• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

16 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

I got

kkwzW0l.png'd

today lol

By who?

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It has six arms. Because I felt like giving it six arms.

I see, it's modest. And fond of capes

Anime pope having the high ground is worrisome though.

Edited by Punished Dayni

15 is retired veteran soldier who teaches the new generation how to fight in anime years.

4 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

By who?

on a subreddit.

All in good laugh, just a technicality lol

Just like the whole t-shirt situation

Edited by Imperator Squilla

10 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

I see, it's modest. And fond of capes

Actually, I meant it to be hair. Difficult to tell, between the horrible photo and the "throwing head backwards" pose.

10 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Anime pope having the high ground is worrisome though.

Oh God it was a big star wars reference all along

The first “proper” boss fight in this game actually seemed a little challenging, until I realized all I had to do to get the AP was survive until the boss automatically ended the fight, not kill her. And also she does no damage otherwise.

As an aside, the characters have been in their school uniforms for a while. The outfit change needs to hurry up…

Edit: It happened literally the scene after I posted this.

54 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

z7zu1h5V_o.jpg

@Sooks might recognize this one, though.

Ah yes, best character (or one of them). Don’t remember the scene on the right though.

Edited by Sooks

qbb017g0133a1.jpg

Joooooooooooooo finally Marie route is hereeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Tfw 'sister' route is the dark, serious, edgy route that's well written while adding lotsa lore to the world and character writing while main story bores me to tears

Edited by Imperator Squilla

Trails in the Sky FC: "Hmm, don't you wonder what Joshua's mysterious backstory is?"

Also Trails in the Sky FC:

Spoiler

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

I forgot how basic the presentation started out as... and also that Estelle started as a genderswapped shonen protagonist.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Uh... I just drew, actually. This doesn't represent any specific scene in anything. I just wanted to draw stained glass, I suppose.

It looks like the evil pope trapped the heroine in a crystal prison (naked for extra indignity) and the hero is here to save his beloved. That's the impression I got, anyway.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Given that there's an Ouroboros in everything, I wouldn't even be surprised. You think all the different Ouroboroses just get together and hang out from time to time?

Probably, they even made a book about it.

The_Worm_Ouroboros_book_cover.jpg

However, someone once stole everyone's cars and made them go on a scavenger hunt to find them, so they don't meet as much nowadays.

First city from the last game reached!

54 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Also Trails in the Sky FC:

Hide contents

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

I don’t think I ever really read those little attack descriptions, just the effects above them.

Also tfw you’ve restored to playing old Trails games while waiting for the next one to come out. Use Geofront, Lightchao. It calls your name. And then buy the official release when it comes out later.

4 hours ago, Imperator Squilla said:

The game that respects your time

Wild how farm sims respect the player's time more than Persona 5.

The constant flashforwards were honestly particularly egregious to me because Odin Sphere was still fresh on the mind (along with me playing 13 Sentinels a few months earlier) and both games do In Medias Res significantly better.

3 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

You know, for all your commenting about Persona 5, I don't recall you ever saying much about the plot or characters. Not that I expect you to have much good to say about those things, of course.

For the plot, it was decent up until it wasn't. The villains aren't anything deep but they are very shitty people and it fits with the game's plot.

And then they had us kill the manifestation of people's indifference or some shit and like nothing at all suggested this would even happen. It literally felt like Atlus was going "hey wait we need to milk more game". The Royal storyline is better than the main plot imo but unfortunately, I wanted to kill the game at that point.

The characters themselves are fine. I'd like them a lot more if I didn't have to pick and choose and arbitrarily be prevented from exploring them. The fucking arms dealer dude is particularly egregious. "Oh you want to learn about him? Then fucking raise your Guts level to Lv.4, nerd." This is basically like at the start of the game too and grinding Personality stats is atrocious. I never unlocked his Confidant. FE6 Support Convos aren't this bad. It wouldn't be so bad if there wasn't a deadline.

13 minutes ago, Sooks said:

And then buy the official release when it comes out later.

Why give NISA money (I say as I buy GrimGrimiore OnceMore a few months from now. It's Vanillaware, I have to).

Edited by Armagon

22 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Why give NISA money (I say as I buy GrimGrimiore OnceMore a few months from now. It's Vanillaware, I have to).

Lightchao just seems interested in doing so.

Sadly not a real album.

56 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Use Geofront, Lightchao. It calls your name.

I cannot Sooks, the Switch gives me the power to pause in the middle of three hour long cutscenes. I can't give that up.

I might consider it if you pair Rean with Elise, not that you should.

46 minutes ago, Armagon said:

And then they had us kill the manifestation of people's indifference or some shit and like nothing at all suggested this would even happen.

But Xenoblade 3 did basically the same thing, in a manner of speaking.

46 minutes ago, Armagon said:

You became the very thing you swore to-- hmm, I don't know what GrimGrimoire is. Have you played it before, or are you getting it just because Vanillaware made it?

22 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Lightchao just seems interested in doing so.

31 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

But Xenoblade 3 did basically the same thing, in a manner of speaking.

It felt a lot more natural in Xenoblade 3. Like tremendously more.

Execution matters.

32 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Have you played it before, or are you getting it just because Vanillaware made it?

I haven't. I mean i can technically emulate the PS2 original but i tend to prefer remakes anyway.

It was Vanillaware's first ever game if you don't count Princess Crown.

6 hours ago, ping said:

For me, the problem with these god-tier starts is that I often don't feel like going warmonger from there.

Though I felt I thought myself "satisfied" with my incredible Egypt run, Civ has that frustrating One More Turn problem. And I still want to give Deity level domination a try, instead of building things, I shall destroy and I shall take. I picked a Pangaea map, selected Assyria b/c the free Technologies on conquest sounded good, and it didn't take me too many rerolls to get this.:

20221203220334-1.jpg

I could've founded a third city one or two tiles northeast of the Truffles, but I chose Honor instead of Liberty and didn't want to waste time nor precious early Happiness on another city. This map would great for peaceful play had I the inclination to do that instead.

Since I needed to wait until I had a Worker improve the initial Salt (why did Firaxis make it the OP Luxury?), I worked Mt. Sinai instead of letting the city grow beyond 1 pop until I got my first Great Prophet and took +2 Happiness from Temples. Selected Earth Mother instead of Desert Folklore for the Pantheon, since I decided a few earlygame Faith to be worth more than a bunch more later.

As the research indicates, I chose to save & quit things tonight right before Indonesia Delenda Est. Upgrade my six Archers to Composite Bows, send them west, and hope the Siege Towers are actually good. I strike tomorrow.:Soldier: Egypt has the Great Wall up already, so I might have to ignore Ramses II for now (yet I assur you, Ashurbanipal shall take the leash in hand and make the pharaoh his slave) and attack Harald instead once I'm done with Gajah Mada.

Research path while my army is trying to win in the west is picking is getting Sailing for two Cargo Ships to finance my army, and Calendar so I can improve the Wine. The National College shall follow as is the norm. Although my unit cap is two away from the maximum already, I'll need to delete my Scout later. Why do Builders, trade units, and Great Persons have to count as part of the unit limit?🤨 It's why the idea of a no-City-State Puppets Venice is practically infeasible, even if it'd be better to avoid that b/c rivals' capitals are usually better territory and ought to have a cache of Wonders, and Venice certainly has the money to ally with every CS on the map.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

I am temporarily putting my journey through the Third Doctor's episodes on hold

image.png?width=1100&height=619

because i'm gonna give the Second Doctor's a chance. I've seen some clips and production value looks better than the First's (and by this point the show had fully decided it wanted to be sci-fi).

>Tomb of the Cybermen

>The one black character in this story is the servant of a white woman and he has yet to talk and the story is not historically based

....well it was the 60s. I know i said Doctor Who's always been progressive but i suppose even back then there were some things...