Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

16 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Resting a turn after killing the second boss? Hyacinth didn’t move immediately after?

Nope. He only loves when you get into range.

That's consistent among the more "important" bosses it seems.

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Like legit, my life mood improved a ton ever since Engage dropped lmao. It helps that the game is not just meeting all expectations, but overcoming them even

Glad to hear it makes you feel better! ❤️

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

2 magic damage Ragnarok

Honestly, I’ve gone against the mold of the thread and have literally never used an emblem on Louis. He just hasn’t needed one.

Damage isn't the only thing in the game that matters though.

Neither have i, in fact he's warming the bench.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, my answer is no less speculatory than yours. Though I do think it's pretty obvious where this is going, and Engage doesn't like taking risks in its storytelling.

You're probably right, but the devil is in the details. In my case, it's complicated because I want Veyle to be playable.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

This is funny.

Kira thought reseting was a good idea... until he remembered that he last saved twelve hours ago.

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Bruh they changed this on maddening lmao

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

That's consistent among the more "important" bosses it seems.

Well I wouldn’t know yet.

5 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Damage isn't the only thing in the game that matters though.

No, but it’s kind of a waste to throw out the super high damage from that to move someone across the map unless you absolutely need to.

5 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I want to do this, his whole character is just that he likes tea and it’s boring…

…but he’s too good. I need him (for now).

Just now, Sooks said:

No, but it’s kind of a waste to throw out the super high damage from that to move someone across the map unless you absolutely need to.

I can understand this point of view. I don't agree, but i can respect it.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

I want to do this, his whole character is just that he likes tea and it’s boring…

…but he’s too good. I need him (for now).

I'm sorry to hear that. XD

wait what hell is this desert theme. somehow it reminds me of Crash Bandicoot than FE lmao

29 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Alfred’s been getting good levels.

Amber joined completely better than him though, but I like Alfred, so too bad for him.

Oh yeah, I forged Yunaka an iron dagger and now she’s one rounding squishier units. Maybe it was just that she had a low might weapon?

Resting a turn after killing the second boss? Hyacinth didn’t move immediately after?

Now that I think about it, I lured the first boss down into the hallway to make fighting him easier, which might have put me too far away to kill them all in one turn. Maybe, idk.

yeah, amber just i dont know.. feel forced? like his personality just a bit too forced while Alfred is genuine dork, muscle for brain. i use amber for a while then ditch him on the bench

its a dagger, it should make sense why its a low might. but when you consider it has low weight, 2-range, bery high Avoid, and cant break unless its martial (which is rarer than others) more than makes up for its low might. passing on Yunaka kinda waste imo unless you really hate her. (her stat better than the second thief on equal lvl anyway)

maybe because its maddening hyacinth become harder? i dont think hyacinth harder to deal with than hortensia. you just need to move everyone at once with maximum mov. by the time he summon clone you already surround him. stun-locking its AI into calling summon over and over

18 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

me at work listening to Engage ost

BONDS OF FIRE, CONNECT US

LOVE PROVIDE, PROTECT US

those lyric keep getting stuck on my head. i expect this to persist for at least one week

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Bruh they changed this on maddening lmao

Question, did you bait the other guy first or did you rush him? Apologies if you answered that already?

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

>Last point

Oh? On God? Fr?

Honestly, the writing has been getting strangely better since the beginning. At this point I wouldn’t be surprised if they pull a Live a Live.

5 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Kira thought reseting was a good idea... until he remembered that he last saved twelve hours ago.

Weak. Whoever Kira is should’ve been playing maddening.

Unless they saved in the Somniel or something.

4 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I can understand this point of view. I don't agree, but i can respect it.

Many maddening enemies need the damage.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Question, did you bait the other guy first or did you rush him? Apologies if you answered that already?

Baited him. If I rushed him he would’ve committed two family murders.

21 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Alear’s strength levels

Alear has like

Myrmidon STR

I turned him into Wyvern to fix his STR Lmao

22 minutes ago, Sooks said:

2 magic damage Ragnarok

it's less the damage and more how he can warpaggro annoying enemies while others deal with the rest

22 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Glad to hear it makes you feel better! ❤️

❤️

20 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

First Louis bencher?

14 minutes ago, Armagon said:

>Last point

Oh? On God? Fr?

based Excel

But wait best Story? Dafuq?

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Honestly, the writing has been getting strangely better since the beginning. At this point I wouldn’t be surprised if they pull a Live a Live

Yeah honestly.

It's just trash at the start.

Once you hit Brodia and later Solm, it keeps getting better. Especually character wise

I dunno how i feel about the break system yet. I feel like Berwick's system for being unable to counter by simply being hit by an attack (specific weapons not withstanding) is a better idea.

16 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Honestly, the writing has been getting strangely better since the beginning.

I mean Alear's just the best Lord in the series at this point.

We finally got an amazing female Lord, no strings attached. "But male!Alear exi-*gunshot*

13 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

But wait best Story? Dafuq?

Yeah it's weird because the usual contenders are Judgral, Tellius and Fodlan. Though I suppose each of those has a catch.

FE4 story is good the first half and then second half throws out all nuance for "what if the cult controlled it all".

Tellius....well PoR is a pretty well executed Hero's Journey-type story. Radiant Dawn is more ambitious and works mostly well but blood pact.

Fodlan's all over the place. Silver Snow doesn't exist, Crimson Flower is undercooked, Azure Moon is the more traditional FE plot and Verdant Wind is just Silver Snow but with a different final boss. And then there's Three Hopes.

Engage doesn't have any catches so far barring a minor thing. Which isn't as big as the catches from the other games.

Edited by Armagon

I'd say, FE needs to stop integrating the rewind feature into the storyline itself.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

It has been rescued from lost media hell.

Oh, really? Might actually try it out.

Hmm... something went wrong but I can't access the tweet itself.

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Hmm... something went wrong but I can't access the tweet itself.

I went to the dude's account and it turns out the devs of the private servers contacted him and told him it's not ready yet.

But at least we know it's being worked on.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I went to the dude's account and it turns out the devs of the private servers contacted him and told him it's not ready yet.

But at least we know it's being worked on.

Ah, okay, can wait it out, then.

1 hour ago, joevar said:

im not even opening the spoiler box, but i still consider the text below it spoiler-y. its not ambush spawn if i already anticipate it. :angry:

...Whoops. Sorry. I didn't think anybody would be upset about being informed of something like this.

1 hour ago, joevar said:

you playthru seems anti-mainstream that alfred not suck, while Yunaka is, kek

my yunaka even had better  DEF than alfred before i try to promote him lol

I benched her, fuck top tier losers

50 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Like legit, my life mood improved a ton ever since Engage dropped lmao. It helps that the game is not just meeting all expectations, but overcoming them even.

If it keeps up, and we get some legit hard maps in late game ala CQ, this will definetly knoch out Fates for me from the FE throne

Not bad. Let's hope for the best.

49 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yes, you can really feel the love from the old guy.

41 minutes ago, Armagon said:

>Last point

Oh? On God? Fr?

Hahahahah! Oh, now he's just being a contrarian.

35 minutes ago, joevar said:

yeah, amber just i dont know.. feel forced? like his personality just a bit too forced while Alfred is genuine dork, muscle for brain. i use amber for a while then ditch him on the bench

I got a feeling like that too. It's the same reason I'm no fan of Odin/Owain. It feels like really forced humor.

33 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Honestly, the writing has been getting strangely better since the beginning. At this point I wouldn’t be surprised if they pull a Live a Live.

Don't get my hopes up. I expect absolutely nothing from this game's story.

1 minute ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Huh

Now that's something to look forward to

...Oho.

Oho.

Well I mean duh, third act is where Best Girl joins