Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

2 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

so Three & Nine is the first one I've read in a while (probably not just because it's relevant to the next game

Have fun waiting till 2030 for their story to actually finish. Lmao

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh yeah, she flirted with Joshua, I rmeember. She was among my favorites, mostly because I only really liked Cassius and Estelle to an extent. Being nice to Joshua took points away from her.

I thought you were a massive Olivier fan, way back when.

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Congrats on finishing! Again!

Third run Brain Blade Bellzelute begins in...

Nah, not doing that for a long while.😆 I wanted this second run done so soon so I could see what I missed on the first. Now that all the story has been seen and secrets have been completed, I'm satisfied. I wouldn't do another for a looooooong while. And IDK on when I'll be in the mood for GC. And I wouldn't do another, were it not for the fact there are four Original mechs, and this game's flaws aren't as annoying as AP's.

Oh yeah, about Touya's ending...

Spoiler

Is the damaged Raftclans not retrieved & repaired for no reason and Touya spends that time chatting to whichever girl he's closest to if you get one of those endings? How irresponsible of him if so.

3 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

This is way too fitting lmao.

I think you're right actually, he would get to see the world this way.🦌🛷🎁🌍 Probably wouldn't take 364 days off, he could leave Dogi to overseeing the elves' union manufacturing everything, and travel incognito everywhere to check on the kiddos across the globe. He'll make the old naughty & nice lists from firsthand experience.

4 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

And i still believe the majority of the music will be a pile of bullshit.

Does this sound Ys-y enough that you'd be able to believably listen to it while playing Nordics instead of whatever the ingame soundtrack is?:

Seven and Nox being forgettable musically to me, I've only a memory of Lacrimosa's soundtrack, and this has similar instrumentation, I think?

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

17 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Oh yeah, about Touya's ending...

Hide contents

Is the damaged Raftclans not retrieved & repaired for no reason and Touya spends that time chatting to whichever girl he's closest to if you get one of those endings? How irresponsible of him if so.

I don't remember, to be honest.

TIL my grandma (70 btw) smokes and I had to tell her to drop it. An uncle of mine whose also in senior years who was in the call also smokes and I had to tell him to drop it. Smh. My manager had to get a pacemaker installed because he smoked too much and he's only 36.

Smoking is only cool when fictional characters do it.

37 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Does this sound Ys-y enough that you'd be able to believably listen to it while playing Nordics instead of whatever the ingame soundtrack is?:

Just mod the soundtrack to replace it with Wind Waker, I will keep making this joke.

FFXVI is barely out and there's its already making people seethe

Anyway

On 6/18/2023 at 5:46 PM, Interdimensional Observer said:

And, don't be like me, I have the luxury of excessive time and a dearth of responsibilities to no-life like this. Also, autistic people like myself can sometimes go overboard with the things we're interested in, SRW & me seems to be an instance of that.😅

Too late

raads-r.png

Super_Robot_Taisen_J_-_English_Patched-3.png

And hey, I got to chapter 20 befor-

5 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Finished my second playthrough of Super Robot Wars J.🙂 Took me about 520 turns this time, first was about 160 more. Touya ending variant obtained was the fourth one, as I intended.

Nevermind, you have beaten me again 🙃

B-but I can totally finish this game before you can do your third run!!!!!

8 hours ago, Capt. Fargus said:

Why you got Dorcas’s wife wearin that silly ass hat? 🤣

Its's Wade's sister lol. And I didn't do anything, the game wrote that!

6 hours ago, Sooks said:

I thought you were a massive Olivier fan, way back when.

Yeah, Olivier was my favorite character. But I saw like, two lines of him, he was introduced right when I quit.

4 hours ago, Armagon said:
FzMo5I_agAEk4wM?format=jpg&name=large

The world isn't ready for the amount of elephant Daisy fetish art that will be unleashed when the game drops.

"I am playable.

But at what cost?"

4 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Could War Elephants work in Fire Emblem? - General Fire Emblem - Serenes  Forest Forums

This will be Grigas's favorite Mario lol

1 hour ago, GuardianSing said:

Like I was gonna let this day pass without celebrating my doppelganger's birthday on Teehee

Happy birthday, Edel. Killed any popes today?

Also she almost looks wrong to me without a massive forehead now

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

Would've heard him anyways when the game comes out in 2026.

Mods 😄

But fr why does it sound like he ripped off Rock Rock Mountain?

Because he sucks at music

tweet

i need to start it already

People want Adol to fucking die.

They want to see the mystery end

9 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

You know, remembering that talk about what Ys X's heroine's fate will be...

Tbf she isn't that important/big all things considered, especially compared to the likes of Feena/Tia/Dana

6 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

could be played as an important Area theme in the midgame. Has that vibe

They highlighted Mario losing his hat when entering a pipe in the Wonder trailer, but there's more. When Peach comes out of a pipe in that part where everyone was distracted by the foreground/background mix, instead of the classic pipe animation (or, lack thereof), you see her hands first, and she physically pulls herself out. It happens in less than a second, you blink and you miss it, but it's there.

Every time I see this trailer I notice something new. It really feels like it took Ninty this long to realize "hey, you know, those pipe animations and those power-up animations and the fact that we only have exactly enough characters for all four players and no more? We really only did it that way because back in the day we couldn't do any better, right?" and, for once in their lives, decided to do the unthinkable: Move forward.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

This is amazing. GBA emulation has been easy, convenient and stable for decades. It's been like, the easiest console to emulate forever. Potatos can run GBA emulators, and they work without discernible flaws. And then Nintendo's official, paid service manages to crash FE7 somehow. Nintendo Online never ceases to impress.

25 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

and they work without discernible flaws.

I am going to have to disagree here. Due to lacking a pressure pad. certain games such as MMBN are lacking on an emulator compared to it's GBA counterpart (cant say for other versions, though). Things like activating the Shield program as quickly as you can on GBA is VERY difficult on emulator.

9 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

There's a whole new wave of "it's a good game but not a good _ game" and I'm gonna start killing people.

5 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Mods 😄

Dread it. Run from it. Singa still arrives.

need to start it already

You played BotW before, right? 

Tbf she isn't that important/big all things considered, especially compared to the likes of Feena/Tia/Dana

Inb4 she's actually super important and it turned out she'd influence Adol's decision to go on further adventures.

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

and, for once in their lives, decided to do the unthinkable: Move forward.

"Onward and upward".

55 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

This is amazing. GBA emulation has been easy, convenient and stable for decades. It's been like, the easiest console to emulate forever. Potatos can run GBA emulators, and they work without discernible flaws. And then Nintendo's official, paid service manages to crash FE7 somehow. Nintendo Online never ceases to impress.

Nah cause they got FE8 to run on the 3DS before and also the GBA as a whole on Wii U and now that happens lmao.

28 minutes ago, Armagon said:

read it. Run from it. Singa still arrives

4k_fellowship_movie_screencaps.com_23524

28 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Inb4 she's actually super important and it turned out she'd influence Adol's decision to go on further adventures

wait

for some reason i read Acacia's post as Ys IX's Heroine not Ys X's lol

Yeah Ys X's will be most likely super important and have a gruesome fate as a result

Now I have a certain feeling of... emptiness, "what have you been doing for the past two weeks?", lack of direction?😐 The price, I postulate, of ascending into the isolated vacuum of space for a prolonged period, and then leave the lucid state of orbiting, awakening in the gravity of reality below.

Though, I do kinda wish I can find another game that can return me to that kind of conscious haze.🤔 My eyes were really fatigued by it, but I can see the appeal of the drunkenness, in a way. Not outright unconsciousness in my case, but "singleminded devotion of thoughts for a sizable portion of each day to a single object of interest", not ceasing to acknowledge all the other things in one's world, but to minimize one's thinking about them. Demanding, but it brings one into a present-focused state of mind, akin to that which beasts and flora must reside in, which our Homo genus must've until our brains became capable of conceiving of philosophy- teleology, morality, existentialism, theology. Not merely the consider the longer-term, which other creatures might, but the whole of one's life and how to live it, and not have but a single answer for these matters.

9 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

Human nature in a nutshell.

Especially since this is a big game that'll attract many who look upon it. Every set of eyes is another being capable of making an opinion, add the lack of responsibility for one's words the Internet allows, and you get less-than-diplomatic wording of those opinions -assuming an instance is real and not trolling for the sake of attention.

I've read over a few reviews (not that I intend to ever get the game), including one that said some resistance group meets in a brothel and have their serious discussions interrupted by moaning in the background. Also, more swearing than all past FFs combined. And, although the reviewer couldn't talk much about it b/c spoilers, when asked, they did say there was a queer instance, that while not great, wasn't handled badly either.

Just now, Armagon said:

There's a whole new wave of "it's a good game but not a good _ game" and I'm gonna start killing people.

Never thought I'd see the day you'd defend Final Too Archetypal Fantasy.

3 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Yeah Ys X's will be most likely super important and have a gruesome fate as a result

If I was her, I'd simply not die.

Although it would be cool if they do a sort of "two-parter" where they introduce her now and then in Ys 11, set after Ys 9, she comes back to help Adol on his new quest.

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

Never thought I'd see the day you'd defend Final Too Archetypal Fantasy.

I have no intentions of playing it of course, but that form of criticism is so pointless, because it never actually means anything.

36 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

for some reason i read Acacia's post as Ys IX's Heroine not Ys X's lol

Oh, I see, haha. It was like, "she's the deuteragonist and you say she's not important"? lol

32 minutes ago, Armagon said:

If I was her, I'd simply not die.

Although it would be cool if they do a sort of "two-parter" where they introduce her now and then in Ys 11, set after Ys 9, she comes back to help Adol on his new quest.

Just saying, she doesn't need to be alive for that...

Perhaps even being dead or otherwise in some kind of un-typical life state would make it easier for her to show up wherever the game would take place. Unless Adol returns up there.

Or maybe for his very last adventure, since he's traveling north again anyway. Maybe he disappeared because a Valkyrie picked up him as an Einherjar...