't get to see Pablo. The cavalier reinforcements from behind overwhelmed me. This time, I sent Neimi to handle them. That's... all it took, actually.

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

But then Star Wars fans were Star Wars fans and Lucas was forced to change course to avoid getting lynched. Too bad.

Tbf, Jar Jar IS an obnoxious character

Blue Reflection Ray is the best anime series I've ever watched in my life.
It's an emotional roller coaster from beginning to end, and while it didn't quite manage to make me cry like the game did, it still made me feel various strong emotions, and I really wanted everything to go well for everyone involved.
Really the only negative thing about it is that two characters are introduced during the second half that really did not need to be there, and the way their part in the story was handled could have been better. But otherwise, I have literally zero complaints.

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

It's an emotional roller coaster from beginning to end, and while it didn't quite manage to make me cry like the game did, it still made me feel various strong emotions, and I really wanted everything to go well for everyone involved.
Really the only negative thing about it is that two characters are introduced during the second half that really did not need to be there, and the way their part in the story was handled could have been better. But otherwise, I have literally zero complaints.

Wow... The way you sell that, I can really believe it!

13 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

If I still had a soul it sounds like something that would interest a younger me. Instead I’ll leverage one of the better fantasy books I’ve read as a recommendation for everyone as well as you Draggy:

23 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Looking the video... I've seen people comment the OG battleship has the Grungust palette. I can see it. And others theorizing the battleship could transform, ala Macross. Man, that would be so cool! Also I like that the battleships is effectively an upgradeable "base". Outside the standard stat upgrade, other stuff to upgrade that will grant bonuses in other stuff. That's cool.

I haven't paid that much attention to 30 and wasn't aware of this. Freshly revealed I take it then? It sounds strange to me that an OG battleship outside of OG would exist outside of W. (And I gleaned from comments that Hagane & Hiryu are knockoffs (or "tributes in honor of" to put a positive spin on it) of Yamato and Nadesico.)

That said, Grungust does have Gust Wing and Gust Lander forms. Transformation into/out of this "Dreisstrager" would be feasible. You're right on the colors, though as a slight artistic critique, I think they could used a little more gold-yellow. Also, throwing "Cutting Edge" into the ship's title? Hellooooo battleship-sized Calamity Sword!

I've been pondering why we've gotten a new Huckebein, but no new Grungust to pair with it. If the Dreisstrager really is a "Gust Sailor" disguise, then I ponder if the transformation into mech form will be the typical mid-lategame powerup. And, if there might be some sort of "Gustbein" combination planned. -Except, given the sheer difference in size between a 19.8m Huckebein and a much larger battleship... it might be hard for the Huckebein not to get lost in the fused design. Perhaps a combination attack then? Or are these speculative Grungust Dreisstrager and known Huckebein XXX going to receive wholly separate upgrades? That, and we already have a Huckebein acting like it's a Super, it's called the Boxer.

23 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I haven't paid that much attention to 30 and wasn't aware of this. Freshly revealed I take it then? It sounds strange to me that an OG battleship outside of OG would exist outside of W. (And I gleaned from comments that Hagane & Hiryu are knockoffs (or "tributes in honor of" to put a positive spin on it) of Yamato and Nadesico.)

That said, Grungust does have Gust Wing and Gust Lander forms. Transformation into/out of this "Dreisstrager" would be feasible. You're right on the colors, though as a slight artistic critique, I think they could used a little more gold-yellow. Also, throwing "Cutting Edge" into the ship's title? Hellooooo battleship-sized Calamity Sword!

I've been pondering why we've gotten a new Huckebein, but no new Grungust to pair with it. If the Dreisstrager really is a "Gust Sailor" disguise, then I ponder if the transformation into mech form will be the typical mid-lategame powerup. And, if there might be some sort of "Gustbein" combination planned. -Except, given the sheer difference in size between a 19.8m Huckebein and a much larger battleship... it might be hard for the Huckebein not to get lost in the fused design. Perhaps a combination attack then? Or are these speculative Grungust Dreisstrager and known Huckebein XXX going to receive wholly separate upgrades? That, and we already have a Huckebein acting like it's a Super, it's called the Boxer.

No, we've known about the battleship since quite a while. Including the crew. Got revealed in a Famitus article last month I believe. Yeah, I can see it with the Hiryu. Lefina is totally a Yurika reference, haha. With Sean as Prospector. On that subject, I've seen people comment how the Dreisstrager and its crew is also both a Nadesico and Hiryu reference. Mitsuba, Reynold, and Liane could likely be compared with Lefina, Sean, and Eun. Not too out there, since 30 is a milestone celebration. Hence likely why they decided to make another OG battleship for a mainline SRW game. Also, the story has Mitsuba and co. take control of the ship after the actual leadership crew got killed (as they're only fresh out of the military academy apparently), which also gives original Gundam vibes. Specially in the Space route as it includes a colony being attacked.

It might likely only have the humanoid version, like Macross or Valcazard. As it is, this is still only conjecture. But well, we might see once the game is out. Or before.

Yeah, people have come to think that since it's odd that only the Huckebein is getting something out of the 30th anniversary, then note the battleship has the Grungust palette and apparently was designed by the same person who designed the Macross, which was quite well known for being a transforming battleship (read it in the Steam discussion threads, though I don't think it was sourced, so don't quote me on that, heh). And Valcazard did set predecent. 30 is bringing back lots of stuff from previous games in the series, so it could be. Well, that's how Valcazard also worked, no? Huge battleship with "regular" sized mecha. So if they do it... well, again, there's precedent. Though yeah, we could instead get just regular mid-season upgrades for both of them on their own.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

17 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, that's how Valcazard also worked, no? Huge battleship with "regular" sized mecha. So if they do it... well, again, there's precedent.

Looking the sizes, it's 32.8m tall for the Valhawk, which merges into the 185.5m long Valstork, forming a 85.8m tall Valguard. And then merges again with a 35.4m tall Arm Arcus (although it reads kinda like this gets used as a weapon by Valzacard and not truly merged? Why does Aria become a subpilot of Valzacard instead of staying a separate unit like the R-Gun then?), and a 170m long Arm Stora battleship to form the 212.7m tall Valzacard. So it's actually four units in one. 

Maybe therefore, despite the Huckebein XXX being over 10 meters shorter, I shouldn't be concerned about it getting visually lost in a mess of machinery. Since at least it's only two units. That, and does one really need to be able to identify the components in a big beautiful steely chimera?

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Without the Dark, there can be no Light,
We have purpose
Without the Lie, there can be no Truth,
We have purpose
Without the War, there can be no Victory,
We have purpose
Without the Death, there can be no sacrifice,
We have purpose
Without the Hope there can be no Future,
We have purpose
Without the Loyalty there can be no one chapter,
We have purpose
Without the Emperor, there is nothing,...
And we would have no purpose

Screenshot_20211013-135014.png

Me looking at IntSys' faithful-to-a-fault FE remakes (Shadow Dragon especially)

perhaps_i_treated_you_too_harshly.jpg

How do you regress this bad? They can't even pull the faithful card because ORAS had permanent TMs.

Game Freak's been replaced by lizardmen, I swear to God. Never have I seen a Nintendo-associated studio fall this badly.

At least it says you will be able to get more than one of each now (for those that were unique to find), so it's not a full loss. So depending on how and how many more you can get, it won't be a full disaster.

That said, it does look like they tried for a middle ground between permanent TM's and single-use once-per-playthrough TM's with... mixed results...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

You covered over there's autosave and always on Exp Share. Well that's the little balance it had thrown. At least they kept permanent box access from Sw/Sh, but wew.

Not being able to turn off exp share is actually bad for those trying to keep EVs in mind, despite them giving ways of controlling it if you have to get a rare item to reset EVs (either grinding out berries to drop one by 10 each time or it turns out DLC only option to reset the lot as of Gen 8.......) that kinda undermines the point and at this stage I'm making myself peeved.

35 minutes ago, Armagon said:

How do you regress this bad? They can't even pull the faithful card because ORAS had permanent TMs.

As far as non-competitive goes, that function does make Ether useless lmao

Pokemon is running out of PP for Thunderbolt ---> uses TM to replace Thunderbolt ----> uses Thunderbolt TM to refill PP = profit! Xd

Edited by lightcosmo

13 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

As far as non-competitive goes, that function does make Ether useless lmao

Pokemon is running out of PP for Thunderbolt ---> uses TM to replace Thunderbolt ----> uses Thunderbolt TM to refill PP = profit! Xd

It's not like they made those easily purchasable to begin with, making them pretty rare without Pickup to begin with and from that I was going with a hoard tendency in the worst way (I lost my Togetic and Typlosion against Lance in a nuzlocke because of this. Never let it be said I can't be a moron). Making them more easily available and actually giving more reason to use them should have been the way to go imo.

(And in most situations those TMs you'd go out of your way to use wouldn't be available for most of the game to begin with. That being said, there's arguably an easy way to solve that problem: just keep the current PP the same after use. Why that's never been suggested is anyone's guess)

Edited by Dayni

52 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Me looking at IntSys' faithful-to-a-fault FE remakes (Shadow Dragon especially)

Fumino Furuhashi We Never Learn GIF - Fumino Furuhashi We Never Learn Happy  - Discover & Share GIFs

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Wait, the Fade is a tedious part too?

………

It's the only part that's universally agreed to be bad. Good thing you can skip it!

1 minute ago, Ghost_06_ said:

It's the only part that's universally agreed to be bad. Good thing you can skip it!

I really have to question the wisdom of pestering people you want to like the game into making this their first impression of the game past the tutorial areas.

I know, I know, the pros pick Wynne up first, but a newbie would enjoy Redcliffe more, I'd say. I had just barely begun to get the hang of combat when the Fade happened and I was confused all over again. I managed because I was enjoying it, but I can see how it's going to finish killing the game for Sooks.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I really have to question the wisdom of pestering people you want to like the game into making this their first impression of the game past the tutorial areas.

I know, I know, the pros pick Wynne up first, but a newbie would enjoy Redcliffe more, I'd say. I had just barely begun to get the hang of combat when the Fade happened and I was confused all over again. I managed because I was enjoying it, but I can see how it's going to finish killing the game for Sooks.

Because getting the mages on your side will let you save both Connor and Isolde, and everybody will be happy. Sooks said he wanted the best ending, and that's it.