Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

8 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Reclassing is back. Apparently, each character has an aptitude (from what I can tell, based on their weapon of choice) and they can reclass to classes accordingly. Or, inherit different aptitudes from emblems. Which I'm hoping doesn't depend on the Emblem's own weapon of choices, otherwise axes and fists are going to be kinda shit outta luck lol

Still, wow there's just so much stuff that depends on emblems. It's gonna make it tricky, depending on how often they re taken away.

I'm guessing each Emblem has a set of aptitudes a unit can inherit from them and it's not strictly based on which weapon the Emblem is using.

6 hours ago, Punished Dayni said:

The "fun" of genetic bottlenecks caused by ecological disasters.

Cheetah moment.

3 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Sticking with 4 MOV base? This can get annoying cause units tend to get in eachothers ways all the time, so that's kinda bothersome. XD

This game nerfed mov across the board so it shouldn't be an issue.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Everything indicates Alfred and his retainers are the first, with Celine likely coming not too long after when we go into Firene.

Yeah and then Brodia after. Whether Elusia or Solm comes next is honestly a toss up.

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Fourth time of asking for a big one?

First is Melatonin (Wait, that's an oxymoron with video games) about running around in some guy's subconscious and doing rhythm minigames and it's drawn aesthetic is something that could appeal for some, it's out now. Second is Afterimage, another 2D sidescroller that's probably some rougelite in a fantasy setting, but it does look pretty in fairness, though that's not out until the 25th of April. Third is Smile for Me, which goes for a puppet speaking gibberish to advertise a game set in a habitat (Their words) to wander around and play while nodding and shaking the head of your character while interacting to make the other happy (but what about me) and of course there's some weird stuff going on I'm unsurprised, it's out Spring. Lastly is Hyper Gunsport, where you play volleyball with bullets? But the pointscoring is on the wall, it's more like soccer then. Anyway there's only two a side (That's rough), they try to list their personable cast but we don't get to hear any of them so it doesn't click and it's out now, so maybe I'm giving too little credit.

Well that was a bust.

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

THEY BLURRED HIM OUT LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

HE IS GONE!

The troll?

People are responding like this, so I'll assume yes.

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Amazing how all it takes is one old man

It's a long way to the rope. I've not yet hung myself.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

I'm guessing each Emblem has a set of aptitudes a unit can inherit from them and it's not strictly based on which weapon the Emblem is using.

It has to be that way, anything else makes absoluetly no sense.

Yeah and then Brodia after. Whether Elusia or Solm comes next is honestly a toss up.

Elusia is more likely, I think. The one story trailer showed a cutscene with Alear, Diamant and Alfred meeting with Hyacinth and Ivy at what looks like Castle Elusia. No Timerra in this context is rather strange.

29 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Who?

23 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

The troll?

People are responding like this, so I'll assume yes.

Yep, that guy. The Bill Clinton kid.

It's hilarious cause there's like a bunch of frames where he wasn't on that they could've picked.

19 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Elusia is more likely, I think. The one story trailer showed a cutscene with Alear, Diamant and Alfred meeting with Hyacinth and Ivy at what looks like Castle Elusia. No Timerra in this context is rather strange.

I think so too, although quick correction, that's not Ivy in the scene, it's Hortensia. What strikes me though is that there don't appear to be any hostilities here.

Only reason i think it could be a toss up is because of Elusia's Disc 1 villain nature but who knows, maybe it doesn't matter either way. But it's leaning more in favor of Elusia first, especially given the order of the units revealed.

Also side note but now that we know for a fact that reclassing resets levels, Ivy being a Lv.1 Wing Tamer on Ch.17 means nothing now, she could've just been reclassed back into it for some reason (would also explain why Hortensia in the same class has lower stats at Lv.20).

I think so too, although quick correction, that's not Ivy in the scene, it's Hortensia.

Ah, thanks.

What strikes me though is that there don't appear to be any hostilities here.

Only reason i think it could be a toss up is because of Elusia's Disc 1 villain nature but who knows, maybe it doesn't matter either way. But it's leaning more in favor of Elusia first, especially given the order of the units revealed.

Hyacinth's presence would seem to indicate this is rather early on. I expect they come in peace, the good guys meet up with the Elusians like in the trailer shot, then it turns out a trap, which then leads to the big trailer battle and Morion's death, before shenanigans happen and Hyacinth dies to Sombron.

...Dream would be for this to take place after all that, and then Hyacinth joins-- but then the dream is also for Morion to survive getting Lyn'd and join, and for Lumera to become the hidden emblem, and for the unveiled queens to be playable and for this Jan person Merrin was thinking about not to just be her dog. And there's exactly one of these that's actually likely.

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

THEY BLURRED HIM OUT LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

HE IS GONE!

NOOO

Also, man was Sekiro ever a good game. I hope they make another gane in its vein someday.

(Also, sorry to be that guy, but could we keep Engage plot talk in spoilers? I'm not very good at avoidibg spoilers, so any help with resisting temptation is appreciated)

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Time for you to Disengage, huh.

Boo! BOO! BOOOOO!

(But yeah, reasonable request by Benice, imo. The trailers seem to show quite a lot of ingame stuff that one might want to discover on their own)

8 minutes ago, Benice said:

(Also, sorry to be that guy, but could we keep Engage plot talk in spoilers? I'm not very good at avoidibg spoilers, so any help with resisting temptation is appreciated)

Well, there's really not much to spoil yet. We've had only one story trailer and it didn't really show much. We're just theorizing here. But if there is anything more concrete, we'll be sure to keep it hidden!

Just now, ping said:

Boo! BOO! BOOOOO!

(But yeah, reasonable request by Benice, imo. The trailers seem to show quite a lot of ingame stuff that one might want to discover on their own)

Actually, yeah. Fair enough.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

2 minutes ago, ping said:

Boo! BOO! BOOOOO!

Yeah, I should probably be nice about it, I've only put in spoilers to shorten post length to now from what I remember.

Apologies for previous discourse @Benice.

ZV9RiY1.png

...Might pick it up just so i can finish it lol. Just hope i can carry over my save files from XGP because i don't wanna go through that pyramid dungeon ever again

ovmcQrY.png

Hmm

Might get 1 and if i like it, get 2 during the sale that will happen during 3's release. Kinda sucky none of the other Atelier games on sale tho lol.

TyxDy5s.png

fJisELM.png

Stuff recommended to me/ i am interested in 3F230mo.png

Q1jzLUF.png

If i wasn't swarmed with SRPGs atm (Sparks of Hope + Enjeji next) i would've thought about it, but atm... nah. Maybe next year or so.

TzHJ5kC.png

Wew

Well, i won't get anything now, the sale is going for 2 weeks, but i might pick up a thing or two. Or not.

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

Meanwhile, I'm probably confirming my PS2 works tomorrow, considering it'll be 20 years old on Christmas.

4 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

ZV9RiY1.png

...Might pick it up just so i can finish it lol. Just hope i can carry over my save files from XGP because i don't wanna go through that pyramid dungeon ever again

Well there's that.

5 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Q1jzLUF.png

If i wasn't swarmed with SRPGs atm (Sparks of Hope + Enjeji next) i would've thought about it, but atm... nah. Maybe next year or so.

I could have gotten it 30 physical if I'd been patient, but that's not a bad price already.

57 minutes ago, ping said:

That's what I've been doing after the initial two trailers. Gameplay tidbits I'd like to be surprised by alongside story elements and characters.

16 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Hmm

Might get 1 and if i like it, get 2 during the sale that will happen during 3's release. Kinda sucky none of the other Atelier games on sale tho lol.

If you do purchase them or one of them, have fun! The gameplay is simple but i really loved the concept overall and it doesnt take long for the game to get started imo.

7 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

SRW 30 is 45% off... just saying...

Alas, I've not the money to afford it unless it's like 5 dollars or something.

Also what does SRW stand for again? I swear I knew what it was a few days ago when you recommended it to me.

9 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

If you do purchase them or one of them, have fun!

thx^^

Honestly tho even if i pick it up i doubt i will play it any soon because of my current play list + Enjeji being Super High Prio next month XD

7 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Also what does SRW stand for again?

Super Robot Wars. Cool Mecha crossover SRPG

2 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Also what does SRW stand for again? I swear I knew what it was a few days ago when you recommended it to me.

Super Robot Wars

50 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

You could "demo" by emulating one of the older entries. The gameplay has remained pretty consistent going back the decades, so you get a sample of the overall experience by playing a few battles of one of those first.

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

TyxDy5s.png

fJisELM.png

Stuff recommended to me/ i am interested in 3F230mo.png

I played Resonance of Fate on the PS3. I think I'd give it a ~7.5/10 or so myself. Gameplay is kinda unique for a JRPG, but also rather simple when you break it down. The narrative and world are hamstrung by this odd choice to limit things entirely to ~4-minute cutscenes, also b/c things feel like the potentially-promising ideas take a backseat to "days in the life of the hero trio".

The game does have three lovely openings though.:

The last one in this sequence being my favorite.😄

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

26 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Gameplay is kinda unique for a JRPG,

what drew me to it from what i watched tbh. 

-video-

> Try to save Heroine

> Look badass

> Fall to the nether

Haha

They sound like loveable dorks

The last one in this sequence being my favorite.😄

I can see why. Kinda reminds me of DMC ngl lol

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hyacinth's presence would seem to indicate this is rather early on. I expect they come in peace, the good guys meet up with the Elusians like in the trailer shot, then it turns out a trap, which then leads to the big trailer battle and Morion's death, before shenanigans happen and Hyacinth dies to Sombron.

The thing is that meeting shot is in an Elusian church so unless Brodia also has one, this has to be after.

Keep in mind the Ivy cutscene is at Brodia Castle and she has likely already taken an Emblem. 

Tl;Dr Elusia is established as an enemy so I don't think the meeting at the church is before the big war.

2 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

2 during the sale that will happen during 3's release

Inb4 it doesn't.

2 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Just hope i can carry over my save files from XGP

Look this up because I feel like it should.