• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

Ah, nice. A talk event between Reese and Kramer triggered after defeating a bandit.

Yeah, Reese just has to end his turn next to the three amigos, and the talks will trigger.

5 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Fair point! XD
Although unless I'm using a Beast, I will probably make a girls only group. We'll see!
Although... hmm... I don't even know which classes I really want to use...
Decisions, decisions...

I'm not very familiar with class synergies and details in EOU2, but I could help ya a bit if you wished.

For the bold, usually I try to be gender-balanced with my teams because I like being diverse (which is also true of my skin tone choices in V). I never do all guys or all females, and for my four EOV runs (the last of which is still in-wait), I've used a male and a female portrait for each class once.

24 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

And I'm still sitting at the character creation screen in Etrian Odyssey Untold 2 after I turned it off when I realized I had no idea what party I wanted/what to name my characters; I went back to it just earlier.

I know this feeling. 😆 An hour spent here alone. And sometimes I think of a nice name, only to see it looks wrong in the text box when finished and that forces me to think of a new one that looks better. 

I can't remember where all my names even came from now, because a lot combine parts of two or three names or words. Almena, Kelote, Mizilas, Zebarve, Tensgana, Halvu, Nyonh, Meteskh, Kyojin, Lantilm, Tioc, Orynath. 

I've returned to my EOV third run now, took up back at the end of the 3rd Stratum, the Undead King had me on the ropes for the last turn, but then I slew him easily despite a slow start, he's by far the weakest boss of V. 

Si Xiang Guild (I think there's a Four Chinese Guardian Beasts themes to the member's names, but I can't remember who is which animal) still has it a bit bumpy, but it works. Trading the Divine Herald for a Botanist of either kind would've been good despite the loss of Haste Prayer, because again, this team wants Nectars and Skunk Cabbages are only so infrequent and I don't want to spam nights at the inn. My offense rests almost entirely in two characters, my Blade Dancer and my Spirit Broker, the former has Reblossom'ed Layered Blooms. The latter has Zombie Powder for good insta-kill, with Fair Trade getting more points to make it good for actual damage, after which I'll drop the last point into Poison Bomb, put more into Zombie Powder, and then focus on Sacrifice + Gates of Hell to finish that combination.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

16 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

I’m guessing Rutger is the best character in this game? Edgy? Check. Sword user? Check.

Yes.

Sacrifice him. It's what I did, and I only lost 36 units.

12 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Sylvis is bae ❤️

Back off, you. Get in line. The line starts way back there:

Govn7huo o <--------

Aim as a skill is awesome.

It'd be great in any game. In Berwick Saga? It's a godsend.

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Sylvis is making a reverse harem of us Serenes members

She's made a reverse harem of everyone who has ever played this game, I'm pretty sure. Her and Derrick.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

11 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'm not very familiar with class synergies and details in EOU2, but I could help ya a bit if you wished.

That would be much appreciated!
I only know that I probably want to use a Ronin and a Gunner. And I wanted to try out a Beast. But if these have good synergy or not, I have no clue, and I don't know what to put alongside them.

For the bold, usually I try to be gender-balanced with my teams because I like being diverse (which is also true of my skin tone choices in V). I never do all guys or all females, and for my four EOV runs (the last of which is still in-wait), I've used a male and a female portrait for each class once.

Same thing here, but for this run, I thought "why the heck not?"
It doesn't even have to be girls only, to be honest, that idea only sprung to mind, because if I used a Ronin and Gunner, I'd definitely use one of the female options, and for my beast, I'd probably want to pick a bear and pretend like it's one of my party member's pets. I liked making up backstories for the characters I created in EOIV, V, and Nexus, so I'll probably do the same here.

And sometimes I think of a nice name, only to see it looks wrong in the text box when finished and that forces me to think of a new one that looks better. 

Same! XD

I've returned to my EOV third run now, took up back at the end of the 3rd Stratum, the Undead King had me on the ropes for the last turn, but then I slew him easily despite a slow start, he's by far the weakest boss of V. 

Reminds me how much trouble I had with the Golem boss at the end of the first Stratum when I first played the game, with it constantly dividing into tinier versions of itself.
It eventually managed to completely deplete my SP pool, so I had no choice but to throw the battle multiple times.

Edited by DragonFlames

Death by Reese. Nice.

As in Reese died, or Reese got the kill?

By the way, every main chapter can get you up to 3 tactics points, (the game tells you how, I think, but sadly does not keep track of it,) and Reese promotes when you get 18, or after ch. 10.

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

As in Reese died, or Reese got the kill?

Reese took out the boss.

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

By the way, every main chapter can get you up to 3 tactics points, (the game tells you how, I think, but sadly does not keep track of it,) and Reese promotes when you get 18, or after ch. 10.

Oh, neat. Thanks for letting me know.

30 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

I’m guessing Rutger is the best character in this game? Edgy? Check. Sword user? Check.

He's FE6's best boss killer by a long shot, but being in a class locked to one-range (outside of Light Brand, but that sucks) really hampers him. Still the best Myrmidon/Swordmaster in the series, except for, like, Ryoma.

24 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yes.

Sacrifice him. It's what I did, and I only lost 36 units.

Lmao

If it wasn’t obvious, I beat the chapter and recruited him.

28 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I know this feeling. 😆 An hour spent here alone. And sometimes I think of a nice name

16 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

That would be much appreciated!
I only know that I probably want to use a Ronin and a Gunner. And I wanted to try out a Beast. But if these have good synergy or not, I have no clue, and I don't know what to put alongside them.

Same thing here, but for this run, I thought "why the heck not?"
It doesn't even have to be girls only, to be honest, that idea only sprung to mind, because if I used a Ronin and Gunner, I'd definitely use one of the female options, and for my beast, I'd probably want to pick a bear and pretend like it's one of my party member's pets.

This sounds really interesting! What is the gameplay like?

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

ya know, with Lynette being the original simp at all...

does that mean that Kaga, once again, did it first?

#KagaDidItFirst

What didn't Kaga do first? He did Echoes!Faye first (in both name and character), he did Garon first (only well-written in Volcyboy's case), he did cartoonishly evil guys with bleach white skin first, he did Hilda first (she's in Vestaria Saga though, but she's also a pinkhaired axewoman), he did the monastery first, he did "go have meals with your army" first...

Well, he didn't do fishing first. That much is true.

11 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

This sounds really interesting! What is the gameplay like?

Interdimensional Observer can probably explain it better than I can, but in a nutshell, the Etrian Odyssey series is a dungeon crawler where you (usually) create your own characters and select classes for them out of a pool of preexisting ones. In dungeons, you create your own map by drawing on the DS or 3DS' touchscreen.
Combat is turn-based, and you have up to five party members at any given time. There are two rows which you can assign your characters to, a front row and a back row - characters in the back row will deal less damage with close ranged weapons and attacks, but they also take less damage from enemies (in other words, this is the row you put long-range fighters and healers into). Exploration happens in a first-person perspective.

Basically, it's purposefully designed to be reminiscient of really old adventure games that have little in the way of a story - just enough to give you context for what you're doing, but the rest is left up to your imagination. Later games (namely EOV and Nexus) allow you to customize character appearance more and even have voice options for them.

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

All 121 stars collected for Mario and Luigi in Mario Galaxy, nice! *cheers*

Congrats! ^^

Edited by DragonFlames

Just now, lightcosmo said:

All 121 stars collected for Mario and Luigi in Mario Galaxy, nice! *cheers*

Congrats! I wanna play it now..

Except my first non 100% playthrough took me several months. So maybe I should wait...