• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

4 hours ago, ping said:

Can't have a Fire Emblem game without the mindcontrolled girl, I assume?

Its goes back to old days. Does jugdral have one? If not then it start with FE6, which is very old already. Or do we count manipulated too? Then it start since marth game...

Welp.. its as much FE staple as dead parent already

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

flsIW6HG_o.jpg

Your Alear hate is pretty funny to hear. In my run she's been one-rounding things since like, chapter 6. Not everything, but enough things to be pretty useful.

Clearly it's girl power

Boohooo i already planned to take a break for this day (tuesday) since not getting enough last night, but i just had to see that...

I like what they did there. Its kinda rare in games to have toned abs girl but still look like a girl, not like a mountain bandit

Now, how do i train her again...

14 minutes ago, joevar said:

Its goes back to old days. Does jugdral have one? If not then it start with FE6, which is very old already. Or do we count manipulated too? Then it start since marth game...

Welp.. its as much FE staple as dead parent already

Tiki in the first game was brainwashed. It's been a Day 1 thing. lol

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

And then in FE3, there the four maidens but ironically, Hardin was more brainwashed than they were. A guy.

I’m… surprised and confused at how easy ch. 11 was. There was the Jade incident, which was eh, what can you do, but other than that, easy. You could get horribly punished for playing super slowly ig but that didn’t happen to me (I did have units in range of the surprises but Yunaka is OP and they couldn’t touch her, and the other two could take a hit from the one with the highest move). But then, Shrimpy wanted to see my reaction/strategy and Armagon said it was one of the hardest chapters in the series and I just… don’t get it. Spoilers

Spoiler

Losing your emblems sucks, but they weren’t necessary at all for this. The biggest problem is keeping track of the enemy emblems, which could theoretically mess you up, but that’s not too bad and the rest of the enemies are basically not a threat (which is the first time I’ve said that all game).

On my first attempt I got unlucky with the placement of enemy emblems (I killed Leif and when Veyle gave the emblem to another enemy who was too close considering Roy was right there, and he’s very tanky) and had to use a freeze charge, but Jade got critted anyway. That was the worst things got.

All the units you get this chapter are pretty busted, but they barely exist so that’s whatever (definitely help for the ending stretch though).

Chapter 10 was way harder than this.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

But then, Shrimpy wanted to see my reaction/strategy and Armagon said it was one of the hardest chapters in the series and I just… don’t get it.

For me it was the AoE freeze guy. Had me playing slower than i would've liked and thus faced trouble

1 minute ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

For me it was the AoE freeze guy. Had me playing slower than i would've liked and thus faced trouble

I didn’t even realize he had AoE, guess I lucked out in having my units spread out.

And he wasted at least 2 charges on Yunaka (although she didn’t dodge one of them rip).

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I didn’t even realize he had AoE, guess I lucked out in having my units spread out.

I realized after Celine evaded freeze but then units beside her got frozen lmao.

Tbh, i thought the map was more tight than hard. I just was one turn away from losing someone due to freeze xD

You know what that map really needs to be really tough?

All Escape instead of Alear escape.

Hell

5 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Hell

TRUE, I would’ve actually lost.

I do wish I had gotten an escape map that felt like an actual escape map as opposed to a casual stroll down the map, but I suppose that’s usual for the series.

I mean I guess it was tight since those enemies had to die but not more so than usual Engage, if anything a little less because the enemies felt weaker here, meanwhile chapter 10 was like “made one wrong move and didn’t use everyone to their fullest potential? Fuck you, half your army is dead”

So far, the only map i can say i am not a fan of is ch14.

Pretty straight forward with mostly weak units, easy but out of the way chests, and then ambush spawns at the end for some reason.

It ain't fox hell levels or something, but doesn't feel like the rest of the maps ya know? Felt more like a GBA map or smth.

Also just did Byleth Paralogue....beware the clerics near him

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

21 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Hell

Thracia rules where if Alear escapes, anyone who didn't escape before her gets captured.

6 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

So far, the only map i can say i am not a fan of is ch14.

Pretty straight forward with mostly weak units, easy but out of the way chests, and then ambush spawns at the end for some reason.

It ain't fox hell levels or something, but doesn't feel like the rest of the maps ya know? Felt more like a GBA map or smth.

I'm liking it more than Ch.15.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Thracia rules where if Alear escapes, anyone who didn't escape before her gets captured.

Spoiler

Broke: You lose the Emblems.

Woke: You lose the Emblems AND everyone in your party at that point.

So by the end of Chapter 11, it's just Alear, Ivy, her retainers, and Emblems Lucina and Lyn.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Is that somehow different for gameplay purposes than your units dying?

Just now, Sooks said:

Is that somehow different for gameplay purposes than your units dying?

Yes.

Late game in Thracia there's a gaiden/paralogue chapter where you can rescue any captured or left behind unit.

However, after that point, anyone captured or left behind is as good as dead.

Finished the "main" story of the Toouhou Puppet Dance Extended mod. They, uh, really upped the difficulty of the fights in this game.

I recorded the "final boss," if anyone is interested.

Spoiler

Edited by Robert Stewart

i see that many people already try reclassing. meanwhile i really dont know who or what to reclass and content with their default promotion

also can anyone confirm design change in engage is like the opposite of 3H: where in 3H everyone is carbon copy of themselves with its uniform, then promotion (to certain class for certain unit) timeskip gives unique design. while in engage after promotion actually gives them same-y outfit theme when reclassing to same class, with some accesories unique to the unit stays. (not really complaining just want to know)

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Hell

i wish that were the case too. feels like i've played a game where that is the case but cant remember what. but the escape square need to be wider/bigger, the entire bottom line of map for example

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

oh yeah. forgot about tiki. its really as old as dead parent tradition lmao

despite so many changes throught decades, FE still has traditions that keep coming back

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Okay, time for some Engage, even if it's the Weekday.

happy engaging weekday! 

56 minutes ago, Sooks said:

TRUE, I would’ve actually lost.

I do wish I had gotten an escape map that felt like an actual escape map as opposed to a casual stroll down the map, but I suppose that’s usual for the series.

I mean I guess it was tight since those enemies had to die but not more so than usual Engage, if anything a little less because the enemies felt weaker here, meanwhile chapter 10 was like “made one wrong move and didn’t use everyone to their fullest potential? Fuck you, half your army is dead”

permadeath looming on the horizon.

but its still an interesting idea of a map, albeit not executed to its full potential due. presumably due to dev not wanting it to become punishment hell. its the one map that i actually make full use of obstruct & freeze. since some enemies are better left stuck rather than replaced randomly in your path. but did ch.10 really that hard on maddening? i think its not that bad versus earlier chapter. since you have many options at your disposal already

Is Louis starting to fall off for anyone else? He could tank really well in the early game, but now…

I was confused as to why Jade was performing so much worse than him, since both of their stats were about the same, and then I looked at him and went “yeah no, he’s getting worse at tanking”.

It could just be me though, because I haven’t been giving him that much exp, since I don’t want him to be a team mainstay.

29 minutes ago, joevar said:

but did ch.10 really that hard on maddening? i think its not that bad versus earlier chapter. since you have many options at your disposal already

You have lots of options but they don’t change the fact that every boss can obliterate you and with two health bars, you have to focus all your units on them on a turn to not have to deal with them for more than one enemy phase. Then there’s the main boss with his clones who moved automatically once you defeat the second boss (this might be maddening exclusive, idk— unless I stepped into his massive range and am misremembering, but it’s so big you kinda have to do that). He will just wipe any unit of yours off the face of the planet if you don’t get those clones and he puts himself between the clones and your army.

Or I’m just bad at the game.

Fun though.

Edited by Sooks

im not trying to be racist at all,.. but somehow Fogado way of talking at the beginning is like a neighborhood gangster in GTA games talking, mainly GTA:SA and GTA V . he just stop short from saying "homies" and some swearing with that accent lmao. i find it funnier than expected.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Is Louis starting to fall off for anyone else? He could tank really well in the early game, but now…

I was confused as to why Jade was performing so much worse than him, since both of their stats were about the same, and then I looked at him and went “yeah no, he’s getting worse at tanking”.

It could just be me though, because I haven’t been giving him that much exp, since I don’t want him to be a team mainstay.

You have lots of options but they don’t change the fact that every boss can obliterate you and with two health bars, you have to focus all your units on them on a turn to not have to deal with them for more than one enemy phase. Then there’s the main boss with his clones who moved automatically once you defeat the second boss (this might be maddening exclusive, idk— unless I stepped into his massive range and am misremembering, but it’s so big you kinda have to do that). He will just wipe any unit of yours off the face of the planet if you don’t get those clones and he puts himself between the clones and your army.

Fun though.

louis still going strong for me. Jade too, while not as sturdy as Louis, Jade can dish out more damage being an axe user. i use both until solm if theres a slot, if not i still pick one of them.  dunno if your problem is maddening only.

he move too in hard after second boss. its just that everyone else already halfway into him the next turn after he summon clones i mange to reach the clone and dispose all his clone without even manage to attack him. then the rest you can guess already : easy stun-lock.

Spoiler

does the game not show hyacinth astra storm damage on right corner of the screen on maddening? i just put that into mind and proceed to enter his range.