• Replies 176.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

I could actually go for some shrimp fried rice.

Anywayyy, Cold Steel actually has a decent length final dungeon? It’s longer than usual without taking 3 years! 1 hour and 40 minutes-ish of play time, that would be a third of the rest of the Trails final dungeons. And the music is so good, and it looks so cool, what a nice aesthetic (this is probably influenced a lot by this being the first fully 3D Trails game)… you know what? Cold Steel final dungeon best final dungeon (so far). There, I said it.

Now on to the final boss.

If only the final dungeon wasn't for a fucking festival

and it's my least fav., but opinions

Fav. Trails final dungeons for me are easily Sky3rd's and Zero's

Edited by Shrimpresident

Well that was… underwhelming. Even the final boss couldn’t fix how absolutely stupid busted delay is in this game, why didn’t they just make it completely immune to delay like the mysterious commander C whose identity definitely isn’t super obvious?

19 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

If only the final dungeon wasn't for a fucking festival

TRUE, that part was so dumb. Technically just the characters’ motivations during this section and not the dungeon itself, so I can shamelessly call it my favorite, but that part was pretty lackluster.

Sky3rd's

Such a close second but the fact that you have to grind everyone up for it gives this game’s the edge.

Zero's

Way, way, waaaayyy too long.

26 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I could actually go for some shrimp fried rice.

Anywayyy, Cold Steel actually has a decent length final dungeon? It’s longer than usual without taking 3 years! 1 hour and 40 minutes-ish of play time, that would be a third of the rest of the Trails final dungeons. And the music is so good, and it looks so cool, what a nice aesthetic (this is probably influenced a lot by this being the first fully 3D Trails game)… you know what? Cold Steel final dungeon best final dungeon (so far). There, I said it.

Now on to the final boss.

Imma be honest, the only time i felt a Trails final dungeon was too long was Sky SC.

And Cold Steel 2's epilouge dungeon.

28 minutes ago, Sooks said:

And the music is so good

Wait until CS3 for the best one.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Way, way, waaaayyy too long

But the music bangs.

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Way, way, waaaayyy too long.

It's a final dungeon, I want it to be long

a short final dungeon is a dissapointment

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

And Cold Steel 2's epilouge dungeon

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Why did they add that shit when the final dungeon was so Kino. Ending it on a good Note would've made me forgive them quite a bit for that shitty game lol. 

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

But the music bangs.

Facts

9 minutes ago, Sooks said:

ou have to grind everyone up for it gives this game’s the edge

ermmm

you don't have to thx to Trails exp system, and there're quartz shops inside the final dungeon for quartz

11 minutes ago, Dayni said:

But are you not the emp-president of shrimp? Would you not want them untouched by human mouths?

I want humanity to know the pleasure of Shrimps

10 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Even the final boss couldn’t fix how absolutely stupid busted delay is in this game

One of my first posts on this very serenes forum was posting this pic

20170826010941_1.jpg

36 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Something funny about all four CS games, you never wanna fight any enemies throughout the whole thing, its uneccesary and isnt even worth it at all. So while the display might be nice, they are all boring af.

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Imma be honest, the only time i felt a Trails final dungeon was too long was Sky SC.

But SC’s was one of the shorter ones (still not short but).

Although part of it is how long they feel, Zero’s felt the longest because it was straight dungeoning for 5 hours. Azure’s took me an entire day but it at least had the decency to sprinkle some story in there, so it didn’t feel that bad.

epilouge dungeon

Haha… what?

But the music bangs.

You and I are destined to never agree on Crossbell music, so I’m gonna let you guess what I would say to this.

2 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

It's a final dungeon, I want it to be long

a short final dungeon is a dissapointment

There’s long and then there’s 8+ hours long. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to think they could be toned down a bit.

Why did they add that shit when the final dungeon was so Kino

You calling part of CS2… kino? Interesting.

ermmm

you don't have to thx to Trails exp system

The exp system only makes the process faster, it doesn’t completely remove the need for grinding.

and there're quartz shops inside the final dungeon for quartz

The problem isn’t a lack of quartz shops, it’s that there’s no way the player has enough sepith lying around for 12 characters not on their main team so guess what time it is.

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Something funny about all four CS games, you never wanna fight any enemies throughout the whole thing, its uneccesary and isnt even worth it at all. So while the display might be nice, they are all boring af.

But you need to fight enemies for EXP.

But SC’s was one of the shorter ones (still not short but).

If we're talking the tower itself then yeah it's pretty short.

But i consider that whole chapter to be the final dungeon. Much like how i can consider the World Tree in Xenoblade 2 to be the final dungeon, even if it's technically not the last area you visit.

World Tree is way more kino tho.

You and I are destined to never agree on Crossbell music, so I’m gonna let you guess what I would say to this.

Edited by Armagon

YEJEjHv.jpg
Right after the last fight in the game, really? I guess it’s not NG+, but carrying over that stuff will remove all the challenge, I’m guessing.

DqjUVl6.jpg

Crow seriously references The Wizard of Oz if you take him to the final boss, seconds before the climactic battle occurs. Maybe he really is the best character in this game.

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

See: Tales of Arise's final dungeon.

oh fuck that one.

It was not only long, but lacked heals, healing points, and the battles were not fun. Everything wrong in a dungeon they did.

11 minutes ago, Sooks said:

there’s 8+ hours lon

exactly how i love them

The exp system only makes the process faster, it doesn’t completely remove the need for grinding

it kinda does, actually.

I remember raising someone form lvl 40 to 70 in 30 minutes while dungeon'ing normally in SC. No extra grinding

You calling part of CS2… kino? Interesting

My thoughts on CS2 tl;dr

Act 1 - One of the strongest beginning Acts of Trails, ever. Gameplay still shit

Act 2 - Complete and utter Shit. 0/10 would be too good for it. It's that bad. Also makes up like 60% of the game.

Final Dungeon - Almost kino, but shit difficulty and ''HOLDING BACK'' bring it down. Still, if it ended there, i would've forgiven the shitty Act 2.

Divertissement - 10/10. Especially that boss fight made me take out my frustration on a certain shitty character. Nice difficulty, too.

Epilogue - That alone made fucking hate Trails and want to stop playing Trails for ever. It's the first time i went ''No more Trails'' In fact, you can blame the start of my Trails negativity on it and it's fucking 16 floor dungeon and shitty quests... Ok, 1 quest was cool, but why does so much exist after the fucking final dungeon? Does the word final not mean final anymore?

Also the faults become more apparent if you have played Ao, as CS2 is basically Ao Epilogue but bloated to hell and back

Edited by Shrimpresident

I remember raising someone form lvl 40 to 70 in 30 minutes while dungeon'ing normally in SC. No extra grinding

The problem is that Sky 3rd makes you form entire parties out of the characters you haven’t used in a bit, meaning they can’t just be carried through the dungeon by stronger ones.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

The problem is that Sky 3rd makes you form entire parties out of the characters you haven’t used in a bit, meaning they can’t just be carried through the dungeon by stronger ones.

You can unless you make one team of completely useless characters. 

12 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

It was not only long, but lacked heals, healing points, and the battles were not fun. Everything wrong in a dungeon they did.

Don't forget the fucking gauntlet you have to do if you wanna unlock the fast travel point at the end of it.

8 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

You can unless you make one team of completely useless characters. 

You won’t really have a choice since your main team will only have four characters and you get to make four parties, so unless those four characters are unkillable gods compared to the enemies (they aren’t)… I mean you can sort of manage two parties where the weaker ones are carried, I guess, but that still leaves eight characters.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

You won’t really have a choice since your main team will only have four characters and you get to make four parties, so unless those four characters are unkillable gods compared to the enemies (they aren’t)… I mean you can sort of manage two parties where the weaker ones are carried, I guess, but that still leaves eight characters.

Only a problem if you haven't been rotating, really

1 minute ago, Shrimpresident said:

Only a problem if you haven't been rotating, really

Yeah, but the game shouldn’t be punishing you for giving you options and then not using them in a specific way.