Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

The ONLY time i think battle animations every got wearisome for me to watch was playing FE4 Inflation mod. THAT was true hell.

*attacks enemy without HP draining weapon*

Great Shield... Great Shield... Great Shield... and the cycle continues until the fight is basically finished.

Thinking on it, that mod was true hell, mostly the inflation part. XD

• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Oh and don't get me started on enemies with Brave weapons + duel + Continue in the mod. If you can't counterattack, better be prepared to take about 30+ attacks each round! (Brave weapons in that mod sans Brave Sword and Bow are 1-2 range naturally)

Edited by Lightcosmo

Oh yes, and then the FE4 defense theme...

🎵 Dun! Dun Dun Duuuuuun!🎵

🎵Da Daaaa Dun! 🎵

And the cycle continues over and over! 

Hearing this theme after SO many attacks can be quite draining, haha.

12 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

Great Shield... Great Shield... Great Shield... and the cycle continues until the fight is basically finished

"Standing here I realize..."

I never skip EP either. It's disorienting, unless I am absolutely certain of what will happen I wanna know what's going on.

18 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Gaiden/SoV did this first but it's nice to see Engage do it as well.

Why does the funny toothpaste game acknowledge death more than 98% of the series?

Personally, nothing quite beats having to visit the graves of your fallen units to recover their inventory in Berwick Saga. But it's still nice that they did something.

14 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

No, as i'm one of those who leave battle animations on as well, i prefer watching the battles play out!

oh. i leave battle animation, even heal animations ON too. but i do skip enemy phase when its not hectic (yet). like early turns or near completion in skirmishes/trials. but when its face off against bosses tho... i do watch it. i learned from my mistake of skipping too much that someone dies and i press skipped unknowingly lol

speaking of trials, post game trials can possibly net you 1 upgrade per run since they open up more higher levels

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

visit the graves of your fallen units to recover their inventory

grave robber ?!!

These 2 Meteor mages at the end yamete

19 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

No, as i'm one of those who leave battle animations on as well, i prefer watching the battles play out!

Jo samesies....mostly

Some games, Like Jugdral or Tellius would take forever without turning off EP lol

6 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

o samesies....mostly

Some games, Like Jugdral or Tellius would take forever without turning off EP lol

Same. But i also turn off healing and dance animations.

If i can't skip EP, i would at least like a fast-forward option.

gsdx-20230203171049.pngimage.jpg

I didn't realize Tales of Graces was a prequel. Sophie looks much better now. The "Sign of the Cross in Reverse" motion she does during her victory animation is a nice.

The Azoth of Fate is taking a page from Dragon Quest with two kinds of chests that only open with certain keys you obtain later in the game. Thankfully, the game gives you a # of unopened chests indicator per area list, specifying silver and gold ones too. Although, while it notes cliffs needing a grappling hook I presently don't have, it doesn't tell you whether an area has a silver/gold door or a tablet in need of deciphering. That's a little disappointing when the game has so many other QoL fixes. I'll be spending this morning backtracking around now for the silvers and those doors and tablets.

12 hours ago, Armagon said:

Gust has a pretty good track record of that. The way it goes is that on a general rule of thumb, each subseries improves as it goes. This is the most apparent in Mysterious imo, there is a consistent increase in quality as it goes from Sophie -> Firis -> Lydie & Suelle -> Sophie 2. Like I actually dislike Sophie 1 so seeing Mysterious improve as it goes was neat. Same with Secret though Ryza 1 is still a good game.

This isn't an end all, be all. Like in Arland, I consider Lulua (Arland 4) at the top (and still the best Atelier tbh), with Rorona (Arland 1) below it and then Totori and Meruru (Arland 2 and 3) are lower spots (Totori is like my least favorite game in the series period). And then in Dusk, Escha & Logy (Dusk 2) I put above Shallie (Dusk 3) but moreso because I enjoyed E&L's characters too much lol.

This raises my expectations for Grand Phantasm.😆 Although unless the game drops an alchemized nuke on me in the lategame, I'll be satisfied with Iris 2 when I'm done with it, so I won't rush into finishing the trilogy right away. ...Though the strong temptation to do so will absolutely be there.😆

11 hours ago, Armagon said:

Oh lookie

IMG20230203214232.jpg?width=464&height=6

Enjoy!

11 hours ago, Armagon said:

HOLY SHIT TEARS OF THE KINGDOM COMES OUT IN THREE MONTHS!

Kingdom Direct when? Nintendo must be reserving fuelwood for the bonfire of hype until the last minute, when they can chuck it all on at once and make the heat of expectations really intense.

10 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Oracles remakes when!?

I demand the same. As long as they make Goron dancing easier.

8 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Fun fact, the DX version was the first Zelda game I ever played, so I have a fair bit of nostalgia for this game.

For me it's one of my firsts. I had the entirety of Zelda from LoZ1 to OoT available in my earliest remembered childhood, and Majora's Mask came into the picture very soon thereafter.

56 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Yeah i never skip EP, just to not miss any surprises

Same. The only time I do is if I'm grinding or something and the enemies are really weak and it's 100% safely mindless.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Nintendo must be reserving fuelwood for the bonfire of hype until the last minute, when they can chuck it all on at once and make the heat of expectations really intense.

It is their next big game this year so we should begin hearing about it soon.

28 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Now

Onto the Finale!

But imma go eat pizza first

Best of luck and may your favorite boring royal of choice kick some ass and take some names, so that now that it's not a spoiler, I can send you my old man video and flex my irrelevant senior citizen superiority.

Either way, I think today is the day.

uw2RykrX_o.png

Probably a bit later, but... yeah, I believe I'm gonna start Gaiden. It's been long enough since 1, I think I can handle some clunkiness again. Then I can officially say, no strings attached, no asterisks, no side notes, I have played the entire series. "Beaten" is a different story, you cannot make me play through all of Path of Radiance

And before you say it Armagon, I'm not counting TMS because if I count TMS as FE I have to count Warriors 1 and Hopes, and Hopes is the last videogame I want to play

Ya know

Considerung characters like Jill, Olwen and Sara are some of my fav. FE characters, i am not surprised i like

Spoiler

Alear and Veyle as much as i do.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Best of luck

Ty

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

boring royal

Bench xD

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

and Hopes is the last videogame I want to play

Look

Friend

If i suffered through it so you too should

HAHAHAHAHA

I'm reading the Gaiden manual, and... Oh my God that's right, I forgot. The absolute madman that made Project Elitist 2 called Boey "Boy."

Just now, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Bench xD

Our definitions of boring royal most likely differ.

Just now, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Look

Friend

If i suffered through it so you too should

I probably would've bitten the bullet if they gave me Hanneman for comfort.

But they didn't.

So I'll pass.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

probably would've bitten the bullet if they gave me Hanneman for comfort.

But they didn't.

So I'll pass.

But don't you want to hate Fodlan more?

It soures me, ME!, on Fodlan, and you remember how i was xD

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

your favorite boring royal of choice kick some ass and take some names

forever in disagreement/differing tastes here

maybe in 2nd playthru i will use lindon't , maybe

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

and Hopes is the last videogame I want to play

but seems like we can at least agree on this one

3 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

But don't you want to hate Fodlan more?

No.

3 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

It soures me, ME!, on Fodlan, and you remember how i was xD

You needed to see the light. I don't need to hate Fodlan more.

Besides all things considered, Claude having a real route might make me like him more, if anything lolololololol

2 minutes ago, joevar said:

forever in disagreement/differing tastes here

Ah, don't feel too bad, that's life at Teehee lol

maybe in 2nd playthru i will use lindon't , maybe

You want me to send the video? I can send the video. Wanna see the video? Of Lindon?

but seems like we can at least agree on this one

Everyone should agree on that one.

7 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Send a D-mail to my past self please

I will send a D-mail, but it will only say "No Hanneman" and you will play it anyway. Then I can mock you because your bad taste will have prevented you from saving yourself.

HYYYYUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

What's the appeal in hating a game anyway...

7 hours ago, joevar said:

Hide contents

make a plot that touch upon emblem of foundation and just outright admit it is Kaga

Spoiler

Fan of that theory, huh.

It would be amusing, yep. If fitting, admittedly.

7 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hide contents

The final time you face human enemies is the filler-ass boat map where you get Lindon. Everything past that is corrupted or Hounds. That random Elusium warship is the final remnants of the Elusian regular army, and its last commander, the random boss from chapter 3 who is revived for some undiscernible reason.

I just thought that was odd, in retrospect. What are these guys even doing out in the middle of the sea? Their entire country and army is in shambles at that point!

Spoiler

They were probably covering their bases. There may have been other soldiers at the Brodian and Solmese borders. These guys were the ones stationed in case Alear approached Elusia by sea.

4 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Yh Loptyr is Beta Anankos

So Medeus is Pre-Alpha Anankos, Duma is Alpha Anankos, Veld is FC Anankos, Idunn is RC Anankos, Fire Dragon is Gamma Anankos, Formortis is Delta Anankos, Ashera is FTM Anankos, Grima is GA Anankos, and Anankos is Live Release Product on Shelf Anankos?

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hide contents

Yeah, fair enough. I just wish the game had earned this melodrama, instead of Lumera being a non-entity for 22 chapters until the game feels the need to bring her back.

HEY GUESS WHAT, IT'S "RUBEN WANTS PLAYABLES TO DIE IN THE STORY" TIME AGAIN! Lumera should've been playable like Jeralt. And move her sacrifice to like, chapter 11. Give me more goddamned time, like even Jeralt didn't fail THAT hard, and Jeralt fucking sucked lol

Spoiler

I've posted something similar. But who cares what I post, amirite. Lumera can even show up at the Somniel before then so we can have actual scenes between her and Alear, so it could be even better than what Jeralt got.

3 hours ago, Armagon said:
  Hide contents

But then her death wouldn't have been funny.

I dis see a post that puts Lumera's death into a neat perspective. Alear is sad because she died before they really got to know her, which makes things make more sense when you think about it. You can argue if it worked or not but with how Lumera was waving every death flag the chapter before, it does feel intentional.

At any rate, it's better than Jeralt because Byleth doesn't talk. I think the better comparison you could've made is Greil. Because we actually saw them interact beyond just "...".

Spoiler

Perhaps. Though it could also be heart-wrenching if they had reconnected and then... Lumera still died, but like, ensuring Alear could escape from the cathedral or so.

Or maybe she could just have been an Eleanora, but thanks to Somniel, she can have actual presence in the game, even if just as an NPC.

Or maybe she pulls an Eliwood but actually joins the party after recovering. Now that would be quite the revolutionary concept, huh.

2 hours ago, joevar said:

i just realized from watching someone's streams. Characters ending dont just change when you S support them. but also when certain character related to them died

now i wonder how much variations are there. this is character endings done right. at least compared to previous "modern" FE where its always live happily no matter what

I take it this also changes for the ones who only retreat? I know a game like, TH, made it so "character retreated still has an ending slide... which states they died from their wounds", but... perhaps not like that...?

Edited by Acacia Sgt

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:
  Hide contents

They were probably covering their bases. There may have been other soldiers at the Brodian and Solmese borders. These guys were the ones stationed in case Alear approached Elusia by sea.

Spoiler

Fair enough. That probably makes sense. Still, imagine being part of such a reject force that you get stationed with the woman who died and the old guy who had been retired for 20 years.

Then again, he's more of a threat than anyone else on the ship, so...

So Medeus is Pre-Alpha Anankos, Duma is Alpha Anankos, Veld is FC Anankos, Idunn is RC Anankos, Fire Dragon is Gamma Anankos, Formortis is Delta Anankos, Ashera is FTM Anankos, Grima is GA Anankos, and Anankos is Live Release Product on Shelf Anankos?

I can't believe Garon is Anankos.

Hide contents

I've posted something similar. But who cares what I post, amirite. Lumera can even show up at the Somniel before then so we can have actual scenes between her and Alear, so it could be even better than what Jeralt got.

Spoiler

No actually, I remember what you posted. Come to think about it, I believe you said she should die in chapter 11 too. I thought it was a better take, to be sure... not that it takes much to be better than what we got lolololol