Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

I'd probably never play fangames, there's something crude and gutter-y about them to me, even though I do recognize they're labors of intricate love and sometimes self-aggrandizement that in practice isn't fun. And praise be to every not-memey fan translation to exist.

--

Been doing a bit of reading for a change. I read through a breezy 230 pages on the history of walls. And now I intend to read a 700+ page tome on the history of intelligence and espionage from the start of human civilization to the present day.

• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Ngl, the more I play this hack, the more I dislike it.

Map design is good, but the multiple waves of reinforcements one after the other is annoying. It doesn't feel difficult, more tedious than anything.

And RIP Brian and Audrey, because those ridiculously powerful enemies that appeared in the picture I shared just destroyed them.

EDIT: RIP Axe Armor guy. And it looks like Hestia is about to get destroyed by the Mage Knight.

Edited by twilitfalchion

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

Map design is good, but the multiple waves of reinforcements one after the other is annoying.

Wait, doesn't that mean the map design is bad?

Anyways, I'm now at chapter 3, looking forwards to 3x.

45 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I lost two villagers myself. It's ridiculously hard not to.

Yeah... either your units die or the villagers do.
It's infuriating.

19 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Ngl, the more I play this hack, the more I dislike it.

I agree.
I mean, I don't mind difficulty, challenge, or failing over and over (see my posts about NoA2 and my numerous attempts to defeat Arnice), but this hack is close to bringing me to the point where I am convinced I am too stupid to play Fire Emblem.
Demoralizing is a good word to describe what this hack feels like to me.

Edited by DragonFlames

The worst part is how the enemy quality of the reinforcements spikes out of nowhere.

Soldiers and cavs with steel and iron lances become a Mage Knight that can attack at 2-range with a silver sword and a shaman-type character with a noble rapier that OHKO's armor axe guy.

Everyone's talking about Age of Calamity (understandably, it does look pretty good) but i'm more excited for Atelier Ryza 2 tbh. Now if only they gave a release date. They've been showing a lot these past few weeks so it has to be January at the latest (which technically counts as "this winter" since winter doesn't end until March).

8 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Best part is: it happened again while I was replaying.

Bruh.

6 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

Hm. Both Galaxies higher than Odyssey is a bit surprising, ngl.

I put Odyssey at the end of A-tier because while it's a damn good game, i do hope it's philosophy of "scatter Moons all over the place" is a one-and-done thing. Of course, i won't complain if we get an Odyssey 2 (though with hopefully a lot less Moons) but I really do prefer the more traditional way of getting the Stars. It feels more rewarding imo and it's why i put Sunshine over Odyssey even if the latter has stronger level design.

6 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

DS gets thrown to bottom tier for no other reason than butchering the smooth controls of the original.

I played 64DS on the 3DS, which allowed use of the Circle Pad and that made things way easier, so i can't really say i felt the controls were butchered.

5 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

The worst part is how the enemy quality of the reinforcements spikes out of nowhere.

Soldiers and cavs with steel and iron lances become a Mage Knight that can attack at 2-range with a silver sword and a shaman-type character with a noble rapier that OHKO's armor axe guy.

Oof.
Are those in Chapter 6, too?

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Bruh.

My laptop has issues with that kind of stuff lately.
I don't know where it came from.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

i'm more excited for Atelier Ryza 2 tbh.

Same, actually.
I love Atelier games, after all! Probably my... no, definitely my second favorite franchise by now, after Neptunia.

Edited by DragonFlames

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

played 64DS on the 3DS, which allowed use of the Circle Pad and that made things way easier, so i can't really say i felt the controls were butchered.

Thing is though, even with the Circle Pad, the game still only registers 8 directions, unlike the full 360* movement of the original. But I'm glad you enjoyed it though. I did like the idea of multiple characters to choose from.

15 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Tbh, I think you'll like the hack quite a bit. It reminds me a lot of FE6's gameplay and maps.

IljGDyo.jpg

So far, it's been pretty eh. The reason I like FE6 is the Quality>Quantity design philosophy for enemy units, which few other FEs have.

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

Yeah, I posted a screenshot of the moment before disaster on the prev page.

I lost 4 units in two turns because of those OP reinforcements.

Oh yeah, I saw the screenshot. I just didn't recognize Chapter 6 for whatever reason. My bad!

And that is yikes. Very, very yikes.

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

Oh yeah, I saw the screenshot. I just didn't recognize Chapter 6 for whatever reason. My bad!

And that is yikes. Very, very yikes.

Np. It really surprised me to see the jump in enemy quality. It was going pretty well too.

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

IljGDyo.jpg

So far, it's been pretty eh. The reason I like FE6 is the Quality>Quantity design philosophy for enemy units, which few other FEs have.

I see. Gotcha.

Seems like the newly added chapters might need a bit of playtesting, hmm.

Gotta say though, reinforcements are something hacks rarely do well. Dunno about TNH new chapters because i didn't play em yet,  but alot of hacks just spam reinforcements without end.

57 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

It reminds me a lot of FE6's gameplay and maps.

It's much more FE5 than FE6, or i wouldn't have been rec'ing it xD

42 minutes ago, Benice said:

The reason I like FE6 is the Quality>Quantity design philosophy for enemy units, which few other FEs have.

?????

FE6?

Also the games with good enemy quality are Fe3/12, FE10, Conquest and 3H.

FE6 is more like bullshit player unit quality because good player units wipe those enemy units out no problem

35 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Also the games with good enemy quality are Fe3/12, FE10, Conquest and 3H.

One thing to mention about RD, alot of the enemies have steel blade, steel sword, and nothing else. Kinda lazy with the enemy inventories, IMO. Like I could bring up the games data right now and look up enemy inventories and see 80% of their sword units with those 2 weapons.

Other than that, it's got good design.

Edited by lightcosmo

8 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

3H

I...I really do beg to differ, here. Like, Fighter Lysithea should be dead weight. But no. She doubles and ORKO's everything in sight, and any logical build snaps the game in half. Enemy quality in Three Houses is VERY low. Heck, Byleth can solo maddening mode, and the most efficient way to get Renown is to Byleth solo Normal or Hard.

Also, the fact that the Death Knight, who is supposed to be nearly impossible to kill, can be OHKO'd by Lysithea is really sad.

17 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

FE6 is more like bullshit player unit quality because good player units wipe those enemy units out no problem

I think we should probably just agree to disagree. This sure ain't going anywhere.

PtTmlAV.png

Okay, I can overlook girls named Rem and Mythra, because those are just cute references, and the characters look/are nothing like their namesakes, but this guy is just straight up Cu Chulainn from Fate. Just with a different name. And no Gae Bolg.
Even down to his trash tier luck.

Also, this hack's story is edge, edge, edge, and yet more edge. Though I probably shouldn't be saying that considering my own """"""writing""""""".

Edited by DragonFlames

...Eirika was replaced by Fado. She's a six movement armor knight.

Could be worse.

HOLY CRAP EWAN/FRANZ IS BUSTED. He's an Eirika lord class, so swordlock in unfortunate.

The same cannot be said for Innes/Gilliam...

Edited by Benice

5 minutes ago, Benice said:

...Eirika was replaced by Fado. She's a six movement armor knight.

Could be worse.

HOLY CRAP EWAN/FRANZ IS BUSTED. He's an Eirika lord class, so swordlock in unfortunate.

The same cannot be said for Innes/Gilliam...

Are you playing an FE8 randomizer?

8 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Okay, I can overlook girls named Rem and Mythra, because those are just cute references, and the characters look/are nothing like their namesakes, but this guy is just straight up Cu Chulainn from Fate. Just with a different name. And no Gae Bolg.
Even down to his trash tier luck.

There's a Mythra? I recognized the name Rem, but I thought it was a coincidence.

Cu Chulainn is Lancer, right? There's definitely quite a bit of resemblance. If this was FE4 he could have his Gae Bolg, actually.

15 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Also, this hack's story is edge, edge, edge, and yet more edge.

Oof.

15 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Though I probably shouldn't be saying that considering my own """"""writing""""""".

narrows eyes at you, getting ready to compliment your writing

tumblr_p4avj7vPWc1r4c9wto2_500.gif

20 minutes ago, Benice said:

nemy quality in Three Houses is VERY low

You are literally the first person i hear who says that. Literally.

Usually no one can survive more than 2 attacks in 3H. Even surviving 1 Attack is usually a luxury.

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Are you playing an FE8 randomizer?

Ye! I got softlocked out of my first one when this:

atC05u5.png

Was on a moving enemy in chapter 4, every weapon had about 3 might and 60 or less hit. This time, it is going much better!