Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

@Armagon

You were wondering what I thought of the Wave Element in Xcode. I haven't gotten it yet, but for the element's dungeon's puzzles, the teleporting stuff is good, I like it.

The charged wind ball stuff though... Maybe if I stopped and took meticulous notes on how the large wind spheres interact with various angles of impact I could figure out how to readily get them to go where they're needed. Except that isn't me. I've so far been been 100% trial & error until I stumble on the right answer with solving the large wind ball stuff, and now I've reached a room with like 9 adjustable glass triangle blocks and two lighting generator switches it looks like I need to hit in very short succession. The sheer number of possible arrangements of the triangle angles is so numerous that I think trial & error as a method to success has been effectively killed.

• Replies 176.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Okay, Point Lookout, the fourth DLC. As its name states, it takes place at Point Lookout State Park, Maryland, at the mouth of the Potomac right at Chesapeake Bay. Spared from direct nuclear devastation in the Great War, but definitely hit by the resulting fallout. It's also the home of these handsome fellas:

Fallout: New Vegas Point Lookout Fallout 4 The Pitt Fallout: Brotherhood Of  Steel, PNG, 1146x792px, Fallout

The local tribal swampfolk. Crazy, deformed, oftentimes engaging in incest, and some are cannibals to boot.

Good to see the rednecks are still virtually unchanged 200 years later since the war.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

@Armagon

You were wondering what I thought of the Wave Element in Xcode. I haven't gotten it yet, but for the element's dungeon's puzzles, the teleporting stuff is good, I like it.

The charged wind ball stuff though... Maybe if I stopped and took meticulous notes on how the large wind spheres interact with various angles of impact I could figure out how to readily get them to go where they're needed. Except that isn't me. I've so far been been 100% trial & error until I stumble on the right answer with solving the large wind ball stuff, and now I've reached a room with like 9 adjustable glass triangle blocks and two lighting generator switches it looks like I need to hit in very short succession. The sheer number of possible arrangements of the triangle angles is so numerous that I think trial & error as a method to success has been effectively killed.

Tbh, this should've been one of the first puzzles because those glass triangles actually have markings that tell you the direction the Wave Balls will be going when they hit. You can use that to learn how they work.

Jokes aside, these guys are infamous for being just way too absurdly hard to beat, all things considered. Specially when their weapons are coded to deal DR-ignorable extra damage to the player... and only the player. So basically hillbillies in overalls and double-barreled shotguns are mightier foes than full Power Armor clad soldiers with their laser and plasma weapons.

OKAY

Kick ass! The twins have been squashed! And with that, the mechanical bosses have all gone down. Not sure what to do from here. Plantera, maybe is the next step? I don't really remember. Well, first things first, I should figure out what to do with the hallowed bars and the souls I've obtained from the bosses.

5 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

yeah but no need to make em even more op

True. We'll have to see how this particular project handles the issue.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

XO416B_1.png?width=576&height=432

Feeling confrontational, are we? I'll have you know, Berwick Saga only has two women who get captured!

...Honestly though, jokes aside, I've always appreciated the fact that Paramythis is portrayed as one of the biggest badasses around and there's zero strings attached. She just kicks ass and that's it, you don't need to rescue her from anything. Same goes for Alvina and Sylvis. It's neat, just another of the ways in which Berwick is Kaga's best game.

The Fates hit rate system is starting to confuse me. I swear the enemy has hit me more times at 50% then I have hit them at 80.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Reminds me of Civ in a way.

21 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

It should only be kino from here on Ü

Ngl, the premise of this chapter seems a little dull since

Spoiler

I have no real reason to care about Luka, so 4 days of Okabe “dating” her seems pretty uninteresting.

Oh hey, I can grab chlorophyte with my new drill. Way cool.

13 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

And then there's Simpette.

I still believe my theory that Kaga's company went on strike and he was forced to cut a deal with them holds water. How else do you explain the fact that female characters are treated with respect, just with such a glaring exception?

13 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Reminds me of Civ in a way.

Ah yeah, Civ. Hahah, sorry, my mind jumps to Berwick Saga any time I see hexagons.

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

still believe my theory that Kaga's company went on strike and he was forced to cut a deal with them holds water. How else do you explain the fact that female characters are treated with respect, just with such a glaring exception?

...did you forget the girl that was caught in a nest?

That was also ridiculous

Edited by Father Shrimpas

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh hey, I can grab chlorophyte with my new drill. Way cool.

Oh! You defeated the Twins?

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ah yeah, Civ. Hahah, sorry, my mind jumps to Berwick Saga any time I see hexagons.

Hexagons are a magical sight.

7 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Oh! You defeated the Twins?

Sure did!

6 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

...did you forget the girl that was caught in a nest?

That was also ridiculous

I've always been indecisive about that one. Minas's treatment is iffy, but on the other hand, the one guy makes for a good villain, I enjoy Reese's reaction to his blunder and the conclusion to the arc is just plain awesome. Simpette is just dumb, but this is a weird thing surrounded by good things.

That, and... I'll admit, I always enjoyed watching Minas sass her captor. It may have been a man that beat him up, but she was the one who left him burned for life. Multiple times, at that. It's not quite as awful like Simpette, is what I'd like to believe.

1 minute ago, GuardianSing said:

I was going to say that actually.

They are a truly fascinating shape.

Hide contents

Giant's Causeway and Causeway Coast UNESCO World Heritage Site

Best game uses hexagons, because best game has best taste in shapes.

50 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Tbh, this should've been one of the first puzzles because those glass triangles actually have markings that tell you the direction the Wave Balls will be going when they hit. You can use that to learn how they work.

Ohhhhhh. Thank you for pointing that out, I must've been took inattentive to think the pink spots they were more than decoration.😆

Still some trial & error, but I'm through the first of the two those puzzles in its respective room. The stumbling block now is that I'm not sure how to proceed in the dungeon, nothing seems reachable. There is a key in the room "Moving Transmit" I think I'm supposed to get, but I can't figure out how to reach it.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

I got living fire blocks. With them, I have upgraded the tax collector's castle.

Sa6bicv8 o

It is now an even more evil castle.

15 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Still, getting caught in a net was a wtf moment

Yeeeaaah I will give you that. That was dumb.