Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

methinks the relic doth protest too much

Yes yes Twilit:

Most smiling and smooth, detested parasites,
Courteous destroyers, affable wolves, meek bears,
You fools of fortune, trencher-friends, times’ flies,
Cap-and-knee slaves, vapours, and minute-jacks!
Of man and beast the infinite malady
Crust you quite o’er.

And all that good jazz, sound and fury that signifies nothing.

3 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

Ok old man, tell yourself that

Go have fun with your daki or smth idc

The anonymity of this thread shouldn’t preclude me from caring about the fellowship and wellbeing of my brethren in this place.

• Replies 176.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

11 minutes ago, WraithReborn said:

The anonymity of this thread shouldn’t preclude me from caring about the fellowship and wellbeing of my brethren in this place.

Fancy yourself an ally of jusrice or something

And on top of the events earlier today, I am speaking with a certain old regular from my LPs, who left Serenes before Three Houses's release and with whom I've been reconnecting.

He tells me Houses turned out to be his least favorite FE. The validation. It is sweeeeeeet...

It's a good day to hate a game, lads.

We also spent some time reminiscing on the times when I wagered Conquest would be my least favorite game in the series if I bothered to try it. What a fool I was then. I could not see the radiance of Garon... And, y'know, the genuinely great gameplay.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Well that's some public domain funhouse shit there. Apparently a remake though.

1 hour ago, ping said:

It's only real AC if small numbers are better! *yells at cloud* Ignore that my only actual P&P roleplay experience was with a system that was only developed because a big German boardgame publisher didn't want to cough up the licencing fees for DnD

I'm pretty sure we (the campaign I'm a part of) were discussing between rolling against AC and we had to hit below the threshold in one case. Or I'm just remembering wrong the specifics, I've not played much of this campaign and it's my first contact with D&D specifically.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Pretty good ranking! I think for my own, I'd agree on ranks 7 through 4. I agree with your reasons, overall.

For the rest, O. Dio would rank third for me. I love his lines, the gatling gun is iconic and the fact that he partners up with Mad Dog as a horse is just marvelous, but his fight is pretty underwhelming.

Ou Di Wan Lee is a massive bastard, even as far as these literal incarnations of evil go, he just murders two young people for pretty much absolutely no reason. The fight can be deceptively tough if you aren't careful, and the send-off is amazing. And as you said, his VA is good. Second place.

OD-10 wins for me. It is suitably unnerving, its more subtle approach feels more impactful and makes it the most successful of the incarnations (it almost completes its goal of massacring everyone. Had it started its plan earlier, OP man Darthe wouldn't have been on-board and Kato wouldn't have finished Cube. The lot of them would've been fucked), the Captain Square intro cutting to "die, child, die" is just pure awesome and the aesthetics of the fight are the best in the entire game. I love it.

Spoiler

RIP Ode Iou.

I didn't even go into the point of Mad Dog symbolically being so determined to get Sundown to the degree he'd ride a horse that's the personification of violence just to get a bounty. Which if that doesn't fit him to a tee what would? I generally understand your reasoning though.

2 minutes ago, Awoken Dayni said:
  Hide contents

RIP Ode Iou.

I didn't even go into the point of Mad Dog symbolically being so determined to get Sundown to the degree he'd ride a horse that's the personification of violence just to get a bounty. Which if that doesn't fit him to a tee what would? I generally understand your reasoning though.

Spoiler

RIP Frogman indeed. Odeo benefits from everything surrounding it, at least, and Odo is a massive dinasour. Frogman's just... kinda there, sadly.

2 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

I wonder if they will ever try to experiment ala Fates again

lol no.

...Okay, I want to believe lol yes, but... Ah, we'll see. If only a certain game hadn't stolen the last Direct for itself, maybe we would've gotten FE news by now...!

55 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Remove Elise for Rinkah lolololololololololol

Ah Elise, I can't believe you were in the game even though Lissa did pretty much what you did but in a significantly better way.

I don't think there is any other character in Fates that feel as "Copy and pasted character archetype" as Elise does.

57 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hahaha... She's a real gal. Extremely strange quirk of falling into traps in America aside.

It makes sense, the Northwest is the king of cannabis.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

lol no.

...Okay, I want to believe lol yes

The reason i believe lol yes is because IS is willing to change every couple games, so who knows

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

we'll see. If only a certain game hadn't stolen the last Direct for itself, maybe we would've gotten FE news by now...!

Look, friend, i'd take jrpg perfection any day.

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

I'd hope to see something new/different/ambitious for FE going forward, but 3H's success doesn't give me hope in that way

I love how even we 3H fans don't want 3H 2.0 xD

37 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

Fancy yourself an ally of jusrice or something

No, nothing that cliche or banal. I’m just someone who has tried to hold onto his own humanity the best he can in an insouciant existence.

3 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Ah Elise, I can't believe you were in the game even though Lissa did pretty much what you did but in a significantly better way.

I don't think there is any other character in Fates that feel as "Copy and pasted character archetype" as Elise does.

I like her best when she's paired with Siegfried, as is common knowledge by now.

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I'd hope to see something new/different/ambitious for FE going forward, but 3H's success doesn't give me hope in that way

Oof...

Just now, Shrimpy said:

The reason i believe lol yes is because IS is willing to change every couple games, so who knows

Ehh I dunno, 3H's success was big. Maybe for the sake of profit, they'll just keep going that way... But we'll see.

Just now, Shrimpy said:

Look, friend, i'd take jrpg perfection any day.

But... You already knew it was coming lol. It basically just stole the entire Direct for a glorified trailer.

Just now, Shrimpy said:

I love it too, I'll say.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I like her best when she's paired with Siegfried, as is common knowledge by now.

...Wait, who?

6 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I mean who knows! Fates was certainly something new and ambitious and it came directly after the huge success of one the most vanilla Fire Emblems there is! 

I feel the team already pretty much satisfied the Three Houses fans with Three Hopes, I'm willing to believe the next game will be different.

Let the record show, I've never played Three Houses.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

3H's success was big.

So was Awakening's

1 minute ago, GuardianSing said:

I feel the team already pretty much satisfied the Three Houses fans with Three Hopes

Ahahahahaha

Fuck hopes

2 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

..Wait, who?

You know, Siegfried!

3 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

I feel the team already pretty much satisfied the Three Houses fans with Three Hopes, I'm willing to believe the next game will be different.

1 minute ago, Shrimpy said:

So was Awakening's

That's a fair way to look at it. And I hope it is the correct one too.

9 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

ikr

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ehh I dunno, 3H's success was big. Maybe for the sake of profit, they'll just keep going that way... But we'll see.

I can see at least two 3H-type FE games being released a la AwakeFates

hopefully 3H followup is closer to Fates from a gameplay perspective at least

1 minute ago, Shrimpy said:

Fuck hopes

I'm not regretting not buying Three Hopes at this point, honestly

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

2022080322513500-A862246CB76B2B6DC14022F2022080322514900-A862246CB76B2B6DC14022F2022080322515700-A862246CB76B2B6DC14022F2022080322520000-A862246CB76B2B6DC14022F

😋

*Instantly triggers this memory*:

3 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

Considering that there's already a nude mod for RF4 Special and the creator said this...

Bcnvvhjc o

I believe that it's possible in the future. There's even a Ventuswill mod too. Just don't expect one for the male characters. Unless you wanna make one yourself

Then what is even the point????🤨 I don't get it.

Berserk Reference! | Is This a JoJo Reference? | Know Your Meme

I have no idea. It's an SMT spinoff flavored with cannibalism and East Asian flourishes.

Who are they and why is this material cursed?

Xenoblade Chronicles 2, for the full context of why its wrong XC2: Torna the Golden Country is necessary. To delve into some heavy spoilers...

Spoiler

Haze is an artificial being known as a Blade, like Pyra and Mythra. Except, unlike those two b/c they're the Aegis, Haze can't survive without being bound to another lifeform- their Driver. When a Driver dies, a Blade sleeps inside their Core Crystal, losing all memories of the life they just lived. They wait dormant to be awakened again once more.

In Torna the Golden Country, set 500 years before the Xenoblade Chronicles 2 main story, Haze belongs to a woman named Lora, with whom she is as close as sisters. 

Amalthus is a blue old man of a species that lives for a very long time. He also has absolute control over the church in XC2, and he is evil. He is responsible for Lora's murder, and then he stole Haze's crystal. He woke her up, gave her a new name, and broke her crystal, attaching half of it to himself. By doing this, Amalthus stole some of Haze's power and became a "Blade Eater". The problem with that, is that this means that Haze can now die forever which Blades usually can't, and she does get killed. Amalthus in his endgame boss battle, also happens to grow tentacles.

To not be so spoilery and more general. Pretend an evil scheming old man murdered your beloved sister, captured you and gave you total amnesia, symbiotically bound you to him -and in the case of this horrible doujin- proceeded to ravish you. I mean, for Haze herself it might (I am NOT going to look this up!) not be too bad because amnesia, but for us IRL who know her past- yikes!

On 8/4/2022 at 1:22 PM, Saint Rubenio said:

An Igavania clone but with a pair of anime girls?

I know this is from forever ago for this topic, as in "yesterday", but commenters have suggested it isn't Igavania. It's "Classicvania", Circle of the Moon, not Ritual of the Night. Having a timer in the upper right corner makes no sense for an Igavania, but for an old school action-platformer a timer is old-timey.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I can sell Three Houses.

...or, trade it in for another game, which raises the value a little. Since I bought 3H at Carrefour, this would actually net me a profit of roughly 10 bucks, a nice consolation prize for all I suffered with this game... Provided the game I trade it in for is enjoyable.

ngl I saw Metroid Dread there and it seemed like a great option. Will have to consider this further.

Are you sure the enjoyment won't be from watching us watch you say "third time ain't the charm, the franchise sure ain't for me"? Choose wisely, you needn't entertain us.

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That's a fair way to look at it. And I hope it is the correct one too.

I mean, looking at series history games do kinda come in pairs, either story wise or game play style before changing

FE1 and FE3 story wise

FE4 and FE5 as well

Same with FE6 and 7, and 8 having similar gameplay style

9-10 Tellius

11/12 being 1/3 remakes

Fates taking the elements awakening introduced, expanding it and making legit great gameplay with it

3 Houses also shares gameplay Elements with Echoes, and had 3 Copes as a "follow up"

Going by series history we should get something new next

Like no matter how much they fuck up, IS does try new stuff every couple games

8 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

m not regretting not buying Three Hopes at this point, honestly

Man, am i glad i bought it with a coupon from my mobile provider for renewing contract or i would be hella pissed for paying 60€

And i will sell it soon to get something else

Now, Xenoblade 3... that game worth a 100 bucks

Edited by Shrimpy

With all this Three Houses talk I decided to finally buy the game.

It wont arrive while I'm here but when I do get back it'll be one of the games to play along with Xenoblade.

14 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

I mean, looking at series history games do kinda come in pairs, either story wise or game play style before changing

FE1 and FE3 story wise

FE4 and FE5 as well

Same with FE6 and 7, and 8 having similar gameplay style

9-10 Tellius

11/12 being 1/3 remakes

Fates taking the elements awakening introduced, expanding it and making legit great gameplay with it

3 Houses also shares gameplay Elements with Echoes, and had 3 Copes as a "follow up"

Going by series history we should get something new next

Like no matter how much they fuck up, IS does try new stuff every couple games

I trust them on that matter. I mean they're not Mario Sports team.

57 minutes ago, Awoken Dayni said:

Well that's some public domain funhouse shit there. Apparently a remake though.

Reveal hidden contents

RIP Ode Iou.

Emperor preserve us all.

So I just

Spoiler

Seen Mio revealed as "M" 

And that "N" was stuck in a loop where Mio and him were separated, causing him to go crazy and side with Moebius in hopes for Eternity with her.

Poor guy, worst luck ever.