• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

41 minutes ago, Awakened_06_ said:

Goodbye Chat Tobias Gregson GIF - Goodbye Chat Tobias Gregson Dgs GIFs

EF1 before Exceed is the only truly necessary connection. The rest is me being informative, and intentionally overwhelming🤪.

-Course, I forgot the obscure Japan-only Super Famicom RPG Gaia Saver is also slightly relevant to Exceed. B/c for some unexplained reason, Banpresto felt like throwing Mark Hunter with a remix of his game's main theme in there.

14 minutes ago, Armagon said:

20220117_210011.jpg

That's a rather unfortunate title.

No more than the term "Summa Cum Laude". And I don't giggle at that, since I left undergrad with highest honors and have been sitting on my degree doing absolutely nothing with it since.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

B/c for some unexplained reason, Banpresto felt like throwing Mark Hunter with a remix of his game's main theme in there.

Oh i just thought he was an OC.

@Lorneus In Wildermyth, after I scout a new area that’s occupied by the gorgons, I have the option to attack the town/settlement there, represented by a red banner, or attack some gorgons on the field, represented by a little token with a picture of the gorgons. Doing both has the same result in that, after the battle, I have to claim/protect/whatever it’s called the town/settlement to stop gorgons from coming back, so what’s the difference between these two options? Is there any?

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Oh i just thought he was an OC.

Same here. Gaia Saver is super obscure, and not yet translated.

It doesn't necessarily have to be Mark Hunter's Gaia Saver self either. It's possible, I don't remember if the text gives any indication, but it's entirely feasible it's a separate OGverse Mark Hunter native to the Endless Frontier.

This said, listen to the very first one minute of this:

and this:

Took some time to realize it was the same track.

30 minutes ago, Sooks said:

@Lorneus In Wildermyth, after I scout a new area that’s occupied by the gorgons, I have the option to attack the town/settlement there, represented by a red banner, or attack some gorgons on the field, represented by a little token with a picture of the gorgons. Doing both has the same result in that, after the battle, I have to claim/protect/whatever it’s called the town/settlement to stop gorgons from coming back, so what’s the difference between these two options? Is there any?

I think the banner just showcases the action and you can do the action on the field directly if you prefer. I don't think there's any difference between the two. Attacking the region attacks the enemies present on that region, so it really seems just like a UI tool more than anything.

Goddamnit, Youtube. They took down the channel that uploaded the extended soundtrack of Vandal Hearts 2.

11 hours ago, Dayni said:

I had it saved.

Figures.

10 hours ago, Awakened_06_ said:

How fast can I beat this?

https://preview.redd.it/6set74t3e6961.png?width=642&format=png&auto=webp&s=c2b0fc005247ad72a38c1597efe9dde312064fe4

20 hours is the average playtime, as Sooks already told you.

Glad to see someone else picking this up, by the way. Excellent game, right there.

10 hours ago, Awakened_06_ said:

Loli Surprise Loli Attack GIF - Loli Surprise Loli Attack Anime GIFs

How dare you do this. This is terrible, 06. Utterly deplorable. There is no scenario in which this isn't the height of evil and depravity. Apologize now, you mean poopyhead.

10 hours ago, Armagon said:

For the record, all of these games i mentioned have KOS-MOS boob cannon.

So why did people ever think Armagon isn't horny, when this is literally every single one of the games he likes?

7 hours ago, Sooks said:

I actually got a good ending! I didn’t get the best ending (probably), but I saved the world. So yeah, I am good.

Dang it Congratulations! Now go and play the game I told you to play.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Dang it Congratulations! Now go and play the game I told you to play.

But Ruben, that was just the short tutorial story. I still have four more campaigns to play through.

9 hours ago, Sooks said:

I actually got a good ending! I didn’t get the best ending (probably), but I saved the world. So yeah, I am good.

I think that campaign has only one ending safe from game over. Some others have certain choices to get different endings, but let's say they're rather obvious generally.

11 minutes ago, Sooks said:

But Ruben, that was just the short tutorial story. I still have four more campaigns to play through.

I'd say the Morthagi has the worst narrative and hardest combat, the one with the best narrative is the Drauven and the combat is kinda middling, The Thrixl one has both rather difficult combat (especially because of numbers) and an intriguing narrative and the deepists have the easiest combat with a good enough narrative. So for experience curve, I'd recommend Deepist > Drauven > Thrixl > Morthagi and for entertainment I'd recommend Drauven > Thrixl > Deepist > Morthagi. Either way, I'd always recommend Morthagi last. I did that as my first campaign (I started the gorgon with my brother and tried out other scenarios while we weren't playing together) and it wasn't the most fun experience.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh.

Well, have fun, then.

Why, thank you.

1 hour ago, Lorneus said:

I think that campaign has only one ending safe from game over. Some others have certain choices to get different endings, but let's say they're rather obvious generally.

I mean, the world was brought to the brink of destruction presumably because I failed the time limit in chapter 2. But maybe that always happens, idk.

I'd say the Morthagi has the worst narrative and hardest combat, the one with the best narrative is the Drauven and the combat is kinda middling, The Thrixl one has both rather difficult combat (especially because of numbers) and an intriguing narrative and the deepists have the easiest combat with a good enough narrative. So for experience curve, I'd recommend Deepist > Drauven > Thrixl > Morthagi and for entertainment I'd recommend Drauven > Thrixl > Deepist > Morthagi. Either way, I'd always recommend Morthagi last. I did that as my first campaign (I started the gorgon with my brother and tried out other scenarios while we weren't playing together) and it wasn't the most fun experience.

I was just going to hop into Morthagi because it’s the first one on the list.

Looks like I should go with Deepist then.

Edited by Sooks

Good morning!

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Glad to see someone else picking this up, by the way. Excellent game, right there.

It's for me to recommend a game later 😈

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

How dare you do this. This is terrible, 06. Utterly deplorable. There is no scenario in which this isn't the height of evil and depravity. Apologize now, you mean poopyhead.

Ex7GtqZ.png

A faint coating of snow and some flurries, an unexpected de-light this morning!☃️❄️

And then as soon as the sun came out, much of it in a blink of an eye melted away. Nature's state of flux is wondrous.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

So Microsoft bought Acti-Blizzard today. I did not expect that.

"Horizontal integration" to put it in sterile terms, although many would say it's an alarming step towards monopoly, given the unprecedented size of the purchase. 

I wasn't personally shocked on hearing this, since I stick to Japanese games. And Activision-Blizzard is also bogged down by controversies and everything is dead or dying except CoD commenters have said. Still, the monopolistic fears aren't unwarranted, and Sony is probably in the midst of a heart attack at the prospect of losing CoD. 

The natural course of human nature married to economics has always been a want for monopoly among those making the profits. The guilds of medieval Europe attempted to monopolize their trades, being very anticompetitive. What has changed, is the capacity for scale, as the technological means to support larger and larger organizations has grown, at a pace able to counteract the expansion of the average human being's ability to explore the world and choose the markets in which they are engaged. I should not be surprised that fellow members of our species would do this in our era, for it is no different from any other.

I will admit, I didn't react the same way I do at another Tencent acquisition. But then, given the direction present politics are headed, I'll see little reason in some years to panic at Tencent buyouts. As what those bimbos at Microsoft, Disney, Google, Facebook, and Amazon don't yet realize, is the the Legitimate Armed Force Monopoly which we call "government", if it so desires, can buyout their top positions. Or else.🔫 Therefore, whilst we may be concerned about pure private sector monopoly right now, we've a few more years before things become an oligarchic conglomerate where politicians and businessmen might as well be fused into a single creature.😄

Edited by Interdimensional Observer