• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Reading about early European attempts at viticulture in the New World in the cool yet sunny morning (begun as early in 1524 in New Spain/Mexico). After that, a walk through the five-minute forest trail I never knew my neighbors had. Tennis with the family (how did I send a ball over the 12ft/3.7m fence behind me?), and then eating an entire XXL pizza to win one of them a free t-shirt. Laying in bed and looking at how the day went, initial recovery from a very bruised ego feels... bizarre.

4 hours ago, Shrimpolaris said:

The Teehee Thread is peak fiction, no?

Jumping into this "What if Teehee was an FE?", I'm divided. I feel alternatively like: Soren, Pelleas, Sephiran, and at least one shota (not sure which exactly). Depends on my mood and circumstances. Throw 'em in a blender and whatever you get is what I'd end up being.

13 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Xeno is a series with very good female characters and very good antagonists but for some reason, they almost never overlap.

I think I know the one exception you're thinking about.

15 minutes ago, Armagon said:

i'll reluctantly accept brainwash

Armagon slightly accepting Kaga????

What's going on with the world?

Although i agree with the villains thing. Especially since the Fog thing from FC will be involved.

Gameplay looks sick, so i am not really worried there...

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I think I know the one exception you're thinking about.

Yeah, pretty much. I mean, there's a few female villains i wouldn't say are completely awful but it's pretty much just Miang who's good.

T-elos also good but she's weird cause she sucks in her own game but is really fun in crossovers.

And when you think about it, Blade has yet to have a good female antagonist. Like at all. Please be that change Xenoblade 3.

9 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Armagon slightly accepting Kaga????

Takahashi would handle it with better tact than Kaga ever would.

Hey listen, i'm just prepared for the possible lame explanation.

12 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Gameplay looks sick, so i am not really worried there...

Same. And i'm not too worried about our main cast either. The emphasis on the main six means guaranteed good character interaction so no having to worry about Noah hogging the spotlight. The emphasis on the main six also gives me Baten Kaitos Origins vibe in the sense that the entire party is basically the protagonist.

So i have shoes that kinda light up in the dark, and I was going to bed, and I see this light on the wall and decide to throw my shoes in my closet, and of course what has to happen? My phone fucking lights up. I wait for it to go off, only for me to realise it had it set not to, so I just laid in bed trying to sleep with my phones light burning my sockets. It went on for quite a while before I decided to get up and turn it off.

It was hell, lmao.

47 minutes ago, Armagon said:

T-elos also good but she's weird cause she sucks in her own game but is really fun in crossovers

Wait, she gets a badass cutscene for her time, though! 

@Interdimensional Observer @Acacia Sgt so i test ran SRW 30. Good news, it runs well. Here's my experience.

Screenshot_6590.png?width=769&height=432

Avatar selection huh. The dude kinda looks like a reject MHA character and the girl is literally Hatsune Miku. I went with her but didn't really change any of the settings cause test run.

I also elected to start at the academy place.

Screenshot_6592.png?width=769&height=432

Well then it's not a one year war now is it?

Screenshot_6593.png?width=769&height=432

Oh she's cute.

Screenshot_6594.png?width=769&height=432

Also cute btw.

Screenshot_6595.png?width=769&height=432

Thank you game!

Screenshot_6596.png?width=769&height=432

This is like Xenoblade UI but in an SRPG lmao.

Oh also, Az's theme bangs btw. I don't know if the guy has it but her theme is good.

Screenshot_6597.png?width=769&height=432

I don't know who you are (he's from Mazinger, also you can tell who is and isn't an OC in this game).

The rest of that first map went nicely. Animation length uh....we'll see. I love how much it embraces anime but that shit also makes Tellius animations look quick. I'll be sure to watch each one at least once tho. Honestly, i do look forward to playing another proper SRPG, i haven't really done one since *checks* uh 13 Sentinels but that's more RTS so if we go further back uh *checks* Valkyria Chronicles 4, damn.

*quits to the title screen*

Screenshot_6598.png?width=769&height=432

Who the fuck are you?

Screenshot_6599.png?width=769&height=432

Oh that's right, the games do break the fourth wall every time you quit the game.

Screenshot_6600.png?width=769&height=432

20210213_185024.gif

"It'll have to wait until after i finish Exceed tho. Maybe read a comic book or something in the meantime Mr. Zagato."

...and yeah, that was basically my thought process when test running this. Looks fun, i'll definitely be playing it for real, hopefully soon i've got until July 27th to play through this.

I also took a quick glance at the Wiki for all the routes (the game mentioned saving a lot for this) and hooooooo booooy that's a lot of stuff to be aware of.

Anyways that's my first taste of proper SRW.

37 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Wait, she gets a badass cutscene for her time, though! 

Yeah but that's because Monolith Soft choreography is very based.

40 minutes ago, Armagon said:

so i test ran SRW 30. Good news, it runs well. Here's my experience.

That's good to know.

Avatar selection huh. The dude kinda looks like a reject MHA character and the girl is literally Hatsune Miku. I went with her but didn't really change any of the settings cause test run.

Fun fact, male protag is voiced by Chrom. Female protag doesn't share a FE voice, however.

I also elected to start at the academy place.

Screenshot_6592.png?width=769&height=432

Well then it's not a one year war now is it?

Different wars, of course!

Screenshot_6593.png?width=769&height=432

Oh she's cute.

Same voice as Caeda!

Screenshot_6597.png?width=769&height=432

I don't know who you are (he's from Mazinger, also you can tell who is and isn't an OC in this game).

He's THE Super Robot pilot. Mazinger Z may not be the first anime Super Robot ever (that honor goes to Tetsujin-28), but Mazinger Z is the first actual mecha (Tetsujin-28 was remote controlled and thus more of a robot) and thus Koji is the first anime mecha pilot ever.

Don't know if you've seen already, but the game has an Encyclopedia/Glossary. Can be accessed with the Guide option, if you haven't checked it out yet. You unlock entries as you see them. That's why One Year War was in orange, since it's an entry that has just unlocked. Characters and mechas get added without such prompt, so the moment Koji spoke, he's now in the Glossary.

The rest of that first map went nicely. Animation length uh....we'll see. I love how much it embraces anime but that shit also makes Tellius animations look quick. I'll be sure to watch each one at least once tho. Honestly, i do look forward to playing another proper SRPG, i haven't really done one since *checks* uh 13 Sentinels but that's more RTS so if we go further back uh *checks* Valkyria Chronicles 4, damn.

Oh, some animations in SRW can certainly get long. I'm talking... over a minute long. Fortunately, you can fast forward or just turn them off if you feel the game goes too slow with them. I think even the "map" animations can be fast forwarded too, so no worries there even.

Oh that's right, the games do break the fourth wall every time you quit the game.

Those are great alright, heh. I don't know when they begun the practice, but some of the Quit messages give hints to some of the unlockables and secrets the game has. Would still recommend to use the Akurasu Wiki once you play for real, though. Quit messages also add the characters to the Glossary if I recall, but perhaps it might not be advisable to check them if so just yet, for spoiler reasons.

I also took a quick glance at the Wiki for all the routes (the game mentioned saving a lot for this) and hooooooo booooy that's a lot of stuff to be aware of.

Not for nothing this SRW is the largest one yet. However, the game length is very flexible. To wit, this is the first SRW game that employs this format. Usually it's just "linear mission to mission structure", like most FE games. However, this one has a World Map, optional grinding missions, and there's a freedom in the order to tackle stuff (though every now and then you will be forced to do a Key Mission). Key Missions (the ones with a star) are the only ones mandatory to advance the game, though the Optional Missions are still story significant, just not mandatory to do. The rest are absolutely optional but can be used to grind, offer extra rewards, and some can be repeatable. Thus, you can control how long the game can be.

Looks fun, i'll definitely be playing it for real, hopefully soon i've got until July 27th to play through this.

Good to know it went well! Haha, yeah, XBC3 is certainly going to hog your attention by then.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

*Spends some time googling phrases like "autism and love", desperate for answers."

"Autistic people are less likely to be believed by their peers or parents when coming out as LGBT. Even as adults, the agency of autistic people in knowing who they are or what they want is often questioned by those around them. Autistic adults are treated as child-like, unconcerned with sexual desire, or are prevented from exploring their own sexuality. The lack of research in the topic area means that many are unaware of how their autistic identity intersects with an LGBT one.[1]"

Third paragraph on a Wikipedia page LMAO!🤣 -If only it wasn't so sad.

-Not like I'll go and shove this in certain individuals' faces. One, it's Wikipedia the Untrusted, and two, I don't want to blow everything up again.

But 'enuf with the gloom, I see reason for happy!🤖

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

The rest of that first map went nicely. Animation length uh....we'll see. I love how much it embraces anime but that shit also makes Tellius animations look quick. I'll be sure to watch each one at least once tho.

Now you understand where NxC/EF/PXZ got their -albeit more interactive- flashiness from. 

Personally, I played pretty much all of OGs1 with animations on. OGs2 and 2.5, there I turned the animation on and off mid-chapter according to my mood. If I wanted to listen to Time to Come again or hear Irm shout another "Keito Ragoken!" as he cleanly sliced through a battleship -to name one mood I often got- I turned them back on.

This isn't found in every SRW, but it's fairly typical. It began back with 4th Super Robot Wars (which is actually the fifth entry) back in '95, where they gave you four male and four female options each with a different name and personality, and the ability to select a lover interest from the opposite sex for your lead. Nowadays, SRW doesn't do anything that ambitious- just 1 male and 1 female to choose from. Axel BTW was the male lead pick of his origin game- SRW Advance/A Portable.

Looks fun, i'll definitely be playing it for real, hopefully soon i've got until July 27th to play through this.

Glad to hear this! Though you've actually touched a mainline SRW before I did. Maybe not "Supreme Strategy Masochistic SRPG" the way Ruben might like it (a perfectly valid flavor preference), but at the least, I like it as a sort of comfort food.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

This isn't found in every SRW, but it's fairly typical. It began back with 4th Super Robot Wars (which is actually the fifth entry) back in '95, where they gave you four male and four female options each with a different name and personality, and the ability to select a lover interest from the opposite sex for your lead. Nowadays, SRW doesn't do anything that ambitious- just 1 male and 1 female to choose from. Axel BTW was the male lead pick of his origin game- SRW Advance/A Portable.

Indeed, though SRW certainly still tries to vary things up. Like giving each protagonist a different starting chapter(s), dependent or separate from the Space/Earth and Super/Real choices that can also show up. And sometimes it still varies things up.

Like, SRW A may only have two selectable protagonists, but effectively has three different starting chapters. Because of the Super/Real split, and then the Super Robot route has different starts for Axel and Lamia, while the Real Robot route is the same for both.

36 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

*Spends some time googling phrases like "autism and love", desperate for answers."

"Autistic people are less likely to be believed by their peers or parents when coming out as LGBT. Even as adults, the agency of autistic people in knowing who they are or what they want is often questioned by those around them. Autistic adults are treated as child-like, unconcerned with sexual desire, or are prevented from exploring their own sexuality. The lack of research in the topic area means that many are unaware of how their autistic identity intersects with an LGBT one.[1]"

Third paragraph on a Wikipedia page LMAO!🤣 -If only it wasn't so sad.

-Not like I'll go and shove this in certain individuals' faces. One, it's Wikipedia the Untrusted, and two, I don't want to blow everything up again.

But 'enuf with the gloom, I see reason for happy!🤖

Imagem

39 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

Imagem

Thank you, how cute!

Right now, I can feel the rage bottling up again. I can’t take having my abysmally low self-esteem battered like that as it was yesterday. Of being stripped of my humanity and any real semblance of recognition as an adult, of spending the night calling myself a: madman, a child, and useless, useless, useless! From just a few searches and reading multiple sources, to learn that I might have been right, that my family is imprisoning me with their overprotective, condescending kindness. I am angry, I want to vent, I want swear before them -I never swear IRL- how I feel and how they just might be wrong!🌋

-But I can’t. Dammit! I love them too much. And furthermore, the power balance is greatly uneven, my laziness that has kept me from a job and a license leave me entirely dependent on those who I would take up pitchfork against. Like countless peasants, like several centuries of labor unions, any rebellion or strike could be swiftly put down by the landlord-robber baron. Friedrich Nietzsche -a brazen philosopher highly acerbic and unapologetic- wrote in criticism of women, but he did so, knowing well the women who dominated his life could take away the pen from his oft-ill hands. No wonder then that he wrote of the female sex as he did (not to say I approve of his philosophy, in its totality, I don't).

There is little I can do but rage within, it's what's keeping me awake at this hour. I might not want to fuck a guy after all, I will continue to acknowledge that possibility. And yet, I remain adamant in my assertion I have the right to think I might want to fuck a guy! Is this a sign I lack "empathy"? Well then what of you canary-cagers who are failing to see what's right in front of you?! Where is your empathy? I am fueled with a fire born of depression intolerable! Sure some of my daily words might fly out my mouth in exaggeration of what I actually meant to say or should've said, but I oh, I understand the depths of self-loathing, I understand how it feels to feel the unbearable. Is that not the empathy that really matters?!🤬😡

giphy.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

*Takes a deep breath*

20220313125441-1.jpg

Thanks for the hugging cats again!😊

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

7 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Don't know if you've seen already, but the game has an Encyclopedia/Glossary. Can be accessed with the Guide option, if you haven't checked it out yet. You unlock entries as you see them. That's why One Year War was in orange, since it's an entry that has just unlocked. Characters and mechas get added without such prompt, so the moment Koji spoke, he's now in the Glossary.

Yeah i noticed when i started the game but it was then i realized you have to unlock the entries. Which makes sense, but i was expecting like some initial background info haha.

I think even the "map" animations can be fast forwarded too, so no worries there even.

Yep.

Not for nothing this SRW is the largest one yet. However, the game length is very flexible. To wit, this is the first SRW game that employs this format. Usually it's just "linear mission to mission structure", like most FE games. However, this one has a World Map, optional grinding missions, and there's a freedom in the order to tackle stuff (though every now and then you will be forced to do a Key Mission). Key Missions (the ones with a star) are the only ones mandatory to advance the game, though the Optional Missions are still story significant, just not mandatory to do. The rest are absolutely optional but can be used to grind, offer extra rewards, and some can be repeatable. Thus, you can control how long the game can be.

Good to know. In hindsight, a world map makes sense cause we have a flying ship as our base of operations. 

Good to know it went well! Haha, yeah, XBC3 is certainly going to hog your attention by then.

Well that and also July 28th is Gunvolt 3 day, of which i have literally just that day to beat. Not even the whole day either, if i'm able to, i will stay up an hour or two past midnight playing the beginning of Xenoblade 3.

My friend is more fucked than i am. She's a Gunvolt, Xenoblade AND Digimon fan. Her wallet is going to beg for mercy.

7 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Axel BTW was the male lead pick of his origin game- SRW Advance/A Portable.

I see. And i'm guessing what's her face (who actually kinda looks like Az here) who arrived in the EF with him is the female lead pick?

7 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Though you've actually touched a mainline SRW before I did

Oh wait, the OGs aren't mainline? Huh.

....well i suppose it wouldn't be the first Namco franchise to do that.

9 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Then how can she be bad? XD

Because T-elos has no personality in Episode III. If you compare her there to her in her crossover appearances, it is literally night and day.

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Because T-elos has no personality in Episode III. If you compare her there to her in her crossover appearances, it is literally night and day.

I might be mistaken, but isn't that the point of her character? To be the exact opposite of KOS-MOS?

4 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I might be mistaken, but isn't that the point of her character? To be the exact opposite of KOS-MOS?

The problem is that Episode III does not give T-elos the time to really do this. Her personality in crossovers feels like what she would've gotten had Xenosaga not been canned.

Just now, Armagon said:

The problem is that Episode III does not give T-elos the time to really do this. Her personality in crossovers feels like what she would've gotten had Xenosaga not been canned.

That's fair, but she isn't really a major character, just an addition onto 

Spoiler

Kevin's character as a villian, really.

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

That's fair, but she isn't really a major character, just an addition onto 

Reveal hidden contents

Kevin's character as a villian, really.

Both of these is just an unfortunate aspect of how Xenosaga turned out.

But i would disagree with T-elos not being a major character, otherwise i don't think she'd be shilled this much.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

But i would disagree with T-elos not being a major character, otherwise i don't think she'd be shilled this much.

Well... i can count on one hand as to how many scenes she's in, so...

1: The beginning of the game

2: Renne le Cheateu.

3: Labrynthos

4: The endgame

and... that's it i think?

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

T-elos being shilled is just a side effect of her being evil KOS-MOS, i.e. the only other Xenosaga character whose existence is acknowledged nowadays. As such she would likely appear just as much regardless of how plot relevant she is. Justice for Shion!