Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

I've seen people unironically tell others to skip Parts 1 and 2 because Part 3 is when it "gets good".

>part 3

>good

3 hours ago, Dayni said:

It's a real shame that there's no non-DLC/online option for players wanting to get those ranks.

3 hours ago, Shrimpresident said:

You still have my castle battles and free DLC maps where you can build up supports

Until Nintendo closes the online service and the only way to play them will be through piracy. It will be the same situation as Pokemon B2W2, where several features are locked behind the defunct online system and other scrappy mechanics. The ideal would be to have skirmishes available at any time like the other versions, but they don't give experience.

Also, this is something that Treehouse has added to the location, but you have to wait 5 minutes to be able to battle another castle again. It might not have been for others but it was frustrating for me as a tedious activity now costs even more time.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Also, what's with the "I have four balls lol"?

Gappy, the protagonist, has 4 testicles.

47 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

When a Gundam can bonk.

BARBIE!

Barbie with his brother, Barbatos Lupus : r/Gunpla

Edited by Awakened_06_

• Replies 176.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Awakened_06_ said:

I swore I linked that already. Man those talking about the graphics in such a positive light are very forgiving huh?

27 minutes ago, Awakened_06_ said:

The ideal would be to have skirmishes available at any time like the other versions, but they don't give experience.

I suspect they felt it'd be redundant and against the spirit of it for some, even if completely optional.

15 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I swore I linked that already. Man those talking about the graphics in such a positive light are very forgiving huh?

I mean, it looks good. For Pokémon standards. It's just not a high bar lol

16 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I suspect they felt it'd be redundant and against the spirit of it for some, even if completely optional.

Intelligent systems don't know how to make games

2 hours ago, Dayni said:

(Funny enough, the Arrow of Indra should be called Vajra if anything, a lightning weapon that can attack at range and was used to smite sinners which in 3H was made by TWISTD probably for that purpose)

For the bolded, the storm god Indra used the Vajra as his personal weapon. (Vritra was the evil drought-inducing serpent asura Indra killed BTW.)

And if you really wanted a powerful Sanskrit-named weapon, go with the Brahmastra. Or its stronger version, the Brahmashirsha Astra.

These are magical projectiles that can take the form of an arrow or fireball, and once released, inflict god/demigod-killing, universe destroying devastation. Hinduism's equivalent of modern nuclear weapons, not made for the likes of traditional warfare and should not be used without fully thinking it through. No relation to Civ!Gandhi, nor IRL India's nuclear stockpile always ready to wipe Pakistan off the planet and stands a scarily nonzero chance of actually being used were contested border tensions to heat up enough.

Fortunately, the Brahmadanda Astra exists as a counter-weapon able to negate a Brahmastra.

S(h)iva also possesses his Pas(h)upatastra (or "Pasupata" for short), which is to say the flaming projectile he can release in a variety of ways, it is magic after all. Since Shiva is the destroyer god in the Trimurti, you can be assured the Pasupatastra is as practically devastating as a Brahmastra.

Considering Hinduism isn't that familiar to either Japan or the West except superficially, it is understandable that we don't see the Brahmastra deployed in popular entertainment for the splendid millennia-old mythological weapons of mass destruction that they are (though Pasupata is better known).

1 hour ago, Awakened_06_ said:

oof... I though Sw/Sh looks good, but man... This new one really looks like Roblox or Runescape.

Gappy, the protagonist, has 4 testicles.

Ouch.  I imagine walking would be painful...

It makes Three Houses look presentable. And if you're making me praise Three Houses in comparison to your game, you know you done goofed.

11 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

For the bolded, the storm god Indra used the Vajra as his personal weapon. (Vritra was the evil drought-inducing serpent asura Indra killed BTW.)

And then in Berwick Saga, Vritra is the sword the good girl gets and Vajra is the one wielded by the evil man. Funny.

7 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

another steam sale already huh

I still don't have much to buy. Still, nice of them to machine gun these sales out. Convenient.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It makes Three Houses look presentable. And if you're making me praise Three Houses in comparison to your game, you know you done goofed.

From the sounds of it, though, this game's actually fun.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

And then in Berwick Saga, Vritra is the sword the good girl gets and Vajra is the one wielded by the evil man. Funny.

Perhaps it is social commentary about how we are able to overlook any evil if it comes iin a waifu's shell...

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

still don't have much to buy. Still, nice of them to machine gun these sales out. Convenient.

Just wondering, is Kiwami 2 on sale? I can't check right now.

It just left gamepass, so if it is on sale... Well, I'd like to have a try at Dragon Engine combat.

I guess I could play Judgement, but it goes on sale a lot less than the others...

Of course, Lost Judgement is also an option, but that one's even more expensive, and I should probably not play it first.

Dangit, I ranted again when I was just trying to ask an innocent question. Sorry.

Well, we had a whole two and a half hours to get done most of the project we had been dreading, at least everything that should have been done today.

We did not actually start doing work ourselves until we had 10 minutes left.

29 minutes ago, Benice said:

From the sounds of it, though, this game's actually fun.

Hah!

Perhaps it is social commentary about how we are able to overlook any evil if it comes iin a waifu's shell...

Kaga, you genius! Totally intended!

Just wondering, is Kiwami 2 on sale? I can't check right now.

It's on sale, 66% off. 12 bucks at the moment.

It just left gamepass, so if it is on sale... Well, I'd like to have a try at Dragon Engine combat.

I guess I could play Judgement, but it goes on sale a lot less than the others...

Of course, Lost Judgement is also an option, but that one's even more expensive, and I should probably not play it first.

Dangit, I ranted again when I was just trying to ask an innocent question. Sorry.

Pffft. Ah, well, no worries. It happens.

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Well, we had a whole two and a half hours to get done most of the project we had been dreading, at least everything that should have been done today.

if tomorrow isn't due day then today isn't the do day

27 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Oof.

I still have faith that Sooks;gate will be a success, though!

23 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It's on sale, 66% off. 12 bucks at the moment.

Nice, thanks!

Wait, I'm a not smart. Steam sales don't apply everywhere else and there's no chance that my laptop would run K2 at anything above 1-2 FPS...

Welp, I just went and wasted your time. Sorry.

21 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

LMAO

Edited by Benice

20 minutes ago, Benice said:

Welp, I just went and wasted your time. Sorry.

Baah, ten seconds if anything. No worries.

14 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

RNkpWR1.png

cute CG

Deplorable. Utterly abominable. I have never seen anything so horrid in my life.

42 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

…tomorrow is the due day…

22 minutes ago, Benice said:

Oof.

I still have faith that Sooks;gate will be a success, though!

Well, Sooks;gate ended with trash results/data that we had to go to the two stats guys in the buildings to get any sense of what we should do from here.

BUT my science teacher would give a lecture if she saw this about how it’s not a “failure” or “wrong” because science is about learning and not things working, and we still learned, so actually it is a success so… Sooks;gate is fine? For now?

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Well, Sooks;gate ended with trash results/data that we had to go to the two stats guys in the buildings to get any sense of what we should do from here.

Oof...

You have stats experts in your school, though? That's pretty cool.

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

BUT my science teacher would give a lecture if she saw this about how it’s not a “failure” or “wrong” because science is about learning and not things working, and we still learned, so actually it is a success so… Sooks;gate is fine? For now?

Heck yeah, time to make write an inspirational presentation about why this project has taught you so much about the world of science at large! 

"Had everything gone according to plan, we'd have been trapped within the exminaton of results when science is so much more than things going right. By having unusual results, not only do we learn about the scientific process, but we also learn about why our experiment failed! Science isn't about being right or wrong. Rather, it is about understanding the world in which we live. In that front, we had great success, for we learned a lot from this."

Maybe ignore me, I'm very bad at science