Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Lately I've been feeling a lot more exhausted since the keto diet I adopted forbids sugar which was my usual coping intake against my naturally sleepy brain. This is supposed to help me in the long run but I heard it can be pretty tough early on so I apologize in advance if I seem a little more braindead than usual.

2 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

There are other Professors in some pokemon regions (in fact I think you will met another in Unova...), its just one that gets the title of THE Pokemon Professor.

I fucking love the idea of going to a collage class and the professor just yells out "Welcome to the world of historiography!! There are some who call me the history professor!"

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

*Sees starter war*

I guess I'm a traitor to all, as I had a tendency to swap it up. Though I'd say I leaned Fire and Water judging from old memories, Venusaur still great tho'.

5 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Oh boy I can't wait to play it in a few months.

Who knows how long I'll be holding off on the game for? The fact it's first-party Nintendo means getting a physical copy would be easy whenever I choose to. Might want to intentionally hold off on it for 9-12 months as a gift then. I've no urgent urge to play.

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Maybe it's there to try and deter those idiots out there licking Switch cartridges?

To avoid the possibility of accidental ingestion, keep the game card away from young children. A bittering agent (Denatonium Benzoate) has also been applied to the game card. This bittering agent is non-toxic.

Nintendo's purported official statement on the matter.

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I mean, here kids just take their dad's first surname for their first, and their mom's first for their second. Not sure how it works with LGBTQ couples. Maybe they toss a coin.

Though for the parents if they love both sides of their family, wouldn't they want to pass down both to their child?🤔

I wouldn't mind if a person inherited every surname from their parents, but actively used only two recent ones. The rest get recorded and complied into a government ID of some kind, which would eventually generations down the line become unique to each individual.

BTW @Saint Rubenio, did you complain something about a lack of 2D artwork to accompany dialogue earlier and then delete that? Because I oddly thought I saw you saying that while I was checking SF anonymously earlier and couldn't respond right away.

Edit: Found it on the Engage board!

On 1/12/2023 at 10:22 AM, Saint Rubenio said:

The more of these artworks she releases, the more I wish they didn't ditch 2D portraits. Especially since I was convinced that they had done that to accomodate for outfit customization in combat... and well, then that turned out not to be a thing.

Just wanted to say I'm reminded of other games. Some people complained when the latest new Story of Seasons game ditched 2D artwork portraits. And I can say Rune Factory looks better with them, Tides of Destiny ditched portraits for one game and I can say it was a downgrade in retrospect.

Some Japanese games of an anime nature, those that don't demand lots of movement and action during conversation, are better off with 2D portraits. The reason behind this is that such games usually have technically lackluster, emotively deficient 3D models. Meanwhile, the 2D artwork in such games can be aesthetically sound, downright charming, and can be rather expressive. The portraits can indubitably better capture the spirit of the characters of the game.

3 hours ago, ping said:

Wartortle is genuinely one of my favourite Pokemon of all time, and I think the middle form of Johto's grass starters looks the best out of all nine Johto starter forms... but generally speaking, I can't disagree.

Grovyle also deserves points, better than Septile actually. Charmelon and Ivysaur ain't bad either.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Engage (I genuinely don’t know if this needs to be spoiler tagged, but I’m just gonna do so to be on the safe side)

Spoiler

Idk how long this has been known but I just found out that one of Timerra’s retainers rides a wolf. A wolf. She just keeps on winning, huh.

Her other retainer seems like kind of a miss but I guess you can’t win ‘em all.

Edited by Sooks

25 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

apologize in advance if I seem a little more braindead than usual.

No worries!

...Er, does that mean I should wait to continue our discussion later?

Ah, all that new info to soak in. This will be an Engaging week.

1 hour ago, Punished Dayni said:

I sometimes think this. Grass defensive buff please.

Me as Dragon? Nah, probably not.

Not sure who'd be the electric mascot of the thread, can't think of who fits.

If we're making a TeeHee League, I call dibs on Steel Type.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Only good in half the games

You say this but Pokemon 2D > 3D.

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

9c6xfST.png

looks fun

It has the funny Godzilla dropkick/flying backwards move.

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Come on, even you have to had use Dragon dance or sword dance sometimes right 😛 

Perhaps.

I also use Toxic.

1 hour ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

How could I forget about the Ice type legendary...

They got banger

One thing great about SV is that the Legendaries actually feel like Legendaries for the first time since like....Gen 5.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

My son is based and dislikes Blastoise.

Benice unbased, you hate to see it.

44 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Who knows how long I'll be holding off on the game for? The fact it's first-party Nintendo means getting a physical copy would be easy whenever I choose to. Might want to intentionally hold off on it for 9-12 months as a gift then. I've no urgent urge to play.

Since it has DLC Waves and knowing you, holding off until there's more of it would be good. It's what you're doing with Xenoblade 3 as well.

37 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Her other retainer seems like kind of a miss

Nah she's based cause she's basically wearing Day of the Dead makeup.

Edited by Armagon

Anyways the "how fun are they" tierlist is

• Elf
  • Amazon
  • Dwarf
  • Knight
  • Wizard/Sorceress

Elf just feels perfect for me and arrows allow me to keep my distance against stronger foes. Amazon is just combos for days but takes hits a bit too easily imo. Dwarf strong but too close quarters for my liking. Knight is alright. Wizard and Sorceress are definitely support characters, i do not like all of my attacks having MP.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

FmZtXpOX0AEqze8?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Honestly just in awe of how exaggerated the designs are in this game lmao.

He certainly looks capable of doing the Flying Press.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Hmm...

...I'd take... Psychic? -No, perhaps not that. Psychic is cliched as being powerful, too powerful, an impression-reputation like Dragon one might say. If Psychic didn't have Gen 1, Mewtwo, and some other legendary bias, maybe I wouldn't hesitate to pick it.

But then, if not Psychic, then what? Dark or Ghost perhaps? I don't think I'd object to Flying either, mostly for the sky & wind associations and Aeroblast looking cool.

58 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Perhaps.

I also use Toxic.

TBF, Pokemon is hardly different from the typical turn-based JRPG. Buffs and debuffs aren't bothered with in the majority of battles, they're too easily won too quick via full offense. Boss battles in non-Pokemon turn-based JRPGs are where the buffs and debuffs come into play, because these fights can go on long enough to warrant them.

And given the sheer number of fights you get into any JRPG including Pokemon, I think you could say it's better this way. If buffs/debuffs were necessary, that'd mean more turns per fight, since you still only win by knocking HP to zero. And the average JRPG probably so many battles that the total experience would risk becoming a slog. That one Xenosaga I didn't play?

58 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Since it has DLC Waves and knowing you, holding off until there's more of it would be good. It's what you're doing with Xenoblade 3 as well.

Fair point. While I have done multiple playthroughs of many FEs, unlike other games (such as Xeno), I would probably be better off holding back. If I'm only going to play a game once, I think I like having the "complete" experience from its start. And if Engage's DLC isn't worth my time it turns out, well I wouldn't be surprised.

Gonna have to bend the rule when X2 happens. I wouldn't want to, but at the same time I think I would enjoy experiencing the game in tandem with you. Not a race to the final battle, nor a contest to 100% on the next survey, merely a hike in the forest with my internet Xenobros and my Monobro in particular.

12 minutes ago, Armagon said:

FmZtXpOX0AEqze8?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Honestly just in awe of how exaggerated the designs are in this game lmao.

The hands-head size ratio is what immediately your attention here. Yet I'd say the real treasure of this design is having an enshrined icon chained over his chest. Certainly has a deeply devotional quality to it, if unrealistic b/c that shrine & statuette ought to be a little heavy.

1 minute ago, Capt. Fargus said:

@Armagon Whatcha got goin on there? Looks pretty cool

Dragon's Crown Pro. The PS4 port of a PS3 beat 'em up game.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The hands-head size ratio is what immediately your attention here. Yet I'd say the real treasure of this design is having an enshrined icon chained over his chest. Certainly has a deeply devotional quality to it, if unrealistic b/c that shrine & statuette ought to be a little heavy.

Heavy? For him?

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I don't think I'd object to Flying either, mostly for the sky & wind associations and Aeroblast looking cool.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Dragon's Crown Pro. The PS4 port of a PS3 beat 'em up game.

Saw the “Dragons Haven Inn” pics from the game he put up from a few days ago and the first thing I thought of was some kinda Wizardry remake

1 minute ago, Capt. Fargus said:

Saw the “Dragons Haven Inn” pics from the game he put up from a few days ago and the first thing I thought of was some kinda Wizardry remake

To cite one Wikipedia paragraph about the game's development.:

Dragon's Crown was originally designed by George Kamitani as a Dreamcast sequel to Princess Crown, a 1997 video game for the Sega Saturn which he directed. Due to its platform and publisher pressure, Dragon's Crown would have used 3D graphics.[17][18] This earliest version was inspired by the Wizardry and Sorcerian series.[19] Kamitani's aim was to recreate the gameplay experience of Capcom's Dungeons & Dragons: Tower of Doom, which he worked on.[20] Due to the closure of the studio he was working at following the commercial failure of Princess Crown, the concept was scrapped. Kamitani later reused the female warrior concept art for his work on Fantasy Earth: The Ring of Dominion.[17][21] Over the next decade, he pitched to several different publishers but was always turned down.[22]

It's fair to say the influence endured all the years later.

16 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Dibs on Ice!

Er... Or if Dad takes it, dibs on fairy type.

26 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Teehee league? Ice

Dang...

Can I at least have Avalugg and Cetitan, Dad?

Dragons_Crown_Pro_20230113221723.jpg?wid

See, these two are just ripped straight out of an old Middle Ages/Renaissance painting.

Dragons_Crown_Pro_20230113225342.jpg?wid

I am once again in awe of the exaggerated designs

Dragons_Crown_Pro_20230113225626.jpg?wid

Vanillaware greatness

Dragons_Crown_Pro_20230113230231.jpg?wid

There it is. The one normal design in this game lmao.

46 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Boss battles in non-Pokemon turn-based JRPGs are where the buffs and debuffs come into play, because these fights can go on long enough to warrant them.

Funnily enough, Legends Arceus and SV are both Pokemon games that actually do have more traditional boss battles.

47 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Gonna have to bend the rule when X2 happens. I wouldn't want to, but at the same time I think I would enjoy experiencing the game in tandem with you. Not a race to the final battle, nor a contest to 100% on the next survey, merely a hike in the forest with my internet Xenobros and my Monobro in particular.

What if they make simultaneous co-op ala Pokemon SV? Cause it definitely feels like that's what they wanted to, it'd be the logical next step.

We've......probably discussed it but i'm revisiting it in the light of Pokemon doing it.

24 minutes ago, Benice said:

Can I at least have Avalugg

If you choose Rock, you can have Hisuian Avalugg.

19 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

1415782635885799458.jpg

This is basically Pokémon as a Zoids, heh. And Zoids has showed up in SRW...

Future Raiku.

There actually is art of the Paradox forms of the Legendary Beasts and the Swords of Justice

Scarlet_Book_Legendary-Beast.png

Violet_Book_Sword-Justice.png

Keep in mind that while it's official, we never see something like these in-game yet.

3 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Dibs on the Dragon type leader, it even comes with advantage of wearing a cape being traditional dragon trainer attire 😛

Time to go a step too far, and make a team based in which Gym leader I am

1st Gym Leader: Applin; Dratini (12)

2nd Gym Leader: Dreepy; Applin; Dratini  (18)

3rd Gym Leader: Dratini; Flapple; Turtonator (24)

4th Gym Leader: Flapple; Drampa; Dragonair (30)

5th Gym Leader: Flapple; Tatsugiri; Dragonair; Vibrava; (36)

6th Gym Leader: Cyclizar; Dragonair; Vibrava;  Tyrantrum(42)

7th Gym Leader: Dragonair; Cyclizar; Flygon; Komo-o; Dragalge (48)

8th Gym Leader: Duraludon; Dragalge; Kingdra; Flygon; Komo-o; Dragonite (55)

Edited by Eltosian Kadath
Dedcided to swirch Cyclizar to Duraludon in 8th Gym Leader Team