Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That's the problem with consumable items. Hoarder's syndrome often prevents them from reaching their full potential.

Well, you see, I had hoarder’s syndrome, but then Avlora’s assault happened and now I have no items.

O O O O F F F

This actually was a fear I had as far back as when the game was first announced, that the story defining traits being bound to random dialogue choices and completely invisible would not end up well and, yeah…

I mean, I get that that’s the point and all, I’m just not sure I’m actually having fun that way. Like, it might be fun to watch as my choices directly led to the downfall of the continent, but not so much when I was screaming the correct solution at my characters and they didn’t listen because I didn’t tell that one generic soldier than Hyzante would be a cool ally while the enemy forces who’d just pretended to be our allies were at our doorstep, ready to infiltrate the castle and capture the prince. If that makes sense.

It's... a bit weird. It's better

What’s better? Better than what?

Hey, good for him! It's more than he does in the maps.

What are you talking about? Double thrust go brrr.

Hide contents

Yeah, I wanted to smuggle the salt. Truthfully, that doesn't have to be considered the evil option as much as the smart option, but still. I just wanted to add international smuggling as one of my many crimes.

Ahaha, I like how you can see the difference between us here.

Sooks:

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Truthfully, that doesn't have to be considered the evil option as much as the smart option

Ruben:

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I just wanted to add [the choice] as one of my many crimes.

• Replies 176.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I love how sarcastic everyone is in this game. Gangrel is sarcastic and unabashedly evil. I love him so much. I want ten games with Gangrel and Garon as the main characters. The League of Gs, we can call it.

I nominate JGedah as the third member. I think he'd be great without an opposing protagonist who's supposed to be taken seriously.

3 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

When its SO good that it actually reduces enjoyment, then i would argue that it crossed the line.

At that point, that's just up to the individual.

3 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

I actually fixed this in CS IV, as in Fie doesnt make up the damage that Crow would do in one hit with two extra turns for example. 

So are you gonna go "fix" every RPG where faster characters deal more damage total than the actual heavy hitters then?

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Shiver Star's landmasses look identical to Earth's when viewed from space. And given the shopping mall devoid of actual shoppers, fans have claimed Shiver Star is our planet after we got wiped out somehow. Humanity has ceased to be, but our great temples of conspicuous consumption remain.

Oh yeah, i do remember this.

Forgotten Land's concept as a whole is basically Shiver Star expanded to a whole game, with different biomes and whatnot.

15 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ahhhhh, there he is!

There he is!

In all his radiance!

Randomly standing on a rock because why the hell not!

Awakening's best character, Mad King Gangrel of Plegia! I love you so much.

God, I wish I could have you.

Y'know, in my team. Barlowe is a man. He can't marry Gangrel

Spotpass oh wait.

8 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

League of Gs? Is Gharnef invited?

Somebody you can't win against makes for a boring protagonist 😕

Aaaand now I can't play anymore. Friend of my dad called, spent some time talking with him, and now I gotta go have dinner, it's quite late.

I just wanted to get my taste of Gangrel before anything else, honestly.

12 minutes ago, Sooks said:

What’s better? Better than what?

I... haven't the faintest idea where I was going with that.

What are you talking about? Double thrust go brrr.

Yeah, and then he dies on turn 2 and it's over.

Frankly, far as horse riders go, I prefer the other one. She's way more fun. She's way hotter, too. That's something to take into account, isn't it?

12 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Ahaha, I like how you can see the difference between us here.

Sooks:

23 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Truthfully, that doesn't have to be considered the evil option as much as the smart option

Ruben:

23 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I just wanted to add [the choice] as one of my many crimes.

Some people just want to watch the world burn.

Like Rooben.

10 minutes ago, pong said:

I nominate JGedah as the third member. I think he'd be great without an opposing protagonist who's supposed to be taken seriously.

Let's have a game with all of the Gharnefs. All of them.

...Speaking of... how come you saw "League of Gs" and didn't think to suggest

9 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

League of Gs? Is Gharnef invited?

the OG G himself?

Yeah, Gharnef would have to be in the League, of course! He's the OG G!

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Spotpass oh wait.

Well, I did just post on the rebalance mod's thread. With any luck, the creator might consider doing a quick update that unlocks the paralogues. It seemed like a fairly simple process, but with my extremely limited knowledge and the relative clunkiness of 3DSFE's hacking tool Paragon, I couldn't manage it without breaking the mod.

Just now, pong said:

Somebody you can't win against makes for a boring protagonist 😕

Every enemy has Starlight. Also every enemy is Gotoh. This game is shaping up to be the greatest FE!

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Unsurprisingly, my plan to reverse psychology Anna into voting for my plan blew up in my face. Welp, back in time I go. El psy kongroo?

Who knew rigging the election would be so difficult?

Just now, Sooks said:

Unsurprisingly, my plan to reverse psychology Anna into voting for my plan blew up in my face. Welp, back in time I go. El psy kongroo?

Trump.

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Anna..didn't follow my plan?

The plan...it didn't work?

It didn't actually work?

...Anna?

Fredrica?

Benedict?

Trump.

Lmao

New Teehee Lore

Edited by Shrimpolaris

8 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Trump.

Trump when Triangle Strategy released and it actively encouraged lying to the people in order to sway their votes

5 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

It didn't actually work?

...Anna?

Fredrica?

Benedict?

Well, reverse psychology on Anna was my last resort before traveling in time. I will now commence Operation Misinform the Electorate.

Okay, dinner done. Time for some real Gangrel time. Today's map is Ricken and Maribelle, which is nice, because I'll get to experience the mod's not-same turn reinforcements for the first time.

11 minutes ago, Sooks said:

HYYYYYYYYYYYYYUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUhahahahahaha!

Benedicto, Rolandu, Fredeurika! To the development room!

Benedict facepalms as he tries to resist the urge to scream "there is no fucking development room" in his lord's face.

1 minute ago, Shrimpolaris said:

It didn't actually work?

...Anna?

Fredrica?

Benedict?

Not Benedict! The rest can go.

...Ok no. I like most of TS's cast.

13 minutes ago, Sooks said:

You need more bribery.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Trump when Triangle Strategy released and it actively encouraged lying to the people in order to sway their votes

This is so wrong on so many levels, considering current world events.

I love it. You gained utility!

I wonder if in future Dark Souls runs I should just stop playing before doing any of those rushed lategame areas. Like, just kill Smough, Ornstein, do the DLC and call it a day.

Can't say I even found fighting Gwyn any fun. After all those fancy DLC bosses, it's so weird to still have to do this boring guy who does nothing but run up in your face and swing at you.
And of course just like in the Demon Ruins and Lost Izalith, you have to run across a large field filled with nothing, just to get there.

Edited by BrightBow

So an unintended side effect of changing the worldline my stats: instead of Picoletta joining, I got Hossabara, who is basically the troubadour of this game. Troubadours are cool. Furthermore, her design is cool. I’ll probably use her.

So yeah, this was a good choice.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

So an unintended side effect of changing the worldline my stats: instead of Picoletta joining, I got Hossabara, who is basically the troubadour of this game. Troubadours are cool. Furthermore, her design is cool. I’ll probably use her.

Thaaat's the one I was talking about earlier.

Honestly, Hossabara claims to be the troubadour of this game, but she only has one healing spell, and if you're anything like me, she won't use it that often. Nah, the thing about her is clobbering things in the head with a club. That's what she's all about. Offense with a side of healing, not the other way around.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

So yeah, this was a good choice.

Yeah, I think so.

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Picoletta joining, I got Hossabara

Why do all of the characters sound like their names are car models?

12 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Like, just kill Smough, Ornstein, do the DLC and call it a day.

You could also learn the Wrong Warp, for completion's sake.

Problem 1: I have trouble beating maps without Frederick's help, but Frederick takes up a precious deployment slot. Someone needs to take the boot.

Problem 2: I was re-reading the earlier pages and when Acacia suggested I use Sumia, he said "Sumia, definitely." The "definitely" makes me believe he likes her and would like me to give her an honest, passionate shot.

Problem 3: I fucking hate Sumia's worthless fucking guts so much. She's worse than Donnel. DONNEL. I cannot justify her presence. At all. She's a complete waste of space and that's it. Flying only lets her get to the enemy faster so she may deal less damage than Donnel and then die.

4 minutes ago, Benice said:

Why do all of the characters sound like their names are car models?

Hossabara is a rather funny name, I'll admit.

So interesting thought I just had, by using knowledge from later at this part of the game (spoilers)

Spoiler

In one of his side stories, Gustadolph says something about a “new pawn” but perhaps he “should be wary of his own family most”. Later, an event from Svarog comes completely out of nowhere, where his son’s body makes it back to his territory, despite the fact that Svarog hasn’t had any screen time in like 5 chapters. Maybe I should be wary of him…

But he definitely wants revenge against Dragan’s killers the most, so if we can convince him of the truth, that it was Aesfrost…

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

So are you gonna go "fix" every RPG where faster characters deal more damage total than the actual heavy hitters then?

As weak as an argument as this is, i guess i can humor you: I shouldnt have to, the fucking morons that develop the game should be doing this, it isnt that difficult to grasp.

It took me a total of a few days to figure out the root problems, and i'm ONE PERSON. 

But you wouldnt understand since you generally focus on games that are on the easier side.

I wasn't sure how I'd handle chapter 5, until I realized, hey, this hack changed most routs to defeat commander, and if I leave Ricken in range of the wyvern closest to him, that makes the boss charge forward from the start. Ricken was also given a prf, Grafcalibur (because of course it's Grafcalibur), which is effective against fliers.

All in all, it seems designed for a quick commander defeat. Which isn't great for my experience levels. But I still managed to nab a few kills here and there.

11 minutes ago, Sooks said:

So interesting thought I just had, by using knowledge from later at this part of the game (spoilers)

Hide contents

In one of his side stories, Gustadolph says something about a “new pawn” but perhaps he “should be wary of his own family most”. Later, an event from Svarog comes completely out of nowhere, where his son’s body makes it back to his territory, despite the fact that Svarog hasn’t had any screen time in like 5 chapters. Maybe I should be wary of him…

But he definitely wants revenge against Dragan’s killers the most, so if we can convince him of the truth, that it was Aesfrost…

Hmmm... Food for thought, eh.

9 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I suppose it's clear you and my suggestions just don't go hand in hand. Or just me suggesting stuff in general.

Our preferences are too far apart, I guess.

So supposedly Utility is not “the evil trait” but I just got a suuuper evil looking “wordsmith” called Lionel who refers to himself in the third person and joined our army just to make money. I will use him.

Anyway, on to the battle.

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hmmm... Food for thought, eh.

Why are you like this?

Edited by Sooks