Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

38 minutes ago, Armagon said:

And the stage itself is a grim reminder of what could happen to our seas if we aren't careful

You mean is going to happen if nothing changes*

• Replies 176.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Just now, Shrimpolaris said:

You mean is going to happen if nothing changes*

Or what is going to happen even if we actually start to change. I'm pretty sure it's been stated we've already went past a few points of no return. So it's no longer "We stop this", but rather "We make this as least destructive as possible".

7 hours ago, Julizan said:

buenos dias

¿Qué tal estás?

6 hours ago, Sooks said:

few times? Does the game keep up this difficulty?

Well, it depends. One thing I really enjoy about this game is that, at least as far as I went on my second run, I discovered that making evil choices leads to easier battles. Becuase of this, there's an actual incentive to consider it beyond morbid curiosity and it doesn't feel as much like Benedict's an ass for nothing, because his ideas do make your life easier.

6 hours ago, Sooks said:

Right, you only get entire armies killed. Sometimes, even the enemy’s!

This was never more true than after my Awakening run.

4 hours ago, BrightBow said:

How can there be a Dominatrix substory? If anything, it would be a Dominatrix switchstory.

Aaahahahahaha.

Brilliant.

3 hours ago, Sooks said:

Bad news, it appears I’ve accidentally min-maxed my morality stat.

It happens. I min-maxed liberty and utility by being a dick. Morality was terrible all game long lol.

3 hours ago, Sooks said:

Oh look at that, Ruben’s favorite loli joined.

I… do not see how that event could have led to us deciding to accept an orphaned refugee who is age 10 at the absolute most as a soldier, but these characters events have always been kind of forced.

Why do you think I like her? She's ridiculous.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

don’t understand the point of Picoletta. Like at all.

Distracting with decoys, using offensive items which are surprisingly good and being a huge meme. 

Seriously, with her ultimate weapon tech she can copy exclusive attacks of final bosses and use them herself.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Wait, what? Game why?

Because if "unlockable option = correct" every single time, it would be incredibly boring and straightforward. This makes you have to think.

It's worth noting, too, that the unlockable things are sometimes good for one decision, but bad for the other. Use your brain.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Though you may find the game disagreeable (which is fine), I will give Berwick Saga credit for having a dynamic turn order, but limiting all units to a single action. I've complained Marcel's 3 move is sluggish, but thank heavens he doesn't also have to deal with Faramir getting 3 actions for every 1 he does. Now that would relegate him to true unusability.

Yeah, Berwick looks similar to stuff like FFT on the surface, but they aren't much alike. BWS turns are like FE turns, you just can't use everyone in your army at once. Otherwise, it's the same. Everyone gets one action per turn and you can use them in any order.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

And wow, Benedict’s plan is genius. Kinda wish we’d done that to begin with…

Benedict is stated to be a brilliant strategist, but unlike some others, he actually fits the bill. His plans tend to be excellent. Only problem is that he's a brutal pragmatist and as such tends to disregard anything that isn't House Wolffort and its subjects.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Because if "unlockable option = correct" every single time, it would be incredibly boring and straightforward. This makes you have to think.

I agree with this, which is why I liked their system, it made you think outside the box more than expected.

6 hours ago, Sooks said:

I chuckled.

Yakuza 1's dub is a treasure.

4 hours ago, BrightBow said:

How can there be a Dominatrix substory? If anything, it would be a Dominatrix switchstory.

LMAO

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The city of Prague of approves.

Do they also defenestrate people who don't die?

'Morning!

Edited by Benice

8 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I agree with this, which is why I liked their system, it made you think outside the box more than expected.

Yeah, it's pretty nice. And I love that the game doesn't tell you, either, it lets you find out the hard way. I foolishly made the assumption that lock = good until chapter 7, when

Spoiler

I realized halfway through the persuasion phase "wait, why the hell am I using Maxwell's sacrifice to convince the group to give Roland up when Maxwell sacrificed himself so Roland would go free? It makes no sense."

From there on, I made sure to actually think about what the unlockable options were. The game respects your intelligence. I like that.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Okay but seriously though, I have no utility. Aaa.

I’m now running through all the mental mock battles I haven’t done because after every one it says “Serenoa’s convictions have strengthened” or whatever and I’m desperately hoping that I’m somehow gaining utility from this.

Spoiler

Maybe this is a sign that I shouldn’t be so desperate to smuggle illegal salt but we need the evidence! C’mon Frederica, you were supposed to be always right!

15 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It happens. I min-maxed liberty and utility by being a dick. Morality was terrible all game long lol.

For me right now it’s looking like my morality is great, my liberty is middle of the road, and my utility is…

>”you would have better luck talking to a stone wall” all game long.

using offensive items which are surprisingly good

All I have are magic stones which are eh. Frederica better.

It's worth noting, too, that the unlockable things are sometimes good for one decision, but bad for the other. Use your brain.

Good. I like this.

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Reveal hidden contents

I realized halfway through the persuasion phase "wait, why the hell am I using Maxwell's sacrifice to convince the group to give Roland up when Maxwell sacrificed himself so Roland would go free? It makes no sense."

I actually noticed something like this, but assumed it was a mistake on the devs’ behalf because “the unlockable option must be best”. Heh… I’m good at this game, I swear

Good morning all. 

I was dealing with a major network issue that banished all network options from my laptop and only this morning did I manage to fix it all by myself plus google.

I realistically didn't do much but I still feel good about it.

20 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Anyway, just got done with the week's hiking. I continue to be unable to climb slopes without feeling extremely tired.

If it makes you feel any better, most freight trains with over 7000 horsepower struggle with even the slightest of slopes.

6 minutes ago, Benice said:

Do they also defenestrate people who don't die?

In the most famous instance, the one that kicked off the 30 Years' War that would go on to reduce the Holy Roman Empire/"Germany"'s population by 1/3rd, surprisingly yes. Three royal emissaries were thrown out a window and survived a 70 ft/21-meter drop, one of whom was later granted the official title "Baron of Highfall".

11 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

In the most famous instance, the one that kicked off the 30 Years' War that would go on to reduce the Holy Roman Empire/"Germany"'s population by 1/3rd, surprisingly yes. Three royal emissaries were thrown out a window and survived a 70 ft/21-meter drop, one of whom was later granted the official title "Baron of Highfall".

I think Kiryu must have immigrated from Prague, then!

All right, I’ve spent who knows how long on all the mental mock battles. Does it appear to have made a difference in my utility? No. But did I get money, kudos, items, and exp for my underleveled units? Yes. So was it worth it? Hopefully? It won’t matter if we all die anyway because my team elects to take us to Hyzante like idiots.

Yes! Frederica is deep in thought, even though I have 2 utility! I knew she could do it! Now please vote my way.

Edited by Sooks

Ahaha… they all voted against me.

So I looked online and it turns out that, while I’d meant to have picked utility options this entire time… in the past dialogue, everything I’d thought was utility… wasn’t. But I have saves, so it might hopefully maybe be okay!

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

All I have are magic stones which are eh.

Basic stones are mediocre, but once she grows a bit she can improve them, and ranged and large magic stones are legitimately quite useful. They've saved my butt a few times. Don't underestimate the value of static magical damage on any unit with zero TP requirement.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

C’mon Frederica, you were supposed to be always right!

I mean, morally, kinda yes, but strategically, she tends to be pretty wrong a lot of the time. Hers is the fairy tale approach: I'm gonna do the right thing all the time, and I don't care if it leads to grueling battles, terrible sacrifices or straight up suicide.

Of course, the fairy tale approach has to work because this is a videogame and it'd be dumb if all of her paths led to forced game overs. Which is why I appreciate that the "right thing" tends to involve harder battles. At least the game acknowledges somehow that being so foolhardily heroic is not easy.

28 minutes ago, Sooks said:

All right, I’ve spent who knows how long on all the mental mock battles. Does it appear to have made a difference in my utility? No. But did I get money, kudos, items, and exp for my underleveled units? Yes. So was it worth it? Hopefully? It won’t matter if we all die anyway because my team elects to take us to Hyzante like idiots.

Honestly, I just did them as they popped up because they were fun. Having the entire team caught up in levels is pretty easy to pull off with tavern battles, and every unit in the game is so diverse that you might want the variety of options to confront each map.

Just now, Sooks said:

Ahaha… they all voted against me.

Oof.

Just now, Sooks said:

So I looked online and it turns out that, while I’d meant to have picked utility options this entire time… in the past dialogue, everything I’d thought was utility… wasn’t. But I have saves, so it might hopefully maybe be okay!

Honestly, I was surprised by this too, when I went into NG+ and discovered that my liberty was my highest stat, not my utility. I hadn't even paid attention to convictions, I just went with either Benedict or the most evil option, but it turned out that wasn't straight utility like I thought. Everything worked out right, though. I never lost a single vote. The closest was in chapter 9, but since Roland was gone, the vote was tied and I got to swing it whichever way I liked.

4 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Sooks coup'd

6 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

coup d'tough luck buddy

Yeah well, my ability to go back in time with old saves is stronger than petty things such as “democracy”.

And you might says something something dishonorable something something “deal with the consequences of your choices like the devs intended”, but hey! I’d been meaning to pick utility options for a while now, but it turns out pretty much everything I’d thought was Utility was actually Liberty, somehow.

Although I do have another strategy: I have a low chance to convince Anna, the neutral character, to vote either way. So if I’m purposefully a complete moron when I try to convince her to go the way I don’t want to go, she might be tricked into actually voting the way I wanted her to all along?

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Basic stones are mediocre, but once she grows a bit she can improve them, and ranged and large magic stones are legitimately quite useful. They've saved my butt a few times. Don't underestimate the value of static magical damage on any unit with zero TP requirement.

I really need these better stones for it to be worth it tho…

I mean, morally, kinda yes, but strategically, she tends to be pretty wrong a lot of the time. Hers is the fairy tale approach: I'm gonna do the right thing all the time, and I don't care if it leads to grueling battles, terrible sacrifices or straight up suicide.

Of course, the fairy tale approach has to work because this is a videogame and it'd be dumb if all of her paths led to forced game overs. Which is why I appreciate that the "right thing" tends to involve harder battles. At least the game acknowledges somehow that being so foolhardily heroic is not easy.

I like this.

Honestly, I just did them as they popped up because they were fun. Having the entire team caught up in levels is pretty easy to pull off with tavern battles, and every unit in the game is so diverse that you might want the variety of options to confront each map.

I spent an hour catching up on them and now might undo all of that in an attempt to “convince” my subjects to break international law.

Honestly, I was surprised by this too, when I went into NG+ and discovered that my liberty was my highest stat, not my utility. I hadn't even paid attention to convictions, I just went with either Benedict or the most evil option, but it turned out that wasn't straight utility like I thought. Everything worked out right, though. I never lost a single vote.

Yeah, same. Everything I’d thought was liberty was actually utility.

Maybe this is because I still don’t fundamentally understand the distinction between the three. Like, morality and utility sit on opposite ends of the spectrum and are very well defined, and then you have liberty which is somehow both but actually neither? I don’t know.

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The closest was in chapter 9, but since Roland was gone, the vote was tied and I got to swing it whichever way I liked.

Thank god I have him, Roland is one of the few who actually agrees with me.

Then again, if my plan for Anna actually works, the vote would end up tied has he been gone, and apparently you get to pick if that happens, which is cool.

Spoiler

So I’m guessing that if the vote ended up tied, you also wanted to smuggle the salt? Is it a good idea that I’m unironically making the same choice as someone trying to see how evil the game will let him be?

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Yeah well, my ability to go back in time with old saves is stronger than petty things such as “democracy”.

Tfw Turnwheel outside FE

Ahhhhh, there he is!

There he is!

In all his radiance!

Randomly standing on a rock because why the hell not!

Awakening's best character, Mad King Gangrel of Plegia! I love you so much.

God, I wish I could have you.

Y'know, in my team. Barlowe is a man. He can't marry Gangrel. Because IntSys are cowards.

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I really need these better stones for it to be worth it tho…

That's the problem with consumable items. Hoarder's syndrome often prevents them from reaching their full potential.

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I like this.

So do I. The main three feel pretty balanced, each with their flaws and strengths as characters.

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I spent an hour catching up on them and now might undo all of that in an attempt to “convince” my subjects to break international law.

O O O O F F F

Yeah, same. Everything I’d thought was liberty was actually utility.

Maybe this is because I still don’t fundamentally understand the distinction between the three. Like, morality and utility sit on opposite ends of the spectrum and are very well defined, and then you have liberty which is somehow both but actually neither? I don’t know.

It's... a bit weird. It's better

Thank god I have him, Roland is one of the few who actually agrees with me.

Hey, good for him! It's more than he does in the maps.

Then again, if my plan for Anna actually works, the vote would end up tied has he been gone, and apparently you get to pick if that happens, which is cool.

Reveal hidden contents

So I’m guessing that if the vote ended up tied, you also wanted to smuggle the salt? Is it a good idea that I’m unironically making the same choice as someone trying to see how evil the game will let him be?

Spoiler

Yeah, I wanted to smuggle the salt. Truthfully, that doesn't have to be considered the evil option as much as the smart option, but still. I just wanted to add international smuggling as one of my many crimes.

I love how sarcastic everyone is in this game. Gangrel is sarcastic and unabashedly evil. I love him so much. I want ten games with Gangrel and Garon as the main characters. The League of Gs, we can call it.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I love how sarcastic everyone is in this game. Gangrel is sarcastic and unabashedly evil. I love him so much. I want ten games with Gangrel and Garon as the main characters. The League of Gs, we can call it.

Ruben hack series time