Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

5 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

So much for the ideal Life Core Unit being a woman (although I can imagine it was A that invented the "one able to harbor life is naturally the best choice" reasoning). Excellent subtle purely coincidental timing for when he shows up again J.

And thank you for the clarification and further information!😃

Admittedly, I don't recall. Still, I'd think Gosterro wasn't piloting the Devil Gundam for that intention anyway. And we know men can be the core, WITH THE HELP OF KYOJI.

Huh. A man curiously consistently cross. Cross-piloting is the truest breaking of boundaries, to plant the flesh of one license in the steel of another, potentially an act of sacrilege depending on the audience.

While the Dancouga is fine, I think I would've preferred Shapiro in something Gradosian, and not solely to keep the avant garde trend going. The Desire has an overly simplistic big blue design, the bull aspect in tandem with the color reminds me of one of Saya's lackeys.

It also doesn't make much sense since, if I recall, it's the Muge who give him the Desire to pilot. Could be wrong, though. Then again, him piloting something else when the Muge aren't around does imply that. But yeah, a shame we lost that chance for some more cross-piloting.

At least it has the twitchy shoulder to stand out, hahaha.

Wait a sec... isn't the Dancouga in SRW30's Expansion Pack that I didn't buy also something that never got used? I coulda sworn you said at the time it was history curiously happening twice.

-And this explains why the Final upgrade was so underwhelming, but one additional subpilot and a small weapons & stats boost. It wasn't purely as I thought in the moment it happened the result of Dancouga ranking second-to-last narrative in representation in J (Combattler V being the one below it).

Yep. Yeah, for SRW 30 Dancougar was given a brand new design. Which combined with Final Dancougar, makes it the second time SRW has given the mech a SRW-only (technically for Final Dancougar) design. Hence...

BXs9JjU.png

Yep. XD lol

And yeah, Dancougar seems to be in J for roster padding, but it at least got something from its own plot to still show up.

Again, I appreciate you going all Ms. Fressange here!😄 She is probably my own Nadesico spirit animal, giving explanations is fun!

Hehe, no problem! This was another The How and Why... of SRW!

Edited by Acacia Sgt

• Replies 176.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

So, TIL that here in Latin America we dubbed The Prince of Darkness first, and the Nadesico TV Series a few years later. Apparently a reasonable deal couldn't be made at the time for the TV series, so when one could finally be made, it was through another studio, so the dub cast is completely different between both works.

Hmm, okay, I think I have 200% the Aqueduct of Dragons... now for the Sky Walkway B.

And Legion (Saint) defeated! That boss always gives me the creeps...

Now for the Chapel of Dissonance B.

And the Shadow defeated. Seems I can't go any further here, so time to return to Castle A...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

Oh yeah, for like old games it makes sense.

I'm talking about whenever a new game comes out and people are like "hehe, I'm gonna play this on my Steam Deck, fuck Nintendo". There was that whole thing with Kotaku where like a week after Dread came out (first mainline Metroid game in like a decade), they were like "here's how to play the game on Yuzu".

Ah, I see what you're talking about.

Yeah, I do feel it's stinky in that event. Sales is how games succeed, sequels are made and developers are laid off. Even if you feel you'll get a better experience in the Nintendo PC, it's still kinder to buy it and support the creators, then get the game you own on the Nintendo PC and play it your way, like I'm doing now with Engage.

...Not that I have that much sympathy for multimillionaire corporations, mind. Nintendo isn't going to go bankrupt because they get 60 less bucks. It kinda stinks, I wouldn't feel good doing it, but I'm not about to string someone up for pirating games from big corps. Pirating indies, on the other hand? Only a complete barbarian would do that.

Still, there's clearly nothing that can be done about it. I mean, people were playing Engage before Engage came out. And I don't just mean leakers, the Nintendo PC version was already up before the official release lol, the gaming industry has perfected the art of thievery to the point where it is viewed as a perfectly normal way to engage with it.

Okay, finally got the means to open the magically sealed doors. Now I'm at the Castle Top Floor A, time to fight Pazuzu!

Hm? This would be the usual area to fight Dracula, but Pazuzu is here instead. Guess this is another thing being copied from SotN.

Oh yeah, the Sky Walkway has been 200%. Map-wise, so has the Chapel of Dissonance, but there's an item I'm still missing from the B version. Well then, now to venture down the Castle Treasury A.

Wait, the Minotaur again!? Lazy devs! lulz

Edited by Acacia Sgt

I'm glad the furniture shows up and gets placed regardless of which version of the castle is it, but it's still amusing how that works.

Okay, time for the Skeleton Cave A.

I just realized how asinine the idea of making Timerra a wolf knight is, when she joins alongside Merrin, who is already a wolf knight.

I mean, I'm still gonna do it. This entire run is built on terrible decisions. But still, you forgot didn't you @Sooks

7 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

VC5 when

After the rest are added to Steam.

---

Okay, Legion (Corpse) defeated.

9 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

After the rest are added to Steam.

I would take a VC2/3 remake with gameplay akin to VC1/4, too.

Especially since i was actually quite enjoying VC3 cast and story...but not as much the gameplay

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

Haaa, this Cipher's Charm, it got mistranslated. Apparently it's meant to be Sypha's Charm.

Okay, now for the Luminous Caverns A.

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Haaa, this Cipher's Charm, it got mistranslated. Apparently it's meant to be Sypha's Charm.

Okay, now for the Luminous Caverns A.

Maybe Cipher is actually surnamed Fernandez

18 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Maybe Cipher is actually surnamed Fernandez

That's still quite the mistranslation to make, pft.

---

Okay, Death defeated. I don't even know where he is in the boss order, hahaha. Considering I can go fight Talos before him... on that subject, gotta fight him next.

Okay, I think the Luminous Caverns have been 200%.

At last, reached Entrance B.

Now for Marble Corridor B.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

19 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Can that be even called winning?

I'm past that map, fuck yeah it can. I don't want to do that again in a hurry. Fucking billion things coming from every direction, fucking fog keeping me from seeing them. And to top it all off, I chose the worst possible team for this. No Citrinne, no Ivy, just Zelkov and a bunch of scrubs.

...Actually, on that topic, that's the saddest part about this. So far I had the most fantastically pathetic team, but now that Alfred and Amber are dead, I might have to replace them with... good units. Bleagh...

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I'm past that map, fuck yeah it can. I don't want to do that again in a hurry. Fucking billion things coming from every direction, fucking fog keeping me from seeing them. And to top it all off, I chose the worst possible team for this. No Citrinne, no Ivy, just Zelkov and a bunch of scrubs.

...Actually, on that topic, that's the saddest part about this. So far I had the most fantastically pathetic team, but now that Alfred and Amber are dead, I might have to replace them with... good units. Bleagh...

you lost like the strongest unit in the game with Panette

Tsk tsk tsk, letting Día de Muertos girl die... or was that the itention, Ruben!?

---

I'd say, Circle of the Moon did the High Jump best of the three Metroidvanias I've played so far...

7 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

you lost like the strongest unit in the game with Panette

Like I would've used her anyway. Come now, I had Alfred and Amber and Van fucking Dad in my Maddening team on chapter 13. You really think I would've added Pannette to that team?

Heck, I'm actually sad and weighing the possibility of redoing the map tomorrow with a clearer head... for Amber and Alfred, Pan's going straight into the bench if I do this lol

7 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Tsk tsk tsk, letting Día de Muertos girl die... or was that the itention, Ruben!?

I mean, I kinda like her design. It's wild, but I dig the dress and the fierce glares. But that map was absolutely insane, I couldn't help it.