• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 hour ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Oof. Yeah, she flies, so she has that same arrow weakness the Pegasii and Wyverns do.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

@Benice 🤝 Guardiansing

Getting powerful characters killed somehow.

1 hour ago, Punished Dayni said:

Oh yeah, she takes effective damage from bows. Consequence for flying I suppose.

I often wonder what makes arrows so effective against flying units in the first place...

Two fun little strategy notes for this map. First off killing the boss in bottom left hand corner ends the chapter immediately, although that is a rather risky maneuver to go for on an ironmann. Second you can rescue Mansel, and drop him off in easily defensible treasure room in the left.

I might have to do that next run.

Chapter 20 went by fast...

Nothing particularly interesting happened on that map, at least nothing that I took a screenshot of.

More male Manaketes would be a start.

How many male Manaketes are there anyways?

Actually, don't tell me, I'll find out myself when I play through these games.

Well, a corpse fighting in your army. How appropriate for this game in particular to do it.

We used the corpse possession to destroy the corpse possessor.

40 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Phew boy, at this point you've lost like... how many again?

Shhhh...

I should've put a death counter on, but at the moment I think it's around 10.

Just now, Edelguardiansing said:

Shhhh...

That's almost a third of the total party.

If paying attention to the Russian-Ukraine war taught me anything, is that it's generally considered a unit becomes Combat Ineffective at about 30% casualties or so. So you're almost there.

4 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

often wonder what makes arrows so effective against flying units in the first place

Maybe they run under the logic "they can actually hit someone airborne".

Therefore, its a weakness.

I think the logic there is that the arrow strike disrupts the mount's flying momentum. More so if they manage to hit a wing. So the effective damage, and specially if it's a one-shot as most tend to be, is that they fall and crash-land.

But well, that can't really be what happens for every case, possibly.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Getting powerful characters killed somehow.

How dare you, everybody knows that Harken isn't a very strong unit.

Lord knows I've already left all of these out in the open for everybody to read potential spoilers but god, if you haven't played Sacred Stones, please avoid this post like the plague if you wish to remain surprised.

ZWQPd7n.pngPJXc6zq.png

Tell 'em.

VBhNv0U.png

This will be the team I'm leading into the final battle apparently. I sort of benched Ephraim assuming that I was going to save time for him on his own route and not realizing that the final battle was force me to use him so he is very much underleveled but I'll deal with it.

ZIbOlWI.png

WHAT.

by3QgmV.png

W H Y

CBjuRkb.png

Jesus fuck!

KwgBE4f.pngybQI8mj.png

Oh my god.

OiTACkB.png45EXuwW.png

Alright, after about an hour of pain, we finally get to witness beloved Lyon's last words.

sF5qu4e.pngiHfpl6N.png

14f6Al9.pngovsa8yV.png

Oh boy.

g5kwezI.png

Hmmm

...Kind of looks dumb to be honest.

Ut47wcM.png

I take it back, Jesus Christ I hope whoever did that got a raise.

xWfI3tj.png

Welp, that's the first attempt failed, lets try again.

NfIU7Ue.png3y9ByoC.pngMVewDVU.png

Gaming™

tBanuSz.png

Aww, Satoru Iwata. This game is making me cry for a whole bunch of reasons.

1J07KY0.pngSRSJfUH.pngfiucTqm.pngdZSux0A.png

Thank god I didn't play this game on the original GBA because I would've gotten it wet from all the tears.

ldekLJp.png

Ruled by Madness lol

RrKozRC.pngo546und.png

And there is Eirika's story finished.

But we are not done with Sacred Stones yet for I have a save at the route split that I kept so that I could do another shorter run just going through Ephraim's chapters as well as the endgame.

I also got a little spoiled at the apparent monster campaign thing where you can play as previously non-playable characters, so I may try a bit of that.

But even though I have a lot more to do, I feel decently confident in where this game will go on the tierlist.

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

Maybe they run under the logic "they can actually hit someone airborne".

Therefore, its a weakness.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I think the logic there is that the arrow strike disrupts the mount's flying momentum. More so if they manage to hit a wing. So the effective damage, and specially if it's a one-shot as most tend to be, is that they fall and crash-land.

But well, that can't really be what happens for every case, possibly.

Fair enough.

Edited by Edelguardiansing

Congrats on finishing the game!

1 minute ago, Edelguardiansing said:

ldekLJp.png

Ruled by Madness lol

Over... were you level grinding against Orson or what!?

3 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

1J07KY0.pngSRSJfUH.pngfiucTqm.pngdZSux0A.png

Thank god I didn't play this game on the original GBA because It would've gotten it wet from all the tears.

Lyon is certainly a fascinating character. You're in for the rest of the treat.

29 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Congrats on finishing the game!

Thank ya!

29 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Over... were you level grinding against Orson or what!?

I was grinding for supports since I had only gotten one at that point.

9 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Oh god, I didn't think about the implications of her riding a horse with naught but a skirt and undergarments to protect her crotch.

That's something all pegasus riders deal with I suppose.

Anime is more important than buttock health

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

He might have one of the most uninspired designs in FE8, but he does have personality for sure. On the downright wacky side perhaps b/c painting or dozing off on the battlefield, but perhaps his lackluster appearance is what keeps it feeling restrained. He retains enough realism that you know he can take war seriously, and he has his brotherhood to add another little facet.

I dunno, I thought his design was pretty cool. The ponytail may be mundane, but it's not something that is often seen in this series, and his armor is pretty unique.

9 hours ago, Rain_ said:

Sup guys

Hello!

8 hours ago, Punished Dayni said:

Why does this sound like a lo-fi version of it's in game track?

Found the TRS original soundtrack was on SF's site and I have to admit some instrumentation can throw me off on recognising some of these tracks. It also makes some tracks sound different enough from what's in game and I don't necessarily prefer the soundtrack versions over the ingame tracks, but that's an impression that I developed earlier on I don't fully agree with.

I don't know why, but official arranged soundtracks often tend to sound... Off, for these games.

6 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

pn1mM7X.png

I ship it.

It's better than Ephrika.

Of her official romantic endings... Eh, I think I like her best with Forde. Seth has the personality of a rock on the railway and Innes... I mean, I like him, but he's Innes.

5 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Oof. Yeah, she flies, so she has that same arrow weakness the Pegasii and Wyverns do.

That has always thrown me for a loop. I mean, she's clearly standing on the ground!

4 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Shhhh...

Death count:

- Boulder

- The rest

Result: F try again

2 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

VBhNv0U.png

This will be the team I'm leading into the final battle apparently. I sort of benched Ephraim assuming that I was going to save time for him on his own route and not realizing that the final battle was force me to use him so he is very much underleveled but I'll deal with it

Severe lack of Knoll there. Or Ewan, at any rate. Why I'm saying is, treat yourself to a summoner in Eph's route, they're really really fun. Preferably before chapter 21

Ruled by Madness lol

A very slow madness.

there is Eirika's story finished.

But we are not done with Sacred Stones yet for I have a save at the route split that I kept so that I could do another shorter run just going through Ephraim's chapters as well as the endgame.

I also got a little spoiled at the apparent monster campaign thing where you can play as previously non-playable characters, so I may try a bit of that.

But even though I have a lot more to do, I feel decently confident in where this game will go on the tierlist.

Well, don't leave us in suspense! How many boulders out of ten?

33 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It's better than Ephrika.

Of her official romantic endings... Eh, I think I like her best with Forde. Seth has the personality of a rock on the railway and Innes... I mean, I like him, but he's Innes.

Oh this game has romantic pairings? 

And they say modern Fire Emblem is all about shipping.

I should grind for more supports in Ephraim's route, I'd like to learn more about these characters I was just in a bit of a rush to beat the game.

39 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Severe lack of Knoll there. Or Ewan, at any rate. Why I'm saying is, treat yourself to a summoner in Eph's route, they're really really fun. Preferably before chapter 21

For a handful of characters I thought it would be more appropriate to wait until Eph's route before using, including Knoll and Dussel.

Ewan on the other hand was just bad and I didn't feel like training him.

42 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, don't leave us in suspense! How many boulders out of ten?

Well zero, because he died

But seriously.

JBULyeu.png

Badaboom

Also Three Houses even though I've only played one route so far.

6 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Ninian outright orders that nobody should move Nils. Why? IDK. SomethingsomethingNil'ssecret? Also, the onset of puberty.

Natalie has her leg condition, she must be handled with care.

"Also, the onset of puberty"

Yeah, I do get Natalie's to be fair and she's in a better defensible place than the others would be.

5 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

I often wonder what makes arrows so effective against flying units in the first place...

The basic idea seems to be that they're more likely to hit the pegasi and take them and rider out of the sky.

3 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

...Kind of looks dumb to be honest.

Ut47wcM.png

I take it back, Jesus Christ I hope whoever did that got a raise.

Formortiis, you have to admit he is stylish for a demon.

37 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

because modern FE shipping will always end up with happily ever after flavor text. while GBA game shipping not. cant remember about FE8, but in FE7 theres even paired ending where the man and woman separated despite loving each other. there was several bittersweet paired ending. now? its all flower and rainbow butterflies, no.matter.what

27 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Formortiis, you have to admit he is stylish for a demon.

agreed. you can tell he's a demon without him telling you he's a demon

Edited by joevar

17 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Oh this game has romantic pairings? 

Well, not universal. Some characters have a handful of paired endings. Not all support chains end in a paired ending, and not all of them are romantic - for instance, Dozla and L'Arachel have an ending and it explicitly says she married someone else.

I should grind for more supports in Ephraim's route, I'd like to learn more about these characters I was just in a bit of a rush to beat the game.

Please do. There are some great supports in this game, such as Knoll/Natasha and anything that contains Dozla.

For a handful of characters I thought it would be more appropriate to wait until Eph's route before using, including Knoll and Dussel.

I see. Fair enough.

Ewan on the other hand was just bad and I didn't feel like training him.

He's the only other shaman in the game. Meaning the only other summoner in the game. That's something.

Well zero, because he died

Non canon route.

To be fair, Eph route has the superior Lyon anyway. You'll see what I mean.

But seriously.

JBULyeu.png

Badaboom

Also Three Houses even though I've only played one route so far.

S? Wow, not bad.

30 minutes ago, joevar said:

because modern FE shipping will always end up with happily ever after flavor text. while GBA game shipping not. cant remember about FE8, but in FE7 theres even paired ending where the man and woman separated despite loving each other. there was several bittersweet paired ending. now? its all flower and rainbow butterflies, no.matter.what

Yeah, there are a handful of more bittersweet endings in that one. Though, to be honest, I always found a bunch of them to be super arbitrary.

Spoiler

Namely, Priscilla. Even back in the old FEs the "can't marry because of status" stuff was practically never brought up. It was only that one specific character... And for her it actually made no sense, because her noble house was long gone! Of all the characters to bring up such concerns for, why the one who has nobody left to pressure her? It's not like her adoptive family would be an issue either, Pent and Louise do far more scandalous shit on a daily basis lol

30 minutes ago, joevar said:

agreed. you can tell he's a demon without him telling you he's a demon

And then he tells you he's a demon anyway.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Pent and Louise do far more scandalous shit on a daily basis lol

Pent and Louise weren't in BB because they were sent to horny jail.

19 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Come to think of it, does Sasha actually have a serious love interest? Luca is implied to have a thing for her, but that never goes anywhere.

Spoiler

I don't think so. Her main arc's looking for her dad after the first split (with the other route's story for her being more about another character) and I can't remember any after that beyond Kate-related stuff.

6 minutes ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

jQlGc9P.png

I mean wouldn't you feel safe behind that bear?

3 hours ago, joevar said:

but in FE7 theres even paired ending where the man and woman separated despite loving each other.

FE7 is kinda in a tight spot because it's a prequel. I mean, the ship you're talking about could've still worked but then you get other ships that don't work out because plot reasons.

30 minutes ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

nZkM2Sp.png
cznAN0W.png

jQlGc9P.png

Damn they made a manga about America?

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I always found a bunch of them to be super arbitrary.

then that makes it super-duper-arbitrary for me with many of 3 houses ending flavor text

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Pent and Louise do far more scandalous shit on a daily basis lol

i love that actually. more characterization, even if its for the wrong reason. but i doubt IS is daring enough to do that anymore

12 minutes ago, Armagon said:

FE7 is kinda in a tight spot because it's a prequel. I mean, the ship you're talking about could've still worked but then you get other ships that don't work out because plot reasons.

yes, but ships that work or not due to plot reason at least has more reason than no reason at all why every possible combination of ships could work. why are we not getting harem if every ship could work, smh

Edited by joevar