Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

By that logic, then FE is an VN. Save those with traversable world map or home base perhaps.

Cutscene, cutscene, cutscene, gameplay, cutscene, cutscene, cutscene, gameplay, cutscene, etc.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

• Replies 176.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

18 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

I'll take what i can get XD

The prologue was excellent. Zero complaints there. It had everything, legitimately funny moments, interesting set ups, frenetic action, twisty teists, a rollercoaster of good confusion, posed many questions and answered absolutely nothing, leaving me intrigued and curious for the future. Top notch.

Chapter 1 has been comparatively weaker. The alpacaman thing was fantastic, and the magical microwave reeks of "we're setting this up as a joke but it will be vital much later on." It is truly unfortunate that they felt the need to fall back on the lowest form of writing immediately after all that, not just once but twice.

Still, I'm not about to quit over something like this. I just want you to know, faces were palmed.

15 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

We need more bearded fellas in our anime styled media.

I've been saying this forever. I treasure what few beards FE gives me.

...Berwick Saga's deuteragonist has a beard. Just one of the many reasons it is the best game.

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

What’s the bad joke? I don’t remember that early into the game.

Okarin tried to look under Kurisu's skirt after bumping into her after stepping out of the elevator.

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Hey Ruben, you know which sci-fi VN that has kino plot doesn't have a gross fat otaku?

Hey Ruben, you know which sci-fi VN that has kino plot doesn't have anime pervy jokes?

You're kidding. THAT is what you were refusing to tell me under the pretense that revealing anything about the game would utterly ruin it?

Is there such a thing as "recommendation suicide"? If not, allow me to coin the term right here and now. Exhibit one: you.

3 minutes ago, twilit of Christmas Past said:

the banana joke, I assume

No, that was earlier. There's two shitty anime gags in quick succession. For some fucking reason.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

1 minute ago, Father Shrimpas said:

...Kurisu doesn't wear a skirt

Sorry, I misspoke. Blouse. I meant to say blouse. He was trying to lift up her blouse while the game did an ultra zoom in on her breasts.

Does that make such a difference?

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I've been saying this forever. I treasure what few beards FE gives me.

...Berwick Saga's deuteragonist has a beard. Just one of the many reasons it is the best game.

I should cosplay as Validar, because I refuse to shave my beard for any other character.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Sorry, I misspoke. Blouse. I meant to say blouse. He was trying to lift up her blouse while the game did an ultra zoom in on her breasts.

Odd.

I don't remember any moment like that in the anime.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The sheer psychic damage i'm receiving from finding out Steins;Gate is referencing Chris-chan.

I mean, i hope it's not that Chris-chan and this is just an unfortunate coincidence.

What Chris-Chan are you talking about? Chris-chan here isn’t a reference, that’s what he calls her (well he calls her Christina most of the time!.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Chapter 1 has been comparatively weaker. The alpacaman thing was fantastic, and the magical microwave reeks of "we're setting this up as a joke but it will be vital much later on." It is truly unfortunate that they felt the need to fall back on the lowest form of writing immediately after all that, not just once but twice.

What’s alpacaman?

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh, yeah, that. I had the same reaction as you, I really didn’t like that.

But I pushed on, and I’m glad I did.

1 minute ago, twilit of Christmas Past said:

Odd.

That definitely happens in the VN.

Spoiler

After he finds her alive, having seen her stabbed to death a couple hours earlier, he freaks out and tries to see if there are any stab wounds, thus leading to an anime funny moment.

Just now, Father Shrimpas said:

not a blouse, either

Literally the game's wording this time, as God is my witness. Are you really gonna make me go on youtube and find a playthrough to prove I'm not just making shit up? Is that really what you want? Make me expose myself to spoilers like that?

1 minute ago, twilit of Christmas Past said:

Odd.

Maybe they didn't include it.

Good call.

2 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

I should cosplay as Validar, because I refuse to shave my beard for any other character.

Bwahahhahahhahhaha

Validar it is, then. For any more material, you'll have to play older FEs. Beards are more common there.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

you really gonna make me go on youtube and find a playthrough to prove I'm not just making shit up? Is that really what you want? Make me expose myself to spoilers like that?

nah it's ok. I know Sci;Adv can be on the pervy side sometimes (especially the Chaos games wew boy) but aside from Daru banana jokes i don't remember much from the S;Gs honestly.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Good call

It is seen the peak of VN-anime adaptation for a reason. Every VN wishes it had an anime like S;G

Edited by Father Shrimpas

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You're kidding. THAT is what you were refusing to tell me under the pretense that revealing anything about the game would utterly ruin it?

I mean i'm pretty sure i've openly stated that the game doesn't have that sort of thing before.

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Is there such a thing as "recommendation suicide"? If not, allow me to coin the term right here and now. Exhibit one: you.

You do realize it was strikethrough'd, right?

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

What Chris-Chan are you talking about? 

Oh you sweet summer child.

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Oh, yeah, that. I had the same reaction as you, I really didn’t like that.

THANK you.

But I pushed on, and I’m glad I did.

I'm definitely not going to quit for that, but... After seeing this, I think I'm going to stop overthinking Mayuri. Maybe I was giving the game a wee bit too much credit there, thinking she was anything but a trope.

4 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

nah it's ok. I know Sci;Adv can be on the pervy side sometimes (especially the Chaos games wew boy) but aside from Daru banana jokes i don't remember much from the S;Gs honestly.

Well, the Daru thing was definitely more dumb.

The problem is that this other anime moment happened in the middle of what should've been a serious scene, in my humble opinion.

Spoiler

I mean, c'mon, I know it was obvious that Kurisu wouldn't just stay dead, but to waste the moment of her return on a pervy gag... Sheesh.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

In term of perviness so far in the semicolon series the Chaos games are the most pervy by faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar, and R;N is honestly the least pervy one (although i hear R;N's sequel with Daru as MC is super pervy. Kinda dissapointed if that turns out to be true because Daru was great in S;G0)

Edited by Father Shrimpas

13 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

How full are we talking?

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

What Chris-Chan are you talking about? Chris-chan here isn’t a reference, that’s what he calls her (well he calls her Christina most of the time!.

The second from top comment also references them

Perfect.

Off topic, it's nice I can just let the comments blur as a person uninterested in S:G.