Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Fun fact: Yubello has -2 base magic. On every class except mage and sorcerer he can get invisible magic levels.

I knew. It wasn’t enough to stop me.

And he was right. I saved the world, didn't I?

Did you save him?

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I knew. It wasn’t enough to stop me.

Neither me, of course. But it's still funny that he's arguably better as a fighter than a mage lol

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Did you save him?

He found salvation.

@Armagon

https://www.siliconera.com/interview-atelier-marie-remake-games/

"What are your thoughts on Atelier Elie and Atelier Lilie? How would you feel about also eventually revisiting those games with possible remakes?

Junzo Hosoi: It is possible. One of our goals is to have the entire Atelier series, starting with Atelier Marie, available in the digital stores."

-Just in case you didn't see this yourself.

11 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

dy1xkd1tt56b1.jpg?auto=webp&v=enabled&s=

When my eyes first read this, I slipped two letters in one word, care to guess which?🦐

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

20 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

With this, the ritual arcane is completed. From the hellish void, shall descend the apocryphal gift of the heavens.

Congrats!

The Hades Project Zeorymer SRWJ storyline is handicapped I presume from being a 4-part OVA, and any darkness of its source material. It too is limited by having only eight villain mechs and one hero mech, can't do a whole lot with that.

Well, also since this was Zeorymer's debut. MX did tried to do more. If I recall, Taiha actually gets revived (I forgot by who, though), so you end up fighting Lanstar of the Winds again after the Zeorymer plot itself has been resolved. Maybe if Zeorymer appeared more often we'd have seen more things done with its elements.

Two little faults I have with the story of HPZ as show in SRWJ- the first being Dr. Kihara's abrupt exit from the picture. The second being SRWJ not showing Masato confront Yuratei inside the Tekkoryu fortress after defeating her in gameplay, that made the Zeorymer ending feel oddly anticlimactic. This said, J makes Dr. Kihara the only villain already aware of the Fury and concerned about the threat they posed, that seems like a special favor from Banpresto's writers.

Well, it is kinda what happened in the OVAs. As Masato was the side winning, Kihara tried to take over him permanently, but Masato managed to stop him. Since the actual Kihara was long dead, and the battle was a mental one, then there wasn't gonna be much fanfare to portray in SRW.

Ironically, this is actually more than what the OVA did. After Yuratei learns the truth, she just lets Masato come in. Who then has the Zeorymer self-destruct, this killing them both and Miku. So... it actually had no battle, more or less. SRW having us fight Yuratei at least makes the thing have an actual climax.

(but not all, where is Earthquake and the Nuclear Missiles?)

Great Zeorymer has all the ultimate attacks of the other Hakkeshu... which I take it those weren't for their respective mechs?

I had to look at the names of the characters for that show after seeing that one of them was called "Gordita"

Screenshot_2023-06-15-16-36-38-08_40deb4

JK Rowling-ass names here.

Gordita only works as a nickname, otherwise the child has essentially been named "fatty". Cookita can mean vagina in certain places so that child is also being bullied if they existed in real life. ChaCha? Nachito? Names JK Rowling would come up with if someone asked if there was a Mexican student at Hogwarts.

Tere, Toñita and Tabi I'm less sure on. I am speaking from the perspective of a Venezuelan, @Acacia Sgt are these real names or did they just make shit up?

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

tried playing Splatoon and Nintendo went "yeah I know you spent 60 45 bucks on this game and 20 8 on the Online, but I don't feel like letting you play. Connection lost, sucker

4 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Never had a problem myself, but i almost exclusively use nintendo online for Mario Kart with friends, which i play too often, especially with the DLC tracks being free when you play online.

Yeah Mario Kart works consistently well, almost never any issues. What sorcery is behind it, I have no clue.

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Junzo Hosoi: It is possible. One of our goals is to have the entire Atelier series, starting with Atelier Marie, available in the digital stores."

This is good.

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Screenshot_2023-06-15-16-36-38-08_40deb4

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Tere, Toñita and Tabi I'm less sure on. I am speaking from the perspective of a Venezuelan, @Acacia Sgt are these real names or did they just make shit up?

I have an aunt called Tere, short for Teresa. Toñita also works as a nickname for Toña. I don't know how common this all is to find in other countries that aren't Spain, though.

I was actually reading the actors list and thinking "what kind of names are there? Myrna Velasco? Melissa Villaseñor? Cristina Valenzuela?" There's some humor in that.

...Oh my God I just noticed Lotlot.

N7YWMnTd_o.png

Anyway Povenmire's character better just be Mexican Doofenschmirtz.

have an aunt called Tere, short for Teresa

Ok Teresa is definitely a common-ish name at least. Toña I think I've heard once maybe.

Tabi is the one I never heard. I know of a "Tati" short for "Tatiana" so maybe it's another case of that.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Ok Teresa is definitely a common-ish name at least. Toña I think I've heard once maybe.

More like extremely common, here in Spain. A bit less among the youth, but there's like a billion Teres.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Toña I think I've heard once maybe.

More common in Spain, and even more of an old lady name at that.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Tabi is the one I never heard. I know of a "Tati" short for "Tatiana" so maybe it's another case of that.

Tabi I think might be the one that's gibberish. Because I can only think of it as short for Tabitha, and like... People giving their children yankee names is a trend here in Spain (an absolutely dreadful one I personally despise, it always sounds so wrong), so a Latin kid being named Tabitha doesn't sound so out there, but I wonder if it would suit the spirit of the show.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Through the power of save states, I have acquired the dragonstones.

Good work.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

I will definitely be using them for Bantu…

Understand that utilizing them on the garbage loli instead shall have dire consequences.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Understand that utilizing them on the garbage loli instead shall have dire consequences.

Dire consequences such as fun, enjoyability, happiness…

1 minute ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Imagine using Dstones on generic old man

I mean he’s cool

But Tiki is just so much fun. So many green numbers from level ups and dragonstone bonuses. It makes my brain happy.

9 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

I see where this going, Dr. Grandpa will have been Herlock's surgeon, who pulled a bullet out of him...

I don't know how Herlock is still alive.

7 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Imagine using Dstones on generic old man

There's literally nobody like him in the series. There's like, six Tikis. You want war, weaboo?

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Dire consequences such as fun, enjoyability, happiness…

Yes, that is not the FE12 spirit.

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I mean he’s cool

But Tiki is just so much fun. So many green numbers from level ups and dragonstone bonuses. It makes my brain happy.

Hear me out.

They have a support.

Double dragon fun, Sooks.

Double dragon fun.

I double fucking dare you.

35 minutes ago, Armagon said:

are these real names or did they just make shit up?

Nacho isn't just the name for the totopos, by the way. It's also the nickname for Ignacio. Nachito is the diminutive.

Also to add on what was already said, Toñita/Toña is the same thing but for Antonia.

27 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I was actually reading the actors list and thinking "what kind of names are there? Myrna Velasco? Melissa Villaseñor? Cristina Valenzuela?" There's some humor in that.

Ever heard of Armando Hoyos?

8 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Nacho isn't just the name for the totopos, by the way. It's also the nickname for Ignacio. Nachito is the diminutive.

Also to add on what was already said, Toñita/Toña is the same thing but for Antonia.

Oh yeah, I forgot Toña's supposed to be a diminutive too lol. People in rural areas just never call people by their actual names. Heck, sometimes I have trouble remembering my grandmother's name. Everyone calls her Maruja and I don't even know why.

Just now, Eltosian Kadath said:

Time to bring the courtroom some breakfast, by revealing Eggs Benedict as the hidden accomplice.

That's Eggert Benedict, get it right!