• Replies 180.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Of course when the Fell Xenologue finally comes out and this will be what it’ll feel like to play it if it’s exactly like Engage’s plot and characters:

Edited by Sidereal Wraith

40 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Ah, the weird (probably one of the more forgettable entries) low-selling Zelda that required multiple GBAs & link cables for the titular co-op.

The fatal flaw of the game was that even the tiniest connection hickup would result in you getting instantly booted all the way to the title screen, with no opportunity to fix it.
Considering we are talking about potentially 4 GBAs with 4 cables, that's a lot of opportunities for hickups.
Levels are long and have no checkpoints... so yeah.

When it actually works, it's one hell of a crazy game. But that's easier said than done.

Edited by BrightBow

53 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

I usually don't kill the guy. It's not your objective, after all. You just need Reese to talk to the head engineer.
When brawling with him, Daoud is probably the best bet. Daoud is naturally bulky and cannot be crippled. And he can use the Warpick, which ignores shields, so it cannot be reflected.
Since the Partisan has terrible accuracy even with Grauve's amazing Spear rank, he might even be able to safely sneak in a Pulverize strike every now and then.

Worth noting that the damage reflect of the Black Shield only works against 0 range attacks. They also successfully need to block to reflect damage. Which means two things:
1. Weapons that ignore shields like Rapiers or Warpicks do not risk getting reflected, as I said.
2. If it does reflect damage, it likely won't be a lot because of just how strong the Black Shield is. Not a lot of damage goes through it on a successful block, if any.
You basically need something like a Lance charge or Pulverize with something other than a Warpick for the attack to backfire at you.

The reflect maybe not a big risk, but the counter is. And range attack just dont have enough damage. Feels worse than maddening that give skill to remove weakness.

I actually not actively trying to kill him. Its just that since we cant bring mount i need at least two turns before reaching him and at that turn either the head engineer still behind the other and get blocked or those 2 guard start to have funny ideas. That kill by thaddy is purely accidental too. Since attacking him will trigger counter that somehow the game already set to hit no matter who the opponent (i know its not 100% like that, but the rng keep decide it like that)

Heck thaddy was just trying to snatch that chest but the boss like to pick him. So i just activate evasion and somehow crit also triggered too

4 hours ago, Lightcosmo said:

Yeah, Sylvis killed him actually! 

How much more ironic can things get?

I am going to kill you. And it will be ironic because you will never see the light or the cosmos again.

2 hours ago, Sooks said:
  Hide contents

Well, if Scholar is fun in a more challenging type of way this time around, I’m all for it. But it was fun to use the funny two hit skills.

That Emerald thing is… cool, but pointlessly hidden. I guess it’s a cool use of the scrutinize ability, but it shouldn’t have been optional or really easy to miss at that. Both theories seem cool.

I uh, figured Osvald never said anything about not killing his family just to be edgy and dramatic but… yeah, that works too. On top of your suggestions, it’s implied that Harvey did this because of Osvald’s discovery of the “One True Magic”, which he showed off to Harvey, so he could feel personally responsible for Harvey’s actions. Maybe.

I figured that Osvald was this rich influential guy who simply had the guards in his pocket. Which is why they didn’t say anything about him, why he didn’t go to court, etc. and that him only being in Osvald’s memories was because he’s a little isolated from the rest of the world. BUT if that is true it’s weird that the corrupt guards don’t even acknowledge that he’s standing right there and Osvald doesn’t say anything about his being right there (just cursing him). I guess there might be more to this than meets the eye and I like your ideas more anyway.

Spoiler

Yeah, the funny two hit skills were enjoyable, but the job lacked versatility. Big damage was all it could do, which was fine, but new scholar might have crazier options. Still, that's all on paper. I suppose we'll just have to wait and see how everything turns out when the game is out. Hey, for all we know the funny double skill might be one of Osvald's personal skills! I'm super curious to see what those are.

Hey that's another nifty theory, I like it! Osvald's rage at Harvey merely being an attempt to distract himself from the fact that, deep down, he considers himself to be the one at fault for tampering with nature and handing a madman power on a silver platter. Trying to redeem himself by putting down the one he enabled, no matter the cost. That's another interesting way the story could go.

Also, lmao Osvald the rich influential guy. Truly the villain. Harvey was an upstanding citizen who brought him to justice.

Obviously Harvey making a physical appearance in the prison would make no sense, but it's the way Osvald's memories are portrayed and his refusal to mention the guy to anybody that makes it strange. Whether Harvey exists or not, I feel like Osvald's almost definitely an unreliable narrator and that there's more to the story.

2 hours ago, Sooks said:

Castti is ready to commit murder.

"No mercy, only pain!"

In-character, honestly.

2 hours ago, Sooks said:

He can’t be the worst character, he’s ready to eliminate that devil called poverty.

He's the Goku of capitalism. He will find poverty and beat it up.

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

This game once and for all put me on the "Kaga can't make good games" side. Even if i like Old Mystery and TRS. A broken clock is right twice a day i suppose.

At least he's passionate about it. How many people do you know that keep making videogames into their twilight years, mostly on their own, with no thought for monetary gain? He's making Vestaria for no greater reason than his sheer love for the craft. His games may be flawed and it's understandable not to like them, but I, for one, believe there's something admirable about his dedication to the art.

...Though he really could stand to be a bit less creepy about women, like goddamn old man...

1 hour ago, joevar said:

thanks for the warning. i really dont understand his "no-fun" philosophy

You don't understand it because it does not exist. Berwick Saga is the greatest strategy game ever made.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

3 minutes ago, joevar said:

The reflect maybe not a big risk, but the counter is. And range attack just dont have enough damage. Feels worse than maddening that give skill to remove weakness.

I actually not actively trying to kill him. Its just that since we cant bring mount i need at least two turns before reaching him and at that turn either the head engineer still behind the other and get blocked or those 2 guard start to have funny ideas. That kill by thaddy is purely accidental too. Since attacking him will trigger counter that somehow the game already set to hit no matter who the opponent (i know its not 100% like that, but the rng keep decide it like that)

Heck thaddy was just trying to snatch that chest but the boss like to pick him. So i just activate evasion and somehow crit also triggered too

I usually just kill the archers by firing over the wall before even tearing down the last gate.

Grauve himself won't attack the engineers and they seem to be set to move towards Reese.

@Sooks Okay hear me out, I know you said you don't like Temenos or his theme, but

C'mon don't tell me that isn't the best boss theme build-up in the duology.

12 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Honestly

Exp doesn't seem that much lower than hard.

But since lvlups are fixed....

Inb4 Vandad has all perfect levels.

15 hours ago, Armagon said:

Which actually, the ring titles are more accurate. Ring of the 

I think Celica got the short end of the stick when it came to ring titles. "The Instructor" is at least cool sounding in its simplicity.

10 hours ago, ping said:

With Bowser as the final final boss of that expansion. Your Emblem Ring (the Emblem of Wahooo) is at another castle.

...I'm game.

If you finish the game and hold L + R + A when making a new file, you can play through the game again with the Emblem of Weegee.

6 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Framme.

She just wishes it was Alear instead.

6 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Is... Wait, are the lyrics of his theme song just his name over and over?

AHAHAHAHAH oh that's amazing. He's so evil and evil that his theme's lyrics are just his name! Oh, I love it.

His theme was made in 2010, so a song with "lyrics" was rather novel in a Pokémon game back then.

On 2/16/2023 at 4:44 PM, Eltosian Kadath said:

Side note, the new Sylveon image of yours is super cute.

Thank you!

On 2/16/2023 at 4:44 PM, Eltosian Kadath said:

Although Umbreon is still best Eevee

Counterpoint: Umbreon doesn't have a cute 'lil bow-tie.

On 2/16/2023 at 9:17 PM, Newtype06 said:

Do you take me for a furry?

Yeah, I thought we established that I was the great degen of the forums in that regard.

On 2/16/2023 at 9:17 PM, Newtype06 said:

Excellent taste, Benice.

Slay.

....Also, wait, Ishin's demo is on Xbox as well?! Christ, I need to get on that ASAP!

----

'Morning!

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

There ought to be a legal violation in there somewhere.

Otherwise, I think one of the top reviews put it best: "A mockery of Steam as a platform, and a mockery of indie games. Keep it up."

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

There ought to be a legal violation in there somewhere.

Otherwise, I think one of the top reviews put it best: "A mockery of Steam as a platform, and a mockery of indie games. Keep it up."

Looking up, the overall company that made the film went defunct in 1998, and the animation division that branched off from it filed for bankruptcy in 2015.

So the movie might as well be in the public domain at best... or legal limbo at the worst. Hence why they could get away with it.

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Looking up, the overall company that made the film went defunct in 1998, and the animation division that branched off from it filed for bankruptcy in 2015.

So the movie might as well be in the public domain at best... or legal limbo at the worst. Hence why they could get away with it.

And the song? They're selling a product with a song in it. Sure, it's less than a buck and the game's a meme, but the music industry does not fuck around with these things.

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

And the song? They're selling a product with a song in it. Sure, it's less than a buck and the game's a meme, but the music industry does not fuck around with these things.

Looking again, both the game developer and the song's creator are Russian. Maybe they actually struck a deal?

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

@Sooks Okay hear me out, I know you said you don't like Temenos or his theme, but

C'mon don't tell me that isn't the best boss theme build-up in the duology.

Yes, I’ve actually heard this already. However…

I also really dig the way Castti’s uses the melody of her main theme with much more epic instrumentation. You can actually hear that melody three separate times in her demo chapter, I wonder how else it will be used in other music (if it has any more tracks featuring it).

Besides, I haven’t actually played Temenos yet. I might end up really liking him, he just seems generic for what he’s going for. But even then, in the gameplay, I already know him + Throné at night will be insanely fun.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hide contents

Yeah, the funny two hit skills were enjoyable, but the job lacked versatility. Big damage was all it could do, which was fine, but new scholar might have crazier options. Still, that's all on paper. I suppose we'll just have to wait and see how everything turns out when the game is out. Hey, for all we know the funny double skill might be one of Osvald's personal skills! I'm super curious to see what those are.

Hey that's another nifty theory, I like it! Osvald's rage at Harvey merely being an attempt to distract himself from the fact that, deep down, he considers himself to be the one at fault for tampering with nature and handing a madman power on a silver platter. Trying to redeem himself by putting down the one he enabled, no matter the cost. That's another interesting way the story could go.

Also, lmao Osvald the rich influential guy. Truly the villain. Harvey was an upstanding citizen who brought him to justice.

Obviously Harvey making a physical appearance in the prison would make no sense, but it's the way Osvald's memories are portrayed and his refusal to mention the guy to anybody that makes it strange. Whether Harvey exists or not, I feel like Osvald's almost definitely an unreliable narrator and that there's more to the story.

Spoiler

Right, the personal skills. I’m interested in how they’re going to be unlocked as well.

One of these days my brain won’t get character names mixed up typing…

Well, it might be worth noting that Harvey makes a physical appearance in one of the trailers (in a way that’s not implied to be a flashback). Whether that’s real or Osvald going off the deep end and trying to murder one of his delusions, we’ll see.

Edited by Sooks

Wait speaking of Castti’s music, I FOUND (a very shot version of) THE THEME I WAS LOOKING FOR

very hidden away, but it’s there. “Empty memories”, huh? Wonder if that’s what it’s actually called.

21 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Looking again, both the game developer and the song's creator are Russian. Maybe they actually struck a deal?

I love the implication that their shared nationality means they could just meet up and talk it over a pair of vodkas. As if Russia isn't the largest territory on the planet lololol

Jokes aside though, does the song's creator even know about the meme? Is he chill with it? I suppose the game's been up for a couple weeks now, so perhaps he's in the clear...

17 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Yes, I’ve actually heard this already. However…

Eh. Generic Japan. 7/10 I still like Temenos's swagger better.

If only I could find Osvald's, but the only upload of it on Youtube does this really weird thing where the battle music is overlapped with Osvald's regular leitmotif. How does that even happen?

And you know the worst part? We can get away with looking music up now. If we dare to do this when the game is out, we'll get spoiled to oblivion and back...

I also really dig the way Castti’s uses the melody of her main theme with much more epic instrumentation. You can actually hear that melody three separate times in her demo chapter, I wonder how else it will be used in other music (if it has any more tracks featuring it).

Really gotta stop to listen to the music more carefully when the full game is out.

Besides, I haven’t actually played Temenos yet. I might end up really liking him, he just seems generic for what he’s going for. But even then, in the gameplay, I already know him + Throné at night will be insanely fun.

That's a common impression for Temenos I've seen online. You know another common impression for Temenos? To end up liking him a lot.

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Wait speaking of Castti’s music, I FOUND (a very shot version of) THE THEME I WAS LOOKING FOR

What's Claude doing in Octopath II?

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I love the implication that their shared nationality means they could just meet up and talk it over a pair of vodkas. As if Russia isn't the largest territory on the planet lololol

Jokes aside though, does the song's creator even know about the meme? Is he chill with it? I suppose the game's been up for a couple weeks now, so perhaps he's in the clear...

I mean, let's be fair. Russia being what it is, chances are very high both are from Moscow or St. Petersburg to even have the means to do what they work on. So reaching out to each other isn't that hard.

Well, considering current world events, it'd be hard to say.

What's Claude doing in Octopath II?

Byleth jacket and Claude face. He truly is the worst.

I mean, let's be fair. Russia being what it is, chances are very high both are from Moscow or St. Petersburg to even have the means to do what they work on. So reaching out to each other isn't that hard.

Yeah, that's a fair point. Still, somehow I doubt this doofus approached anyone in order to make his funny meme game.

Well, considering current world events, it'd be hard to say.

...There's also that, of course.