• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Just... the idea of someone like you by this point still not aware of the term JRPG...

Well, I'm not really that much of a video game buff... The only franchises where I've played multiple games of are FE, Zelda and Mario, and I've only played 3d world and Galaxies 1/2 for Mario.

Just now, Benice said:

Yiss! Windows 10 on a seven-year old computer. That should work. 

Absolutely. Trails in the Sky is a PC game from 2005. Def get the PC version. Graphics look much better. It also has turbo mode that you can use to speed up the game up to 16x IIRC if the game plays too slow for your liking.

And you get to play the game where Bestelle is the protagonist.

tumblr_mca0cshaFa1qlpk58o1_400.gif

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

And you get to play the game where Bestelle is the protagonist.

Can't wait until I end up disliking her and everyone gets mad at me

Losing sucks for sure, but when you choke and make a mistake last second right as your about to win? Demoralizing for sure. 

Still, giving up isnt me, so onward!

Edited by lightcosmo

Just now, Benice said:

Can't wait until I end up disliking her and everyone gets mad at me

233695707289223169.png?v=1

Jk

Based on the little bits of info you've mentioned about Faye and some Berwick characters, I think you'll like her quite a bit.

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Losing sucks for sure, but when you choke and make a mistake last second right as your about to win? Demoralizing for sure. 

Still, giving up isnt me, so onward!

gah! That would hurt.

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

233695707289223169.png?v=1

Jk

Based on the little bits of info you've mentioned about Faye and some Berwick characters, I think you'll like her quite a bit.

I do expect to really like her, simply 'cause she's universally loved. Looking forwards to this!

That reminds me I also need to play Trails FC. Well, I did said long ago I'd maybe do it after my DQ Marathon... which is more or less on hold, pft.

I blame CK2, took most of my gaming time recently, hahaha. Writing taking the rest.

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

I see what you meant when you said the dialogue was in Japanese. Weird. Especially since patched game was originally the USA version.

So you reached Chapter 3x, too, I see. Hopefully you'll have better luck than I did! Beware of surprise reinforcements!
I recommend using your mounted units to rescue-drop the civilians on the eastern side of the map. No enemy should be able to reach them there and you can protect them easier that way.
Grace died for you, didn't she? So her recruitment/survival wasn't needed, after all. I wonder if that chapter really does unlock automatically, then.

31 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

RIP Grace

I only recruited you for a moment before you were killed by a peg knight. *womp womp*

Sheesh twilitfalchion, you too? How many must follow Benice’s insane example.

Just now, DragonFlames said:

So you reached Chapter 3x, too, I see. Hopefully you'll have better luck than I did! Beware of surprise reinforcements!
I recommend using your mounted units to rescue-drop the civilians on the eastern side of the map. No enemy should be able to reach them there and you can protect them easier that way.
Grace died for you, didn't she? So her recruitment/survival wasn't needed, after all. I wonder if that chapter really does unlock automatically, then.

Thanks.

Well, turn 1 and almost all the civilians were killed. Should've rescue dropped. Oof.

Well, I did recruit her, but she was killed on the very next turn because she was just in range of a peg knight.

5 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Thanks.

Well, turn 1 and almost all the civilians were killed. Should've rescue dropped. Oof.

Well, I did recruit her, but she was killed on the very next turn because she was just in range of a peg knight.

You must us the tactics of the enemy against them twilit.

6 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Thanks.

The best thing to do is see which enemies can reach which civilians and then make those enemies a priority, while every unit you don't need to kill them can rescue the villagers most in danger (like the ones on the left and lower sides). Also, Grace could have recruited that Richter person.
But what am I doing giving you tips when I'm stuck on that chapter myself?

6 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

F for Grace.
And Richter. XD

Edited by DragonFlames

5 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

The best thing to do is see which enemies can reach which civilians and then make those enemies a priority, while every unit you don't need to kill them can rescue the villagers most in danger (like the ones on the left and lower sides). Also, Grace could have recruited that Richter person.
But what am I doing giving you tips when I'm stuck on that chapter myself?

Hey, I’m glad to get any advice. Thanks.

5 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

F for Grace.
And Richter. XD

Indeed. 
Richter in particular met the business end of LissaAudrey’s axe, lol.

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:
Hey, I’m glad to get any advice. Thanks.

You're welcome! ^^

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Indeed. 
Richter in particular met the business end of LissaAudrey’s axe, lol.

Hah! Nice. XD
I Alondite'd him once or twice before I figured out that a) he was recruitable, and b) how to recruit him.
The latter came about due to sheer coincidence. I moved Grace and saw that Richter had a speech bubble above his head.