Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Yeah, but the game shouldn’t be punishing you for giving you options and then not using them in a specific way.

I mean, is it really punishing when the game gives you the chance to speedily train up? And when shown multipe times before you should use everyone?

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Don't forget the fucking gauntlet you have to do if you wanna unlock the fast travel point at the end of it.

that was the fucking worssssssssssssst

• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Wow, the definitely not obvious twist villain has mysteriously disappeared during the festival after the final boss. This isn’t suspicious at all.

4 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

I mean, is it really punishing when the game gives you the chance to speedily train up?

I mean yeah, 30 minutes per group is speedy in comparison to other games but… still too long, I really don’t like grinding. I’d rather have 0 minutes.

4 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

And when shown multipe times before you should use everyone?

? When did they do this?

53 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Well that was… underwhelming. Even the final boss couldn’t fix how absolutely stupid busted delay is in this game, why didn’t they just make it completely immune to delay like the mysterious commander C whose identity definitely isn’t super obvious?

How quickly the five hours you spent on one boss earlier on are forgotten.

11 minutes ago, Sooks said:

30 minutes per group is speedy in comparison to other games but… still too long, I really don’t like grinding.

same but after 3 games i forgave them lol

That and i absolutely adore Sky3rd gameplay

11 minutes ago, Sooks said:

? When did they do this?

By making you split your party earlier in the game, and making some bosses require some characters

Edited by Shrimpresident

11 minutes ago, Benice said:

How quickly the five hours you spent on one boss earlier on are forgotten.

The game gets SIGNIFICANTLY easier as you get more powerful stuff, because while the envies get more powerful to, what you are given is so broken that it doesn’t really make a difference. Like delay, makes it so that the enemy literally never gets a turn, so the enemy’s offense hardly matters at all.

But you don’t start the game off with anything super overpowered.

7 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

By making you split your party earlier in the game

Back then there was barely any level discrepancy, if any.

and making some bosses require some characters

But those characters can be carried by the rest of your characters. That’s not the same as having to use literally everyone.

Edited by Sooks

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Back then there was barely any level discrepancy, if any.

Yeah but it was a sign that the game does pull stuff like this

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

But those characters can be carried by the rest of your characters. That’s not the same as having to use literally everyone.

Eh, against some of the bosses i really needed all 4 to be up to par

6 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

Eh, against some of the bosses i really needed all 4 to be up to par

Unless I’m forgetting a part of the game, usually the game makes you take the forced character through the entire dungeon leading up to the boss, which is when they would catch up.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Unless I’m forgetting a part of the game, usually the game makes you take the forced character through the entire dungeon leading up to the boss, which is when they would catch up.

Yeah

which is another way of the game making you use characters you might have otherwise not used.

That and the doors.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

The game gets SIGNIFICANTLY easier as you get more powerful stuff, because while the envies get more powerful to, what you are given is so broken that it doesn’t really make a difference. Like delay, makes it so that the enemy literally never gets a turn, so the enemy’s offense hardly matters at all.

But you don’t start the game off with anything super overpowered.

I would lose anyways.

Then again, if that's my metric for games, everything'd be really hard even if it's easy like CS is.

Finished Hades yesterday. 40 attempts to get through 10 times, with my top run being Aspect of Achilles spear with 8 heat, done in 18 minutes with the five minutes per level and faster enemies restrictions. It was a pretty fun game, and one I could recommend easily to absolutely anyone at all. It's very fun, it's challenging but not impossible, it controls well, I liked the art-style (though it took a while to grow on me), and the music was pretty good. I liked all the characters too, and the story was enjoyable.

Though I'm not quite sure why it became as popular and beloved as it did-It's good, don't get me wrong, but it's not that good. I'm not an expert in Roguelikes, but it seemed a lot like any other Roguelike I could imagine, if not controlling better since the rest I've played are mobile games.

8GHJClL.png

Doc Noi to the rescue!

MdNOU23.png

oh my

Thanks Steam version i wasn't in the mood for that now lol 

If i had the H version i would've had to skip through while listening to the moans kek

7g75Xmc.png

Edited by Shrimpresident

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=false

Mist demon? I had no idea Zabuza was in this game.

Even the game itself acknowledges Kloe's greatness.

...Wait, isn't Colonel Richard's first name also Alan? It seems he sometimes goes undercover to check out girls.

4 hours ago, Dayni said:

It's only one more than Pyra/Mythra /s

Most of their move animations are identical but most of their non-attack animations are different, so if anything Pyra and Mythra are a character and a half.

Well, that was a very weird way for them to bring back I Swear. That just feels like such an out of the blue song choice. It’s still a good song but… why?

Wait, I completely forgot about this plot point.

Spoiler

Am I supposed to know that one of the Aions destroyed Garrelia Fortress at the end of Azure, or did it just mysteriously happen with no explanation? I genuinely can’t remember.

AH… how am I supposed to decide whether to go with Alisa’s or Crow’s bonding event on my save file?? This is another one of the problems with this mechanic, Rean can only develop a romance or another… important relationship, we’ll call it, not both. But I would really like both game.

IMG_20220116_214452.jpg?width=768&height

IMG_20220116_214455.jpg?width=768&height

Mythra best girl.

Yeah i know i've been rather slow on my current replay of Xenoblade 2 because of work and other games. But i'm still going and this scene is still one of my favorites.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

At this point this place will require the Unlimited Bonks Works...

Me stopping the Unlimited Bonks Works

xdqg5Vj.gif

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Though I'm not quite sure why it became as popular and beloved as it did-It's good, don't get me wrong, but it's not that good.

My guess is because the fundamentals of rougelikes is directly tied to the game's story and themes.

It's a good game but it's one i definitely bought because of hype and i did not feel the same way as everyone else. Especially cause i burned out. My review.

1 hour ago, Shrimpresident said:

7g75Xmc.png

Interesting games you play.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Well, that was a very weird way for them to bring back I Swear. That just feels like such an out of the blue song choice. It’s still a good song but… why?

I forgot I Swear was the ending theme for Sky SC so when i heard it in Cold Steel, i thought they just made it up.

Also yeah, i agree with that. Whereabouts of Light would've made way more sense given one of the first things Trails establishes is that song is very well known in the Empire.

31 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Wait, I completely forgot about this plot point.

Hide contents

Am I supposed to know that one of the Aions destroyed Garrelia Fortress at the end of Azure, or did it just mysteriously happen with no explanation? I genuinely can’t remember.

Spoiler

You are supposed to know that yes.

Though with Crossbell not getting localized at the time, Western players likely did not know what the fuck happened.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

AH… how am I supposed to decide whether to go with Alisa’s or Crow’s bonding event on my save file?? This is another one of the problems with this mechanic, Rean can only develop a romance or another… important relationship, we’ll call it, not both. But I would really like both game.

Savescum to see all endings, then go with the one you like the most

Crow's final bonding will referenced in CS2 anyway

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

Horny and Proud, I see.

Well i am playing Endless Frontier Exceed haha.

....Although i do wonder, i'm guessing the EF duology is an exception and not the rule. As in, SRW isn't usually that horny.