• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Yeah! I started a randomized run of FE8, and summoner Seth! (Well, Saleh, but taking Seth's place.) Cormag is the lovely princess of Renais, and they kinda suck...

Spoiler

Saleh is kinda absurd, though. Very slow, but 18 magic is superb.

Wait...Elimine dangit, Wyvern riders have four movement! At least summoners got 7... Brigands and pupils also seem to have four movement, and archers have 5. And literally every weapon I've seen so far has three might.

EDIT:

Wooot! Gilliam is now Monk Marisa, and Lightning actually is quite good, as are Marisa's stats! ...And Franz is Eirika. A thief. Hey, a thief! Not gonna complain about dat.

EDIT 2:

Hah! Tana is Seth! Other ''n that... Duessel is a peggie with...Not great stats, Franz is a cleric who is worse than Elen. Lovely. Slim lances are pretty good, at least.

ANNNNNDD...Tana is Ross. But a knight. AAAAAA-

Garcia is now Hayden, and an archer with okay stats.

Selena just gave me a member card! Okay then... The other village netted me a steel axe, which is basically a brave axe, including the brave effect.

Well frick. An unlock staff. Well, uh, no way to get softlocked now?

Well R.I.P, fliers with 1-2 range got Franz killed. Not gonna reset for him, though. Getting doubled by enemies with 4 AS is not good.

I also really wish Saleh's only weapon had more than 50 hit...

Chapter 3, and Dozla/Neimi join the chat! A mage with very middling-to-poor stats, but a mage is a mage. Six movement is also pretty nice. Fire tomes don't seem to be too terrible, either...

Saleh got a perfect level in his first one. I particularly appreciate the + 3 to hit that it'll give.

Ewan the cavalier replaced Colm! Pretty bad stats overall, but a high defense makes me think that he'll be worthwhile. 12 Con is great, and cavs still have 6 movement, which is more moblie than most of my army. Hey, this also means he and Dozla can support easily!

Rescue staff in chapter three! Nice! Saleh has an A in staves at base, so this works out just splendidly. I also got another steel axe. Not that I mind, if I get an axe user, it'll be a good tool.

Killer lance! I sure love weapons with 33 crit and an Eclipse effect! Pretty sure Eclipse can't crit, but I don't know for certain. If it can...Hmhmhmhm...Uweeheeheheeeee!

Oh god...Bazba nearly softlocked me...Only phantoms can both hit and damage him. Yikes.

And the phantoms, including the throne heals, deal one damage per turn with a 45% hitrate. Ugh...

Edited by Benice

*A chopper comes flying in playing Richard Wagner’s Ride of the Valkyries. As it nears the ground Wraith is pitched out of one of the chopper’s sides. The chopper then proceeds to fly away as Wraith lies face down on the ground surrounded by empty whisky bottles.*

Edited by Wraith

3 minutes ago, Wraith said:

*A chopper comes flying in playing Richard Wagner’s Ride of the Valkyries. As it nears the ground Wraith is pitched out of one of the chopper’s sides. The chopper then proceeds to fly away as Wraith lies face down on the ground surrounded by empty whisky bottles.*

R.I.P.

16 minutes ago, Julian Teehee said:

Well, coming in is quite the task. I'm standing in the longest queue (~ 800 m) I've ever been involved. And the progress is very slow. At least I have seen one Kasumi yet. Hope to see some more...

What are you up to Teehee man?

9 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Nice! Thanks for the heads-up!

EDIT: Nice chapter!

Spoiler

I swear, if Chloe/Kuro dies, I'm gonna riot! XD

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

tenor.gif?itemid=14019029

Best part is: it happened again while I was replaying.

5 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

@twilitfalchion @DragonFlames Ch3x wasn't that bad. Not easy, but not super tough, either. Only had to retry once due to an oversight and an archer sniping a villager.

If you play very aggresively the enemy shouldn't even be able to enter the village proper 😉

I know I suck, no need to rub it in! >.<
Just kidding, I know that's not how you meant it. XD

After a while, I reached a point where I could keep the villagers safe (just tuck them away on the right side of the map), but I couldn't get Hestia (Mage-chan, who by the way strongly reminds me of Francis Drake from Fate/Extra/Extella Link) to safety from the armors that spawned. And I still have to do very specific things to keep all the villagers safe during the first few turns (such as use someone to block the stairs on the lower right).

Also, in the armory there, you can buy a Silver Blade.

5 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

@twilitfalchion @DragonFlames According to the creator, the newest version doesn't have tl from chapter 3-2 to ch6.

Ngl i really miss the old ch4 though. It was such an amazing chapter.

Ah, I see. Good to know! Means I will fly blind in terms of hints towards reinforcements and the like from now on.
Awesome!

5 hours ago, Julian Teehee said:

It's time to go to the convention. I don't feel like to go because weather sucks right now, but I paid money for two days, so I have to visit it on one day at least. I have no idea what will await me since it's a mass event where multiple tenthousand people should come, so this will be a big surprise. Just will look out for some goodies; maybe a Persona or Atelier figure at best. Falcom stuff won't be offered for sure unfortunately.

Have fun and take care! ^^

Edited by DragonFlames

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

With the 3D Mario craze still in the air, i've modified some of my opinions after thinking about it.

And so, i have spoken:

3d-super-mario-games-1601093639.png

Anyways, look forward to my tierlist on each of Galaxy 1's Galaxies.

Hm. Both Galaxies higher than Odyssey is a bit surprising, ngl.

image.png.93b584f16236bc7aa43f9f900fcdf39b.png

This is how I'd rank them, personally. DS gets thrown to bottom tier for no other reason than butchering the smooth controls of the original.

6 hours ago, Julian Teehee said:

It's time to go to the convention. I don't feel like to go because weather sucks right now, but I paid money for two days, so I have to visit it on one day at least. I have no idea what will await me since it's a mass event where multiple tenthousand people should come, so this will be a big surprise. Just will look out for some goodies; maybe a Persona or Atelier figure at best. Falcom stuff won't be offered for sure unfortunately.

Late good morning, but stay safe! 👍

6 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

@twilitfalchion @DragonFlames According to the creator, the newest version doesn't have tl from chapter 3-2 to ch6.

Ngl i really miss the old ch4 though. It was such an amazing chapter.

Ah, I see. Good to know. Thanks.

4 hours ago, Wraith said:

F

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

Best part is: it happened again while I was replaying.

Man...

tenor.gif?itemid=9675444

F F F F F

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Man...

tenor.gif?itemid=9675444

F F F F F

Yeah... it sucks.
But I managed to reach Chapter 5, which is a prison escape map with Fog of War...
Great! /s

Chapter 4 was fun, but not knowing what to do with that house at first kinda sucked. Thank goodness for save states. XD
I did ultimately figure out that it destroys the bridge and cut off reinforcements from behind, though.

Edited by DragonFlames

6 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Brian is fine. But I couldn't recruit Rem in time. She escaped before I could talk to her with Isaac.

Oh, that sucks! RIP.
She's really good as a unit, not just as a thief. Give her Levin Swords and she can wipe the floor with most enemies on her own. It's amazing!

---

Status staves (namely Sleep) + Fog of War?
F*** this map.

Edited by DragonFlames