Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

ORvWEgc.jpg

Die, BIATCH!

7 years ago i beat you on Normal with Yunica, a few years later on hard with the other characters, and now, finally, i defeat you on Nightmare

MUHAHAHAHA

You Shrimp is a real gamer after all

Now, time for the most kick ass desert music in the history of desert music

The arrange is amazing, as well

Also, i just noticed that back then when i did Toal mode, i did it in like 2 days

SiTIz4j.png

The Final boss took me an extra day yes

Edited by Shrimperor

• Replies 177.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

7 hours ago, Julian Teehee said:

I'm 31 now and I still am behaving like a little child who starts to cry if I'm feeling mistreated even if it's not even the case.

Same as what others have said, we all have faults and issues we're not proud of. You shouldn't beat yourself up for simply being human. And again, like others have said, if you need to talk, I'd be glad to anytime.

2 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

8Is7dR5.png

IgMeDm4.png

6HTE4bB.png

okgYAxL.png

Y2dP9ll.png

myp7YNy.png

sLNUevw.png

5PWH487.png

shBUb85.png

That many achievements for "measuring" different characters and sleeping in women's beds. Oooookay.

Edited by twilitfalchion

8Is7dR5.png

6HTE4bB.png

okgYAxL.png

shBUb85.png

lmao

myp7YNy.png

"No, I refuse to draw this"...
Oh boy. XD

---

In Rune Factory 4, I still can't get the hang of fishing (the aiming isn't the issue, actually catching the fish is, because I can't get the timing of the button press right, and at one point, I got spooked by the sound of a door opening and I pressed the button, thus lost out on the fish I was going to catch).
Also, Forte asked me to get a specific fish... and I'm catching everything BUT that one fish she wants.

Also, also, there was a task that asked me to bring a certain item... when I had already sold off that item, because I ran out of money to buy seeds (again), which brought the panic that I should keep everything in my storage just in case someone wants it right back.

But to be perfectly honest, I think I just need to be more patient...

Edited by DragonFlames

5 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Have fun!
I love the Xillia games! If you like Xillia, definitely get Xillia 2, as well!

Thank you!

Am I weird that I didn't really enjoy Symphonia that much? If not for Lloyd being a great MC, the game would have been sunk to me.

8 hours ago, Julian Teehee said:

I have thought past night considering to get professional help to fix my irritability. I'm getting angry, even mad, if things don't turn out how they should. It hurts me A LOT! Like in work if I have to give other people a task and they don't do it (in time), the shit will be left on my altough have done everything I had to do. The irony is that same goes for videogames. If I think I have done standing in my power, I get angry if something goes wrong like getting stuck in a dungeon or against a boss. I already mentioned my reasons in this regard. Well, I always have been an egoistic and impatient brat since my birth who can't accept defeat or justified complaints. I try to hide my emotions, but I simply can't. That's why I always have been anxious towards other (foreign) people and I still am. I don't want to excuse it by having no siblings and all the shitty things which have happened to my family in the past few years. I'm 31 now and I still am behaving like a little child who starts to cry if I'm feeling mistreated even if it's not even the case. I simply can't hide my anger and emotions. I need this to get fixed but it's something I can't be done without professional help...

That's what friends are for, to deal with these things together with you. People here care about you, so don't feel like your ever alone!

Just now, lightcosmo said:

Am I weird that I didn't really enjoy Symphonia that much? If not for Lloyd being a great MC, the game would have been sunk to me.

No, you're not weird. I'm the same way.
The original Symphonia and Graces f were the two Tales games I didn't really like as much as the other ones.
Lloyd was a good MC though, I can agree with that.

But I really like Symphonia: Dawn of the New World. That game is lots of fun. Though it was the game that got me into Tales, so... I'm not exactly unbiased on that front. XD

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

No, you're not weird. I'm the same way.
The original Symphonia and Graces f were the two Tales games I didn't really like as much as the other ones.
Lloyd was a good MC though, I can agree with that.

But I really like Symphonia: Dawn of the New World. That game is lots of fun. Though it was the game that got me into Tales, so... I'm not exactly unbiased on that front. XD

Okay that's a relief then. I just know that Symphonia is a very popular tales game, if not simply for the Fighting of the Spirit theme lol.

Yes, Lloyd was very humerous and felt pretty human, which I liked about him.

What is that game about? Is it's combat similar to all other tales games as well?

Just now, lightcosmo said:

Yes, Lloyd was very humerous and felt pretty human, which I liked about him.

Definitely!
My main problem with Symphonia was that the gameplay felt slow and tedious. I was actually fine with most of the characters.

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

What is that game about? Is it's combat similar to all other tales games as well?

Yep! Very much so!
Though you have only two human characters (aside from the occasional guest character). The rest of your team will consist of monsters you can recruit.
Also, the main character focuses a lot on aerial combat.

As for what it's about, it plays two years after the events of the first game and after the two worlds merged into one. It depicts the journey of the two main characters Emil and Marta to reawaken the spirit Ratatosk, who can save the world from the chaotic state it is in after the merge.

15 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Definitely!
My main problem with Symphonia was that the gameplay felt slow and tedious. I was actually fine with most of the characters.

Yep! Very much so!
Though you have only two human characters (aside from the occasional guest character). The rest of your team will consist of monsters you can recruit.

As for what it's about, it plays two years after the events of the first game and after the two worlds merged into one. It depicts the journey of the two main characters Emil and Marta to reawaken the spirit Ratatosk, who can save the world from the chaotic state it is in after the merge.

Gameplay need a quickjump option. XD

Oh alrighty then that neat.

Aerial combat... dun dun duuuuunnnnn! Seriously, aerial combat in Tales of Vesperia is shit, hopefully it's different there?

19 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

By the "occasional guest", you mean "usually at least one or two of the first ToS crew" will be around. Although back in the day, people complained one freakin' megaton about how the returning characters couldn't equip stuff nor level up. Not that their whine was entirely unreasonable, for if you played the first and liked it, why wouldn't you want the oldies to be as good as the new duo?

This said, I did use the old ToS cast almost exclusively on my first run besides the new two and I largely ignored the monsters. That led me to drop the first playthrough entirely nearing the very, very end. Why? That one boss battle that strips you of you non-monster allies.

So @lightcosmo do yourself a favor, and train up at least two good monsters. You can teach everything Heal IIRC, and if you can live you can win, so what the monsters are doesn't matter too much. My memory fails me on what I used, but I know one of them was something that wound up as grim reaper.

28 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

It was the first game to go 3D in the franchise, transitional issues aren't unsurprising. But it has resulted in ToS aging poorly, all the ports it's gotten should've at least upped its combat to ToAb quality, but they haven't.

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

So @lightcosmo do yourself a favor, and train up at least two good monsters. You can teach everything Heal IIRC, and if you can live you can win, so what the monsters are doesn't matter too much. My memory fails me on what I used, but I know one of them was something that wound up as grim reaper.

It was the first game to go 3D in the franchise, transitional issues aren't unsurprising. But it has resulted in ToS aging poorly, all the ports it's gotten should've at least upped its combat to ToAb quality, but they haven't.

Thank you, when I get the game, I will do just that (at least, try to)!  Any other tips that might ease some pain later on?

I wouldn't call myself a tales of series master, but we'll see how it goes.

"If you can live you can win." Why does it feel like that can apply to all Tales games?

Tales of Symphonia has interesting dungeons, IMO but the combat is clunky.

8 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Tales of Symphonia has interesting dungeons, IMO but the combat is clunky.

It is the best in this regard, every game since gradually chipped away at the puzzles, although some of ToS's I can see getting on people's nerves. Unfortunately, I consider DotNW to be part of that decline.

9 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Thank you, when I get the game, I will do just that (at least, try to)!  Any other tips that might ease some pain later on?

No, there is nothing that comes to mind. I don't think enemy Mystic Artes can kill you in this game, they leave you at 1 HP, so thats nice, and that makes Marta's Mystic Arte, which heals everyone, a perfect counter.

21 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

"If you can live you can win." Why does it feel like that can apply to all Tales games?

Maybe because the games never force you to master the action? Stringing together lengthy combos and free-running/blocking every enemy attack are ultimately not mandatory.

With the 15-per-item limit though, some boss battles have still made survival challenging. Because resurrection spells are slow and waste time you could spend on other spells, once you run out of Life Bottles, you're clinging by a thread in Tales. I've usually never run out, but I have had games where I depleted enough that I run back to restock after every boss battle.

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

Aerial combat... dun dun duuuuunnnnn! Seriously, aerial combat in Tales of Vesperia is shit, hopefully it's different there?

It is, no worries!

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Seconding this. Training up monsters is really good!
Though from my experience, it doesn't matter much which ones you use. Just having some strong ones to back you up is good.

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

I wouldn't call myself a tales of series master, but we'll see how it goes.

For the record, I would hardly call myself this, either. I'm not THAT great at the games. XD

37 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Maybe because the games never force you to master the action? Stringing together lengthy combos and free-running/blocking every enemy attack are ultimately not mandatory.

True, true.
But it's super satisfying when you do.

38 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

No, there is nothing that comes to mind. I don't think enemy Mystic Artes can kill you in this game, they leave you at 1 HP, so thats nice, and that makes Marta's Mystic Arte, which heals everyone, a perfect counter.

Marta in general is really strong.
And yes, enemy Mystic Artes leave you at 1HP.

12 hours ago, Caster said:

Speaking of drinks, though. I don't drink soda anymore, just carbonated water, still tastes nice and has the same kick as I like from soda, and is significantly healthier, however, within this one brand, at least around here they keep fucking up the strawberry lemonade drink.
It looks like it's missing like... both of the strawberry and lemonade part.
But no one in the house drinks this carbonated water except me, so I have to get rid of it.
It tastes... horrendous, I don't even know how to describe the taste... it just tastes... bitter. Like the embodiment of bitter and sadness. That's what this botched strawberry lemonade water tastes like.

I don't even drink carbonated water, to be honest.
Carbonated anything upsets my stomach, so I stopped doing so a few years ago.

7 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

I know! But the thing is, usually, you have to do specific things within the main game itself to unlock a True/Golden/Best Ending.
In Nights of Azure, on the other hand, beating the final boss gets you one of four endings depending on a hidden relationship stat (to get the "best" one out of these four, this stat must not be maxed out, in a fun twist), then the postgame unlocks, and you will get the Golden Ending guaranteed if you re-fight the final boss after completing the two postgame scenarios.
I honestly don't know many games that do this.
Not that I don't believe these don't exist, of course.

Like I said, it's not that uncommon.

Dragon Quest does it.

Games like IV or VIII do that. You beat the final boss, unlocks a bonus dungeon or two, you do them, then you go finish the game again and you get a better ending.

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

Like I said, it's not that uncommon.

Dragon Quest does it.

Games like IV or VIII do that. You beat the final boss, unlocks a bonus dungeon or two, you do them, then you go finish the game again and you get a better ending.

Oh, now I get it! I genuinely thought you were just referring to the "postgame takes place in a weird timespace before the final boss fight" thing many (and I do mean many) JRPGs do, so... sorry for misunderstanding!

I know! But the thing is, usually, you have to do specific things within the main game itself to unlock a True/Golden/Best Ending.
In Nights of Azure, on the other hand, beating the final boss gets you one of four endings depending on a hidden relationship stat (to get the "best" one out of these four, this stat must not be maxed out, in a fun twist), then the postgame unlocks, and you will get the Golden Ending guaranteed if you re-fight the final boss after completing the two postgame scenarios.
I honestly don't know many games that do this.
Not that I don't believe these don't exist, of course.

The Azure Striker Gunvolt games do this as well:

• In the first game, you need to collect the seven jewels that, upon doing so, will be crafted into a neckalace by the game's deutoragonist, Joule. The neckalace itself provides no benefit other than to access the true end (and you have to play through the final level using that neckalce or else the true end won't trigger). Problem is, due to story reasons, it is impossible to have that neckalace crafted during the first run, even if you get all seven jewels. You are required to get the normal ending in order to then access the true ending.
  • In the second game, you have to beat both Gunvolt and Copen's campaigns in order to access the true end.
  • Luminous Avenger iX only has one ending, so that's an execption.

On the other hand, I haven't maxed out Arnice's level yet, and due to Arnice's max level being 11 (10 initially; 11 unlocks once you beat Ludegert the first time),

....Wait. How does EXP work in this game? Cause 11 seems very small to be a max level.

5 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

myp7YNy.png

sLNUevw.png

I have several questions.

Just now, DragonFlames said:

Oh, now I get it! I genuinely thought you were just referring to the "postgame takes place in a weird timespace before the final boss fight" thing many (and I do mean many) JRPGs do, so... sorry for misunderstanding!

Well, that's how it usually goes.

From what you describe, it seems to be no different in Nights of Azure.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

he Azure Striker Gunvolt games do this as well:

• In the first game, you need to collect the seven jewels that, upon doing so, will be crafted into a neckalace by the game's deutoragonist, Joule. The neckalace itself provides no benefit other than to access the true end (and you have to play through the final level using that neckalce or else the true end won't trigger). Problem is, due to story reasons, it is impossible to have that neckalace crafted during the first run, even if you get all seven jewels. You are required to get the normal ending in order to then access the true ending.
  • In the second game, you have to beat both Gunvolt and Copen's campaigns in order to access the true end.
  • Luminous Avenger iX only has one ending, so that's an execption.

Huh. That's interesting!

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

....Wait. How does EXP work in this game? Cause 11 seems very small to be a max level.

Only your Servans get EXP in the traditional way. Arnice herself needs to use blue blood to level up at the Altar of Jorth, like so.FxtdY3H.jpg
500 doesn't seem like a lot to go from level 1 to level 2, but that amount increases rather quickly.
Side note: Spirit, Finesse, Stamina, and Charm are different categories of skill points you have to spend to learn new Skills.

Blood is also used for getting new Servans, and for buying items from merchants other than the one in the hotel.
In exchange, you can earn it as quest rewards, as well.

11 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

From what you describe, it seems to be no different in Nights of Azure.

It isn't, that's true!
It's just the first game where I encountered that specific way of doing this. I never tried to claim it was the only one.

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

It isn't, that's true!
It's just the first game where I encountered that specific way of doing this. I never tried to claim it was the only one.

Then how is it different, then?

"Beat final boss, get ending, stuff got unlocked, do unlocked stuff, beat final boss again, get new ending" is pretty much what you described. Which is what "many (and I do mean many) JRPGs do", as you stated.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

Then how is it different, then?

"Beat final boss, get ending, reload game, stuff got unlocked, do unlocked stuff, beat final boss again, get new ending" is pretty much what you described. Which is what "many (and I do mean many) JRPGs do", as you stated.

The difference is the "get new ending" part.
Nights of Azure is the first game I played where if you refight the final boss after new postgame content was unlocked (if that possibility even exists) you get a different/new/true/whatever ending. In the games I played that had postgames, you either couldn't refight the final boss at all, or you got the same ending as before.

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

The difference is the "get new ending" part.
Nights of Azure is the first game I played where if you refight the final boss after new postgame content was unlocked (if that possibility even exists) you get a different/new/true/whatever ending. In the games I played that had postgames, you either couldn't refight the final boss at all, or you got the same ending as before.

Ah, okay, that part.

11 hours ago, Caster said:

I'll always be here to support you, if you need it Jules, feel free to talk to me, I am no professional, but you know I have known you for many, many years, we have both gone through good and hard times together, but you are my long-time friend, so feel free to talk about it, whenever, if you want to vent or need help, I promise I will always listen.

I know I can be rude or inept, but I really do care, and I apologize for the times I've been shitty.

11 hours ago, Benice said:

Hey, no need to get so down on yourself! We all have our issues and flaws-if I listed mine, I'd be here for weeks. If you feel the need to talk to me, I'm happy to help!

8 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

It's alright! We all have our quirks and things we're not proud of. No need to get so down on yourself.
If you ever want somebody to talk to, I'll be here to listen.

4 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

Same as what others have said, we all have faults and issues we're not proud of. You shouldn't beat yourself up for simply being human. And again, like others have said, if you need to talk, I'd be glad to anytime.

3 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

That's what friends are for, to deal with these things together with you. People here care about you, so don't feel like your ever alone!

I appreciate your kind words and your support offer, thank you very much! I promise to work on myself being less egoistic and choleric and instead showing more understanding towards others. I want to stop cursing and be more positive. It will be hard, but I will give my best!

At least at work I felt somewhat balanced which is good, I guess.

Just now, Julian Teehee said:

I appreciate your kind words and your support offer, thank you very much! I promise to work on myself being less egoistic and choleric and instead showing more understanding towards others. I want to stop cursing and be more positive. It will be hard, but I will give my best!

At least at work I felt somewhat balanced which is good, I guess.

That's the spirit! We're all here for you if you need us!

44 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I have several questions.

In Ys1/2/3 You have escort missions. In these missions you can go with your escort to a narrow hallways and 'measure' them...

In Ys 2 you can sleep in girls beds, easy as that

xD