Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

2 hours ago, Sooks said:

This is why Flayn won't be on side in CF

6 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Technically every version of Fates is being deleted unless you get it physically, so good luck looking for a used copy.

I recall CQ and BR selling for €10 new years ago, with them trying to sell stock. Maybe I should have gotten one of those on top of the digital, but it's no loss personally.

The most recent used copy I've seen is actually the Special Edition cart with all three routes, but it was €110 before and this news will have to travel at some point.

5 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Video games are as ephemeral as life itself, that is the lesson here. Physical is better, but eventually, discs and cartridges wear away, consoles break down. Hopefully all the DLCs and updates and whatnot can be found and preserved by pirates. They deserve praise for keeping many a game preserved for posterity in odd corners of the Internet. That shouldn't be their job, but in the absence of a global video game archive, it's the best we can do.

I half-feel like listening to some sad video game tracks right now. My 3DS is within arm's reach at this very moment. I need to give it a play tomorrow, and avoid damaging it with a few of the tears that come from humanity's painful recognition of impermanence as it nonetheless clings to the impermanent. And while I'm at it, maybe I should head into the basement and turn on the old GameCube again and replay what was once Nintendo's greatest crossover, now that's a fossil. I need to sell that thing, it's unhealthy holding on to the perishable for so long.

Dammit, video games are supposed to make me feel eternal, not remind me of transience.

VG pirates: the heroes we didn't realise we needed. I note that patched Berwick was on the Internet Archive somewhere.

For me, it'll be a matter of ensuring I copy everything over properly, updates and all. And before worrying about all that being able to sort out Bank without paying for it in 13 months time.

Greatest crossover?

• Replies 177.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

10 hours ago, Shrimpolaris said:

about that....

His twitter is full of kyouma stuff in future Sci;Adv games...

It's run by a bot that spouts Kyouma qoutes xD

And people say bots are annoying.

9 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I tried F-Zero GX, I didn't exactly do too well. The third chapter of the short story mode was too difficult for me on normal. And I don't recall winning any Grand Prix other than the first cup on the lowest difficulty.

Yeah, that's understandable. It's a pretty high octane game.

Still would like it to be resurrected.

That was how I felt when I discovered I could destroy opposing racers and knock them out of the competition for the remainder of the course.

God, that's just so good.

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

The end is near.

Oh dear. They're putting the dying dogs down.

Soon they'll shut down the online servers too, and there won't be a Nintendo online that's decent.

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

OH BRUH LMAOOOOO

THE ESHOP SHUTTING DOWN MEANS FE FATES REVELATION IS BEING DELETED LMAOOOOOOO

Fates Special Edition cartridges gonna shoot up in price.

7 hours ago, Dayni said:

....Except in Japan where Rev wasn't on them at release.

It's deleting Apotheosis and Future Past. Heirs of Fate and Elincia's Gambit. Cipher and Astral shards. The eShop is going to die and piracy will rise in the medium term. And just like with the previous titles we'll see what games people want in particular.

...Well, that one surprised me more than it should.

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

It's honestly just now hitting me how much we're losing legitimately. This was the era Nintendo started doing DLC, a lot of content is going to get lost.

Meanwhile Nintendo PC owners be like

https://images2.imgbox.com/18/5c/DpjYDv46_o.gif

Nah but seriously, that sucks.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

And finally, info on Eunie and Taion. Eunie is 18, is a nerd and likes to say fuck. Nah jokes aside, the official Twitter describes her as someone who's good at academics but comes off as rude due to her sharp tongue. Curiously, it does imply she's closer to Lanz than Noah on the friendship scale. Her weapon is also described as a "gunrod" and it does say she's the healer of the group.....do not be like Sharla please i would hate that. Anyways Eunie being 18 seems to confirm my theory that Homs genes have taken over.

Taion is 18 and his weapon is a "Katashiro" and he likes to refer to the little origami thingies as "Mondos". He's smart and cheeky but gets annoyed when he doesn't understand something just like the glorious H.B and Ahkos before him.

Notice how the party is counterparts:

• Noah and Mio: off-seers (whatever that means)
  • Eunie and Taion: the smart ones, seem to be support-based
  • Lanz and Sena: the strong tanks

Now that we have ages for all the party members, people are finding it curious that Mio is the only one who's 19. I've seen some really wild theories about this, one of them suggesting that this war is actually

giphy.gif

Basically the war between Keeves and Agnus has gotten so bad that they've resorted to cloning their deceased soldiers. The original party actually died in an earlier battle and who we see here are their clones. And given the long lifespan of some of them, accelerated aging has been implemented for long-lived races.

It would tie into the Ouroboros theming but honestly, i think people are looking too deep into this. Sena's character description says she sees Mio as an older sister and that can't really happen if they're the same age. Mio also being a female Xeno protag means she had to be the older one.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Soon they'll shut down the online servers too

The servers will at least stay up thankfully.

Looks like I'll finally be visiting one museum I've been delaying on seeing for months tomorrow. I can't say I'm enthusiastic about it, but it will be good to get the bother over with, and it ought to be sublime once I'm actually there. Shame the Islamic art galleries are closed, but a good big museum always has something under renovation.

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That was how I felt when I discovered I could destroy opposing racers and knock them out of the competition for the remainder of the course.

God, that's just so good.

I've been told that's a solid Grand Prix strategy actually. 2 or 3 tracks into a cup, you'll be able to discern your top competitors, and if you manage to bump them out of a race, then they won't get any points for that track and thus ought to cease to be a serious threat to you leading. -You still need to race gud if you want to win though.

40 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Taking them down might be the better option. From what I've heard with XCX, hackers took over the Global Nemesis/Yggralith Zero stuff a long time ago and have since been killing it in a very short timespan, too short for any residual real players of the game to get many Reward Tickets out of it.

40 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Mio also being a female Xeno protag means she had to be the older one.

We can slightly expand this to non-Xeno Monolith games. Milly IIRC is 16 to Sagi's 15, Soma Bringer's Idea is older than Welt as well. And how can we ignore the vast age gulf between Reiji and Xiaomu for ten years she has been grooming him into her ideal man I tell you?

4 hours ago, Dayni said:

Greatest crossover?

Just me fondly looking back on my childhood and thinking "and to think, Melee was once heralded as the greatest imaginable Nintendo matchup ever". Elitists and their wavedash whining might still think it so, but I'm not referring to that garbo, just to the majesty and awe of the game in general, particularly for my much younger self. It was only the second game in the franchise, so it's not like it was a foregone conclusion that we would get another and another and another, Melee felt more special. *Sniffles* I want that sense of wonder back!

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

11 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

From what I've heard with XCX, hackers took over the Global Nemesis/Yggralith Zero stuff a long time ago and have since been killing it in a very short timespan, too short for any residual real players of the game to get many Reward Tickets out of it.

See i just farmed the Lv.30 one instead.

13 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And how can we ignore the vast age gulf between Reiji and Xiaomu for ten years she has been grooming him into her ideal man I tell you?

Can't believe Xiaomu was a hentai milf all along.

3 hours ago, Shrimpolaris said:

And everyone ignores Botyouma except Lukako kek

Huh. I would've thought Faris would've actively interacted with the bot until it glitched out and started spewing nonsense.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

For now, at least. Good thing, though.

52 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I've been told that's a solid Grand Prix strategy actually. 2 or 3 tracks into a cup, you'll be able to discern your top competitors, and if you manage to bump them out of a race, then they won't get any points for that track and thus ought to cease to be a serious threat to you leading. -You still need to race gud if you want to win though.

The game supports this strategy by marking the strongest competition on the scoreboard with a "RIVAL" sign during races. Might as well hang a big neon sign above them that says "blow this guy to pieces."

Just got some bloodwork done. It wasn't too bad and my bood looks identitcal to strawberry jam, but they didn't give me a juice-box afterwards.

Guess I'll have to do another round of bloodwork to correct this.

I'm going to be hearing the words "Off course! Retired" in my dreams.

16 minutes ago, Benice said:

Just got some bloodwork done. It wasn't too bad and my bood looks identitcal to strawberry jam

I mean, I'd be worried if it looked more like porridge. Or something.

Also iden tit cal haha humor

16 minutes ago, Benice said:

but they didn't give me a juice-box afterwards.

How dare they. Draw their blood instead.

Guess I'll have to do another round of bloodwork to correct this.

Benice 'bout to return to his arson roots.

56 minutes ago, Benice said:

Just got some bloodwork done. It wasn't too bad and my bood looks identitcal to strawberry jam, but they didn't give me a juice-box afterwards.

Are you doing well?

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

mean, I'd be worried if it looked more like porridge. Or something

I've always wanted broth in my veins...

Also iden tit cal haha humor

Idenbreastical

Benice 'bout to return to his arson roots.

20220202_112445.jpg

I submitted this for my first english assignment, I'm gonna get a terrible mark this year.

43 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Are you doing well?

Doing fine, thanks! I feel a teensy bit dizzy, but I can walk around and function otherwise.

Edited by Benice

3 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

People still use this? I see most dashdancing though?

"Elitists and wavedashing" was merely a way of saying "I'm offering praise for Melee, without any of the elitism and anti-post-Melee vitriol" some might associate with praise for SSBM.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The game supports this strategy by marking the strongest competition on the scoreboard with a "RIVAL" sign during races. Might as well hang a big neon sign above them that says "blow this guy to pieces."

You're reminding me of this.:

If the timestamp wasn't set, the particular race I'm referring to begins at 1:05:10. Just watching this gives me... vertigo? Motion sickness? An irrational feeling of "Stop! Slow down! I don't want to fall off the track!"?

If it weren't for your issues with N64 emulation, I'd suggest trying F Zero X as well. Some fans prefer it to its successor GX. It is a little sparse for graphical detail, but Nintendo had to make that sacrifice to maintain a stable 60 fps amidst the high-speed 30-vehicle racing.

3 hours ago, Benice said:

Oh dear...

Context on the joke, Reiji is... I'm not sure how old actually. But given he and Haken regard each other without any acknowledgements of seniority or inferiority, I'm inclined to say early mid-twenties. 23? 25? Something like that. Xiaomu is 765 probably 766 or 767 by now but she doesn't want to admit it. So like a 740 year difference between them. Reiji's father used to be her coworker, and she has known Reiji for at least 10 years. Haken infers Reiji was raised by a woman at one point, and then soon gets indirect confirmation it was Xiaomu. She herself admits that she has trained Reiji ever since the incident ten years ago in Namco X Capcom. 

Although I wouldn't call Xiaomu domineering whatsoever. Despite officially being Reiji's senior coworker, he will spank the insubordination of her if necessary.

14 minutes ago, Benice said:

20220202_112445.jpg

I submitted this for my first english assignment, I'm gonna get a terrible mark this year.

End your assignment with a quote from Oscar Wilde- "Be yourself, everyone else is already taken".🙂

4 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Too busy making sure Daru doesn't homewreck his family

You told me he becomes a good person

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

You're reminding me of this.:

If the timestamp wasn't set, the particular race I'm referring to begins at 1:05:10. Just watching this gives me... vertigo? Motion sickness? An irrational feeling of "Stop! Slow down! I don't want to fall off the track!"?

If it weren't for your issues with N64 emulation, I'd suggest trying F Zero X as well. Some fans prefer it to its successor GX. It is a little sparse for graphical detail, but Nintendo had to make that sacrifice to maintain a stable 60 fps amidst the high-speed 30-vehicle racing.

I've heard it's good too. Most people agree GX is the best of the series, and between my issues with N64 support in the Nintendo PC and the immense jump in graphical quality, I don't think I'll be in a hurry to try it out. GX looks to have enough content to keep me going for a while, anyway. Took me five attempts to beat emerald cup on novice difficulty. Imagine the rest of the difficulties. That's going to be interesting...

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Despite officially being Reiji's senior coworker, he will spank the insubordination of her if necessary.

Zoinks.

That's kinda based, though.

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

Nah jokes aside, the official Twitter describes her as someone who's good at academics but comes off as rude due to her sharp tongue.

So she's an academic tsundere, nice.

Taion is 18 and his weapon is a "Katashiro" and he likes to refer to the little origami thingies as "Mondos".

I expect Taion to have a heart-to-heart like Devdan and Largo's supports, where someone accidentally "murders" Mondo. Probably Lanz.

Now that we have ages for all the party members, people are finding it curious that Mio is the only one who's 19. I've seen some really wild theories about this, one of them suggesting that this war is actually

I think it's more likely that 18 is the age when people get drafted into the army.

Of course, Agnus and Keves would have bigger problems than the war itself if they needed to clone soldiers. The war is probably orchestrated by a third party to feed souls to their Deus-analogue god/monster/weapon; I don't know if the off-seering feeds the souls to "Deus" or they prevent "Deus" from eating them however.