Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

2 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Thracia has quite a few unique mechanics that make me swallow the stupid bs

Not to mention Thracia enemies are weak af, unlike New mystery enemies, which makes surprises less painful

You know what else makes surprises less painful? Save states

How far did you even get in New Mystery? I thought you quit in the early game, and early game enemies aren’t bad.

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

17 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Is that… that enemy unit in Berwick who randomly has a portrait for absolutely no reason? And yes that is a full legal name

That applies to a lot of Berwick enemies.

22 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Is that… that enemy unit in Berwick who randomly has a portrait for absolutely no reason? And yes that is a full legal name

Well, color me impressed, you got it! I mean, you missed the name she does have, but I'll forgive it. You can find out when you Berwick for yourself.

Also, like Brightbow said, she's not entirely unique in that regard. Though she does get a completely unique, elaborate, surprisingly pretty portrait despite being a random-ass miniboss without lines that you're not even supposed to fight. Kaga!

This is an fe6 hack? Make Merlinus a combat unit.

It's a FE6 hack where you play as the bad guys, to be specific. So no, I won't make Merlinus a combat unit, I'll just make him dead to further damage Roy's emotional health.

F

wait Astram is bad? Noooo

Legendarily so, in fact. Maybe not as appalingly woeful as Bantu, but he's even funnier because he's hyped up as the strongest man in the continent, a terrifying menace that pursues you for multiple chapters with an uber sword... And then you recruit him and he gets one-rounded by thieves.

Not only that, it's literally, objectively advantageous to just murder him in chapter 8. He's needed for absolutely nothing and as a unit he's, well... He's him. With his horrible stats that don't scale with difficulty, it's actually very doable to just run him down in one turn before his actually threatening hero friends move, then seize. Or, get him to overextend in the desert and kill him there, there are multiple ways.

By killing him early, you get Mercurius for the Anri arc and you don't have to waste a slot on fallen-off Jeorge in chapter 16. It's not that it makes no difference, or that he's more of a hassle to recruit than he's worth - it's literally just plain fucking better to murder him. How many other people in the series can you think of that are like that?

8 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Entirely ordinary men my beloveds

18 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Wyverns

True

18 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

And pegasi and cav ambushes

aaaaaaaaaa

But the bridge map!

15 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Huh. That’s… questionable.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, color me impressed, you got it!

I have no idea why I remember that, it came up here once (that I was here for, anyway).

I mean, you missed the name she does have, but I'll forgive it. You can find out when you Berwick for yourself.

Ah right. No idea when that’ll happen. I’ll probably at least play Radiant Dawn first:

It's a FE6 hack where you play as the bad guys, to be specific. So no, I won't make Merlinus a combat unit, I'll just make him dead to further damage Roy's emotional health.

Wait like, the maps from FE6 but the player and enemy numbers are adjusted and you start where the enemies used to start orrr

Legendarily so, in fact. Maybe not as appalingly woeful as Bantu, but he's even funnier because he's hyped up as the strongest man in the continent, a terrifying menace that pursues you for multiple chapters with an uber sword... And then you recruit him and he gets one-rounded by thieves.

Noooo he’s cool.

Although it is funny that every hero in his squad has always been stronger than him.

Not only that, it's literally, objectively advantageous to just murder him in chapter 8. He's needed for absolutely nothing and as a unit he's, well... He's him. With his horrible stats that don't scale with difficulty, it's actually very doable to just run him down in one turn before his actually threatening hero friends move, then seize. Or, get him to overextend in the desert and kill him there, there are multiple ways.

Wouldn’t it be easier to get him in chapter 9 when you’re not running for your life? Or do his heroes not move to attack you even if you’re in their range until the fun times begin?

By killing him early, you get Mercurius for the Anri arc and you don't have to waste a slot on fallen-off Jeorge in chapter 16. It's not that it makes no difference, or that he's more of a hassle to recruit than he's worth - it's literally just plain fucking better to murder him. How many other people in the series can you think of that are like that?

I mean, all the other mid to bad enemy units who weren’t gonna use anyway, so at least you can get some exp?

On 6/16/2023 at 12:33 PM, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

VuoQiZX.png

Teehee, i would like to know your opinion about this situation i randomly found on the net

Time for the rogue choice and say that it is simply queer.

16 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

Also, you're playing New Mystery!???? Make Kris a Mage to level up their magic then reclass to Myrmidon for Levin Sword Swordmaster shenanigans

I did that with a Female Kris on my Lunatic run, and it was a lot of fun, especially with the early Nosferatu shenanigans.

2 hours ago, Sooks said:

can units even reclass to this if they didn’t use an Elysian Whip?

Fairly certain only those that used an Elysian Whip can. In the original FE1 and FE3, pegasus knight could only promote into Dragon Knights, so including the more modern Falcon Knights at all was a bit of an easter egg.

59 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

How can you have a FE6 Villain hack, and not include its most insidious villain of them all, Merlinus

55 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Wouldn’t it be easier to get him in chapter 9 when you’re not running for your life? Or do his heroes not move to attack you even if you’re in their range until the fun times begin?

Fairly certain it depends on the difficulty how aggressive they end up being on that chapter.

20 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Why would that be? :huh:

Typically portraits are reserved for units who are significant as characters or in the gameplay (bosses). I mean unless she is a boss or something, idk.

Otherwise, it just makes you wonder why those specific characters got portraits compared to all the others who didn’t but could’ve. Beyond the fact that giving every rando a unique portrait would be hard and time consuming but at that point, why give any rando a portrait?

9 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Typically portraits are reserved for units who are significant as characters or in the gameplay (bosses). I mean unless she is a boss or something, idk.

Otherwise, it just makes you wonder why those specific characters got portraits compared to all the others who didn’t but could’ve. Beyond the fact that giving every rando a unique portrait would be hard and time consuming but at that point, why give any rando a portrait?

It does play one of the boss themes when fighting her.
Of course if you get to a point where you end up engaged in combat with her, you probably already screwed up big time.

Although maybe the idea is to weaken the charge attack and the ability of the Black Knights to repeatedly hit by taking the route south of the grass hill, which leads through some frontier terrain. Never actually committed to it, though. Didn't do it the first time and every other time it just seemed easier to make sure to start running early enough so they don't catch up with you.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

I have no idea why I remember that, it came up here once (that I was here for, anyway).

I have gotten in your brain, Sooks.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Wait like, the maps from FE6 but the player and enemy numbers are adjusted and you start where the enemies used to start orrr

No, the cast is replaced by enemy characters. So you get the three recolored bishops, the four recolored zerkers, Morgan, and when I ran out of recolors, I started pulling bosses from other games.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Ah, sorry, I meant chapter 7. In chapter 7, the heroes don't move unless you attack them, but obviously that can only happen in EP. It's very easy to murder Astram in one turn, I mean, he's fucking terrible lol. Even in the higher difficulties, where they move if you enter their range, you can still just send a few high-move units, whack the shit out of Astram and then seize. I'd actually argue it's a bit more difficult to do him in in the desert, there's a good chance his hero companions will overtake him.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

I mean, all the other mid to bad enemy units who weren’t gonna use anyway, so at least you can get some exp?

Even the worst characters give you free weapons if you recruit them. Astram gives you one of the regalia a third of the game earlier, exclusively if you kill him.

13 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Berwick Saga has a lot more minibosses than the average FE, though it also tends to have more unique enemies than FE. Even the most nondescript troops tend to have some odd choices of weaponry or a couple of skills thrown in there for the sake of variety. A lot of these mini-minibosses have generic portraits, just with a name and sometimes combat lines accompanying.

Trimier is unique in that she gets a completely original portrait, a really nice looking one at that, even though she's among the most random of randos. She's just some girl without skills or lines in the middle of a "you lose if this reaches you" wave of reinforcements in an escape map.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Trimier is unique in that she gets a completely original portrait, a really nice looking one at that, even though she's among the most random of randos. She's just some girl without skills or lines in the middle of a "you lose if this reaches you" wave of reinforcements in an escape map.

If nothing else, there simply are no portraits for generic female soldiers. Closest thing we have are some eyeless villagers.

7 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

If nothing else, there simply are no portraits for generic female soldiers. Closest thing we have are some eyeless villagers.

Oh wow, that's true. I hadn't realized, she really is the one and only totally generic female enemy, isn't she. They had to make her a portrait because they didn't have anything they could use lol

Oh wow, that's true. I hadn't realized, she really is the one and only totally generic female enemy, isn't she. They had to make her a portrait because they didn't have anything they could use lol

No cute axe girls in this game, sadly.

https://km-hs-lr22.hatenablog.com/entry/2016/10/06/021318

avs059.jpg

16x done and Katarina gotten. Wow those stats are kinda bad, but I’m committed.

And man, I wish these gaiden chapters didn’t have all the uber powerful enemies right on top of you every time, it makes it impossible to train Est and Tiki here.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

16x done and Katarina gotten. Wow those stats are kinda bad, but I’m committed.

Believe it or not, Katarina is like, on the top 3 units that join in the second half of the game. Being a female sage has a lot of advantages, her weapon ranks are pretty cool, her bases are "bleh" rather than "oh my God how did you survive getting out of bed this morning" and her potential is nice if you have her huff up spirit dusts like the junkie she probably is.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

And man, I wish these gaiden chapters didn’t have all the uber powerful enemies right on top of you every time, it makes it impossible to train Est and Tiki here.

Gaiden chapters are the last places where you want to train people. They're the tightest maps in the game, for the most part. Use the drill grounds for that instead.

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Being a female sage has a lot of advantages

Why?

her bases are "bleh" rather than "oh my God how did you survive getting out of bed this morning"

But she’s so slow

and her potential is nice if you have her huff up spirit dusts like the junkie she probably is.

Assuming I’ve been hoarding stat boosters all game, smh

Spoiler

You know me too well.

Use the drill grounds for that instead.

With what money? I’ve been too broke for that all game.

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Why?

Nosferatu, aura and innate weapon ranks on both tomes and staves (the latter of which cannot be raised by arms scrolls). But really, the latter two are just bonuses, nosferatu's where it's at.

But she’s so slow

You did just grab Astram, did you not?

9 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Assuming I’ve been hoarding stat boosters all game, smh

Such is the spirit of Sooks%

With what money? I’ve been too broke for that all game.

Do better.

1 hour ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Nosferatu is really good, and a female exclusive spell. I think Aura is also Female ecxclusive, and a good spell, but Nosferatu is the real gem of the female only spells

Oh yeah, I completely forgot about those.

So who can even use nosferatu well? A well built Kris can, probably… but Linde would probably die too easily, lmao Yuliya, and who else do you even get that’s a woman with good magic early on? Let alone defense and HP?

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Nosferatu, aura and innate weapon ranks on both tomes and staves (the latter of which cannot be raised by arms scrolls).

What do her weapon ranks have to do with her being a woman?

You did just grab Astram, did you not?

And you called him Assram

Such is the spirit of Sooks%

I just don’t know who to use them on.

Do better.

No but seriously, the drill grounds seem way too expensive to ever be worthwhile, when you can easily train units for free everywhere that isn’t like, chapter 8.

Edited by Sooks

9 hours ago, Lightcosmo said:

Well, I suppose this could be true. 

Honestly I haven't played many Ys games and my experience with them has just been mid but from what @Shrimpy -Limited Edition- has said iirc, the heroines in the "prequel stories" are written in a way where they feel like they would've kept tagging along but because the "prequel" was made later, for obvious reasons, they can't. Or maybe that was just Ys 8.

This isn't exclusive to Ys obviously.

Elwood hard mode FE7... I just got a bit of a shock

Ch. 15... The reinforcements that come outta the northwest... Usually Hector and Oswin are enough to handle that. Not this time. That took Hector, Oswin, Sain, AND Kent, with a little backup from Will and Rebecca 😳