Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

8 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Radiant Bow is 19 MT wtf

Hmmm

Fogado has the Mag and the bld to use it eh?

Yeah that surprised me. I was like "who has the Mag to use this" and then Fogado just rode up and I was like "oh".

Now the Windbreaker Axe, who can use that I wonder.

• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Time to see what the feared chapter 11 has to offer.

If my switch dock ever decides to start working, that is. It keeps cutting out.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

The bench, where all your axe users should be.

Yeah @Saint Rubenio

I see the ambush now

Kinda bs ngl, thankfully i still had my whole army to move. Generally i feel ch.14 is the weakest one so far.

Hopefully no more of that

19 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It has 20 MT

anyone could use it, but it feels Tailormade for Jade, as she comes with a Magicbase

Anna with her 50%Mag as well, but dunno if i want a heavy weapon on a squishy lol

And tfw Ruben is one with the Waifu army here kek

YUNAKA JUST GOT A 12% CRIT AND ONE SHOT A SCARY ENEMY ON ENEMY PHASE, specifically (ch. 11 spoilers)

Spoiler

The enemy with Emblem Marth

and for the purposes of being consistent with the story, I get no divine pulses. And this difficulty has no battle saves. Pain, suffering, and agony.

Yunaka joined at a weird time for me to judge. Double avoid bonus is insanely good, but none of the maps (other than the one she joins in, but Alear is with her and better) before this have really highlighted that. There’s woods all over the place, though, and with a forged weapon… she’s insanely good.

19 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

anyone could use it, but it feels Tailormade for Jade,

I haven't fielded Jade at all oops.

16 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Also can we stop with shitty dubstep on villains pls

This one good.

11 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

3 x 9 + 7

Spanking by Onee-sama

Can i have chain attack theme in the chat bois

I just recruited Gremlin Anna. I tried to have her finish the boss, but she missed a 78% and got killed in retaliation. Fortunately Framme attacked first to shift the RNG, so Anna could properly land that 78% hit.

8 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I'd say, to this point I've yet to decide who I'm going to have Alear S support with for my first playthrough.

I still don't know what my options are. None of the characters in particular are jumping out at me, so maybe I'll flag the solo Alear ending after all? She can be the cool aunt to her friends' kids.

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

Broke: DLC story is a prequel

Woke: DLC story is some in-between shit ala Cindered Shadows

Bespoke: DLC story is actually just the Fates Festival DLC in HD

I can't believe Engage DLC discourse is just Xenoblade 3 DLC discourse.

2 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Now i am starting to wonder if Kaga was on the writing team lmao

He was brought in as a special writing consultant, to commemorate the anniversary.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

flsIW6HG_o.jpg

Etie looks like she's cosplaying as Balthus. It seems like character keep their color palette when they promote, which is cool.

13 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Can i have chain attack theme in the chat bois

Chain attacks are so wack. 10 hits from those things and you're just dead, no matter what.

1 minute ago, Lightchao42 said:

still don't know what my options are. None of the characters in particular are jumping out at me, so maybe I'll flag the solo Alear ending after all? She can be the cool aunt to her friends' kids.

Ivy, Timerra and Yunaka would be my options, however, that is hypothetical as I don't feel like S-Supporting in this game.

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Looks like War Thunder leaked classified files one too many times... That's pretty hilarious though.

Edited by FlyingKitsune

gsdx-20230123165707.png

In what multiverse is telling a woman you own them something that they'd find alluring?🤨 Well, at least Delsus isn't the main character.

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

Not being able to use items is odd though, i take it there's a distinction with Mana Items? In Arland and Dusk, only alchemist characters can use items. Starting in Mysterious, Gust realized that limit was kinda arbitrary so they removed it (even though they brought it back temporarily for Lulua - Arland 4, and that game has three alchemist characters+2 more as DLC). 

Items and Mana Items are separate things. "Medicine" is an Item, made and purchased via Shop Synthesis, usable by everyone. "Heal Jar" and "Flame" might be a bottle of healing liquid and a round incendiary, but they're Mana Items made via Mana Synthesis and usable only by Klein. -I intentionally chose two normal Items very similar to two Mana Items, "Meunière" being a dish of fish has no such alchemical equivalent.

I can Mana Synth everywhere, even in dungeons and during battle. And Elements are very plentiful (well, Water, Stone, and Wood so far, some of the 14 Elements I haven't even obtained single point of yet (max capacity per Element is 99)), I can even finish off enemies with Klein's normal attack to extract Elements from them, or I can extract them outside of battle from items or Mana Items that I've in storage. This being so, rational abundant use of Mana Items seems very feasible, while conserving normal Items for everyone else to use in boss fights/difficult situations seems wise.

it's all about the quality of the items and equipment you make.

That does not appear doable in the first AI at least. I did unlock something called Weapon Synthesis, but it's about making Mana Crystals that provide bonuses that you can then place into weapons. You have to buy weapons and accessories (two slots for these) it seems. The Weapon Synth materials seem rare, so I'm not exactly going to rush into it.

Speaking of buying weapons...

19 hours ago, Armagon said:

Another recurring character is the bald blacksmith Hagel. Iris trilogy is actually his debut

gsdx-20230123165004.png

'ere you go.

Guy isn't at all important it seems, though he did just inform me of my next destination.

Speaking of recurring Atelier things...

gsdx-20230123170522.pnggsdx-20230123170616.png

We voluntarily went inside it.

Norn the fast & squishiest cat mage. Arlin is the fifth hero and a swordsman, who seems to be hiding another Mana from me b/c IDK. Delsus uses a crossbow and Lita claws BTW.

Typically only the titular alchemist(s) of the game can synthesize. The one exception to this is Sophie 2, where Past!Plachta can also synthesize and there are specific items only she can make. And that was last year, so imagine that.

That girl is a life-form born of alchemy if my memory of the tiniest of light glances into Atelier is correct?

Well.....

Spoiler

gsdx-20230123172015.png

You see those white wings on Lita? 

Turns out Lita is an experimental being created in the Atelier of the -presumably deceased- Iris, her "daughter". 

Annnnnnnd, the object Lita had stolen from her by bad guy Mull (what kind of name is that?) was required for her to live a full normal lifespan. Her internal Mana balance is now destabilized and shall send her health into decline. So now I have a serious major goal to work towards! Good, because I wouldn't call this the most "driven" of narratives so far.

Gameplay-wise, I don't think I love this....😐

You see how Lita's Max MP is red? Now that her secret is out, every turn she spends in battle sees her Max MP decrease by 1. In that screenshot she is at half of her true maximum, which caused her wings to come out and lowered her Max HP but seems to have given her a bunch of other buffs. Although according to the tutorial, once her MP is low enough, her battle performance will decline. At a campsite/at the heroes' home, Lita can take a Mana Bath, which costs Elements and some of a Mana's Energy, to restore her Max MP.

Lita is fast, and her no-MP cost basic attack has decreased turn cost, so she can burn through her Max MP a little too fast of my liking. Random encounters being the norm for this game doesn't work well with this mechanic either. I haven't checked to see if depleting her current MP affects her wellbeing, but I would hope it doesn't, just the Max MP value, it would otherwise be foolish to use them with her. As it stands, I feel like I'll bench her except for boss fights right now.

The tutorial on Lita's fragile condition did say something about being able to assign a Mana to her to slow her decline. I haven't checked, because I have only 3 Manas at this time, and the two back-to-back tutorials also explained that I can now assign a Mana to anyone. Doing might increase their stat growths it seems, and it definitely gives them an immediate stat boost, and a level boost to some of a character's Skills. So I threw my Manas -Mana Protection- on other people.

Feels like I'm only now starting to leave the earlygame? Not sure, don't want to know. Though I think Lita's secret revealed is far enough on plot spoilers to share with you. If some big twist/revelation happens, I think I'll keep mum now.

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

>gets to the end of chapter 11

>8% enemy crit

>no time crystal because plot

>no battle saves because maddening

Were you fast or something

Spoiler

You get the crystal back in the middle of the map

10 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Were you fast or something

Reveal hidden contents

You get the crystal back in the middle of the map

Uh, apparently??

What turn? I could’ve used that thing

Edited by Sooks

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I can Mana Synth everywhere, even in dungeons and during battle.

Synthesizing in battle huh. Lydie & Suelle also did this

though not the same mechanic i assume.

13 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

That does not appear doable in the first AI at least. I did unlock something called Weapon Synthesis, but it's about making Mana Crystals that provide bonuses that you can then place into weapons.

It wouldn't surprise me if you don't tbh.

You can buy equipment in modern Atelier too but it's usually inferior to what you yourself can make.

14 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

gsdx-20230123170522.png

Ah so the Puni talks in this one too then? They talk in Lulua as well and now killing them feels odd ngl. But it is what it is.

Fun fact, Puni do not show up at all in the Dusk trilogy.

16 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

That girl is a life-form born of alchemy if my memory of the tiniest of light glances into Atelier is correct?

Yes and no. Plachta was born human, lost her body, and transferred her soul into objects (first a book, then a doll) and Sophie's goal throughout the entire Mysterious series is about getting Plachta a real body.

Past!Plachta in Sophie 2 is Plachta before she lost her original body. 

18 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

So now I have a serious major goal to work towards! Good, because I wouldn't call this the most "driven" of narratives so far.

And that is probably the most direct threat to someone's life i have seen for the series.

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

What turn? I could’ve used that thing!

It's not turn-dependent, it's area dependent. Once you get far enough with Alear, they'll show up.

15 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Like turn 4 or 5 i think.

Infact, i think you get it even if you are fast, Ruben did iirc

15 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It's not turn-dependent, it's area dependent. Once you get far enough with Alear, they'll show up.

Oh, okay, guess I didn’t get far enough with Alear. Thank you.