Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

I'd say, the first attack always makes me laugh.

Like, I'm sure it's not that big of an issue in the origin series, but in the Z1 world the moon ain't exactly empty there. lol

Also, the second one I can only think: "Rolling Twin Buster Rifle impression, go!"

Edited by Acacia Sgt

• Replies 177.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Y’know, I remember Armagon saying that Cold Steel IV was basically Avengers: Endgame, and if that’s the case, this game is the first Avengers. Or Infinity War, depending on how you wanna look at it.

That's actually Reverie, and for more than just endgame.

And now he asks God to forgive their sins after Runan skewered him.

Well, not forgiving you for nearly blowing up my guy from afar.

Spoiler

And then I had to seize, because a girl turned into a dragon at the request of a man named Poem.

I can see how she could mistake him for her brother with that name.

1 minute ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

Sakurai spittin facts

That last bit about more naturally weaving tutorials into the game coming some day, looking forward to that for sure.

14 minutes ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

JunaErebonians.jpg

saved

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

So which one is No Way Home?

Kuro, probably.

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

That's actually Reverie, and for more than just endgame.

Well it did seem like it in that one video you posted and from that character tier list I accidentally found.

16 minutes ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

Sakurai spittin facts

Sakurai making a case for starting games in medias res but man, Persona 5 was like the worst possible example he could've picked.

uq6d59Y.png

Jesus fuck.

eVHdX1M.png

Alright, we survived the battle with no casualties.

jwba3gX.pngrJel2Oq.png

Same energy.

fkdSDSX.png

In the next battle, Artur bit the dust, which I neither have a save state nor a dedication to go back and save him so...I'm just gonna have to deal with that.

0z2TENE.png

Now this is a ship I can get behind.

f5gTtUW.png

And now we have these two on our team which I swear to god I'll use this time.

IsRXJAC.png

Jesus Christ, good ships all around.

zvA03wP.png

Aww, child soldiers hanging out.

I4ohhUS.png

All alone.

WRgEmGn.png

I'm guising this was supposed to be a somber moment but with the cheery "We are about to win!" map music playing in the background I just can't take it seriously.

iBQFSbC.pnggfDpFOq.png

That's just sweet.

xRTp9yb.png

After the battle I decided to promote Moulder to a priest, both so he can have a more of a use in later chapters and so he can replace Artur with light magic.

4 minutes ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

I’m glad to see you’re finally enjoying peak fiction once more Shrimp-kun!

3x.gif

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Sakurai making a case for starting games in medias res but man, Persona 5 was like the worst possible example he could've picked.

Yeah when he went in media res i actually went "nope" irl lo

6 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

In the next battle, Artur bit the dust, which I neither have a save state nor a dedication to go back and save him so...I'm just gonna have to deal with that.

Look on the bright side, it was just Artur.

5 minutes ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

Yeah when he went in media res i actually went "nope" irl lo

Should've shown 13 Sentinels or Odin Sphere instead.

But instead we got a rare Sakurai L, ya hate to see it.

33 minutes ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

Sakurai spittin facts

Kaga: "I am going to write a cutscene that lasts an hour and a half, and you are going to enjoy it."

17 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

xRTp9yb.png

After the battle I decided to promote Moulder to a priest, both so he can have a more of a use in later chapters and so he can replace Artur with light magic.

I must say, I've always been fond of sage Moulder. His massive con is better suited for anima magic, and in fact, he's the only anima user in the entire game who does not lose speed from Excalibur. Everyone else is so badly weighed down that it negates the tome's +5 speed bonus, but Moulder actually gains three speed because he's only weighed down by 2. Impressive! Of course, getting him there is not easy, but oh well.

2 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Should have used Fates as an example. Or Echoes.

Fates doesn't do in media res, though, it does in garon res. It is a rare writing technique where the storyline begins in between poorly written plot devices.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

(CS3 spoilers above)

Spoiler

That is still the funniest name I've ever seen.

...Maybe on par with Tirado. Maybe.

56 minutes ago, Benice said:

This means that your memory has much womb for improvement.

You say you're feeling a bit scatterbrained, and yet your punning talent remains unscathed.

I suppose there is a certain irony of this coming from the mastermind behind Smash Tour. A mode best played by starting it, then doing literally anything else until it's over.

Or the game rolls Homerun Contest, which for whatever reason is the single thing in that mode requiring any kind of player input.

1 minute ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

Isn't Fates' prologue a Corn prediction and not in media Res?

On that logic Robin was dreaming about Grima's memories during the failed possession, not in media Res either.

... same for Celica too, come to think of it, she's also just dreaming.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

hPPF0ch.jpg

Charlie has his priorities straight, I see.

3 hours ago, Sooks said:

kfBX1Vk.jpg

Should we take this to mean that Altina is your religion?

2 hours ago, Sooks said:

Huh… so it does. How the time flies.

Are you gonna start it immediately?

If I'm in the mood to do so... which is to say, most likely.

If I do I'll have gone two days without playing Trails, which is the longest I've gone without playing it in almost four months.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Juna based as always.

Yes.

S1Xe9AA.jpg

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I can't believe Sakurai lost all his credibility. Setting aside the fact that he liked Cyberpunk 2077, of course.

2 minutes ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

Isn't Fates' prologue a Corn prediction and not in media Res?

It's in garon res, I just said it!

1 minute ago, BrightBow said:

I suppose there is a certain irony of this coming from the mastermind behind Smash Tour. A mode best played by starting it, then doing literally anything else until it's over.

Or the game rolls Homerun Contest, which for whatever reason is the single thing in that mode requiring any kind of player input.

I always found it odd how Smash 4 on Wii U was just better than the 3DS version in every single way... except for the single player game mode.

Smash Run was awesome. I played it quite a bit back in the day. By comparison, Smash Tour was just... well, Smash Tour.

23 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

IsRXJAC.png

Jesus Christ, good ships all around.

They're from a desert kingdom, what are you on about?

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I must say, I've always been fond of sage Moulder. His massive con is better suited for anima magic, and in fact, he's the only anima user in the entire game who does not lose speed from Excalibur. Everyone else is so badly weighed down that it negates the tome's +5 speed bonus, but Moulder actually gains three speed because he's only weighed down by 2. Impressive! Of course, getting him there is not easy, but oh well.

OK, but 36-Might Aura nukes, though :]

37 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I'd say, the first attack always makes me laugh.

Like, I'm sure it's not that big of an issue in the origin series, but in the Z1 world the moon ain't exactly empty there. lol

Also, the second one I can only think: "Rolling Twin Buster Rifle impression, go!"

wasnt SRW Z at least has Gundam X? the one where moon is one giant autonomous base

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Indeed, it was very memorable. Shame it took me a while to finally see DYRL after the original series... which admittedly was as Robotech.

altho the original Macross really shows itself as 80's anime. it has random moment you will hardly find unless its goofy anime like gintama:

bdc

best parenting in anime