Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Valor is Hot Blood. I prefer Valor, Hot Blood sounds like something some dramatic and energetic pilot age 17 might say, and it might sound better in Japanese, but otherwise it's too juvenile for me

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

• Replies 177.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Hey man, if people like Ryouma Nagare can still be hot blooded in their 30's (Getter Robo Armageddon)...

Hot Blood certainly has that Shounen feel... but ain't restricted to it. It's more energetic than courageous. So Valor doesn't quite fit. At least I'd think so.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Xenoblade X update. I killed my first Tyrant, the Tyrant in question being Roderick, The Fleet-Footed. Pretty easy fight. After that, I went to Primordia's east coast and tried to setup the FrontierNav point there 

IMG_20201004_144126.jpg

Only to learn that some points are locked behind higher Mechanical Levels. I didn't think FrontierNav points would be gated behind Mechanical Levels because not only do they serve as the fast travel points but I was able to do one in Sylvalum no problem.

Anyways, as you can see, Oblivia was in my sights so I decided to go there.

IMG_20201004_145227.jpg

Good shot.

IMG_20201004_145557.jpg

I set up the FrontierNav point around here and then decided to make my goal the giant ring structure (that you can't see in this screenshot because of the dust).

IMG_20201004_150136.jpg

But I did make it. Went to go setup the FrontierNav point at the base of the ring but I needed Lv.2 Mechanical for that.

7 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Oh, and I just noticed you've got a Longsword? You can't go wrong with any class, picking Striker and then keeping the weapon setup and going Samurai Gunner is all good. That was my progression on my first playthrough.

Yeah, I was looking at the class options I had and I chose to go with the one marked "beginner" since I'm still learning how to actually play the game. I like that no class is permanent too.

Btw, speaking of learning, what actually triggers heals in this game?

3 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

archers are garbage in FE6

Eh, they're actually pretty good on HM, since you wanna get rid of enemies before they get rid of you.

2 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

@Benice @Saint Rubenio 

kemprgL.png

is this just a generic guy with a portrait?

Well, Sorta? He'll show up in basically every main mission, (yes, even if you kill him) for quite a while. Daoud gets a scene with him if this bloke gets captured, though.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

So yeah, ch6 was basically Wait simulator until treasure appeared at turn 18, of course, and then it was escape simulator.

I wish I had that experience, I'm not gonna lie.

I'm sorry?? For the love of Kaga, why is there an ambush spawn in CHAPTER 4?? This game was supposed to be free of his jank-- Rip Wolt and Allen, died completely unfairly

1 minute ago, Sooks1016 said:

I'm sorry?? For the love of Kaga, why is there an ambush spawn in CHAPTER 4?? This game was supposed to be free of his jank-- Rip Wolt and Allen, died completely unfairly

FE6? Jank-free? Hahaha!

Seriously though, ambush spawns are one of the biggest complaints I've seen be leveled against FE6, and rightly so. It's one of the most annoying bits about the game.

20 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

>FE6
>Jank free

Man, i wish i could tell you to have fun, but considering how much i LOVE FE6...

lol

Well, try to enjoy it xD

Sooks, my friend, a word of advice-If I like a game that isn't Berwick Saga, stay 12 miles away from it at all times.

I’m hoping to be fine with it—

7 minutes ago, Benice said:

Sooks, my friend, a word of advice-If I like a game that isn't Berwick Saga, stay 12 miles away from it at all times.

Rip Skyward Sword...

Honestly, aside from the occasional bullshit, FE6 is basically just a harder FE7. The BS isn't anywhere near Kaga levels of bad (and yes, I know ambush spawns but like, it could've been worse).

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Hot Blood certainly has that Shounen feel... but ain't restricted to it. It's more energetic than courageous. So Valor doesn't quite fit. At least I'd think so.

I get your point here, not sure if there would be a still-mature English term that could somehow fit Hot Blood. But maybe there shouldn't be.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Hey man, if people like Ryouma Nagare can still be hot blooded in their 30's (Getter Robo Armageddon)...

Technically who isn't hot-blooded, given almost everyone gets the Senshin/Spirit? From Latooni to Sanger.

Although it's because, like Alert (or Guard for tank people)/Strike/Focus, these are the almost essential Spirits in gameplay, you get it regardless of personality because otherwise you'd be not as good. Other many Spirits are assigned based on personality, or so I think. Love goes to Irm because he's a philanderer, Arado gets Guts and Luck because he's gutsy and likes taking big risks. Sanger maybe has to get Drive because, not only is he driven the way he shouts that he is The Sword That Smites Evil all the time, but because Valor is ubiquitous so he needs something else to represent his hot blood.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Only to learn that some points are locked behind higher Mechanical Levels. I didn't think FrontierNav points would be gated behind Mechanical Levels because not only do they serve as the fast travel points but I was able to do one in Sylvalum no problem.

I've mentioned in scattered posts through this topic and it's predecessor that putting your first three Blade Levels into increasing the Mechanical Field Skill is for the best, this is why. The first couple levels shouldn't take too long.

Level 5 Mechanical requires completion of the appropriate Off the Record mission, which involves solving or using a guide for a bunch of riddles that the game won't point you towards the answers to. One of said riddles requires the killing of a level 55 Tyrant, though you might just be able to rush it dead before you're forced to eject with level 30 Skells.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Btw, speaking of learning, what actually triggers heals in this game?

For healing, a tiny handful of green Arts offer healing exist: Repair- which is very weak- and Smooth Recovery- which comes from Irina- for Knives. L has Mindstorm for Shields.

Some Auras provide healing effects too:

Spoiler
  • Recuperate- Knife
  • Defensive Stance- Longsword
  • Medic Free- Revives user on death, Assault Rifle
  • Overclock- Assault Rifle, from Alexa
  • Enhanced Stand- Gatling Gun
  • Titan Recharge- Gatling Gun, from Frye
  • Thirst Edge- Dual Swords
  • Raijin- Javelin
  • Speed Demon- Javelin
  • Geolibrium- Photon Saber
  • Astral Protection- Psycho Launchers

The Buff Heal skill from Enforcer grants the character with it 100-500 HP when a buff is applied to them, and the Healing Aura skill from Samurai Gunner heals its user for 12-20% of their max HP when an Aura is applied. 

Now for the majority of heals you'll be getting in this game, you'll have to rely on Soul Voices.

A Soul Voice Challenge- the standard Xenoblade circle QTE- can randomly trigger if their conditions are met. 

The following are all the kinds of Soul Voices everyone has:

Spoiler
  • Draw Melee- You start the battle with a melee weapon equipped.
  • Draw Ranged- You start the battle with a ranged weapon equipped.
  • Opening Art- You start a battle by using an Art.
  • HP Risk- Your HP drops below 60%.
  • HP Peril- Your HP drops below 30%.
  • Last Words- You got KO'ed.
  • Heavy Hitter- You landed a critical hit.
  • Dismemberer-  An enemy appendage was destroyed.
  • Underdog- An enemy larger than you drops below 50% of their HP.
  • Artful Execution- The bonus effect of an Art was successfully activated. For instance, you landed Physical Res Down with Magnum Edge or Elma hit the enemy from behind with Shadowstrike.
  • Aura Ready- You activate an Aura.
  • Activate Overdrive- "Now you face Kentaro Nagi. All BLADEs, use Overdrive!" Sorry the quip, but this one's activation trigger is self-explanatory.

In addition, everyone has four of the following Soul Voices, Cross can choose their's.:

Spoiler
  • Finishing Blow- You deal the final hit to an enemy, provided there are others in the fight.
  • Untouchable- A character dodges three consecutive hits.
  • Critical Combination- A character deals three successive critical hits.
  • Wayward Weather- The weather changes mid-fight (this is pretty bad, don't put it on Cross).
  • Sprinter- Character sprints for three or more seconds during a fight (why would you do this barring use of the Speed Demon Aura?).
  • Medicine Man- Receive a buff or non-Soul Voice heal from a male character.
  • Medicine Woman- Receive a buff or non-Soul Voice heal from a female character.
  • Daredevil- Use an Art that deals damage while below 30% HP.
  • Higher Ground- Attack the enemy from an elevation higher than its (look at your positioning to see if it says "Above").
  • Toppler- You Topple an enemy.
  • Stunner- You Stun an enemy (not the same as Stagger, I don't get why Stagger doesn't get a Soul Voice or shares this one).
  • Sandman- You put an enemy to Sleep (meaning you used Screamer- the only on-foot Art that does this).
  • Binder- You Bind an enemy- Bind is Skell-only.
  • Skell Crush- Your Skell loses an appendage.
  • Wrecked Skell- You know what happened.
  • Running on Empty- Your Skell's fuel drops below 30%.

Now, if you complete the QTE any of the above Soul Voices triggers, your character will call out the matching Soul Voice quip which will show up in a colored text box. Whoever uses an Art that matches the color of the Soul Voice, will be healed for HP which increases with their Potential stat, and so will the person who uttered the Soul Voice. The person who responded to the Soul Voice gets a bonus effect too, which is dependent on the kind of Soul Voice and the specific character- Cross can pick one of three options for the additional effect.

The AI might not intend to trigger or respond to Soul Voices, but even if it wasn't intentional they will do so. Keep in mind only one Soul Voice can be answered at any time. So if Elma shouted out one, nobody else can call out one until either Elma's Soul Voice is answered or a few seconds pass and its answer period expires.

Some Surge Augments exist each for weapons and armor which can increase the likelihood of triggering some kinds of Soul Voices. Making X-XX quality is out of your league for a slew of them (why White Yggralith Scales for stronger Critical Surge?) but the V quality I think would be feasible before the postgame.

You can't control when a lot of Soul Voices will happen, though Artful Execution should be easy to trigger. Make sure you can answer the Soul Voices of your teammates (as in have a variety of Arts so you can respond to each color), and be sure of them regarding you.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I've mentioned in scattered posts through this topic and it's predecessor that putting your first three Blade Levels into increasing the Mechanical Field Skill is for the best, this is why. The first couple levels shouldn't take too long.

Ah, i take it no FrontierNav point requires a level higher than three then.

Where do i raise the Field Skills anyway? They might've explained it but i probably wasn't paying attention.

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Whoever uses an Art that matches the color of the Soul Voice, will be healed for HP which increases with their Potential stat, and so will the person who uttered the Soul Voice.

This is what I wanted to know, thank you. Definitely do wish healing was more straight-forward but i'll get used to it.