• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Just now, Shrimperor said:

@Benice For Ch4 sidequests i can do em in any order, or do i have to do them in a certain order?

In every chapter after the first few, you can do 'em in any order, barring a few exceptions. I'd do the one at the lower streets first, myself.

Also, if you wanna know a thing you can do with a certain playable you get soon...

Spoiler

They have hide, provoke and steal-Steal allows you to take any non-rare/limited item, but you can't move while you steal, a lot like Faye's sunder. However, if you provoke while hidden, enemies can't attack you, but they will walk towards you, allowing you to steal from them. There's a certian Erzie item you  can get this way, and since this map has an auto-escape once you sieze...

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Time for a horror combination xD

Wait, that's what I said!

9 minutes ago, Benice said:

'Night, all! See you guys in about...Eight and a half hours!

Nighty night, Benice! Rest well!

---

Alright, since combining all of my ideas into a horror abomination didn't pan out, this new signature pic will have to do for this month!

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Alright, since combining all of my ideas into a horror abomination didn't pan out, this new signature pic will have to do for this month!

i approve

xD

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I apologize in advance for the quick politics post but Trump is confirmed to have Covid. This post also doubles as a meme post:

Lol.png

2020 redemption arc?

7 hours ago, Shrimperor said:
  Reveal hidden contents

aNKTjZv.png

something scary appeared abababababa

That's not scary, that's the best thing ever.

...Once you get over the initial shock. I agree that, at first glance, it looks terrifying.

5 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Tbh, and this is shared with FE5 and one of my main complaints with it:

Rewards should arrive early. I didn't kill the boss on Turn 14 for rewards to arrive later.

In FE5 if you played efficiently you could miss scrolls and skills.

Seems this game will have the same problem *sigh*

Hmmm... Well, it couldn't be perfect, could it? I'm just glad you're enjoying it anyway.

I will try to defend it, though: This usually only happens in missions with time limits. The thing is, in escape missions, you must be ready to leave with some turns to spare, otherwise your units get captured (or worse, Reese or Ward get captured and you lose). Thus, to add to the difficulty, the game throws rewards really late into the map, to force you to play your cards right to both get the rewards and escape safely.

Other maps will not be like that. Usually. I will admit the game does do some incomprehensible nonsense a couple of times. The chapter 3 recruitable being a notable example. I don't understand why he appears so late either.

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

I think it's pretty stinky that equipment in Xenoblade X is gated behind levels. Don't really see the point in that.

To attempt to limit you on overpowering the enemies with godly equipment.

6 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Full-size version, in case anyone wants it.

Very nice! 👍

2 hours ago, Wraith said:

Where's my whisky? 

You drank it all, buddy.

*pats*

It's okay...there, there.

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

IMG_20201002_004015.jpg

It him

If you don't know what that gold crown means, it's how often other players have died to him. Gold compared to bronze or silver means "a whole lot more".

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

Lowkey, it feels like Xenoblade X is out for my blood.

Maybe it is. You wanted it, and now it wants you.

Isn't that the feeling you want when you're stuck a on different planet anyhow? NLA is the sole refuge of all that is hospitable.😄

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

I think it's pretty stinky that equipment in Xenoblade X is gated behind levels. Don't really see the point in that.

Better gear does have stronger traits and other stats. Though it doesn't make for a huge deal besides Skell 30 vs. 50 stuff. 

And if an enemy drops weapons or armor that say "Busted" and has absolute minimum stats, that means you don't have the Arms Manufacturer to make that stuff not-Busted. You can't get Six Stars (to name a random AM) gear to drop from enemies until you've unlocked Six Stars (which uniquely in their case is pretty bad, because unlike the rest, SS doesn't unlock until really late- after Chapter 10, fortunately, enemies don't drop SS stuff until later either).

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That's not scary, that's the best thing ever.

...Once you get over the initial shock. I agree that, at first glance, it looks terrifying.

True haha.

It's just i was fighting the boss when that scary thing appeared so i was panicing for a bit.

That and i was scared of some cryptic Kaga striking again xD

I'm just glad you're enjoying it anyway.

It's really fun so far, and time goes by like a fly. Maps are engaging, despite taking a long time. After FE4 i didn't expect Kaga to do long maps right (my opinion of FE4 gameplay is: 90% zzz walking around). I also love how the gameplay is based more around skills and stuff, even if i wish growths mattered a bit more since i don't see the point for using someone like Ruby for example if i was not get any good stats. PRFs might help, but only as long as they last. Kaga perfected growth units with Sara in FE5 tbh.

Just the capturing and weapon durability mechanics are really a big question mark. An iron spear i just bought breaking a few turns in was a bruh moment. Capturing shouldn't be really left to rng.

Like if capturing wasn't rng, i would've been able to capture one imperial guy with old shld and not wait for turn 19 one.

This usually only happens in missions with time limits.

I think it comes with my mindset that players should be rewarded for playing fast, and not the other way around. Most of FE is like that as well.

So everytime in FE5 i had to wait a couple turns for rewards to appear after i cleared everything and only had to seize, i was quite a bit annoyed.

Thus, to add to the difficulty, the game throws rewards really late into the map, to force you to play your cards right to both get the rewards and escape safely.

Ngl it wouldn't have been so bad if it wasn't a terrain map. Terrain where ward and Reese walk extra slowly, and anyone but 'new scary thing' wouldn't have made it back to escape point fast enough from there.

Edited by Shrimperor

36 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

i don't see the point for using someone like Ruby for example if i was not get any good stats

I do agree that growth units like her get the short end of the stick in this game. You need a solid skillset to get anywhere, and Axebane alone does not cut it. Though, Ruby does net you a huge reward if you stick with her. It just doesn't do much for her as a unit.

I think it comes with my mindset that players should be rewarded for playing fast, and not the other way around. Most of FE is like that as well.

Yeah, I can agree to that, to be honest. Berwick just rolls in a different way, not necessarily worse or better, but I can understand not liking that aspect so much.

Just the capturing and weapon durability mechanics are really a big question mark.

Yes. I love the game to pieces, but... yes. I agree. Green breaks make one want to punch a hole through Kaga's face.

Ngl it wouldn't have been so bad if it wasn't a terrain map. Terrain where ward and Reese walk extra slowly, and anyone but 'new scary thing' wouldn't have made it back to escape point fast enough from there.

I think the map would be better if the warning came sooner. Turn 20 warning is most likely way too late if your units are on the other side of the map. In a different map it would suffice, but that map's terrain is hell.

Edited by Saint Rubenio