Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Berwick Saga chapter 9 & 10: Cavalry rush

Massive diificulty spike. Kaga really shows his love for cavalry starting this chapter huh. I notice theres lance sub type weapon before this chapter, but didnt realize whats so different with them, only to experience it firsthand from enemies. Due to this, a lot of unit now in mortal danger more than ever to the point of one hostting them.

Story for ch.9 is okay to good. But ch.10 tho.. LAME too anticlimactic. I was really looking forward to meeting Alvina again. Seems like a very interesting character given last interaction where she dare to infiltrate enemy capital just to tell "hey we're not ally, but i wont do unhonorable thing that some my ally did, so heres some tip to make amends". And turns out she's just stubborn in a bad way. but then get convinced very easily.. like, is she stubborn or not??? then proceed to get dumped become as Reese permanent unit, with weak reasoning too. Even Larentia had slightly better reasoning/circumstances, and she get prison treatment, but Alvina just get a pass. Despite adamantly refuse to stand down and keep pressing the Berwick army before this... 

If Volcen or his advisor knows this, she would be hanged / executed immediately. But i doubt this will be addressed considering shes permanent already, disappointing. This is as low as it gets for me for so far a stellar story. Her stubborn-ness or her confrontation can be played in another way. either get betrayed and then locked by Amalchus, or finally surrender after a fierce battle/duel with Vester. not just standing there where she and her unit in castle just attack halfassedly.. except the ballista.

Heck, only the ballista and Amalchus that poses serious trouble for Vester unit. everyone else just hiding in the houses. If RNG permit, i think we can just pass the turn and the chapter will be cleared just fine wihtout reese doing anything. I didnt manage to kill the ballista before Vester get out of range, didnt manage to kill anyone within castle wall. but still the chapter finished within 14 turns. So for narrative-gameplay, this gets bad points for Fake Crisis & being anticlimactic

Gameplay feels become more narrow or rather become way more punishing unless you do it in certain way. To put it in better terms: now it feels like a Chess Challenge meant for master. one wrong move? ded. Overall good move, but miss when attacking or failed to kill the enemies in one turn? ded. But this not necessarily a bad thing. just drain player thinking capacity severely. Its good that the enemy placement was perfectly intentional, just that it doesnt leave much room for improvement for first timer. 

chapter 9

Spoiler

Up0kgkWueS.jpg

no less than 12 cavalry in this chapter when counting reinforcement. its lance & bow rider to. i hate bow rider be it FE or in this. 

in the end i just kill the courier that somehow has soo much health, with skill like coutner/vengeful (forgot whihc)?! Why the heck that guy a courier anyway. can easily pass as one of the commander. what a bad joke.

chapter 10

Spoiler

beme2fOgKi.jpg

this part is what i consider a Chess Challenge. get halted by Knight that has counter. if you melee attack, then that unit will just right at the maximum point of damage for Lance cavalry. still survive? then theres bow rider for final chef's kiss. going around the knight and forgot to check ballista range also mean an attack with AIM skill from ballista with very high chance of hitting. 

using own ballista seems the correct and easiest way, but what if i dont want to? 

---------------------------

unrelated to all that, i found it weirdly funny you can shoot the magician in the wood from outside with archer, but larentia cant fly past the castle wall, unless he turn around using the mountain tile despite it being higher. just game being game i guess.

Current Chapter 9-10;  Story 7.8/anticlimactic, Gameplay 8.5/chess master

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 hour ago, Lightcosmo said:

The stats inflation begins. Xd

Not a fan.

If this is what await me in the future, Fates will keep reigning supreme xD

31 minutes ago, Sooks said:

so I guess that means I was right in feeling that the paralogues are massively stat inflated?

Yes

32 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Oh, so the bow knight spam (to that extent) is maddening exclusive.

Maddening has like 5-6 more initial bow knights or so

33 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Well I did use tonics for this map.

Thing is if i leave the map now, all the money i spent on tonics and seals for some will be gone xD

Like, 5k gold lol

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Money has no value in a world where magical chemists have the ability to trigger runaway inflation whenever they feel like it. Take that loans! -Or laws are put in place forbidding the transmutation into gold without a government license, on pain of imprisonment. That might happen.

That or just create stuff to sell, thus make enough money.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Anything for Carla please! She's still stuck in a tuned up mass-production copy of Yuuki's! He really should've gotten an Ashsaviour and let her have the Razangriff, would have been more thematic if they both had gotten the A Reals.

That could've been an option, yeah.

FpsxX5wacAEpoeh?format=jpg&name=large

Ah yeah, this is a Gal*Gun game alright.

Kaga disapproves, because the damsel in distress is enjoying it.

26 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Multiple saves might be in order.

Yep. I like the segmented approach because the play is to make a save at the start of each new assignment.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ah yeah, this is a Gal*Gun game alright

The reviews I was looking at for this game (I saw them and skimmed them b/c bored, no real interest in the game) did have screenshots of this scene, albeit not this exact line of dialogue. Although they also insisted this game isn't as ecchi as Gal*Gun.

Fps-R9eaAAAWIpJ?format=jpg&name=large

Game is good now.

43 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Although they also insisted this game isn't as ecchi as Gal*Gun

They are right, the boss fight there was the only remotely horny thing in this game.

Hey hi, here are some of my favorite pictures from Tikal Guatemala.

tK4mQvU.jpg

So I realize now that these little fellas likely aren't actually Tapir's but instead a related mammal

Still cute though.

DuxUhrf.jpg

Arriving upon a temple while wondering through the jungle for a bit is one hell of an experience.

MJZzozB.jpg

These are ancient monuments but even today Maya people will preform ceremonies within them.

jCfZhGL.jpg

We even were allowed atop one of the temples, it was absolutely breathtaking and I wish my phone could've captured it better.

VefN3SU.jpg

And here was my favorite part. Atop another temple we sat and watched the sun set for what felt like forever. We all were silent and could only hear the sounds of birds and bugs throughout the vast dense jungle.

So many thoughts went through my head at that point but they all manifested in the same way, it's as if everything I had ever worried about had completely vanished at that point as my full attention was spent on simply looking towards the land and sun.

"This is the point of living" I thought "This is why we go on"

9AQWIsc.jpg

The three bright lights you see next to the temple are the moon, Venus and, Jupiter. The park was far enough away from the light sources of any cities that we could see them as early as the sunset.

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

This is why Maya gets framed for murder in every game. I like to think the judge is just waiting for Maya to actually commit murder so he can finally be vindicated.

....why is the only crime anybody ever wants to commit in this universe is murder?

Can't wait for the shoplifter arc.

3 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Thinking of doing a Professor Oak Challenge (where you complete as much of the dex as possible before each badge), or a more casual pokedex work? Also planning on doing any if the Sevii islands post game in this dex work?

I'm thinking casual, something along the lines of becoming the champion and then trying to fill out the Pokedex

And of course I'll do post game content. I really want to take my time with these games since I'm not trying to blast through them like I am with Fire Emblem.

9 hours ago, ping said:

The randomiser makes it so that you swap most of your team between any two fights, so I now have the head canon that you put their Pokeballs under the steam hammer because they had, like, a mild flu.

I mean, fair is fair, that does sound like something I would do

9 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Becoming what i hate...is that my lot in life?

Hey, you could become one of the cool Jeigans. Like Ward!

6 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

It happens so often though where the prosecution will make an argument and the judge will just take their word for it while when the defense makes an argument you have to bring incredibly specific proof in order to convince him.

I mean from a gameplay perspective I get it but Jesus Christ.

Judge is a complete moron. But that's okay. We love Judge anyway. He is lovable.

5 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

He was a rich lawyer, plenty of people lower their standards for decency when it involves rich people

Mrs. Von Karma be like "but money thoe."

Little did she know, he wasn't actually rich. He was born with the fancy clothes, because evil people must wear fancy clothes.

4 hours ago, joevar said:

Story for ch.9 is okay to good. But ch.10 tho.. LAME too anticlimactic. I was really looking forward to meeting Alvina again. Seems like a very interesting character given last interaction where she dare to infiltrate enemy capital just to tell "hey we're not ally, but i wont do unhonorable thing that some my ally did, so heres some tip to make amends". And turns out she's just stubborn in a bad way. but then get convinced very easily.. like, is she stubborn or not??? then proceed to get dumped become as Reese permanent unit, with weak reasoning too. Even Larentia had slightly better reasoning/circumstances, and she get prison treatment, but Alvina just get a pass. Despite adamantly refuse to stand down and keep pressing the Berwick army before this... 

Ehh I disagree. I feel she not only makes sense, she's also the eprfect deconstruction of the Camus archetype and one of Kaga's best written female characters.

If Volcen or his advisor knows this, she would be hanged / executed immediately. But i doubt this will be addressed considering shes permanent already, disappointing. 

...uhh, I do admit I never did stop to think about this. But between her clout and Vester's interference, I think they would find it pretty difficult to get to her. She's not a nobody like Larentia, after all.

Gameplay feels become more narrow or rather become way more punishing unless you do it in certain way. To put it in better terms: now it feels like a Chess Challenge meant for master. one wrong move? ded. Overall good move, but miss when attacking or failed to kill the enemies in one turn? ded. But this not necessarily a bad thing. just drain player thinking capacity severely. Its good that the enemy placement was perfectly intentional, just that it doesnt leave much room for improvement for first timer. 

Yeah, chapters 9 and 10 are super challenging, some of the hardest in the game. Chapter 11 is kinder, a sort of calm before the storn breather. The storm being 11-1.

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

Ah yeah, this is a Gal*Gun game alright.

Kaga disapproves, because the damsel in distress is enjoying it.

Ah, Japan. Can't keep your hands in your pockets, Japan.

1 hour ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Hey hi, here are some of my favorite pictures from Tikal Guatemala.

tK4mQvU.jpg

So I realize now that these little fellas likely aren't actually Tapir's but instead a related mammal

Still cute though.

Ho! What a cute little guy.

1 hour ago, Edelguardiansing said:

DuxUhrf.jpg

Arriving upon a temple while wondering through the jungle for a bit is one hell of an experience.

MJZzozB.jpg

These are ancient monuments but even today Maya people will preform ceremonies within them.

jCfZhGL.jpg

We even were allowed atop one of the temples, it was absolutely breathtaking and I wish my phone could've captured it better.

VefN3SU.jpg

And here was my favorite part. Atop another temple we sat and watched the sun set for what felt like forever. We all were silent and could only hear the sounds of birds and bugs throughout the vast dense jungle.

So many thoughts went through my head at that point but they all manifested in the same way, it's as if everything I had ever worried about had completely vanished at that point as my full attention was spent on simply looking towards the land and sun.

"This is the point of living" I thought "This is why we go on"

9AQWIsc.jpg

The three bright lights you see next to the temple are the moon, Venus and, Jupiter. The park was far enough away from the light sources of any cities that we could see them as early as the sunset.

Wow.

What a cool place that sounds like.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Judge is a complete moron. But that's okay. We love Judge anyway. He is lovable.

Its the beard, you just can't hate a man with such a stunning beard .

3 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Still cute though.

A bit of googling makes me conclude that the little cutie is a Coati.

3 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Just out of curiosity, was it dark enough for you to see the Milky Way?

Overall, thanks for sharing, there were some stellar views in there.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ehh I disagree. I feel she not only makes sense, she's also the eprfect deconstruction of the Camus archetype and one of Kaga's best written female characters.

kaga best female character maybe. the idea itself is good, but not executed to its potential. I do like her for that actually. but i've seen several example of "stubborn loyal general" trope and the conclusion here just kinda anticlimactic.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

But between her clout and Vester's interference, I think they would find it pretty difficult to get to her. She's not a nobody like Larentia, after all.

vester interference wont mean a damn thing to Volcen and his cohorts imo. Altho i agree She herself knows how to handle herself... which actually another my point of problem: she can infiltrate and even know what happen on the north of navarron despite coming from south of navarron (the general that she tip us to free, come from the Fort in the lowland north of navarron right? ) so she dont know whats the deal with Vester and fail to understand the situation kinda contradict. sure it could happen, but still weird and contradicting like Engage bad ending.

-----------------------------

irrelevant info dont need to open

Spoiler

i was sick since 5 days ago, hence not posting. not because i hate the game and stopped playing it. 

1 hour ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Its the beard, you just can't hate a man with such a stunning beard .

Oh you are so right.

28 minutes ago, joevar said:

kaga best female character maybe. the idea itself is good, but not executed to its potential. I do like her for that actually. but i've seen several example of "stubborn loyal general" trope and the conclusion here just kinda anticlimactic.

Honestly, I like it precisely because of that. Alvina doesn't get her grand final stand, her tragic death or her "if only things turned out differently" moment with the heroes. She just... realizes she's been duped and defects. She simply does what everyone always thinks whenever a Camus dies. I suppose in a way it's anticlimatic, but in a good way, I'd say. But that's just my opinion, of course.

vester interference wont mean a damn thing to Volcen and his cohorts imo. Altho i agree She herself knows how to handle herself... which actually another my point of problem: she can infiltrate and even know what happen on the north of navarron despite coming from south of navarron (the general that she tip us to free, come from the Fort in the lowland north of navarron right? ) so she dont know whats the deal with Vester and fail to understand the situation kinda contradict. sure it could happen, but still weird and contradicting like Engage bad ending.

-----------------------------

Volcyboy can't treat Bornia like the dirt under his boots like he does Sinon. Sinon is an irrelevant little march way to the west with a force of barely a hundred. Bornia is Berwick's only hope of stopping the Empire's momentun at this point. If Volcyboy executes Alvina for the flimsiest of reasons, he risks losing Bornia's support all over again. That, and I expect nobody really informed him that she was with Sinon. Working around Volcens's back is a common tactic characters use throughout the story.

She knew about General Abus because the prison camp was in Bornia. She was probably ordered to visit it a few times as part of her duties, was shocked by the cruelty in display, and unable to do anything about it herself, she enlisted the help of Gullible Reese. That doesn't mean she is all-knowing. She probably received her orders from Almachus, who only told her as much information as he wants her to know. Though I agree it is weird she didn't look deeper into Vester's sudden imprisonment.

...The bigger problem here is that Almachus is such an obvious, cackling villain that it's hard to believe that rando Lyarc is the only one who ever questions him lol. Really should've written him as a more subtle guy.

irrelevant info dont need to open

Hide contents

i was sick since 5 days ago, hence not posting. not because i hate the game and stopped playing it. 

Haha, hey you don't need to explain yourself. I don't want to force anyone to play the games I like. You play if and when you feel like it.

And of course, one's health comes first. You're feeling better now, right?

7 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Still cute though.

This reminds me of how I've always kinda hated how the United States is just.....boring when it comes to animals. Like at least in Canada you get moose (and tbf they do crossover to some parts of the United States) but like all the cool animals do not live in the United States. And the cool ones we do have aren't even exclusive to us.

Idk maybe it's cause I live in Florida lol. World's most boring place.

Today is Castti day, but I have to sit through a whole day of school first. There truly is no cure for evil.

14 minutes ago, Armagon said:

This reminds me of how I've always kinda hated how the United States is just.....boring when it comes to animals. Like at least in Canada you get moose (and tbf they do crossover to some parts of the United States) but like all the cool animals do not live in the United States. And the cool ones we do have aren't even exclusive to us.

I saw a moose in Alaska, which geographically is Canadia but not.

14 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Idk maybe it's cause I live in Florida lol. World's most boring place.

But the alligators

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I guess literally every non-Floridan (Floridian?) has been lying about Florida

All those videos about alligators in the swimming pools or whatever? Fake news, it's all CGI.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

All those videos about alligators in the swimming pools or whatever? Fake news, it's all CGI.

So... do you go and look into every neighboring houses Swimming pool? lmao

(I know it wasn't meant in that manner, but i could not pass that up. XD)

Edit: please let me know if you want me to edit that, as i really do not want to make you uncomfortable in any manner.

Edited by Lightcosmo

21 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Florida man masters CGI at a professional level just to keep the lies about his state going “for the memes”