Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

40 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Saw someone say Xenolouge 3 Hard is harder than any Maddening map.

Oh wew

That's

hard to imagine considering how batshit crazy insane late game maddening is. Up there with CQ Luna

41 minutes ago, Armagon said:

They look like Estelle and Joshua

Does explain why i instantly shipped them

25 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

Well the way I think of Avatar chars is like, Xenoblade Chronicles X style. That defines an Avatar in my opinion. Not just selecting their name and gender.

speak it louder for the people in the back

• Replies 179.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I wouldn't call Dora the explorer moments Zero. If anything, super jarring, more than anything later on

Then again Elibe get's nothing right

Mark is annoying for, like, two lines per chapter. Kris and Corrin are terrible all the fucking time.

Binding Blade's story is better at what it needs to do than like 80% of the series, don't @ me

4 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

speak it louder for the people in the back

I... don't think my point would get across regardless. XD

But either way. ❤️ for this one!

Just now, Armagon said:

Just the bridge one and even the actual layout is different.

...That was a joke. Since most people rage about the re using of maps? 

I know, not my strong suit. XD

Wow the Mage Canonners on the towers have an Archer next to them and one of them has a Longbow so for that one, you actually cannot send your flying mages.

3 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

...That was a joke. Since most people rage about the re using of maps? 

I know, not my strong suit. XD

Oh my bad.

Nah but I never want to hear anyone complain about having to "babysit Roy" ever again when Nil is the biggest liability in the series and it's not even close. 

12 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Nah but I never want to hear anyone complain about having to "babysit Roy" ever again when Nil is the biggest liability in the series and it's not even close. 

I didn't play yet but shouldn't dragon ultility make him hella good

Just the typing alone

Also if Roy was only a 6 chapter thing not many would complain. You have to babysit his useless ass for the whole shitty gmae however

"Man this isn't so bad"

>Alt!Diamant summons Marth and Sigurd

>Reinforcements from the bottom where Nil's been hanging out

Me:

thanos-time.gif

2 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I didn't play yet but shouldn't dragon ultility make him hella good

Just the typing alone

Also if Roy was only a 6 chapter thing not many would complain. You have to babysit his useless ass for the whole shitty gmae however

ROY CAN ACTUALLY FIGHT!

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

ROY CAN ACTUALLY FIGHT!

Ultility > Fighting.

There's a reason why Hortensia is like the best unit in the game straight up

Also calling what Roy does "fighting" is quite an exaggeration 😛 

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

Ultility > Fighting.

Hortensia also has stats.

Nil has no stats. 

3 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Can't hear you over the sound of my 6-7 Mov Roy.

So sticking Miccy/Byleth/Corrin/Veronica on him got it

Actually a waste.

Remember there are no level ups in Fell Xenolouge.

We've had the avatar discussion before, and I maintain what I said before: Alear is clearly intended to serve the function of an avatar to some degree. You can change their name and gender to match yours, the S-Support CGs are in a first person view and the game refers to Alear as "you" in a few places. It's obviously intended for the player to self-insert, because avatars sell and the Big N likes it when you sell.

It's a different matter that Alear utterly fucking sucks as an avatar lol. But at least they only fail at being an avatar, but turned out to be a surprisingly solid character. Unlike some others.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

I've done the first two on Hard and am halfway through Xenolouge 3. You still definitely have to actually think although maybe the difficulty handling changes depending on what you're playing as. While you keep your skills from the main game, you don't with the weapons, which actually prevents cheese outside of like specific things like Great Aether Louis and Yunaka Fog.

Then there's shit like Zelestia having Elthunder which means she can't double and almost always leaves Knights with 1 HP. Although you can still trade so I should maybe find someone who has a Tome that can actually double lol.

Map design is fairly good, the bridge map is unironically better than in the main game.

Duly noted.

Honestly, at this point I'm not sure when I'll do the DLC. People say that early on it's hellish, because fixed units doesn't mean everyone is viable, in a complete reversal from the design of the base game. Might be better to let them be extra availability for Best Boy and Best Girl, like all the non-Tiki and Soren paralogues.

...They nerfed Vandad's stats, for fuck's sake. Who designed this crap?

43 minutes ago, ping said:

Binding Blade's story is better at what it needs to do than like 80% of the series, don't @ me

I mean, if Merlinus was deliberately written as a satire of the wise counselor archetype, they succeeded with flying colors. Guy sees traps in every situation in the game except the one time there actually is a trap. It's amazing how useless the man is.

37 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

Since most people rage about the re using of maps?

On that topic, if I may add my two cents. I think map reuse isn't bad, as long as the two maps don't feel identical. Take chapter 18 of Shadow Dragon and chapter 8 of Mystery, for example. Same map, but the situations are so drastically different that they aren't even close the playing the same way. Another good example would be chapter 15 of Conquest and chapter 19 of Revelation.

If all map reuse in the series was like these particular cases, people wouldn't be as upset about it. The problem is that this is... well, not often the case lol

15 minutes ago, Armagon said:

ROY CAN ACTUALLY FIGHT!

11 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Ultility > Fighting.

Leif vs Roy arguments? A thing of the past.

Let us now usher in a new era of Nil vs Roy.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Actually a waste.

Remember there are no level ups in Fell Xenolouge.

Yeah but the Dance/Vein/Staff ultility is still GOAT all the same

And Veronica can summon.

But there's a reason why Miccy/Byleth/Corrin as the strongest Emblems. Corrin and Byleth will make any Dragon insta S-tier

So, I'm expecting Xenologue 6 will make you go through the entire map before being able to actually damage the final boss in a proper manner.

Well then, will be after work to finally finish this and never look back.

1 hour ago, Lightcosmo said:

Alear has no designable traits, how can they be considered an avatar character?

An avatar is a personalized graphical illustration that represents a computer user, or a character or alter ego that represents that user

I will point out that the second definition from the quote (the part after the ,or) specifically doesn't mention needing any designable traits. Both definitions emphasize that the core of what makes an Avatar is that it represents the user. Tutorializing UI describes Alear as you, and in both the wakeup events, and the ring giving we are specifically put in the first person perspective of Alear, uniquely having us see the world through Alear's eyes, as opposed to exclusively keeping us as a third person observer that the Fire Emblem games without Avatar characters tends to. In fact first person perspectives are noticeably prominent with every avatar, Mark awakening in Lyn's hut, Kris looking into Marth's eyes at New Mystery's end (the CG specifically called Marth thanks My Unit), Robin being mind controlled to kill Chrom and awakening to his open hand, Corrin in numerous awkward cutscenes and spousal events, Byleth's Tea time and proposal. Echoes may seem to do something similar if you only look at the top screen, as the bottom screen is repeated used to give us an outside view of the dual main characters. Additionally while the designable traits unique to Alear are minor (just name and gender), they are about the same as Mark (who only adds a birth month to that), a character who has been uncontested as an Avatar for a long time. Don't get me wrong, Alear might be the best written Avatar, his clear discomfort with being worship is very relatable, but he has the trapping of how Fire Emblem handles its player Avatars.

2 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Can't handle the peak that's Alear you boomer

If you think Alear is actually a compelling  protagonist Shrimp-kun then you have my condolences.

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Alear is clearly intended to serve the function of an avatar to some degree.

So is every main character, not just in this series, but in any game. We play from their point of view most of the time

7 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Echoes may seem to do something similar if you only look at the top screen, as the bottom screen is repeated used to give us an outside view of the dual main characters.

Yet Alm is most avatar like character the series has ever had. Undeserved rewards, everything thrown at his Feet, does nothing wrong, you name it

7 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

a character who has been uncontested as an Avatar for a long time.

Because Mark has no actual character