Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

That is a lot of footage.

Haven't watched yet.

Been putting it together for weeks. Admittedly, I just worked on it on-and-off whenever I felt like it, but still. That's more time investment than any other video I've made required. And all that for the... 10 views it's going to get. 20 views tops. Ah, well.

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Screenshot_6539.png?width=266&height=432

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'm not sure that would work for X2. Auto-attacks already have their use of providing most of your TP, outside of Purple Arts during Overdrive. You'd need to reformulate how TP works I'd say, otherwise it would be redundant

Oh that is true. I forgot about that lmao.

Yeah if TP is involved, then i guess time-based cooldowns can stay. But if there isn't TP,  then time-base cooldown would only be a detriment.

1 minute ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Is Sooks' suffering fetish stronger than mine?

Sooks when suffering

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

Ah yes, CT.

Did you get all the endings on it?

Yeah, I got the DS version when it first came out. I played it a lot and got all the endings. Same with RD but not CC. I only beat CC the once and didn’t do any New Game+ stuff.

So I was going to go beat up my father, but instead I stumbled into a desert for no reason whatsoever.

https://images2.imgbox.com/77/eb/8V0okwPU_o.png

During this, Leteena put on a skirt.

That's right, I replaced Sierra with Leteena. At least for the time being. Breaking this game is not what I want to do, getting my arse kicked in every gym has been the most fun I've had with it.

Oh, apparently there’s a trainer right outside of Castelia that will let you rebattle them every time you leave the area and come back. This is very good for grinding purposes. And after one battle, this unexpectedly happened

OShDd5W.png
I did not expect him to get happiness that quickly. Hopefully this will help against Burgh.

I also finished exploring the sewers. Nothing of note really happened there, I caught a Petlil in the outdoor area which the cane counts as Castelia City, and I named her Mari because that’s the name of a character who is compared to a Lily of the Valley in Omori. She probably won’t get used unless Slithery dies, though.

1 minute ago, WraithReborn said:

Yeah, I got the DS version when it first came out. I played it a lot and got all the endings.

Yeah, I did not. Played it in full, then got the earliest possible ending and the new ending.

I've been positive for too long. Allow me to complain about one thing I'm not liking too much about Pokemon: The Pokemon center. See, there's zero incentive not to leg it back to the center after every fight. In fact, trying to fight without legging it back to the center every five minutes is quite conterproductive, as not only will the battles become harder, but your dead pokes' growth will stagnate for as long as you are unable to use them. Revives are too expensive to be relying on them all the time.

This leads to a lot of playtime consisting of riding my bike all the way back to the nearest center. I'll admit I did throw away teleport, which would help here, but that move is otherwise completely useless (not something you can really afford when you can only have four moves) and I'd still have to walk back to wherever I was. Most egregious I think was the volcano, where I fought the first pair of Magmas, then I went "okay everyone stay put, don't proceed with your evil plans, I've gotta go back to the pokemon center", wasted time going back to heal, then returned to the place for the forgettable admin fight, then went back to the center again, and... Well, it was just really awkward. I wouldn't have stood a chance if I'd done the fights in a row, so I had to go back, and by the fifth time I saw the should've-been-slow cable car animation, I was thanking dear lord for emulator speed up.

So uh, yeah. Not a gamebreaking fault, but it's getting a bit annoying, I'll admit. My pokemons aren't so powerful that I can chain trainer fights. Often I come out of them with one or two pokes dead, and the moment one poke dies, it's back to the center for everyone. Emulator speed up is the best, is what I'm trying to say.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

See, there's zero incentive not to leg it back to the center after every fight. In fact, trying to fight without legging it back to the center every five minutes is quite conterproductive, as not only will the battles become harder, but your dead pokes' growth will stagnate for as long as you are unable to use them. Revives are too expensive to be relying on them all the time.

Yep, I won't argue that one. I'd say the incentive to charge on is the idea of having to constantly go back and forth, something that I was losing that case on while playing Gen 7.

It's why having the PC available would allow you to switch them out and they'd heal (Unless they went back to treating PCs like Gen 1 where they didn't heal at all. But I doubt that one), so kudos Gen 8.

I may have overgrinded for Burgh’s gym out of fear. I completely trivialized it, I probably shouldn’t do that again. This is fine though, because I should be okay for the inexplicable leveling gap in between the 3rd and 4th gyms.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Oh that is true. I forgot about that lmao.

Yeah if TP is involved, then i guess time-based cooldowns can stay. But if there isn't TP,  then time-base cooldown would only be a detriment.

True, it's not strictly necessary for XCX's gameplay. However, let me begin a chain of thought.:

• Why does TP exist?
    • Not sure, but the Party Gauge doesn't exist in XCX. Both TP and Party Gauge revive, and both unleash a super-strong technique- Chain Attacks/Overdrive.
  • Why didn't the Party Gauge exist in XCX?
    • I don't have interview comments on this decision either.
  • However, might the TP replacement of the PG have something to do with the more single-player MMO-esque approach of XCX?
    • The heroes of XCX aren't quite a tight-knit group like XC1 & 2 crew. And there is a greater emphasis on your avatar character than the entire team in the gameplay, evidenced by the fact you'll probably solo the superbosses with your crewmates dropping like flies.
      • Not to forget, if you do those optional online missions, you can actually be paired with other real players, and not merely AIs using their avatars. Would anyone want to be forced into a Chain Attack/Overdrive if there was a shared Party Gauge and one player wanted to use it when the others might not?
  • Then if hit cooldown > time cooldown, should online co-op multiplayer be ditched for X2?
    • Well, it is a very small portion of XCX.
    • Although, it does help distinguish XCX from plain old XC. And IIRC, doesn't the "X" stand in part for the multiplayer possibility? 
      • Might it be possible some players would rather see this this aspect expanded, rather than trimmed out?
  • Could one make Party Gauge Overdrive work, even with online multiplayer?
    • Yes, I suppose so. Perhaps all players have to pull the trigger on Overdrive for it to actually take effect? When player inputs the command to OD, the others are told of it and can then decide whether or not to join in.
      • But would this get annoying if there was always that one holdout? It could.
    • Or, maybe OD mechanics are altered from the single-player maingame such that everyone has a separate Party Gauge that fills substantially faster to account for being practically speaking, a party of one?
      • If I can imagine it, Monolith surely can, and code it in to boot. But, would it be worth the effort of adding this online difference? Maybe, maybe not?

I think is this enough Socratic speculation for now.😅

2 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Listr.thumb.PNG.97d918b27ea6743a092fa085239f04a5.PNG

My personal Fates Nohrian tierlist (Minus the children because I didn't get any)

Based off of first impressions mostly since I didn't see many of the supports, so this list is bound to change.

Garon at the very top makes me happy beyond words.

Also Benny at S woooo