Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Say, are there any good guides for modding Engage? I'm just looking to edit growths and personal skills.

• Replies 176.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

And it's done! Harmony of Dissonance has been cleared!

Next will be Aria of Sorrow, but that's for next time.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

9 minutes ago, FlyingKitsune said:

Say, are there any good guides for modding Engage? I'm just looking to edit growths and personal skills.

Its as easy as getting the gamedata file, opening it in Notepad++, and editing the growths/stats.

Edit: well there is one more step. I can help if you would like!

Edited by Lightcosmo

I was wondering what the Fury thought of the Gradosians residing above their home. Only now have they reacted, with devastating effects. I get Yurika's logic, but did the heroes have to arrive moments before Ru Kain got Larseilamurdered? Orgone Claw F Mode is the fastest and most visceral of the Raftclan ultimates, though that might also be because its associated pilot is insane. (When I do a third or fourth playthrough of this game -we're talking like after two runs of W, which will follow GC, very far away- I think I'd go for Orgone Rifle F Mode. Supers with ranged ultimates aren't so common as melee ones.) Taking out a Raftclans during the first wave of a battle was slightly thorny, owing to a few characters having not built up enough Will and needing to conserve SP for late. The Tekkamen were fairly easy. 

Now it's time for the last route split. I picked the peace conference because of the earlier Moon visit, to finish one of the game's very last secrets. I like that J gives flexibility in where many characters go during the route splits, but literally everyone except two licenses per route? How are they going to defeat the Radam with twelve units?😆 Great for gameplay, especially this late when you've invested heavily in some and others not and those upgrades become more desirable. But it slightly undermines the epicness of splitting in two to simultaneously resolve parallel objective, it feels less realistic when the other side gets so little work with. -And I know "realism" and "mecha" do not belong together in the same sentence.😅

Just nine battles left to go. I'm almost done. It's wearing at me now having played literally nothing else for eleven days straight, but I mustn't stop before the finish line.

4 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

Its as easy as getting the gamedata file, opening it in Notepad++, and editing the growths/stats.

Hmm, do you know what the name of the file that stores that data is, and where it's located? I'm practically lost in my extracted RomFS, haha.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I was wondering what the Fury thought of the Gradosians residing above their home. Only now have they reacted, with devastating effects. I get Yurika's logic, but did the heroes have to arrive moments before Ru Kain got Larseilamurdered? Orgone Claw F Mode is the fastest and most visceral of the Raftclan ultimates, though that might also be because its associated pilot is insane. (When I do a third or fourth playthrough of this game -we're talking like after two runs of W, which will follow GC, very far away- I think I'd go for Orgone Rifle F Mode. Supers with ranged ultimates aren't so common as melee ones.) Taking out a Raftclans during the first wave of a battle was slightly thorny, owing to a few characters having not built up enough Will and needing to conserve SP for late. The Tekkamen were fairly easy. 

Now it's time for the last route split. I picked the peace conference because of the earlier Moon visit, to finish one of the game's very last secrets. I like that J gives flexibility in where many characters go during the route splits, but literally everyone except two licenses per route? How are they going to defeat the Radam with twelve units?😆 Great for gameplay, especially this late when you've invested heavily in some and others not and those upgrades become more desirable. But it slightly undermines the epicness of splitting in two to simultaneously resolve parallel objective, it feels less realistic when the other side gets so little work with. -And I know "realism" and "mecha" do not belong together in the same sentence.😅

Just nine battles left to go. I'm almost done. It's wearing at me now having played literally nothing else for eleven days straight, but I mustn't stop before the finish line.

Was gonna say, but then I remember it wasn't that route split. It's not the last one, actually.

Well, when you consider the nature of the secret exclusive to the other route, then you can guess how good they fared without much of the firepower.

3 minutes ago, FlyingKitsune said:

Hmm, do you know what the name of the file that stores that data is, and where it's located? I'm practically lost in my extracted RomFS, haha.

Almost forgot but I also want to edit starting classes, is that doable?

Edited by FlyingKitsune

17 minutes ago, FlyingKitsune said:

FE assets gamedata ---> Personxmlbundle and jobxmlbundle

Okay, so...

The Anniversary Collection was released in 2019. The Advance Collection in 2021.

It's 2023... could it finally be the DS games' time for a Collection rerelease...? I'd hold on to the hope, at least.

6 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

..Not that I have that much sympathy for multimillionaire corporations, mind. Nintendo isn't going to go bankrupt because they get 60 less bucks. It kinda stinks, I wouldn't feel good doing it, but I'm not about to string someone up for pirating games from big corps.

Yeah same, but people bragging about it is pretty annoying.

The "fuck Nintendo" rhetoric is weird to me anyways the worst they've done is like take down mods and stuff. Which, they shouldn't, but is that really what you want to get pissed about? You don't see "it's morally correct to pirate from" with other gaming companies. Blizzard has done way, way, way worse yet people still play Overwatch and World of Warcraft. Naughty Dog sucks dick to work at but nobody goes "hehe look guys, here's how you can play The Last of Us for free on your Steam Deck".

No ethical consumption under capitalism and all that, i just think it's weird how Nintendo gets singled out for doing stuff that's a drop in the bucket compared to a lot of companies.

3 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

1jcqmibts9ua1.png
obctvjbts9ua1.png
12mrhibts9ua1.png
e5t4ijbts9ua1.png

Demon Lord said trans rights.

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

KSRn6pL.png
kEM3RVG.png
L4v1SCj.png

surprise spanish?

Una sorpresa, para estar cierto, pero una bienvenida.

If they do a DS games collection, it'd be a good opportunity to bundle SotN with them. It'd be a nice follow-up with the Advance Collection having Rondo... er, Dracula X. Just like how the DS was the GBA's successor. So was Symphony to Rondo... Dracula X.

Smh, why it couldn't have been Rondo of Blood...

*looks at the newest thread in the General section*

It's so tempting to make a post about Genealogy!Hilda, pft...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

3 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

>new xbox GP deal 3 months for 1€

>renews

>half the games i wanted to play not part of it anymore

rip

Hey Dad, I bet Like A Dragon is still on it

image.png

Ruben would approve

11 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Also, I have started Trails to Azure's final chapter.

11 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Now we've caught up to Cold Steel II... maybe

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

1652637156974.gif?width=319&height=473

I never stood a chance...

3 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Was gonna say, but then I remember it wasn't that route split. It's not the last one, actually.

My mistake. I checked for the final map deployment count on a non-Akurasu site, so I didn't actually glance at the entire flow chart. I just assumed that the secrets ran out at the very last split.😅

I'm much too tired to begin what surely shall be a mission of pure talk and no battles b/c diplomacy can't possibly go wrong tonight. Nonetheless, my refusal to go to bed early has me listening to select tracks from various SRW osts, I still can muster the vigor for that.😆 Given the prolificness of the franchise, renditions abound and I like sampling the same tune but different again and again, even if I don't get overly analytical with with the comparative listening.

4 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

1652637156974.gif?width=319&height=473

I never stood a chance...

I was only somewhat exaggerating when I said SRW might as well throw me in a cockpit, brainwash me, give me inhuman reaction times, and shorten my lifespan down to few months or days. I can no-life on SRW in a way that I can only wish I could with other video games. Such is the result of mental conditioning from sweet childhood long ago.

By now, the magic is starting to become a bit too familiar on the eyes and ears. And the lategame can be a bit wearisome in SRW, even if I'm feeling like fights are going smoother than in the midgame with everyone now at full strength. Nonetheless, keenly aware of my tendency to leave games unfinished, I have to press on. Maybe a day's break is okay, but two begins a slippery slope.

Even so, I have irrational thoughts of plans for my second run, I am eager for it. -Or so I think. What the brain craves, the tongue might not find so delightful in practice, I know I'll need to hold off from touching SRWJ for a while after this.

19 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Me when i take the camera out of bounds to look at the game in a way it wasn't meant to be looked at.

Wait, are you criticizing the fan remaster with the "soul.png" moniker?

Either way, I still feel obligated to get Re-Boot Camp. Advance Wars has been dead, this is the glimmer of life that shall probably recede away, but I have to support it. I'll just have to set aside Drake's total lack of chin this time around. 

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

My mistake. I checked for the final map deployment count on a non-Akurasu site, so I didn't actually glance at the entire flow chart. I just assumed that the secrets ran out at the very last split.😅

I'm much too tired to begin what surely shall be a mission of pure talk and no battles b/c diplomacy can't possibly go wrong tonight. Nonetheless, my refusal to go to bed early has me listening to select tracks from various SRW osts, I still can muster the vigor for that.😆 Given the prolificness of the franchise, renditions abound and I like sampling the same tune but different again and again, even if I don't get overly analytical with with the comparative listening.

Haha, it's fine.

Specially if it's the Jovian Peace Talks again. lol

Ah yes, it can be nice to listen to the tracks. Specially the different renditions. J in particular choses to go for fast-paced renditions of the tracks. It's notorious when you hear slower-paced versions. Like those of Alphaverse. In my Dream and Realize come to mind.