Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

15 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

"Autistic people are less likely to be believed by their peers or parents when coming out as LGBT. Even as adults, the agency of autistic people in knowing who they are or what they want is often questioned by those around them. Autistic adults are treated as child-like, unconcerned with sexual desire, or are prevented from exploring their own sexuality. The lack of research in the topic area means that many are unaware of how their autistic identity intersects with an LGBT one.[1]"

Third paragraph on a Wikipedia page LMAO!🤣 -If only it wasn't so sad.

As I said before, a misguided attempt to protect you, that just ends up hurting you all the more...sorry for getting a little "I told you so" there. You shouldn't have been treated this way at all.

14 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Right now, I can feel the rage bottling up again. I can’t take having my abysmally low self-esteem battered like that as it was yesterday. Of being stripped of my humanity and any real semblance of recognition as an adult, of spending the night calling myself a: madman, a child, and useless, useless, useless! From just a few searches and reading multiple sources, to learn that I might have been right, that my family is imprisoning me with their overprotective, condescending kindness. I am angry, I want to vent, I want swear before them -I never swear IRL- how I feel and how they just might be wrong!🌋

~Hugs~

15 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

20220313125441-1.jpg

Thanks for the hugging cats again!😊

I guess he did a better job than I would have from across a screen like this...

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

. Amazing how 5 hours, four spent in slumber, can see one's state of mind change so starkly.

plus I am late to this one again...glad you are feeling better

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Enjoy the extremely weird version of Obi Wan in this chapter. I believe he's the only jedi in the game with a cloak that isn't the cool attached cloak that most lego jedi have. It's an odd inconsistency that bothers nobody but myself, because I'm a weirdo even if I'm not a Star Wars fan.

I thought they were less of cloaks and more of actual capes. Obi-Wan’s seems to be the only one with a hood and sleeves, like an actual cloak.

Unless you’re not talking about the capes and I just haven’t seen any jedi like you’ve mentioned yet.

Just now, Sooks said:

I thought they were less of cloaks and more of actual capes. Obi-Wan’s seems to be the only one with a hood and sleeves, like an actual cloak.

Unless you’re not talking about the capes and I just haven’t seen any jedi like you’ve mentioned yet.

Yeah, I was talking about the capes. The capes represent the cloaks for every other jedi in the game. Except for episode 2 Obi Wan, who has a printed on cloak with a proper hood and sleeves. I guess it's because of Kamino, it's pouring rain there and the wet cloak would look more soggy, like his episode 2 minifig. But that doesn't explain the rest of the episode.

So let's just say that Obi Wan slipped and fell into a puddle and he was so embarrassed that he pretended his cloak wasn't soaking wet for the entire episode.

35 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Maybe I will take a moment to say a prayer, just for the heck of it. It might be difficult, considering the most prayer I know is four verses of the Lord's Prayer,

As I've recanted before, if you don't mind going Buddhist with the three short words- Namu Amida Butsu. It's the Japanese version of a Sanskrit phrase, meaning "Bow for the sake of Amida Buddha". As short as it is, Pure Land Buddhists recite it out of devotion wishing for salvation, other Buddhists use it to meditate. Three words, how much better can you get?

35 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah, that's pretty lucky. My area is rural, certainly good for strolls, though not quite forestal. Too many private properties for that. Not many homes, but artificial forests, harvest grounds and the like. Still nice, but it'd be nicer to have a proper forest.

I live in suburbia.😆

However, not everything has been developed around my house has been developed yet. There's enough undeveloped land of trees and the ilk to create the veneer of being lost in nature. I'm not a bird, I can't soar over everything. My human brain might realize the truth, that if I saw a bird's eye view of the area, I would readily notice that it's hardly a boundless expanse of wilderness. And yet, said brain still gets a dose of outdoors environmental therapy by the veneer of an endless landscape. The failings of human cognition and the senses work to my benefit here.

28 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

As I said before, a misguided attempt to protect you, that just ends up hurting you all the more...sorry for getting a little "I told you so" there. You shouldn't have been treated this way at all.

I love that they're protective of me. But, it's probably this coddling attitude too, that combined with my: hesitancy, low self-esteem, outright laziness, and a politeness not to pester people too much; that probably caused me to still not have a driver's license and a job yet. They're too accepting of me -despite their criticisms with the status quo- as a kind of child. At the least, I could've gotten the license during college, I don't see why not.

I guess he did a better job than I would have from across a screen like this...

I amazed how good my written + visual rage was past midnight.😄 That it has the beauty of good prose might undermine the naturalness of it, but it's not like me to write something "sloven yet organic". As angry as I was, I absolutely required it be put into good form, it would be out-of-character otherwise. Writing is the one thing I take some measure of pride in as a potential career skill, everything else I have zilch for other than like reading and analysis.

I'm thankful I had that splendidly one-word image laying around. It was intended to spite those who shall never see that (I hope not.😬 I cannot let them realize what I've been posting here, it's almost a double-life for me, and you are all my paramours. This has gone on without a single hitch for years, but, you never know.), because what a better way to suggest I might be gay, then to end my indignation on two gay men hugging?

plus I am late to this one again...glad you are feeling better

No biggie. I still appreciate your thanks and support!😃 You have your own life to live, and very possibly a different time zone, delayed reactions are expectable and acceptable.

3 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

SRW OG protagonists are not self-inserts

Nah it was a joke lmao.

3 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

So it's more like the OG protagonist of one SRW game, and an OG character (actually antagonist that can change sides) from a different SRW Game

I get it. I think. 

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

You can freely shuffle around some mech Parts too, slapping a Biosensor for +20 Mobility (evasion) on a dodgy unit that's been force-deployed and then moving it to a different machine for the next mission is a valid option.

Mmmmm customization. Can't wait to mess around with this.

25 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I never thought I’d be saying this about a Lego game, but the NPCs are so entertaining.

Shulk is in it

But like actually, that is an intended Xenoblade reference. 

Edited by Armagon

Ladies and gentlemen.

I have unlocked rock stars.

...A bard subclass in Rogue Legacy 2. These subclasses share stats and abilities with the base class, just changing the weapon. Of course, the weapons are already what determine the fundamental playstyle of each class, so it's more or less like having an extra 7 classes. The rock star was added after my first playthrough, so I haven't the faintest idea what it does.

I cannot wait to find out, but that'll have to wait until tomorrow. I'm sleepy.

47 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I never thought I’d be saying this about a Lego game, but the NPCs are so entertaining.

Right? The dialogue is on point here. I honestly think mumble mode is a complete waste. The voice acting is great, not worth ruining it for the sake of nostalgia.

22 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Shulk is in it

But like actually, that is an intender Xenoblade reference. 

Armagon when the game references Xenoblade

Nah I kid. It's perfectly all right, I get it. I too would lose my mind if something were to reference a game I love.

...Too bad the games I love have been played by four people each. Except TF2. I'm still undecided if Deke is a Medic reference or just a stereotype in general... The timing of the releases of both games is interesting, the game isn't beyond subtly referencing obscure memes of the era so Medic wouldn't be that outrageous, and Me Deke just works so well...

Edited by Saint Rubenio

14 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Ah, thought you were having a mix-up there.

Nah cause the way Observer initially described it, i thought Axel was a SRW OC and Alfemi was like, from another mecha property. 

(SRW does incorporate mecha games into it, right? I know most of it is anime properties but Sakura Wars is there, albeit very recently).

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Nah cause the way Observer initially described it, i thought Axel was a SRW OC and Alfemi was like, from another mecha property. 

(SRW does incorporate mecha games into it, right? I know most of it is anime properties but Sakura Wars is there, albeit very recently).

Not every often, but yes.

For mainline SRW games, I know Virtual-On and Sakura Wars have been. This is why I have the opinion it wouldn't be impossible to see at least Xenosaga added too someday, specially since the property has showed up in the Endless Frontier games after all.

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I... Had an attack and couldnt breathe before. Holy shit that was scary.

What? Are you okay? Hang in there and take care of yourself…

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Couldn't breathe...that is really scary. I hope you are OK now. If you haven't made plans to do so already, you might want to talk to a doctor about this.

11 minutes ago, Sooks said:

What? Are you okay? Hang in there and take care of yourself…

8 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Couldn't breathe...that is really scary. I hope you are OK now. If you haven't made plans to do so already, you might want to talk to a doctor about this.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh, goodness. Get that checked, please.

Thanks everyone! 

You know how when you go to the doctor and they have those tests where you breathe into that special tube to check your breathing?

Sadly I can barely get anything out at all. 

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

I hope you're doing ok right now and yeah, definitely get that checked.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

For mainline SRW games, I know Virtual-On and Sakura Wars have been. This is why I have the opinion it wouldn't be impossible to see at least Xenosaga added too someday, specially since the property has showed up in the Endless Frontier games after all.

And Namco has the rights to it too, so it shouldn't be too hard to put into SRW.

*Listens in on IRL conversations from another room*

*Blood begins to boil again.*😡

Hypocrisy much? The key differences, no autism (with all the requirements to be a productive member of society obtained) and not potentially LGBTQ. I see an opportunity to make an effective argument, but, as much as these blatant blinders bothers me, I need to keep calm, for now at least. I'll choose to despair on the possibility the most eloquent of speeches could convince them. And, I don't want to accidentally insult anyone nor detonate the boat again. And yet, I don't like having my concerns suppressed like this, it's so very intolerable (I'm not in the mood to turn myself into one of these right now, I'm not going to be as verbally vicious as I was last night). Selfless vs. self-interest. 

If anyone needs a simmering red wine sauce fit for Dracula, I'm on tap.🍷

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

I get it. I think.

Don't worry about it, it's not exactly relevant for you right now.😉

But remember, if you want more Axel, A Portable has a fan translation. And, the Axel and Alfimi you know are both in OG2 -though you'd want to get through OG1 first as a matter of overall plot chronology. It'd be sorta like RD without PoR if you jumped right into OG2, to refer to two games that have been mentioned here as of late.

That's not good.😨 Please, get help, I hope it's treatable or a freak incident that'll never happen again. We don't want to lose you.🙂

My mental health might be as unstable as nitroglycerin right now, but a person can live on a battered ego desperate for answers and proper respect. No breathing = no life after like 10 minutes, tops. Get checked, now.

IMG_20220430_195506.jpg

13 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And, the Axel and Alfimi you know are both in OG2 -though you'd want to get through OG1 first as a matter of overall plot chronology

And the good news is i have both the GBA and PS2 versions to choose from.

...well the PS2 version is a maybe.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

And the good news is i have both the GBA and PS2 versions to choose from.

...well the PS2 version is a maybe.

If you can choose between either, then might as well go for the PS2 version. Specially since Endless Frontier is aligned more to the PS2 version than the GBA one.

Thanks everyone! 

You know how when you go to the doctor and they have those tests where you breathe into that special tube to check your breathing?

Sadly I can barely get anything out at all. 

Good luck with that. I hope things turn out for the better soon.

And so I have begun Assassin's Creed III. 

Now the previous games I only had a passing knowledge on the Crusades and the Renaissance but the American Revolution is something I've actually studied in depth along with the Haudenosaunee.

With that in mind I will judge this game very closely as I've nothing better to do with my life. 

6 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I am loving the forest trail I sorta knew existed, but never thought casually walkable behind my house. Taking a morning stroll through there was sylvan bliss, it was zen.🧘‍♂️🧘‍♀️

I have been to the end of the earth,
I have been to the end of the waters,
I have been to the end of the sky,
I have been to the end of the mountains,
I have found none that are not my friends.

I'm a bit late but here's hoping you're okay and taking it easy, friend. Do you have an idea of why it happened?

unknown.png?width=768&height=432

FRt1mc2VcAAK4Xf?format=jpg&name=large

Oh my.

38 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

If you can choose between either, then might as well go for the PS2 version. Specially since Endless Frontier is aligned more to the PS2 version than the GBA one.

Well yes, but PS2 emulation can be uh...uncooperative.