Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

FDcdh6IXsAILsnW.png?width=504&height=432

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Subverting expectations on quests like this can certainly be a thing every now and then.

It can but i don't think there's any subversion to be had here. One of the game's themes is the gap in social classes and it is not at all subtle about it. Not that i mean that in a bad way, i'm not sure you can be subtle in a theme about social classes.

6 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

And with Cipher having ended, even more so. But who knows, perhaps we might see the others in some future game.

They really made a Cipher OC for Fodland just to not put her in Three Houses.

• Replies 176.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 hour ago, Benice said:

I agree.

lol I just realized we reacted in exactly the same way to Shrimpy's twist-induced existential crisis. Hah!

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

But Alm’s team is a Forsyth to be reckoned with!

Forsyth is certainly epic, and hey, I never said Alm's team is not cool. It's just... Look, I love Forsyth, he's green and funny and all, but Valbar is a special kind. He's a knight in the route where half the maps are deserts and swamps. Helps that I love his design, his voice actor and his character. He may lack a beard, but he's got a robust chin game to compensate. Not quite Bors level, but up there. Leon's got good taste, is what I'm saying. Incidentally, Leon's awesome too. Killer design and hilarious unit performance.

1 hour ago, Shrimp γ said:

It's why harem Mechanics in rpgs piss me off so much. In RPGs it's just ''Choose your Waifubando'' while in VNs choices lead to completely different stories

Hey did you know the two routes in Omori are vastly different from each other? It's a fun fact I'm tossing at ya.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Still sad that they did this Cipher thing one time when they could've very easily done it again. Especially since there's more than just the four in SoV.

Anna as the shittiest unit in 3H coming right after these four was honestly kind of insulting. Randal is a force of nature! What happened there, IntSys? How do you go from doing good to doing bad in so short a time?

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

And with Cipher having ended, even more so. But who knows, perhaps we might see the others in some future game.

I want Valjean in a proper FE game, just so that when I recruit him, I get to scream "AND I'M JAVERT! DO NOT FORGET MY NAME! DO NOT FORGET ME!" off the top of my lungs.

...Plus, he's kind of a Derrick. That's always cool.

Just now, Armagon said:

They really made a Cipher OC for Fodland just to not put her in Three Houses.

They really needed to have Shitty Anna instead.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Anna as the shittiest unit in 3H coming right after these four was honestly kind of insulting.

They kinda made up for it with the Wolves but even those four didn't hit as hard as the Cipher units imo.

I still cannot fathom 3H Anna, how do you make a unit with zero supports and sell it? At least make her an avatarsexual, that would've been the bare minimum.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...Plus, he's kind of a Derrick. That's always cool.

He's Derrick if he was a butler.

They took based and made it based 2.

You know, I still get a laugh of the direction VII went after the game.

"Okay, we won't use up the planet's life energy as fuel... but then what do we use instead?"

"Hey, look, oil! That's our solution!"

"Surely this won't backfire either!"

Eeyup.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

So, even though Costeau is not the main character’s real name, I unlocked a thought called Detective Costeau that I can internalize… should I? But should I?

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hey did you know the two routes in Omori are vastly different from each other? It's a fun fact I'm tossing at ya.

But one of those routes doesn’t give you the kino plot!

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

lol I just realized we reacted in exactly the same way to Shrimpy's twist-induced existential crisis. Hah!

Same brain cell.

Playing Disco now. Imagine my fright when I was tasked with breaking the worst possible news to a woman and discovered I had to pass a check for it.

Thankfully, I have high empathy, so it was 97. Still, the idea of that 3% spooked the shit out of me.

...Man, that was an incredibly sad scene. And once again, this started with one of those completely random, hilariously dumb moments that this game is so fond of.

They were right, this game is incredible.

12 minutes ago, Armagon said:

They kinda made up for it with the Wolves but even those four didn't hit as hard as the Cipher units imo.

Oh yeah, the wolves. Leon 2 3, Dumbass Character Concept, Vampire Girl and Male Fanservice.

...Okay, to be fair, I'm not too familiar with them, so I don't want to seriously criticize them. But... no, c'mon, what kind of fucked up, idiotic concept is "girl that summons monsters when she sighs"?

I still cannot fathom 3H Anna, how do you make a unit with zero supports and sell it? At least make her an avatarsexual, that would've been the bare minimum.

They somehow did her worse than Fates. And Fates isn't exactly stellar when it comes to supports lol.

He's Derrick if he was a butler.

They took based and made it based 2.

It would be impossible to do a baseder Derrick. But I will acknowledge Valjean's basedness still. He's one of the great ones.

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

So, even though Costeau is not the main character’s real name, I unlocked a thought called Detective Costeau that I can internalize… should I? But should I?

I haven't even heard of this Costeau. You must've picked wildly different choices... Then again, the concept of choice in this game is so vague that that's an easy thing to do.

But one of those routes doesn’t give you the kino plot!

Hush, he doesn't need to know that.

5 minutes ago, Benice said:

Same brain cell.

Hahahahahah... I prefer "great minds think alike", personally.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

But... no, c'mon, what kind of fucked up, idiotic concept is "girl that summons monsters when she sighs"?

That Reason magic got seriously mislabeled?

I don't know. It's perfect for "victim of mad scientist/wizard" shenanigans. That's how Dark Magic has been treated since Awakening, after all. Where curses/hexes/cantrips can do just about anything.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

19 minutes ago, Armagon said:

FDbLScEX0AMe6Ob?format=png&name=small

And now, this has become a criticism of Square Enix.

Yep.

Beautiful edit. I like it when people make these things and you wouldn't realize without thinking it through that the text is fake.

36 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Anyways, what's going on?

Within the next two or three days I could finally begin running PS2 games. The new gaming machine has finished the initial startup process and should soon finishing charging if it hasn't already. I've got a spare PS3 Dualshock, so that ought to work perfectly as its controller. All I need is a case to put it in.

Although, I wasn't expecting to get the new laptop so soon. And my erratic gaming behaviors mean NEO TWEWY I'm nowhere near done with yet, and I don't want to leave it hanging at any point. And I still feel guilty about CrossCode, I'm sorry it's been months since I left it unfinished. Combat brutality aside, I was enjoying it, and the puzzles were appreciably cerebral, but a combination of depression, my finicky play habits, and the need to be of a sharp and alert mind for those puzzles have caused it to fall unfairly by the wayside. And once it fell, it became difficult to return to it, as easy as that would be to do. I swear I will at some point.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

13 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

That Reason magic got seriously mislabeled?

Pfft.

13 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I don't know. It's perfect for "victim of mad scientist/wizard" shenanigans. That's how Dark Magic has been treated since Awakening, after all. Where curses/hexes/cantrips can do just about anything.

I suppose I see your point, but... I dunno, "moody teenage girl would love to sigh but she can't because otherwise she summons bad guys" sounds like a bad joke of a character concept, not what you'd find in the game praised as having some of the best, deepest characters in the series. But, eh, what do I know, honestly. I enjoy dumber concepts than that.

I so apparently having high empathy was a good idea. First I punched one of the druggie kids Ruben was talking about, but that actually earned his respect because of course it did. Then I had to go against a legendary empathy check to understand him, which I had 58% against. So I failed but loaded a save (deal with it) and then succeeded, and now he tasked me with busting his heavily-implied-to-be abusive dad and grabbing his drugs that he gives the kid. I can also buy pants from him, due to the respect, which give not-insignificant stat boosts. I’m guessing those are going to help with said dad, so that’s next on the agenda. After I find out where I’m going to get 12 bucks from.

Pfft.

I suppose I see your point, but... I dunno, "moody teenage girl would love to sigh but she can't because otherwise she summons bad guys" sounds like a bad joke of a character concept, not what you'd find in the game praised as having some of the best, deepest characters in the series. But, eh, what do I know, honestly. I enjoy dumber concepts than that.

It still has potential. As in, exactly, the whole thing is so silly... but imagine what she might feel, unable to do something so mundane without serious consequences, depriving her or something everyone else can take for granted. Talk about frustrating, and then she can't express that annoyance with the appropriate reaction because it is the very thing that is causing that frustration. All because someone decided to use her as a guinea pig, or just for the amusement of it to see her struggle with something so simple-sounding but far-reaching.

Of course, as a gimmick it can be badly used... but that doesn't mean the opposite can't happen instead. But then, FE does tend to go the tropey route.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I suppose I see your point, but... I dunno, "moody teenage girl would love to sigh but she can't because otherwise she summons bad guys" sounds like a bad joke of a character concept,

*Flashback to memories I don't have of Sonic '06, where a girl if she should ever cry unleashes the Great Evil. And she is into bestiality.*

Oh, you piece of shit! I already paid the 20 bucks for the hostel room, and now I found a different place to stay for cheaper! Fucking fuck fuck, give me back my money, Garte!

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

I so apparently having high empathy was a good idea. First I punched one of the druggie kids Ruben was talking about, but that actually earned his respect because of course it did.

Fuck, I couldn't do that... Guess that's your first win.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

So I failed but loaded a save (deal with it) and then succeeded

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It still has potential. As in, exactly, the whole thing is so silly... but imagine what she might feel, unable to do something so mundane without serious consequences, depriving her or something everyone else can take for granted. Talk about frustrating, and then she can't express that annoyance with the appropriate reaction because it is the very thing that is causing that frustration. All because someone decided to use her as a guinea pig, or just for the amusement of it to see her struggle with something so simple-sounding but far-reaching.

Hey. You make a fair point! I can't vouch for Hapi's execution, as I know nothing about her beyond the concept. So let's say they did it right.

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

*Flashback to memories I don't have of Sonic '06, where a girl if she should ever cry unleashes the Great Evil. And she is into bestiality.*

Oooookay that's... certainly different.

Hey. You make a fair point! I can't vouch for Hapi's execution, as I know nothing about her beyond the concept. So let's say they did it right.

Well, don't know much myself either, but I do know she was at Abyss precisely because her curse made her a danger to be around with, the Church of Seiros basically planned to keep her isolated in a cell at the Monastery or so, but she managed to flee into the Abyss instead.

Oh, of course. I've been failing checks all game long, but when I have to pass a 42% check for shaving, that's when the game lets it happen. Hardy har har, very funny, game.

6 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, don't know much myself either, but I do know she was at Abyss precisely because her curse made her a danger to be around with, the Church of Seiros basically planned to keep her isolated in a cell at the Monastery or so, but she managed to flee into the Abyss instead.

I see.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

OH LOL AHAHAHAHAHAHA

Cue Wraith's mind blowing up in 3... 2...

R'lyeh Weird indeed.

Hey I've seen a playthrough of that one. It's hilarious.

38 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hahahahahah... I prefer "great minds think alike", personally.

Great at reducing the size of armies, at least

19 minutes ago, Sooks said:

First I punched one of the druggie kids Ruben was talking about, but that actually earned his respect because of course it did

Kiryu moment.

17 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Hold on a second, if the girl is into sonic because he's the protagonist, does that make sonic a self-insert character?

26 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It was 58 and a legendary! A legendary!

Completely unrelated but I need your guidance Ruben, how do I get monies?

4 minutes ago, Benice said:

Hold on a second, if the girl is into sonic because he's the protagonist, does that make sonic a self-insert character?

Maybe? Having a self-insert would be the least of Sonic 06's problems. And the fact remains you're talking about a cartoonish anthropomorphic hedgehog being kissed by a very realistic looking human princess. Whose love is at the center of the entire story.:

11ce9bc6-89f8-4264-a8c8-5b238aa5c229

-Although having not played '06 myself, I can't fairly say if the story and gameplay issues the critics make of the game are really all that bad. Or if it's overblown to some degree. 

My mangled brain helpfully let me know that there is a boxer called Contact Mike. When I asked if there were any news on my wife's or my mother's name, it said "nope. You're welcome."

Some real thrillin' conversations I'm having with my mangled brain.

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

It was 58 and a legendary! A legendary!

Shameless, Sooks, shameless. I haven't reset a single time, not even when I failed that 91. I'm still after that sandwich because I keep failing the check. But do I relinquish my honor? Nay! I soldier on with pride!

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Completely unrelated but I need your guidance Ruben, how do I get monies?

You improvise. You're not getting a paycheck, that's for sure. Don't hesitate to do away with your dignity, either. Dignity won't pay the rent.