Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

38 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Céline: “Is that so?”

How does everybody have that accent on their keyboards? I need it for French but I need to copy-paste it every time...

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

@Saint Rubenio Idk if you caught it or not while you were busy Engaging and having Turkish Food but a new Octopath Trailer dropped

It’s about the hunter and the apothecary, whom I have a feeling won’t interest you, but there’s some interesting info about how the stories in this game will work at the end.

The choices could either be really cool, since it seems like they’re trying to fully connect all the stories this time, or not matter at all, for the same reason.

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Who here would be interested in the relay thingy btw?

I would, but not right now because obviously.

And whether or not I could mod or whatever is a different story.

1 minute ago, Benice said:

How does everybody have that accent on their keyboards? I need it for French but I need to copy-paste it every time...

The power of mobile.

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

Alt + 130 for the lowercase e.

Though for my keyboard set to Latin American Spanish, I can use the ´ key followed by a vowel and it shows up with the accent.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

What, you don't want to know she joins in chapter 14?

spoilers... :angry:

5 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Growths seem to be quite low in general.

low compared to 3? feels like my units keep getting 3-4 stat for lvl up on average is that considered low now?

but amusingly my Yunaka keep getting above +4 even reach +6 stats when lvl up.. somehow she's busted in my play. thief had no business being this versatile and strong. lol

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Though for my keyboard set to Latin American Spanish, I can use the ´ key followed by a vowel and it shows up with the accent.

Oh that's-

My keyboard literally has a dedicated button for é. How have I not noticed this?

Thank you anyways, though! I think I've heard that the school computers use that system, so that'll help me a lot there.

3 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Lucky you

Aside from Louis i would be lucky if i get a 2 stat lvlup kek

wait what, seriously? thats messed up.  the game hate you or something? lol

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Celine is based. Definetly one of stronger units

Infact, the whole of Celine team is like good. Celine, Louis and Chloe definetly carrying me. Their skills interact with each other well as well

yeah, Celine gang definitely high tier, at least for early game. Louis tho, definitely top S tier: good lvl up with already OP Str & Def as long as theres no enemy mage. while Alfred gang had Etie whos strong but unbalanced (either slow or low def) with boucheron being plain bad. even kid Anna perform better than him

the whole brodia (diamant & alcryst gang) actually good on average. 

6 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Lucky you

Aside from Louis i would be lucky if i get a 2 stat lvlup kek

8 minutes ago, joevar said:

low compared to 3? feels like my units keep getting 3-4 stat for lvl up on average is that considered low now?

but amusingly my Yunaka keep getting above +4 even reach +6 stats when lvl up.. somehow she's busted in my play. thief had no business being this versatile and strong. lol

My levels might work differently because maddening, but every level I’ve had except for one has only been 1 or 2 stats (the exception being when Alear got 3, HP, Strength, and Speed), I believe.

2 minutes ago, joevar said:

the game hate you or something? lol

Nah you Lucky xD

Weak lvlups are more common from what i am reading xD

3 minutes ago, joevar said:

while Alfred gang had Etie whos strong but unbalanced (either slow or low def) with boucheron being plain bad

Yeal whole of Alfred gang might hit the bench for me. Only Etie is on the brink atm, but with how slow and frail she is....

She is hella strong and good with a bow hence she is still in, vut dunno for how long

4 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

She is hella strong and good with a bow hence she is still in, vut dunno for how long

Etie is the Effie of this game?

As a unit and as a character

Just now, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Except Effie could tank and has like double Etie's spd or something xD

I meant she’s the buff girl retainer of the first royal you get who gets quickly benched (I mean Effie’s usable but I feel like it’s somewhat common to stop using her after the early game)

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Exceptions being Bart, Billy, Rico and Emeralda.

Billy I feel like could've been given a nod at the Miltian church, one forgettable NPC would've placed there with a cheap model resembling him. (If they had gender-flipped Feb she could've sorta visually passed as Billy.) Or perhaps toss in a single-boss-fight Immigrant Fleet/Ormus lieutenant, given they're religious bad guys.

Bart... he was the fourth most important character among the Xenogears 9. He provided grounding for early plot, when things couldn't be so esoteric. No nods to Bart seem wrong; at stretching-it very best, maybe you could say Jr. inherited some of Bart's eagerness and ship-association (and Billy's gunplay). With Gaigun having the brotherly bond and maturity of Sigurd to contrast Jr./Bart. The Durandal, the Elsa, either would've been fine to slip in a minor NPC modeled after Bart.

Emeralda, well, as you once said, MOMO is sorta her, in the sense of a young manufactured girl of importance. -Yet the lack of visual similarities is significant, given Xeno's complete disregard for """hiding""" references in many other instances.

Rico was forgotten by his own game, so it's only fair he would never be remembered again. Even if Hammer is around. Rico's physical roughness might've been passed on to Ziggy, who likewise suffers from irrelevancy issues. The Pied Piper was a pre-smartphone cellphone game, the time Ziggy was the main character is almost lost to history.

Since I'm talking about characters here already, chaos. They had no problem delaying Jin to Episode II, so why did they have to put chaos in Episode I? I get that he is veeeeeeeeery important, but it's a bit annoying in retrospect that he's there so soon. You can tell that chaos matters in the long run, but did he have to join the heroes so dang early? He has barely had any direct relevance so far. I don't know how to describe it, he might have been better off disguised as an NPC pet cat or bird or lizard belonging to Shion or Jr. than as a human. It's like... ... ... 🤔 ... ... ...I struggle to find a JRPG story/character example that compares. He's just such a tease. I like chaos, I can imagine it'll be awesome when he sheds the clothes of secrecy and reveals his naked existential-to-XS relevancy. But whyyyyyy does the tease have to go on for soooo long, the duration of which would've been even longer in an ideal world?

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Chu-Chu in essence is the bunny.

U-DO is Chu-Chu. The hue of U-DO's wavy presence, as seen through human eyes unable to comprehend perfect pinkness, is the color of their eternal being.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

first royal you get who gets quickly benched (I mean Effie’s usable but I feel like it’s somewhat common to stop using her after the early game

Huh

Effie is usually used until late mid game here

Sometimes late game if blessed

4 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Huh

Effie is usually used until late mid game here

Sometimes late game if blessed

Must be a me thing then 😭

Zappy!

Hiya Papaya!

12 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

They had no problem delaying Jin to Episode II, so why did they have to put chaos in Episode I? I get that he is veeeeeeeeery important, but it's a bit annoying in retrospect that he's there so soon.

And i could imagine they delay chaos even longer in the original plans.

22 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Nah you Lucky xD

Weak lvlups are more common from what i am reading xD

Yeal whole of Alfred gang might hit the bench for me. Only Etie is on the brink atm, but with how slow and frail she is....

maybe, or sommie gives its blessing to my unit because i keep feeding it random stuff

i mean..

Spoiler

yunabu.png

how the hell she got 94 rating without ring , no stat booster, meal or anything.(this is in somniel after fight). Even alear still in 70's rating. im supposed to dislike her. now i cant...

30 minutes ago, Sooks said:

My levels might work differently because maddening, but every level I’ve had except for one has only been 1 or 2 stats (the exception being when Alear got 3, HP, Strength, and Speed), I believe.

they got different value in maddening as a default, or is that because growth type options in difficulty setting?

2 minutes ago, joevar said:

maybe, or sommie gives its blessing to my unit because i keep feeding it random stuff

i mean..

Hide contents

yunabu.png

how the hell she got 94 rating without ring , no stat booster, meal or anything.(this is in somniel after fight). Even alear still in 70's rating. im supposed to dislike her. now i cant...

Spoiler

Basic Stats + Build add to exactly 94... if it's that.